Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At UW

Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 8:23 AM

Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At UW 


https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/arkansas-coach-bret-bielema-claims-his-team-is-ranked-between-no--1-and-no--76-000018348.html

"...But Bielema did say this year’s Arkansas team was better than the one he took over at Wisconsin in 2006."

I think we were ranked 76th in the country. We finished 12-1 and No. 5," Bielema said. "I know that rankings do truly not matter. As a player, as a fan, you don't necessarily see things through the eyes of a head coach. I know where we are at."

rolleyes
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 8:27 AM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


He better hope they're better than the Arkansas team he took over.


---------------------------------------------
--- thesup wrote:

sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-d...-000018348.html

"...But Bielema did say this year’s Arkansas team was better than the one he took over at Wisconsin in 2006."

I think we were ranked 76th in the country. We finished 12-1 and No. 5," Bielema said. "I know that rankings do truly not matter. As a player, as a fan, you don't necessarily see things through the eyes of a head coach. I know where we are at."

rolleyes


---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
  • TEM1962
  • Walk-On
  • 974 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 9:25 AM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


Looks like ole "Bert three chins" is letting Jen feed him his talking points.....does anyone else read this as he took over a bunch of misfits from Barry and single handedly made them into the #5 team in the Country??? At the end of the day he's rationalizing the poor preseason predictions for his hogs to Arky fan base in an attempt to give them a shred of hope for the season. This '14 hog team won't have anywhere near the success of '06 team and if they even make a toilet bowl it will be a huge win for him (and maybe he'll keep his job). My guess is this will be some great fodder for us as we move through the year and he continues to lose....as mom used to say "I don't care what you say I watch what you do....
Ph3431 wrote: He better hope they're better than the Arkansas team he took over.


---------------------------------------------
--- thesup wrote:

sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-d...-000018348.html

"...But Bielema did say this year’s Arkansas team was better than the one he took over at Wisconsin in 2006."

I think we were ranked 76th in the country. We finished 12-1 and No. 5," Bielema said. "I know that rankings do truly not matter. As a player, as a fan, you don't necessarily see things through the eyes of a head coach. I know where we are at."

rolleyes


---------------------------------------------
Why should we have to go to class if we came to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL, classes are POINTLESS. - Cardale Jones, puttin' class in tOSU!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 9:35 AM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


If nothing else, the way things have unfolded really have to give you more respect for Barry - the job he did managing BB & getting him to keep his big trap shut & not say so many stupid things while here was clearly a bigger one than we realized or gave him credit for.

Engage the good posters, ignore the bad, report as inappropriate the problems. Message board rules. Thanks.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 9:40 AM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


Sounds like a man who wants to get out of his contract.
thesup wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/arkansas-coach-bret-bielema-claims-his-team-is-ranked-between-no--1-and-no--76-000018348.html

"...But Bielema did say this year’s Arkansas team was better than the one he took over at Wisconsin in 2006."

I think we were ranked 76th in the country. We finished 12-1 and No. 5," Bielema said. "I know that rankings do truly not matter. As a player, as a fan, you don't necessarily see things through the eyes of a head coach. I know where we are at."

rolleyes
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 9:52 AM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


Wow, you guys are being ridiculous.  Not only is this not objectionable, it's actually the right thing to say.

Seriously, it sounds like reporters were trying to get him to say that expectations were low for his team.  And he basically responded by basically saying, "I once had a team that was expected to be terrible and all we went was 12-1 and we ended up ranked #5."

That's a great answer.  Of course,it's hyperbole (we started #32 in the Coaches Poll), and I doubt his lineup in Arkansas is as talented, but what do you want him to say?  "We aren't going to be very good."  NO!  He has to make the case that his team will be good, and speaking to personal experience is a great way to get that point across.

The Bielema hate from this fanbase is getting ridiculous.  He says enough stupid things, so why are we picking apart correct answers.  If Gary Andersen said something similar about Utah State at some point, we would find it clever and reassuring.  But because Bret says it, it shows his ego or whatever.  My god, it makes our fanbase look so petty.

Last edited 8/21/2014 9:52 AM by SmartBadgerFan

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 9:59 AM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


He said that in 2006 that he made a silk purse from a sow's ear and this year  he has a better sow's ear. My gut [NPI] tells me that his purse won't be as good.

I wasn't born in Wisconsin, but I got here as soon as I could.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 10:29 AM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


So do you also think Arkansas 2014 is better than UW 2006?

---------------------------------------------
--- SmartBadgerFan wrote:

Wow, you guys are being ridiculous.  Not only is this not objectionable, it's actually the right thing to say.

Seriously, it sounds like reporters were trying to get him to say that expectations were low for his team.  And he basically responded by basically saying, "I once had a team that was expected to be terrible and all we went was 12-1 and we ended up ranked #5."

That's a great answer.  Of course,it's hyperbole (we started #32 in the Coaches Poll), and I doubt his lineup in Arkansas is as talented, but what do you want him to say?  "We aren't going to be very good."  NO!  He has to make the case that his team will be good, and speaking to personal experience is a great way to get that point across.

The Bielema hate from this fanbase is getting ridiculous.  He says enough stupid things, so why are we picking apart correct answers.  If Gary Andersen said something similar about Utah State at some point, we would find it clever and reassuring.  But because Bret says it, it shows his ego or whatever.  My god, it makes our fanbase look so petty.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 10:42 AM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


Comparing them favorably to the 2006 team isn't that big a stretch. That team wasn't the powerhouse a 12-1 record might indicate. There were a lot of close games, and a couple fortunate wins. Most fortunate was the milk toast schedule. IMO that finishing #5 rating was due to the record and not the quality of the team.

That said, if Bielema wins half as many games as that team he'll have a good year.

Last edited 8/21/2014 10:54 AM by UnknownBadger

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 10:44 AM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


2Bs is just planting the seed for later in the year when they're getting trampled again...the SEC is soooooo much harder than the easy B1G. "My team is just as good, but the competition is harder" is what he's (going to be) saying.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 11:12 AM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 



SmartBadgerFan wrote: Wow, you guys are being ridiculous.  Not only is this not objectionable, it's actually the right thing to say.

Seriously, it sounds like reporters were trying to get him to say that expectations were low for his team.  And he basically responded by basically saying, "I once had a team that was expected to be terrible and all we went was 12-1 and we ended up ranked #5."

That's a great answer.  Of course,it's hyperbole (we started #32 in the Coaches Poll), and I doubt his lineup in Arkansas is as talented, but what do you want him to say?  "We aren't going to be very good."  NO!  He has to make the case that his team will be good, and speaking to personal experience is a great way to get that point across.

The Bielema hate from this fanbase is getting ridiculous.  He says enough stupid things, so why are we picking apart correct answers.  If Gary Andersen said something similar about Utah State at some point, we would find it clever and reassuring.  But because Bret says it, it shows his ego or whatever.  My god, it makes our fanbase look so petty.

The reason it is ridiculous is that there was literally zero reason to bring up Wisconsin at all to set expectations for his current team.  If he would have said, "You know, I've had teams that weren't expected to be as good as they turned out, so I wouldn't pay much attention to polls at this point" then I would have no beef at all.  He made a direct comparison and said that his team this year is better than the 2006 Wisconsin team.  He's just horrible at the PR game.  You'd think that at this point he'd do all things possible to just forget about Wisconsin and instead he brings it up seemingly every chance he gets.  I'm not a PC person at all, but he just isn't very tactful and is unprofessional IMO.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 11:23 AM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 



thesup wrote:
SmartBadgerFan wrote: Wow, you guys are being ridiculous.  Not only is this not objectionable, it's actually the right thing to say.

Seriously, it sounds like reporters were trying to get him to say that expectations were low for his team.  And he basically responded by basically saying, "I once had a team that was expected to be terrible and all we went was 12-1 and we ended up ranked #5."

That's a great answer.  Of course,it's hyperbole (we started #32 in the Coaches Poll), and I doubt his lineup in Arkansas is as talented, but what do you want him to say?  "We aren't going to be very good."  NO!  He has to make the case that his team will be good, and speaking to personal experience is a great way to get that point across.

The Bielema hate from this fanbase is getting ridiculous.  He says enough stupid things, so why are we picking apart correct answers.  If Gary Andersen said something similar about Utah State at some point, we would find it clever and reassuring.  But because Bret says it, it shows his ego or whatever.  My god, it makes our fanbase look so petty.

The reason it is ridiculous is that there was literally zero reason to bring up Wisconsin at all to set expectations for his current team.  If he would have said, "You know, I've had teams that weren't expected to be as good as they turned out, so I wouldn't pay much attention to polls at this point" then I would have no beef at all.  He made a direct comparison and said that his team this year is better than the 2006 Wisconsin team.  He's just horrible at the PR game.  You'd think that at this point he'd do all things possible to just forget about Wisconsin and instead he brings it up seemingly every chance he gets.  I'm not a PC person at all, but he just isn't very tactful and is unprofessional IMO.
You'd think after 8 years as an HC and 44 years of age Bielema would have shown a higher maturation level.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 11:28 AM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 



UnknownBadger wrote: 
You'd think after 8 years as an HC and 44 years of age Bielema would have shown a higher maturation level.
And again - he's even older & more experienced now that when he was at UW. It's not like he didn't say stupid things sometimes while here - certainly he did - and obviously our view on them was skewed considerably. Still, this older, more experienced BB - who's been stung by some PR blunders which should have been instructional - is actually even worse now.

Engage the good posters, ignore the bad, report as inappropriate the problems. Message board rules. Thanks.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 11:34 AM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 



multimed wrote:
UnknownBadger wrote: 
You'd think after 8 years as an HC and 44 years of age Bielema would have shown a higher maturation level.
And again - he's even older & more experienced now that when he was at UW. It's not like he didn't say stupid things sometimes while here - certainly he did - and obviously our view on them was skewed considerably. Still, this older, more experienced BB - who's been stung by some PR blunders which should have been instructional - is actually even worse now.
Yup!
Reply | Quote
  • favre04
  • Walk-On
  • 301 posts this site

Posted: 8/21/2014 11:41 AM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


What is this guy smoking or should I say eating. He took over a team that went 10-3 in 2005 and punced Auburn. The 06 team had one of the weakest schedules in Badger history.
thesup wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/arkansas-coach-bret-bielema-claims-his-team-is-ranked-between-no--1-and-no--76-000018348.html

"...But Bielema did say this year’s Arkansas team was better than the one he took over at Wisconsin in 2006."

I think we were ranked 76th in the country. We finished 12-1 and No. 5," Bielema said. "I know that rankings do truly not matter. As a player, as a fan, you don't necessarily see things through the eyes of a head coach. I know where we are at."

rolleyes
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 12:42 PM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


This is dumb for him to do in my opinion. He's saying his current Arkansas team is better than a team that beat two of the best SEC teams in back to back years in high profile bowl games. So how could he possibly explain not having at least a winning record by seasons end? He's literally setting himself up for failure.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 12:44 PM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


OK, I'll play along. That 2006  Wisconsin team had several players in the depth that have played in the NFL including:

O-Line: Joe Thomas, Urbick,  
Both tight ends: Beckum and Garrett Graham
D-Line: Matt Shaughnessy, Nick Hayden
Two linebackers: Casillas and Levy
DB: Jack Ikegwuonu
RB: PJ Hill

WR: Paul Hubbard (was drafted); 


Stocco was a solid QB, PJ Hill could run the ball and had Urbick and Thomas in front of him and Luke Swan could catch the ball. The O-Line was traditional Wisconsin.

We played one ranked team during the regular season (Michigan) and they beat us.  

So is this Arkansas team better set up for success than that team?  I doubt it. That said, I'm not sure it's the point he was making. Sometimes you are better than the critics think you are. I'm just not sold his Arkansas team fits the bill and that SEC schedule is killer.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 1:19 PM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


Not our circus, not our monkey!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 2:01 PM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


I actually feel really sad for him.  It's almost like he can't let go.  Like the old girlfriend that you still love.  I think he knows his new "girlfriend" sucks and he wishes he had the old one back.  Just my take, but at others stated there is no need to mention the Badger program at all never mind a specific Badger team.  I never hear Saban talk about MSU, or Meyer about Florida.  I think he knows he's in for some bad times and he's trying to convince himself and others that it's no different than what he's faced before.  He needs to turn the page, meanwhile I'll keep watching the car wreck as I'll be surprised if he succeeds.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 4:31 PM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 



thesup wrote:
SmartBadgerFan wrote: Wow, you guys are being ridiculous.  Not only is this not objectionable, it's actually the right thing to say.

Seriously, it sounds like reporters were trying to get him to say that expectations were low for his team.  And he basically responded by basically saying, "I once had a team that was expected to be terrible and all we went was 12-1 and we ended up ranked #5."

That's a great answer.  Of course,it's hyperbole (we started #32 in the Coaches Poll), and I doubt his lineup in Arkansas is as talented, but what do you want him to say?  "We aren't going to be very good."  NO!  He has to make the case that his team will be good, and speaking to personal experience is a great way to get that point across.

The Bielema hate from this fanbase is getting ridiculous.  He says enough stupid things, so why are we picking apart correct answers.  If Gary Andersen said something similar about Utah State at some point, we would find it clever and reassuring.  But because Bret says it, it shows his ego or whatever.  My god, it makes our fanbase look so petty.

The reason it is ridiculous is that there was literally zero reason to bring up Wisconsin at all to set expectations for his current team.  If he would have said, "You know, I've had teams that weren't expected to be as good as they turned out, so I wouldn't pay much attention to polls at this point" then I would have no beef at all.  He made a direct comparison and said that his team this year is better than the 2006 Wisconsin team.  He's just horrible at the PR game.  You'd think that at this point he'd do all things possible to just forget about Wisconsin and instead he brings it up seemingly every chance he gets.  I'm not a PC person at all, but he just isn't very tactful and is unprofessional IMO.
No, he didn't.  He actually said the former.  Here's the direct quote,

"

"I think we were ranked 76th in the country. We finished 12-1 and No. 5. I know that rankings do truly not matter," Bielema told reporters before an appearance at the Little Rock Touchdown Club. "As a player, as a fan, you don't necessarily see things through the eyes of a head coach. I know where we are at."

And that is ... ?

"I don't think we're No. 76. I don't think we're No. 1. I think we're somewhere in between," he said.

Where does he say anything about Arkansas being better than 2006 Wisconsin?  I'll be waiting.  His whole point was that rankings don't matter, and he cited 2006 Wisconsin as an example.  No one seems to disagree with him, yet everyone wants to call him stupid because you can't read what he said.  Again, it makes our fanbase look irrational, stupid, and petty.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 4:42 PM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 



SmartBadgerFan wrote:
thesup wrote:
SmartBadgerFan wrote: Wow, you guys are being ridiculous.  Not only is this not objectionable, it's actually the right thing to say.

Seriously, it sounds like reporters were trying to get him to say that expectations were low for his team.  And he basically responded by basically saying, "I once had a team that was expected to be terrible and all we went was 12-1 and we ended up ranked #5."

That's a great answer.  Of course,it's hyperbole (we started #32 in the Coaches Poll), and I doubt his lineup in Arkansas is as talented, but what do you want him to say?  "We aren't going to be very good."  NO!  He has to make the case that his team will be good, and speaking to personal experience is a great way to get that point across.

The Bielema hate from this fanbase is getting ridiculous.  He says enough stupid things, so why are we picking apart correct answers.  If Gary Andersen said something similar about Utah State at some point, we would find it clever and reassuring.  But because Bret says it, it shows his ego or whatever.  My god, it makes our fanbase look so petty.

The reason it is ridiculous is that there was literally zero reason to bring up Wisconsin at all to set expectations for his current team.  If he would have said, "You know, I've had teams that weren't expected to be as good as they turned out, so I wouldn't pay much attention to polls at this point" then I would have no beef at all.  He made a direct comparison and said that his team this year is better than the 2006 Wisconsin team.  He's just horrible at the PR game.  You'd think that at this point he'd do all things possible to just forget about Wisconsin and instead he brings it up seemingly every chance he gets.  I'm not a PC person at all, but he just isn't very tactful and is unprofessional IMO.
No, he didn't.  He actually said the former.  Here's the direct quote,

"

"I think we were ranked 76th in the country. We finished 12-1 and No. 5. I know that rankings do truly not matter," Bielema told reporters before an appearance at the Little Rock Touchdown Club. "As a player, as a fan, you don't necessarily see things through the eyes of a head coach. I know where we are at."

And that is ... ?

"I don't think we're No. 76. I don't think we're No. 1. I think we're somewhere in between," he said.

Where does he say anything about Arkansas being better than 2006 Wisconsin?  I'll be waiting.  His whole point was that rankings don't matter, and he cited 2006 Wisconsin as an example.  No one seems to disagree with him, yet everyone wants to call him stupid because you can't read what he said.  Again, it makes our fanbase look irrational, stupid, and petty.

The reporter wrote:    But Bielema did say this year’s Arkansas team was better than the one he took over at Wisconsin in 2006.

He didn't put quotation marks around every word BB said to him during the interview.  He is reporting that BB said that.  Now that may be no more truthful than anything else he wrote but he directly says "Bielema did say...".  So unless you were there that's the most definitive word on the subject.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 5:00 PM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 



Kilgore309 wrote:
SmartBadgerFan wrote:
 
No, he didn't.  He actually said the former.  Here's the direct quote,

"

"I think we were ranked 76th in the country. We finished 12-1 and No. 5. I know that rankings do truly not matter," Bielema told reporters before an appearance at the Little Rock Touchdown Club. "As a player, as a fan, you don't necessarily see things through the eyes of a head coach. I know where we are at."

And that is ... ?

"I don't think we're No. 76. I don't think we're No. 1. I think we're somewhere in between," he said.

Where does he say anything about Arkansas being better than 2006 Wisconsin?  I'll be waiting.  His whole point was that rankings don't matter, and he cited 2006 Wisconsin as an example.  No one seems to disagree with him, yet everyone wants to call him stupid because you can't read what he said.  Again, it makes our fanbase look irrational, stupid, and petty.

The reporter wrote:    But Bielema did say this year’s Arkansas team was better than the one he took over at Wisconsin in 2006.

He didn't put quotation marks around every word BB said to him during the interview.  He is reporting that BB said that.  Now that may be no more truthful than anything else he wrote but he directly says "Bielema did say...".  So unless you were there that's the most definitive word on the subject.
banghead

No, the "reporter" is a blogger from Yahoo who takes articles from other local source and brings it to the masses.  She (yes, it's a female) is not an Arkansas reporter, nor did she do an "interview" with Bielema.  If she did, she wouldn't have to link to the actual source of her quotes.  And basic understanding of syntax makes it clear that she thinks the next quote is the source of Bielema "saying" this year's Arkansas team was better than 2006 Wisconsin.

It's just unbelievable that we are now defying common sense and English to "prove" that Bielema looks like an idiot.  Some of our fans are that blinded by your hate of him.  I don't understand it, because again, it makes our fanbase look awful and makes people think we have to make stuff up to make Bielema look bad.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 5:41 PM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


Why are we discussing Arkansas? Last time I looked they're not in our conference or on our schedule. WIU is a more interesting topic.
These ARE the Good Old Days.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 7:24 PM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


Who's WIU?


---------------------------------------------
--- OlBadger wrote:

Why are we discussing Arkansas? Last time I looked they're not in our conference or on our schedule. WIU is a more interesting topic.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
  • TEM1962
  • Walk-On
  • 974 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 7:49 PM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


The "Leathernecks" from Macomb IL pirate

Ph3431 wrote: Who's WIU?


---------------------------------------------
--- OlBadger wrote:

Why are we discussing Arkansas? Last time I looked they're not in our conference or on our schedule. WIU is a more interesting topic.

---------------------------------------------
Why should we have to go to class if we came to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL, classes are POINTLESS. - Cardale Jones, puttin' class in tOSU!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 8:04 PM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


Said before, say it again: Bert will NOT finish his contract at Arky.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 8:55 PM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


Some of our fans are that blinded by your hate of him.  I don't understand it, because again, it makes our fanbase look awful and makes people think we have to make stuff up to make Bielema look bad.

Not sure what you don't understand about it.  The guy left about as bad as you can leave.  I don't think our hatred for him makes us look awful, most fan bases would act just as ours does to someone who leaves the way Bert left.  I respect the fact that you desire to defend him, maybe you are the bigger person. I, however, believe that on his way out he took a dump on our school and I'm not going to spend one ounce of energy defending him.  As for the Bert bashing making us look stupid that will only happen if he succeeds, which at this point doesn't look likely.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 9:05 PM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 



belkins wrote:

2Bs is just planting the seed for later in the year when they're getting trampled again...the SEC is soooooo much harder than the easy B1G. "My team is just as good, but the competition is harder" is what he's (going to be) saying.

I dont know about that, but its safe to say this Arky schedule is much much tougher than the 2006 Wisky schedule...not even close


2006-Wisconsin (Big Ten)

9/2vs.Bowling Green State (4-8)W3514@ Cleveland, OH
9/9vs.Western Illinois (non-IA)W3410
9/16vs.San Diego State (3-9)W140
9/23@*Michigan (11-2)L1327
9/30@*Indiana (5-7)W5217
10/7vs.*Northwestern (4-8)W419
10/14vs.*Minnesota (6-7)W4812
10/21@*Purdue (8-6)W243
10/28vs.*Illinois (2-10)W3024
11/4vs.*Penn State (9-4)W133
11/11@*Iowa (6-7)W2421
11/18vs.Buffalo (2-10)W353
1/1vs.Arkansas (10-4)W1714@ Orlando, FLCapital One Bowl
 

12-1-0

 380157
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/21/2014 9:06 PM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 


Continuing to obsess over your ex makes you look bad regardless of their success or failure.

I have no interest in him or Arkansas until we play them or they become relevant. Just like I have little to no interest in PC or DD. Or Brad Soderberg.

BB was always this way, but he was our jerk. Talking about his jerkiness now only makes us look stupid as many condoned/laughed/didn't care previously.

I wish folks would stop posting stuff that he says as it has no relevance to our program.


---------------------------------------------
--- MGMbadger wrote:

Some of our fans are that blinded by your hate of him.  I don't understand it, because again, it makes our fanbase look awful and makes people think we have to make stuff up to make Bielema look bad.

Not sure what you don't understand about it.  The guy left about as bad as you can leave.  I don't think our hatred for him makes us look awful, most fan bases would act just as ours does to someone who leaves the way Bert left.  I respect the fact that you desire to defend him, maybe you are the bigger person. I, however, believe that on his way out he took a dump on our school and I'm not going to spend one ounce of energy defending him.  As for the Bert bashing making us look stupid that will only happen if he succeeds, which at this point doesn't look likely.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
  • TEM1962
  • Walk-On
  • 974 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 8/21/2014 9:06 PM

Re: Bielema: This Arkansas Team Better Than One He Took Over At 



MGMbadger wrote:
Some of our fans are that blinded by your hate of him.  I don't understand it, because again, it makes our fanbase look awful and makes people think we have to make stuff up to make Bielema look bad.

Not sure what you don't understand about it.  The guy left about as bad as you can leave.  I don't think our hatred for him makes us look awful, most fan bases would act just as ours does to someone who leaves the way Bert left.  I respect the fact that you desire to defend him, maybe you are the bigger person. I, however, believe that on his way out he took a dump on our school and I'm not going to spend one ounce of energy defending him.  As for the Bert bashing making us look stupid that will only happen if he succeeds, which at this point doesn't look likely.
"Have to make stuff up to make Bielema look bad"....are you F'n kidding? WOW...you need a serious reality check, NO ONE needs to make anything up with Bert's lips wagging blah2blah2blah2...he (and his "lovely" bride) provide plenty of ammunition...he F'd up leaving UW for Hogville and knows it.... his leash is very short...hope he's saving his shekels...MTSU doesn't pay like the SEC or B1G....
Why should we have to go to class if we came to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL, classes are POINTLESS. - Cardale Jones, puttin' class in tOSU!

Last edited 8/21/2014 9:20 PM by TEM1962

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >