Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Braxton Miller

Posted: 8/18/2014 8:12 PM

Braxton Miller 


Word on Twitter (out of C-Bus) is that Braxton Miller re-injured his right shoulder.

Story developing.
"Nobody has defended (Ray) Rice. TGP and PH are trying to perpetuate a myth. They don't have a reading comprehension problem. They are simply idiots." - Kowitzc on 7/31/14 during a debate about domestic violence.

Last edited 8/18/2014 8:22 PM by potrykus

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/18/2014 8:26 PM

Re: Braxton Miller 



And instantly MSU becomes the heavy favorite in the east.

---------------------------------------------
--- potrykus wrote:

Word on Twitter (out of C-Bus) is that Braxton Miller re-injured his right shoulder.

Story developing.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/18/2014 8:28 PM

Re: Braxton Miller 


I just read a thread on their board late last night that said they're basically screwed if Miller goes down. I guess none of the other qb's have looked good so far in camp.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/18/2014 8:30 PM

Re: Braxton Miller 


"significant" injury. Not sure if its season-ending or not. But not sounding good for OSU
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/18/2014 8:42 PM

Re: Braxton Miller 


The reports are that Braxton Miller will likely miss the season, but then try to come back the following season after taking a redshirt. I almost don't know if that is good for us, since this year we have such an easy path to the title game anyway. This just makes next season that much more difficult.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/18/2014 8:45 PM

Re: Braxton Miller 


Not good for the conference as a whole, hope it isn't as bad as it sounds, I have no love for OSU but you hate to see this happen, by all accounts he seems like a class act and a great competitor, wishing him a speedy recovery
"Not that I condone fascism, or any "ism" for that matter. "Isms" in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an "ism", he should believe in himself."
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/18/2014 8:48 PM

Re: Braxton Miller 



jeffwax1 wrote: The reports are that Braxton Miller will likely miss the season, but then try to come back the following season after taking a redshirt. I almost don't know if that is good for us, since this year we have such an easy path to the title game anyway. This just makes next season that much more difficult.
That's probably a likely outcome, but I'm sure that's speculation. I really doubt Miller has decided and stated his intentions only hours after his injury.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/18/2014 8:50 PM

Re: Braxton Miller 



arrogantprick wrote:
jeffwax1 wrote: The reports are that Braxton Miller will likely miss the season, but then try to come back the following season after taking a redshirt. I almost don't know if that is good for us, since this year we have such an easy path to the title game anyway. This just makes next season that much more difficult.
That's probably a likely outcome, but I'm sure that's speculation. I really doubt Miller has decided and stated his intentions only hours after his injury.

Yeah, nothing is certain, but it seems the very likely outcome. It's not like he's got a future as an NFL quarterback. It would make sense to come back for his 5th season.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/18/2014 8:57 PM

Re: Braxton Miller 


From a perspective outside of Buckeye country, it really just makes the first two meaningful games for the B10 even more meaningful. That being MSU/Oregon and UW/LSU. If both Sparty and ourselves drop these games, this conference is going to get shellacked all year. But if one or both win these games, it could allow for an even easier path into the 4 team playoff. I like how Wisconsin would potentially match-up with Sparty over OSU in the B10 title game prior to this injury an obviously MSU getting a Braxton-less OSU at home would seem to be a much more certain victory. Anyways, not great for the conference as a whole, but could make OSU the favorite in 2015
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/18/2014 9:00 PM

Re: Braxton Miller 



jeffwax1 wrote: The reports are that Braxton Miller will likely miss the season, but then try to come back the following season after taking a redshirt. I almost don't know if that is good for us, since this year we have such an easy path to the title game anyway. This just makes next season that much more difficult.
Any prospective opponent we face out of the east in any given year will be good.  It's a loaded division and the winner will have earned every bit of it and be a tough opponent.  Braxton is good and talented, but it's not like hes some superstar to mortally fear. MSU sure didn't last year.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/18/2014 9:00 PM

Re: Braxton Miller 


Wisconsin in good shape with the best running back and the best quarterback in the league now. #Sunshine
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/18/2014 9:03 PM

Re: Braxton Miller 


Wasn't aware Connor Cook transferred.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/18/2014 9:07 PM

Re: Braxton Miller 


Urban Meyer has announced that, pending the results of the MRI, he may need to "spend more time with family."

Last edited 8/18/2014 9:07 PM by EricTheeRed

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/18/2014 9:13 PM

Re: Braxton Miller 


weird thing, I thought it was a matter of time before he got dinged badly due to his many touches in the meyer system. People forget he sat out a few games last year and guyton played his a-- off or osu may lose 1-2 of those games,


Also OSu has been remarkablyy healthy in terms of impact players during this ten year run of mostly elite play so......


Tebow was 245ish? Miller might be 220 so, law of averages?


aaron rogers type injury or ........................noidea

 

a raving OSu fan just texted me 30 minutes ago, "we are screwed'. 

Last edited 8/18/2014 9:23 PM by buckyfever1

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/18/2014 9:31 PM

Re: Braxton Miller 


OSU was already at a disadvantage having to travel to MSU this year. If its true that he's out for the enitre season, the odds of them winning their division are slim unless his backup is fantastic. Rough luck for them.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/18/2014 9:41 PM

Re: Braxton Miller 


yep, again, OSU has been VERY healthy from gamble to troy smith to will smith to  Miller, etc.

Hyde had an off the field issue yet overall? OSU's record has been outstanding since 2002ish and, I think being helathy has had a ton to do with it.Injuries in CF at impact spots like a qb in Meyers system or to say a calhoun when he was a one man show?  Ouch.

Look at 94 rose, when montgomery and Deramus were out? UW O did NOTHING vs an at best, UCLA D. How about the OSU O when fla throttled them in MNC game? When Ginn left game, fla rolled up its coverages and game over....................

Easy to play a team when it is missing 30-40 percent of its O. Clowns in Cbus? will be booing mid third game thinking a backup 4-5 star kid can step in and lose little, trust meeek1
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/18/2014 9:45 PM

Re: Braxton Miller 



EricTheeRed wrote: Urban Meyer has announced that, pending the results of the MRI, he may need to "spend more time with family."
ESPN has announced a tentative slate of games for Meyer to appear on while spending that time with his family.  Pending the MRI, of course.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/18/2014 10:05 PM

Re: Braxton Miller 



EricTheeRed wrote: Urban Meyer has announced that, pending the results of the MRI, he may need to "spend more time with family."

biggrin !
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/18/2014 10:39 PM

Re: Braxton Miller 



imabadger55 wrote: From a perspective outside of Buckeye country, it really just makes the first two meaningful games for the B10 even more meaningful. That being MSU/Oregon and UW/LSU. If both Sparty and ourselves drop these games, this conference is going to get shellacked all year. But if one or both win these games, it could allow for an even easier path into the 4 team playoff. I like how Wisconsin would potentially match-up with Sparty over OSU in the B10 title game prior to this injury an obviously MSU getting a Braxton-less OSU at home would seem to be a much more certain victory. Anyways, not great for the conference as a whole, but could make OSU the favorite in 2015

Agree with your first point about needing MSU-Oregon, Wisconsin-LSU, and/or IU-Missouri to go the Big Ten's way is more important now that the false hype of Ohio State won't be as strong.

Your second part about "Sparty over OSU" was a foregone conclusion prior to the Miller injury.  No way in hell MSU would have lost to a healthy Ohio State team.  The only possible scenario of OSU getting into the BTCG would have been due to Ohio State's easy schedule.  This ain't a Tressell or Cooper coached Buckeye squad.  Dantonio would never lose to a gimmick mickey mouse program with so much at stake.  
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/18/2014 10:59 PM

Re: Braxton Miller 



buckyfever1 wrote:

weird thing, I thought it was a matter of time before he got dinged badly due to his many touches in the meyer system. People forget he sat out a few games last year and guyton played his a-- off or osu may lose 1-2 of those games,


Also OSu has been remarkablyy healthy in terms of impact players during this ten year run of mostly elite play so......


Tebow was 245ish? Miller might be 220 so, law of averages?


aaron rogers type injury or ........................noidea

 

a raving OSu fan just texted me 30 minutes ago, "we are screwed'. 

Kenny Guiton graduate or transfer? Looks like graduation.

I wasn't born in Wisconsin, but I got here as soon as I could.

Last edited 8/18/2014 11:10 PM by BAJJERFAN

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/19/2014 7:51 AM

Re: Braxton Miller 



Spartandawg23 wrote:
Your second part about "Sparty over OSU" was a foregone conclusion prior to the Miller injury.  No way in hell MSU would have lost to a healthy Ohio State team.  The only possible scenario of OSU getting into the BTCG would have been due to Ohio State's easy schedule.  This ain't a Tressell or Cooper coached Buckeye squad.  Dantonio would never lose to a gimmick mickey mouse program with so much at stake.  
eek
 
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/19/2014 8:16 AM

Re: Braxton Miller 


Word in Ohio this AM is he is done for the year, J.T. Barrett will be the starter. A big time recruit a couple years ago, tore his ACL in high school. 
http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2014/08/19/0818-osu-qbs.html

Bo Ryan's offense is officially dead and has been figured out by the B1G. The only way he can continue to coach it is if he significantly upgrades the players.-George2k5

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/19/2014 8:24 AM

Re: Braxton Miller 



jeffwax1 wrote:
arrogantprick wrote:
jeffwax1 wrote: The reports are that Braxton Miller will likely miss the season, but then try to come back the following season after taking a redshirt. I almost don't know if that is good for us, since this year we have such an easy path to the title game anyway. This just makes next season that much more difficult.
That's probably a likely outcome, but I'm sure that's speculation. I really doubt Miller has decided and stated his intentions only hours after his injury.

Yeah, nothing is certain, but it seems the very likely outcome. It's not like he's got a future as an NFL quarterback. It would make sense to come back for his 5th season.
Next season's schedule is easy as well, jeff. Our cross-over games will be Rutgers and Maryland again.

Last edited 8/19/2014 8:26 AM by UnknownBadger

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/19/2014 8:28 AM

Re: Braxton Miller 



BAJJERFAN wrote:
buckyfever1 wrote:

weird thing, I thought it was a matter of time before he got dinged badly due to his many touches in the meyer system. People forget he sat out a few games last year and guyton played his a-- off or osu may lose 1-2 of those games,


Also OSu has been remarkablyy healthy in terms of impact players during this ten year run of mostly elite play so......


Tebow was 245ish? Miller might be 220 so, law of averages?


aaron rogers type injury or ........................noidea

 

a raving OSu fan just texted me 30 minutes ago, "we are screwed'. 

Kenny Guiton graduate or transfer? Looks like graduation.
Guyton graduated.
Joe Paterno, the man who had the knowledge but lacked the conviction to stop Sandusky
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/19/2014 8:29 AM

Re: Braxton Miller 


http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/big-ten/2015-wisconsin-badgers-football-schedule.php

Correct, we dont play UM, MSU, OSU or PSU again. Also Stave will be a senior, Clement will be a year older and all of our WR's will be older. Besides Bama next year, we could run the table

Bo Ryan's offense is officially dead and has been figured out by the B1G. The only way he can continue to coach it is if he significantly upgrades the players.-George2k5

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/19/2014 8:38 AM

Re: Braxton Miller 



Badger8843 wrote: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/big-ten/2015-wisconsin-badgers-football-schedule.php

Correct, we dont play UM, MSU, OSU or PSU again. Also Stave will be a senior, Clement will be a year older and all of our WR's will be older. Besides Bama next year, we could run the table
Wow, 8843, that's a pretty gutsy call considering we'll be losing 3 of our starting OLinemen and we have a walk-on in our2 deep.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/19/2014 9:27 AM

Re: Braxton Miller 


We return all of our WR's, our QB, a stud RB in Clement. We are Wisconsin, replacing OL is usually something we do at a high rate. 
UnknownBadger wrote:
Badger8843 wrote: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/big-ten/2015-wisconsin-badgers-football-schedule.php

Correct, we dont play UM, MSU, OSU or PSU again. Also Stave will be a senior, Clement will be a year older and all of our WR's will be older. Besides Bama next year, we could run the table
Wow, 8843, that's a pretty gutsy call considering we'll be losing 3 of our starting OLinemen and we have a walk-on in our2 deep.

Bo Ryan's offense is officially dead and has been figured out by the B1G. The only way he can continue to coach it is if he significantly upgrades the players.-George2k5

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/19/2014 9:56 AM

Re: Braxton Miller 



Badger8843 wrote: We return all of our WR's, our QB, a stud RB in Clement. We are Wisconsin, replacing OL is usually something we do at a high rate. 
UnknownBadger wrote:
Badger8843 wrote: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/big-ten/2015-wisconsin-badgers-football-schedule.php

Correct, we dont play UM, MSU, OSU or PSU again. Also Stave will be a senior, Clement will be a year older and all of our WR's will be older. Besides Bama next year, we could run the table
Wow, 8843, that's a pretty gutsy call considering we'll be losing 3 of our starting OLinemen and we have a walk-on in our2 deep.
Usually, however, depth at OL was an issue last year and it isn't a whole lot better this. From an experience viewpoint perhaps worse. The OL unit is going to be very young next year.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/19/2014 11:20 AM

Re: Braxton Miller 



UnknownBadger wrote:
Badger8843 wrote: We return all of our WR's, our QB, a stud RB in Clement. We are Wisconsin, replacing OL is usually something we do at a high rate. 
UnknownBadger wrote:
Badger8843 wrote: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/big-ten/2015-wisconsin-badgers-football-schedule.php

Correct, we dont play UM, MSU, OSU or PSU again. Also Stave will be a senior, Clement will be a year older and all of our WR's will be older. Besides Bama next year, we could run the table
Wow, 8843, that's a pretty gutsy call considering we'll be losing 3 of our starting OLinemen and we have a walk-on in our2 deep.
Usually, however, depth at OL was an issue last year and it isn't a whole lot better this. From an experience viewpoint perhaps worse. The OL unit is going to be very young next year.
Nitpicky, but it wasn't. It most certainly could have been an issue last year - and we were lucky it wasn't. But depth wasn't an issue on the field. 7 guys started over the course of the season did we never had a guy out there who wasn't a B1G caliber player. 

Tough to judge whether it's better or worse this year - I think a good argument can be made either way. Certainly among starters coming into this year, we've got quite a bit more experience - more years in the program, more games played and a ton more games started compared to where we started the season last year. As far as backups, With Matthias gone, that did take a ton of experience off the bench. But let's not forget, we also had 3 guys on the 2 deep last year who had never played in a game (Biegel, Williams & Voltz). Biegel & Williams are presumably much more prepared to step in this year than last year. Ball is probably almost comparable to Matthias - in experience though not ability. And Deiter probably pretty comparable to Voltz last year. 

2015 - Absolutely, at this point, that looks like a concern. We want to give the young guys a chance at developing & get them some snaps this year - but don't want to have injuries to force it. Hopefully we can have a lot of games locked up early & get some extensive PT to the backups.

Engage the good posters, ignore the bad, report as inappropriate the problems. Message board rules. Thanks.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/19/2014 11:25 AM

Re: Braxton Miller 


In an effort to get the thread back on point:

Gil Brandt tweeted he has been told Miller is done.

We shall see.
"Nobody has defended (Ray) Rice. TGP and PH are trying to perpetuate a myth. They don't have a reading comprehension problem. They are simply idiots." - Kowitzc on 7/31/14 during a debate about domestic violence.

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >