Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Post New Topic
  Page of 7  Next >

WR Jakarrie Washington Commits

  • Jarjohm
  • Walk-On
  • 41 posts this site

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:05 AM

WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


Via Twitter:

@BostonHeraldHS John DiBiaso has confirmed that Jakarrie Washington has committed to Wisconsin. More to follow.

Last edited 1/24/2013 12:09 PM by BWWorgull

  • Jarjohm
  • Walk-On
  • 41 posts this site

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:11 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


Not much out there on the kid after a quick search.

5'11"
170 lbs
Class of 2013

Everett High School
Everett, MA

- Played WR and DB
- Runs between 4.3 and 4.4 in the 40-yard dash
- High school coach said Boston College, Conneticut, Syracuse, Purdue and Nebraska were talking with him prior to this season. 

Local newspaper article: Big Time Prospect : Everett Football Star Jakarrie Washington is Attracting Attention from Top College Programs

Last edited 1/24/2013 11:12 AM by Jarjohm

Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:14 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


Well, he's fast.  Don't know much else.  Fast is good, though.
  • Jarjohm
  • Walk-On
  • 41 posts this site

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:14 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


He was named to the 2012 MIAA All-State Team:

The 5-foot-10, 170-pounder was as dangerous on the ground as he was through the air, as the Crimson Tide captured their third straight Super Bowl championship. He caught 33 passes for 439 yards and nine touchdowns, and on the ground had 75 carries for 697 yards and 15 more scores. Defensively, he also recorded two picks and two fumble recoveries, one of which was returned for a touchdown.

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:19 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


Curious whether he ever visited and whether this staff has BB's same general policy of not taking a commitment until a kid visits.

Fast is good.  Ungodly fast is even better.  But the kid doesn't even have recruiting profiles on the major sites.  Don't know what to think.

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:20 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


Nice pickup, a burner who makes the MA All State team.  As we learned from this past season, loading up with more talent at WR is needed.
 
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:22 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


Everett's dominated HS football in MA for as long as I can remember.  It's almost always Everett vs one of the catholic schools.  

I'm guessing he'll be a DB here.

______________________________________
Patriots, Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins,
Badgers

Teach Me How to Bucky

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:25 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


Talk about not even close to the radar. ANYONE'S radar it seems.

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:26 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


Very odd that the recruiting services don't have the kid listed, yet he was apparently all-state in Mass as a senior.   How does that happen in the internet age we live in?

If true, welcome to Wis.  We need both WR and DB's with speed, so he should have an opportunity to contribute over 5 years.

Based on comments from Coach A about the WR's and then this kid comes up as a signee, interesting times ahead.

Go Badgers

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:28 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


Read his twitter feed.

Do not want if that is representative of this fine young man.
  • Jarjohm
  • Walk-On
  • 41 posts this site

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:29 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


Boston Herald article on the commitment:

Boston Herald All-Scholastic Jakarrie Washington of Everett gives a verbal commitment to Wisconsin


Blurb from the article:

According to Everett football coach John DiBiaso, Wisconsin and Texas Tech were the two schools would expressed the most interest.

"It's absolutely awesome, we're absolutely thrilled," DiBiaso said. "They offered him today and he accepted. We couldn't be happier for him."

AND

"The 5-foot-10, 175-pounder will be used as a cornerback for the Badgers."

Last edited 1/24/2013 11:31 AM by Jarjohm

  • WeSing
  • Freshman
  • 1138 posts this site

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:31 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


The more interesting tidbit in the Boston Herald article linked above is:

  The 5-foot-10, 175-pounder will be used as a cornerback for the Badgers.

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:39 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


It will be great to have a DB with between 4.3 and 4.4 40 yard speed.
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:40 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 



Bacchus1 wrote: Read his twitter feed.

Do not want if that is representative of this fine young man.
Haha, he sounds like a young kid.  I'm 24 and my twitter feed isn't much better.  What you say on twitter shouldn't come close to what you say/do in real life (at least for people my age), unless you use it in a professional capacity.

The only thing that concerns me is that he's a Ravens fan...

______________________________________
Patriots, Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins,
Badgers

Teach Me How to Bucky

Last edited 1/24/2013 11:45 AM by NewEnglandBadgers

  • WeSing
  • Freshman
  • 1138 posts this site

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:45 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 



NewEnglandBadgers wrote:
Bacchus1 wrote: Read his twitter feed.

Do not want if that is representative of this fine young man.
Haha, he sounds like a young kid.  I'm 24 and my twitter feed isn't much better.  What you say on twitter shouldn't come close to what you say/do in real life (at least for people my age), unless you use it in a professional capacity.
Bret Bielema's a grown man and he doesn't even know how to behave on Twitter.  It's still not a very good first impression and at the very least deserves a discussion into the importance of never posting anything you wouldn't want your mother to read.

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:45 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


Judge for yourself.  Looks good to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gpaiva6EQY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP8Iy9sQmhk
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:46 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 



WeSing wrote:
NewEnglandBadgers wrote:
Bacchus1 wrote: Read his twitter feed.

Do not want if that is representative of this fine young man.
Haha, he sounds like a young kid.  I'm 24 and my twitter feed isn't much better.  What you say on twitter shouldn't come close to what you say/do in real life (at least for people my age), unless you use it in a professional capacity.
Bret Bielema's a grown man and he doesn't even know how to behave on Twitter.  It's still not a very good first impression and at the very least deserves a discussion into the importance of never posting anything you wouldn't want your mother to read.
Definitely agree with you.  It's different now that he's a D1 athlete.  He should probably delete that account and create a new one.  Clean slate.

______________________________________
Patriots, Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins,
Badgers

Teach Me How to Bucky

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:50 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


This is probably the first of several surprises.  Like this one!
paperclip20 wrote: Judge for yourself.  Looks good to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gpaiva6EQY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP8Iy9sQmhk
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:53 AM

RE: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


Well, in the age of technology, I can't believe that there isn't more about him out there. TGP just tweeted he is being recruited as a CB.
--------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't need a search committee, I am the search committee."  Coach Barry Alvarez

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:56 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


Stating the obvious - this program's success will be largely determined by how well the staff can develop players like this.  He might be a bit raw as a DB compared to other recruits.  Can this staff develop less recruited players and walk-ons?  That is the big question.
 

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:58 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


Given the success at USU, you need to ask that question?
uwbadgers wrote: Stating the obvious - this program's success will be largely determined by how well the staff can develop players like this.  He might be a bit raw as a DB compared to other recruits.  Can this staff develop less recruited players and walk-ons?  That is the big question.

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:58 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


Didn't know any of the new coaches had connections in MA. Don't remember UW ever getting a guy out of MA - anyone?

Also, wonder how legit the 4-3 to 4-4 time is?

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:59 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 



uwbadgers wrote: Stating the obvious - this program's success will be largely determined by how well the staff can develop players like this.  He might be a bit raw as a DB compared to other recruits.  Can this staff develop less recruited players and walk-ons?  That is the big question.

Isn't that what determines the success of every UW coaching staff.  At least this DB has something that can't be taught, speed.

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:59 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


The Kid kind of reminds me of what the Saints and the Pats would use in the NFL just a quick little screen receiver. He looks more of a WR than he would a corner too small & thin, would love to see Gary establish the screen pass like the Pack does with Cobb!

Posted: 1/24/2013 11:59 AM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 



TheNewRed wrote: Given the success at USU, you need to ask that question?
uwbadgers wrote: Stating the obvious - this program's success will be largely determined by how well the staff can develop players like this.  He might be a bit raw as a DB compared to other recruits.  Can this staff develop less recruited players and walk-ons?  That is the big question.
Well, we're talking about an upper level team in a BCS conference, not a WAC program.
 

Posted: 1/24/2013 12:00 PM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 



wiscspfan wrote:
uwbadgers wrote: Stating the obvious - this program's success will be largely determined by how well the staff can develop players like this.  He might be a bit raw as a DB compared to other recruits.  Can this staff develop less recruited players and walk-ons?  That is the big question.

Isn't that what determines the success of every UW coaching staff.  At least this DB has something that can't be taught, speed.
Yep, that's why I said stating the obvious.
 

Posted: 1/24/2013 12:01 PM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


Yup!

---------------------------------------------
--- wiscspfan wrote:


uwbadgers wrote: Stating the obvious - this program's success will be largely determined by how well the staff can develop players like this.  He might be a bit raw as a DB compared to other recruits.  Can this staff develop less recruited players and walk-ons?  That is the big question.

Isn't that what determines the success of every UW coaching staff.  At least this DB has something that can't be taught, speed.

---------------------------------------------
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2013 12:01 PM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


Well if nothing else I like the fact that he plays for the Crimson Tide and has already won a Super Bowl. tongue
  • WeSing
  • Freshman
  • 1138 posts this site

Posted: 1/24/2013 12:03 PM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 



badgeroutsider wrote: Didn't know any of the new coaches had connections in MA. Don't remember UW ever getting a guy out of MA - anyone?

Also, wonder how legit the 4-3 to 4-4 time is?
From the article above:

DiBiaso credited assistant coach Mike Ruth with helping to get the wheels in motion.

"Mike went down to the Walter Camp dinner recently and he spoke to people on Wisconsin's staff," DiBiaso said. "They've gotten a late start because it is a new staff, but they were interested in Jakarrie. They reached out last week and he made the commitment this morning."

Posted: 1/24/2013 12:08 PM

Re: WR Jakarrie Washington Commits 


Yeah, that lowly WAC team that should have beat us last year had they made a 37 yard FG.  There's nothing to indicate this staff won't be very solid.  As for Washington, love the speed for CB or WR...wherever he'll fit based on other skills, the speed is obviously a good thing.

uwbadgers wrote:
TheNewRed wrote: Given the success at USU, you need to ask that question?
uwbadgers wrote: Stating the obvious - this program's success will be largely determined by how well the staff can develop players like this.  He might be a bit raw as a DB compared to other recruits.  Can this staff develop less recruited players and walk-ons?  That is the big question.
Well, we're talking about an upper level team in a BCS conference, not a WAC program.
Post New Topic
  Page of 7  Next >