Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

8-13-14 practice

Avatar

Posted: 8/13/2014 10:34 PM

8-13-14 practice 


Just a couple quick notes since there is a lot that Ben goes over- *Joel Stave went 2-for-4 on his passing drills, including a nice catch by Gordon in the flat that resulted in a first down after the junior executed a juke and a swim move to the inside. Tanner McEvoy went 0-for-3, including a drop, and was sacked twice working with the second-team offense. Pressure from Alec James forced one pass to be thrown out of bounds and a McEvoy stumble caused his timing to be off on a pass to Austin Ramesh.

In the afternoon Ben had this to say: The quarterback competition won’t officially be over until Wisconsin coach Gary Andersen trots out either Joel Stave or Tanner McEvoy for the first offensive series against LSU. In what was a dead heat heading into camp, Stave should be making Andersen and offensive coordinator Andy Ludwig’s decision that much easier. Glad that Stave is doing what I predicted he would do and that is win the starting QB job yet again. From what I have read and heard he is making all the throws he needs to make and looks comfortable doing it. I expect a nice and better year from Joel and the passing game.

Bo Ryan's offense is officially dead and has been figured out by the B1G. The only way he can continue to coach it is if he significantly upgrades the players.-George2k5

Last edited 8/13/2014 10:36 PM by Badger8843

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/13/2014 11:06 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 


I agree Stave will  be the guy and I hope this has a side affect of slowing down our offensive change from Ludwig. I am concerned we will be getting away from the power run game too much. I think with TM it may evolve into too much read option/spread. Maybe with Stave winning it again we will stay the course of Wisconsin Football.

A tweak of option or screen is fine.

I don't want to lose our identity. We were a little too much shotgun for my tastes last season.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/14/2014 7:45 AM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 


With Gordon and Clement, I don't think we will get away from Wisconsin football. We still have the best 1-2 combo maybe in the Nation, def the Big Ten

Bo Ryan's offense is officially dead and has been figured out by the B1G. The only way he can continue to coach it is if he significantly upgrades the players.-George2k5

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 8:32 AM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 


I agree and don't think it's a concern. Personally, I liked Ludwig's offense last year and it tried to strike a good balance. I only see the option as another weapon to use 5-8 times a game.


---------------------------------------------
--- Badger8843 wrote:

With Gordon and Clement, I don't think we will get away from Wisconsin football. We still have the best 1-2 combo maybe in the Nation, def the Big Ten

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 11:48 AM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 


Completely agree.
And I will add that I feel Ludwig stubbornly stuck with his plan even though it was clearly not working last year.
With Gordon & Clement there is no need to stray too much from our power run game.

GO BADGERS!!
ON WISCONSIN!!
crazyatthecamp wrote: I agree Stave will  be the guy and I hope this has a side affect of slowing down our offensive change from Ludwig. I am concerned we will be getting away from the power run game too much. I think with TM it may evolve into too much read option/spread. Maybe with Stave winning it again we will stay the course of Wisconsin Football. tweak of option or screen is fine.

I don't want to lose our identity. We were a little too much shotgun for my tastes last season.

 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 11:52 AM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 


Our RBs lead the nation in rushing last year...how much did our identity really change?


---------------------------------------------
--- MplsBadgerfan wrote:

Completely agree.
And I will add that I feel Ludwig stubbornly stuck with his plan even though it was clearly not working last year.
With Gordon & Clement there is no need to stray too much from our power run game.

GO BADGERS!!
ON WISCONSIN!!
crazyatthecamp wrote: I agree Stave will  be the guy and I hope this has a side affect of slowing down our offensive change from Ludwig. I am concerned we will be getting away from the power run game too much. I think with TM it may evolve into too much read option/spread. Maybe with Stave winning it again we will stay the course of Wisconsin Football. tweak of option or screen is fine.

I don't want to lose our identity. We were a little too much shotgun for my tastes last season.

 


---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 12:14 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 


Uws Tes will be open and often vs LSU as LSU has MAJOR weaknesses at DT and will need to cheat safeties vs a UW Ol that has a huge edge up front. I can see CC getting 25ish touches inside with some Watt on third and short to move chains.  Watt and Gordon will also be needed in the short passing game to create space so My picks to click are Watt. Arneson and JF. Grodon will get gang tackles and hit high as LSU is known for phsical safeties.

Qb MUST stay patient and I like UW's Punter in this game too, Very dry air when roof is closed.

 

Point?  If we can hit a few passes early, Stave looks to be the "safe pick". If we dont and UW relies on slow developing(SEE PSU in 2013 WHEN GROY REPLACED MARZ) routes to wr;s, a ton of hits on stave and, a potential qb issue imo

 

To be fair, Abby should have hd 2-3 easy td's vs PSU as he was just abusing his CB and JS just missed somE EASY throws.  lets hope he hits those as RARELY is the roof open in Houston so the temp? be alot like the UW indoor facility. Be very loud so hoepfully, UW is working on hand signals and short throws/TIming routes/FB WHEELS, ETC

Keep on eye not only on TE's but I can see JF getting some big third and moderate chain movers as like DT, LSu has some issues in pass D, even vs mediocre teams.

Given LSu O looks to be its worst in years, wwhatever qb gets baited ala jim treseel schemes, the other team will win not only the O battle but the very important FP battle.

 

Translation? We may need both qb's early HENCE WHY both are co first team right now

Last edited 8/14/2014 12:21 PM by buckyfever1

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 12:19 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 



MplsBadgerfan wrote: Completely agree.
And I will add that I feel Ludwig stubbornly stuck with his plan even though it was clearly not working last year.
With Gordon & Clement there is no need to stray too much from our power run game.

GO BADGERS!!
ON WISCONSIN!!
crazyatthecamp wrote: I agree Stave will  be the guy and I hope this has a side affect of slowing down our offensive change from Ludwig. I am concerned we will be getting away from the power run game too much. I think with TM it may evolve into too much read option/spread. Maybe with Stave winning it again we will stay the course of Wisconsin Football. tweak of option or screen is fine.

I don't want to lose our identity. We were a little too much shotgun for my tastes last season.

 
In 2011 under PC, UW averaged 44.1 ppg and 469.9 ypg. (235.6 rushing, 234.4 passing). UW ran the ball 65% of the time.

In 2013 under AL, UW averaged 34.8 ppg and 480.8 ypg (283.8 rushing, 197.1 passing). UW ran the ball 61.1% of the time.

Don't have # of shotgun formations but if someone does and they show UW had a significantly higher % in 2013 vs. 2011 feel free to provide.

But RW was in the shotgun often in 2011. Hell, PC wasn't afraid to use Tolzien in the gun and I remember being peppered with comments from fans who didn't like it then.
"Nobody has defended (Ray) Rice. TGP and PH are trying to perpetuate a myth. They don't have a reading comprehension problem. They are simply idiots." - Kowitzc on 7/31/14 during a debate about domestic violence.

Last edited 8/14/2014 12:23 PM by potrykus

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 12:22 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 


Hopefully McEvoy is back to safety by the time Big Ten season rolls around.  Need him on the field to make plays on defense.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 12:23 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 


and with a soph qb and one wr threat. AL was awesome given this(Compare this to stoccos Soph year? Night and day...................)

If we hold up at LT and injuries are light up front, UW will average close to 2013 imo. Dl depth sux but so does OL depth.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 12:28 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 



DocWrestling wrote: Hopefully McEvoy is back to safety by the time Big Ten season rolls around.  Need him on the field to make plays on defense.
Doubt the coaches will put their #2 QB at the safety position. Stave has been injured in the past, so McEvoy will probably be needed at QB sometime this season.

And please list all the "plays" McEvoy made at safety last season.  eek1
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 12:35 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 



DocWrestling wrote: Hopefully McEvoy is back to safety by the time Big Ten season rolls around.  Need him on the field to make plays on defense.

Do you play your number two quarterback on defense?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 12:45 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 



potrykus wrote:
MplsBadgerfan wrote: Completely agree.
And I will add that I feel Ludwig stubbornly stuck with his plan even though it was clearly not working last year.
With Gordon & Clement there is no need to stray too much from our power run game.

GO BADGERS!!
ON WISCONSIN!!
crazyatthecamp wrote: I agree Stave will  be the guy and I hope this has a side affect of slowing down our offensive change from Ludwig. I am concerned we will be getting away from the power run game too much. I think with TM it may evolve into too much read option/spread. Maybe with Stave winning it again we will stay the course of Wisconsin Football. tweak of option or screen is fine.

I don't want to lose our identity. We were a little too much shotgun for my tastes last season.

 
In 2011 under PC, UW averaged 44.1 ppg and 469.9 ypg. (235.6 rushing, 234.4 passing). UW ran the ball 65% of the time.

In 2013 under AL, UW averaged 34.8 ppg and 480.8 ypg (283.8 rushing, 197.1 passing). UW ran the ball 61.1% of the time.

Don't have # of shotgun formations but if someone does and they show UW had a significantly higher % in 2013 vs. 2011 feel free to provide.

But RW was in the shotgun often in 2011. Hell, PC wasn't afraid to use Tolzien in the gun and I remember being peppered with comments from fans who didn't like it then.
Something I've mentioned multiple times is our poor showing in the red zone these last two years. When we've gotten down there, we haven't scored TDs nearly as frequently as the Chryst offenses from 2009 to 2011 when we were always one of the top 4 in the country in red zone efficiency and we didn't settle for FGs. That needs to get better.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 12:46 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 



UnknownBadger wrote:
potrykus wrote:
MplsBadgerfan wrote: Completely agree.
And I will add that I feel Ludwig stubbornly stuck with his plan even though it was clearly not working last year.
With Gordon & Clement there is no need to stray too much from our power run game.

GO BADGERS!!
ON WISCONSIN!!
crazyatthecamp wrote: I agree Stave will  be the guy and I hope this has a side affect of slowing down our offensive change from Ludwig. I am concerned we will be getting away from the power run game too much. I think with TM it may evolve into too much read option/spread. Maybe with Stave winning it again we will stay the course of Wisconsin Football. tweak of option or screen is fine.

I don't want to lose our identity. We were a little too much shotgun for my tastes last season.

 
In 2011 under PC, UW averaged 44.1 ppg and 469.9 ypg. (235.6 rushing, 234.4 passing). UW ran the ball 65% of the time.

In 2013 under AL, UW averaged 34.8 ppg and 480.8 ypg (283.8 rushing, 197.1 passing). UW ran the ball 61.1% of the time.

Don't have # of shotgun formations but if someone does and they show UW had a significantly higher % in 2013 vs. 2011 feel free to provide.

But RW was in the shotgun often in 2011. Hell, PC wasn't afraid to use Tolzien in the gun and I remember being peppered with comments from fans who didn't like it then.
Something I've mentioned multiple times is our poor showing in the red zone these last two years. When we've gotten down there, we haven't scored TDs nearly as frequently as the Chryst offenses from 2009 to 2011 when we were always one of the top 4 in the country in red zone efficiency and we didn't settle for FGs. That needs to get better.
THAT is the biggest difference. But what changed after 2011? I think we all know the answer and I'm not talking about the guys calling the plays.
"Nobody has defended (Ray) Rice. TGP and PH are trying to perpetuate a myth. They don't have a reading comprehension problem. They are simply idiots." - Kowitzc on 7/31/14 during a debate about domestic violence.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/14/2014 12:46 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 



DocWrestling wrote: Hopefully McEvoy is back to safety by the time Big Ten season rolls around.  Need him on the field to make plays on defense.
I would be surprised if both Figaro and Hudson aren't upgrades over McEvoy at safety. He was not that impressive there.

Besides that, Stave has a propensity to get injured. I think it would be a bad idea not getting McEvoy significant playing time throughout the year. Even if there is a significant difference between JS and TM, we have plenty cupcakes, so it shouldn't matter. I don't like the idea of Stave going down at the end of the year and McEvoy coming in cold, only seeing the field on a limited number of drives throughout the year.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 12:49 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 



arrogantprick wrote:
DocWrestling wrote: Hopefully McEvoy is back to safety by the time Big Ten season rolls around.  Need him on the field to make plays on defense.
I would be surprised if both Figaro and Hudson aren't upgrades over McEvoy at safety. He was not that impressive there.

Besides that, Stave has a propensity to get injured. I think it would be a bad idea not getting McEvoy significant playing time throughout the year. Even if there is a significant difference between JS and TM, we have plenty cupcakes, so it shouldn't matter. I don't like the idea of Stave going down at the end of the year and McEvoy coming in cold, only seeing the field on a limited number of drives throughout the year.
It must be noted that the views of McEvoy's play at safety (his third position in two months on campus and his first time on D) on this board differ dramatically from those of some smart football people.

And before anyone asks, some of those folks don't have any allegiance to the current staff or McEvoy.
"Nobody has defended (Ray) Rice. TGP and PH are trying to perpetuate a myth. They don't have a reading comprehension problem. They are simply idiots." - Kowitzc on 7/31/14 during a debate about domestic violence.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 12:54 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 



potrykus wrote:
arrogantprick wrote:
DocWrestling wrote: Hopefully McEvoy is back to safety by the time Big Ten season rolls around.  Need him on the field to make plays on defense.
I would be surprised if both Figaro and Hudson aren't upgrades over McEvoy at safety. He was not that impressive there.

Besides that, Stave has a propensity to get injured. I think it would be a bad idea not getting McEvoy significant playing time throughout the year. Even if there is a significant difference between JS and TM, we have plenty cupcakes, so it shouldn't matter. I don't like the idea of Stave going down at the end of the year and McEvoy coming in cold, only seeing the field on a limited number of drives throughout the year.
It must be noted that the views of McEvoy's play at safety (his third position in two months on campus and his first time on D) on this board differ dramatically from those of some smart football people.

And before anyone asks, some of those folks don't have any allegiance to the current staff or McEvoy.
That's strange.  wink
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 1:11 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 



potrykus wrote:
arrogantprick wrote:
DocWrestling wrote: Hopefully McEvoy is back to safety by the time Big Ten season rolls around.  Need him on the field to make plays on defense.
I would be surprised if both Figaro and Hudson aren't upgrades over McEvoy at safety. He was not that impressive there.

Besides that, Stave has a propensity to get injured. I think it would be a bad idea not getting McEvoy significant playing time throughout the year. Even if there is a significant difference between JS and TM, we have plenty cupcakes, so it shouldn't matter. I don't like the idea of Stave going down at the end of the year and McEvoy coming in cold, only seeing the field on a limited number of drives throughout the year.
It must be noted that the views of McEvoy's play at safety (his third position in two months on campus and his first time on D) on this board differ dramatically from those of some smart football people.

And before anyone asks, some of those folks don't have any allegiance to the current staff or McEvoy.
I've never chimed in due to fear of being called an idiot, but I felt like McEvoy made a bunch of very athletic plays when he was back there.  It seemed like he got better with each game and didn't disappear as the game got bigger.   I think he would be great as a full time safety if that's what he wanted to do. 

From watching him back there last year I really felt that he was a competitor that needs to see the field in some fashion.  I'm concerned he will be "wasted" as a back-up qb.  I'm sure that the staff will find him opportunities though as the kid is a playmaker and this staff likes kids with upside.

Last edited 8/14/2014 1:11 PM by MGMbadger

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 1:12 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 



iabucky wrote:
DocWrestling wrote: Hopefully McEvoy is back to safety by the time Big Ten season rolls around.  Need him on the field to make plays on defense.

Do you play your number two quarterback on defense?
Another question to consider:

If he is your No. 2 QB, are you comfortable with him getting only a handful of plays per game when he might be able to help in another area, too?

If that is the scenario, they'll have to weigh risk vs. reward.
"Nobody has defended (Ray) Rice. TGP and PH are trying to perpetuate a myth. They don't have a reading comprehension problem. They are simply idiots." - Kowitzc on 7/31/14 during a debate about domestic violence.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 1:21 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 


Maybe what to do with TM would best be addressed by answering the following question: does the staff appear to be comfortable with the options they have at safety (Figaro, Musso, Hudson), or do they seem to be looking for more?
potrykus wrote:
iabucky wrote:
DocWrestling wrote: Hopefully McEvoy is back to safety by the time Big Ten season rolls around.  Need him on the field to make plays on defense.

Do you play your number two quarterback on defense?
Another question to consider:

If he is your No. 2 QB, are you comfortable with him getting only a handful of plays per game when he might be able to help in another area, too?

If that is the scenario, they'll have to weigh risk vs. reward.
 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 1:30 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 



potrykus wrote:
iabucky wrote:
DocWrestling wrote: Hopefully McEvoy is back to safety by the time Big Ten season rolls around.  Need him on the field to make plays on defense.

Do you play your number two quarterback on defense?
Another question to consider:

If he is your No. 2 QB, are you comfortable with him getting only a handful of plays per game when he might be able to help in another area, too?

If that is the scenario, they'll have to weigh risk vs. reward.
Extremely tough to practice on both sides of the ball when you aren't necessarily excellent at either. Practice time during the season is very short these days.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 1:33 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 



uwbadgers wrote: Maybe what to do with TM would best be addressed by answering the following question: does the staff appear to be comfortable with the options they have at safety (Figaro, Musso, Hudson), or do they seem to be looking for more?
potrykus wrote:
iabucky wrote:
DocWrestling wrote: Hopefully McEvoy is back to safety by the time Big Ten season rolls around.  Need him on the field to make plays on defense.

Do you play your number two quarterback on defense?
Another question to consider:

If he is your No. 2 QB, are you comfortable with him getting only a handful of plays per game when he might be able to help in another area, too?

If that is the scenario, they'll have to weigh risk vs. reward.
So far in camp they've looked at every safety listed on the roster (minus Trezy).

Aranda likes to use multiple S. You won't know ultimate answer until the games start.
"Nobody has defended (Ray) Rice. TGP and PH are trying to perpetuate a myth. They don't have a reading comprehension problem. They are simply idiots." - Kowitzc on 7/31/14 during a debate about domestic violence.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 1:34 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 



UnknownBadger wrote:
potrykus wrote:
iabucky wrote:
DocWrestling wrote: Hopefully McEvoy is back to safety by the time Big Ten season rolls around.  Need him on the field to make plays on defense.

Do you play your number two quarterback on defense?
Another question to consider:

If he is your No. 2 QB, are you comfortable with him getting only a handful of plays per game when he might be able to help in another area, too?

If that is the scenario, they'll have to weigh risk vs. reward.
Extremely tough to practice on both sides of the ball when you aren't necessarily excellent at either. Practice time during the season is very short these days.
If he turns out to be a "package" guy on offense he could handle a "package" on defense. Hell, he could be a red-zone threat as a receiver.
"Nobody has defended (Ray) Rice. TGP and PH are trying to perpetuate a myth. They don't have a reading comprehension problem. They are simply idiots." - Kowitzc on 7/31/14 during a debate about domestic violence.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 1:37 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 


Can he play ILB or DT? pirate
potrykus wrote:
UnknownBadger wrote:
potrykus wrote:
iabucky wrote:
DocWrestling wrote: Hopefully McEvoy is back to safety by the time Big Ten season rolls around.  Need him on the field to make plays on defense.

Do you play your number two quarterback on defense?
Another question to consider:

If he is your No. 2 QB, are you comfortable with him getting only a handful of plays per game when he might be able to help in another area, too?

If that is the scenario, they'll have to weigh risk vs. reward.
Extremely tough to practice on both sides of the ball when you aren't necessarily excellent at either. Practice time during the season is very short these days.
If he turns out to be a "package" guy on offense he could handle a "package" on defense. Hell, he could be a red-zone threat as a receiver.
 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 1:38 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 



potrykus wrote:
UnknownBadger wrote:
potrykus wrote:
iabucky wrote:
DocWrestling wrote: Hopefully McEvoy is back to safety by the time Big Ten season rolls around.  Need him on the field to make plays on defense.

Do you play your number two quarterback on defense?
Another question to consider:

If he is your No. 2 QB, are you comfortable with him getting only a handful of plays per game when he might be able to help in another area, too?

If that is the scenario, they'll have to weigh risk vs. reward.
Extremely tough to practice on both sides of the ball when you aren't necessarily excellent at either. Practice time during the season is very short these days.
If he turns out to be a "package" guy on offense he could handle a "package" on defense. Hell, he could be a red-zone threat as a receiver.
I think that could be a very real possibility and defensively in Hail Mary situations possibly but I just don't think you're going to see him get a lot of PT on D IF he's is in the 2 deep at QB. He needs the snaps.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 1:40 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 



potrykus wrote:
UnknownBadger wrote:
potrykus wrote:
MplsBadgerfan wrote: Completely agree.
And I will add that I feel Ludwig stubbornly stuck with his plan even though it was clearly not working last year.
With Gordon & Clement there is no need to stray too much from our power run game.

GO BADGERS!!
ON WISCONSIN!!
crazyatthecamp wrote: I agree Stave will  be the guy and I hope this has a side affect of slowing down our offensive change from Ludwig. I am concerned we will be getting away from the power run game too much. I think with TM it may evolve into too much read option/spread. Maybe with Stave winning it again we will stay the course of Wisconsin Football. tweak of option or screen is fine.

I don't want to lose our identity. We were a little too much shotgun for my tastes last season.

 
In 2011 under PC, UW averaged 44.1 ppg and 469.9 ypg. (235.6 rushing, 234.4 passing). UW ran the ball 65% of the time.

In 2013 under AL, UW averaged 34.8 ppg and 480.8 ypg (283.8 rushing, 197.1 passing). UW ran the ball 61.1% of the time.

Don't have # of shotgun formations but if someone does and they show UW had a significantly higher % in 2013 vs. 2011 feel free to provide.

But RW was in the shotgun often in 2011. Hell, PC wasn't afraid to use Tolzien in the gun and I remember being peppered with comments from fans who didn't like it then.
Something I've mentioned multiple times is our poor showing in the red zone these last two years. When we've gotten down there, we haven't scored TDs nearly as frequently as the Chryst offenses from 2009 to 2011 when we were always one of the top 4 in the country in red zone efficiency and we didn't settle for FGs. That needs to get better.
THAT is the biggest difference. But what changed after 2011? I think we all know the answer and I'm not talking about the guys calling the plays.
I do, but I'm not sure all of us do. wink
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 5:07 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 



UnknownBadger wrote:
potrykus wrote:
THAT is the biggest difference. But what changed after 2011? I think we all know the answer and I'm not talking about the guys calling the plays.
I do, but I'm not sure all of us do. wink
Why not?  After most of our OL got drafted (including the 6th man), it would be logical to expect to drop in RZ production.  It's nothing more than a basic regression towards the mean.

I like using McEvoy as WR as well if he doesn't start at QB, instead of moving him back to safety.  It will keep him engaged on offense as well as give defensive coordinators heartburn when he steps onto the field.  At his height, I think he'll be a useful weapon in RZ situations.


Again let me remind you Jeet Kune Do is just a name used, a boat to get one across, and once across it is to be discarded and not to be carried on one's back - Bruce Lee.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 6:26 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 


We didn't have any trouble running the ball either year, RX, nor did they have trouble protecting the QB.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 6:42 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 


PSU pass rush compltely owned UWs Ol, please.


bored1When asked to win via a comeback, UW failed three times, hence the overrating of the pass blocking given they did not need to win via the air late most weeks. Why again was groy rotated to LT a few times? OSu, PSu etc

Wowrolleyes

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 6:46 PM

Re: 8-13-14 practice 



buckyfever1 wrote:

PSU pass rush compltely owned UWs Ol, please.


bored1When asked to win via a comeback, UW failed three times, hence the overrating of the pass blocking given they did not need to win via the air late most weeks. Why again was groy rotated to LT a few times? OSu, PSu etc

Wowrolleyes

Perhaps if Stave moved around a little better..........

PSU and OSU were not the only teams we played those 2 years.

Last edited 8/14/2014 6:51 PM by UnknownBadger

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >