Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 5  Next >

10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin

Posted: 8/4/2014 1:46 PM

10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 


1. Leonard Fournette - The #1 recruit in the country will be unleashed against the Badgers. He has already been compared to Michael Jordan, Adrian Peterson, Herschel Walker and Bo Jackson. Can't Wait

2. O-Line - LSU returns 4 of 5 starters on the O-line including a projected first round draft pick in Collins. The holes will be wide open.

3. Neutral Site Games - LSU is 3-0 in regular season opening neutral site games with an average margin of victory of 10 against an average opponent rank of 14.

4. Lockdown Corners - LSU has one of the best corner tandems in the country with White and Robinson. Both are sophomores and will make major strides in year 2.

5. John Chavis - One of the best defensive minds in the country has plenty of time to prepare against a simple attack. This means trouble for the Badgers.

6. Wisconsin Front 7 - The lack of returning starters is scary against a 3 headed monster attack at RB. 

7. LSU LB Depth - Wisky has a nice RB, but he will face fresh and speedy linebackers all game. LSU will most likely play - Alexander, Jones, Feist, Welter, Beckwith, and Garrett. They will be fresh.

8. Cam Cameron - Cameron has some young faces to break in, but he is a great teacher and will have a great scheme ready. There isn't any tape to watch for what Wisconsin will see.

9. "Home Field Advantage" - LSU will dominate the crowd in Houston. The 4 hr drive is nothing for us, and we have a big alumni base there. We don't travel, we take over. I see you guys aren't even bringing your band. 

10. Danielle Hunter - Remember the name. He is a speedy defensive end, who has measured faster than Odell Beckham this offseason. Stave will have nightmares of Hunter. 
Reply | Quote
  • ships12
  • Walk-On
  • 75 posts this site

Posted: 8/4/2014 1:54 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 


Those all sound reasonable to me.  My guess is that the Badgers will show up for and play the game anyway.  We will see.
Reply | Quote
  • mbadger
  • Freshman
  • 1959 posts this site

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:00 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 



ships12 wrote: Those all sound reasonable to me.  My guess is that the Badgers will show up for and play the game anyway.  We will see.
those are reasonable and i think we should forfeit.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:07 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 


Badger fans can play the game where we are optimistic about all position projections as well...doing that always makes a team sound National Championship bound...odds are that everything you predicted doesn't pan out the way you predicted or you'd be the greatest football commentator of all time.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:09 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 


Welp only thing that caught my eye is "Stave will have nightmares of Hunter"
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:23 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 


With respect to Fournette, I'm sure he'll be a good back. But, what I see on his HS video is a guy who's probably already at his ideal playing weight, and who looks more physically developed than those he's playing against.

Adrian Peterson in high school was skinnier, and faster than Fournette. As was, by the way, Melvin Gordon. Both Peterson and Gordon's football playing speed jumped out at you on tape. Fournette outruns guys, but he doesn't have the acceleration of Peterson or Gordon.

So, I expect that Fournette may be topped out physically. Or, if he gets any bigger, he might actually start losing some agility and speed.

In any case, it's kind of ridiculous to compare him at this point to AP or Bo Jackson.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:24 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 


Which explains why LSU is scared to play a home and home series vs the Badgers?
bayoulsucajun wrote:

9. "Home Field Advantage" - LSU will dominate the crowd in Houston. The 4 hr drive is nothing for us, and we have a big alumni base there. We don't travel, we take over. I see you guys aren't even bringing your band. 


Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:25 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 



George2k5 wrote: With respect to Fournette, I'm sure he'll be a good back. But, what I see on his HS video is a guy who's probably already at his ideal playing weight, and who looks more physically developed than those he's playing against.

Adrian Peterson in high school was skinnier, and faster than Fournette. As was, by the way, Melvin Gordon. Both Peterson and Gordon's football playing speed jumped out at you on tape. Fournette outruns guys, but he doesn't have the acceleration of Peterson or Gordon.

So, I expect that Fournette may be topped out physically. Or, if he gets any bigger, he might actually start losing some agility and speed.

In any case, it's kind of ridiculous to compare him at this point to AP or Bo Jackson.
Melvin Gordon is a very nice running back, but to compare him in high school to the greatest high school running back in the past 10 years is a major insult to Fournette.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:27 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 



George2k5 wrote: Which explains why LSU is scared to play a home and home series vs the Badgers?
bayoulsucajun wrote:

9. "Home Field Advantage" - LSU will dominate the crowd in Houston. The 4 hr drive is nothing for us, and we have a big alumni base there. We don't travel, we take over. I see you guys aren't even bringing your band. 


Not scared. A home and home is not discussed. We are playing in Lambeau where you guys will have more people. 

LSU was looking for a neutral site game in Houston. Wisconsin said we will play there if you guys will play in Lambeau. LSU agreed. A home and home wasn't part of the negotiations. 

LSU schedules some of the best teams in the country, consistently. To say we scared of anyone or playing anywhere is absurd. Show some respect.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:28 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 


Whaaa???!!! You think your team is better? Nooo!!! You have some good players? Huh? But of course your frosh rb who has never played a down is better than our heisman candidate? Let's see if he can handle camp first.

Men make their own history, but they do not make it as they please; they do not make it under self-selected circumstances, but under circumstances existing already, given and transmitted from the past. Marx

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:35 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 


Wisconsin will win 55-7. Fourtnette will have 15 rushes for -27 yards, 4 fumbles and during the postgame press conference he will announce his retirement and intention to join the Hare Krishnas.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:37 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 


Uh huh.  Right.


bayoulsucajun wrote:
George2k5 wrote: Which explains why LSU is scared to play a home and home series vs the Badgers?
bayoulsucajun wrote:

9. "Home Field Advantage" - LSU will dominate the crowd in Houston. The 4 hr drive is nothing for us, and we have a big alumni base there. We don't travel, we take over. I see you guys aren't even bringing your band. 


Not scared. A home and home is not discussed. We are playing in Lambeau where you guys will have more people. 

LSU was looking for a neutral site game in Houston. Wisconsin said we will play there if you guys will play in Lambeau. LSU agreed. A home and home wasn't part of the negotiations. 

LSU schedules some of the best teams in the country, consistently. To say we scared of anyone or playing anywhere is absurd. Show some respect.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:45 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 



George2k5 wrote: Uh huh.  Right.


bayoulsucajun wrote:
George2k5 wrote: Which explains why LSU is scared to play a home and home series vs the Badgers?
bayoulsucajun wrote:

9. "Home Field Advantage" - LSU will dominate the crowd in Houston. The 4 hr drive is nothing for us, and we have a big alumni base there. We don't travel, we take over. I see you guys aren't even bringing your band. 


Not scared. A home and home is not discussed. We are playing in Lambeau where you guys will have more people. 

LSU was looking for a neutral site game in Houston. Wisconsin said we will play there if you guys will play in Lambeau. LSU agreed. A home and home wasn't part of the negotiations. 

LSU schedules some of the best teams in the country, consistently. To say we scared of anyone or playing anywhere is absurd. Show some respect.
Verge Ausberry, LSU's Assistant AD in charge of scheduling, refuted those comments from Alvarez.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:45 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 


The last true road game LSU played outside the SEC against anyone of consequence was at Washington, in 2009. And, even in that case, Washington only won 5 games that season.

Since LSU is REQUIRED to play true road games in the SEC, I'd say that demonstrates fear on the part of LSU in scheduling tough on-conference true road games.

Wisconsin, on the other hand has played RANKED teams like Washington State, Arizona State (at night), Fresno State (at night), etc. And, it's not as if Wisconsin was playing a tough non-conference schedule. It was being criticized for being cupcake city at times. But, even Wisconsin played true road games vs good teams.

And, according to our Athletic Director, we were willing to go play down in Baton Rouge.
renobadger wrote: Whaaa???!!! You think your team is better? Nooo!!! You have some good players? Huh? But of course your frosh rb who has never played a down is better than our heisman candidate? Let's see if he can handle camp first.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:48 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 


I think the records I posted in my last comment speaks for itself, and demonstrates that Bary Alvarez is probably the one telling the truth here.

LSU hasn't scheduled a tough true road non-conference game in 5 years. Wisconsin has. Ergo, the odds are that LSU is lying about this one.
bayoulsucajun wrote:
George2k5 wrote: Uh huh.  Right.


bayoulsucajun wrote:
George2k5 wrote: Which explains why LSU is scared to play a home and home series vs the Badgers?
bayoulsucajun wrote:

9. "Home Field Advantage" - LSU will dominate the crowd in Houston. The 4 hr drive is nothing for us, and we have a big alumni base there. We don't travel, we take over. I see you guys aren't even bringing your band. 


Not scared. A home and home is not discussed. We are playing in Lambeau where you guys will have more people. 

LSU was looking for a neutral site game in Houston. Wisconsin said we will play there if you guys will play in Lambeau. LSU agreed. A home and home wasn't part of the negotiations. 

LSU schedules some of the best teams in the country, consistently. To say we scared of anyone or playing anywhere is absurd. Show some respect.
Verge Ausberry, LSU's Assistant AD in charge of scheduling, refuted those comments from Alvarez.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:50 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 


Well, to compare an incoming Freshman to the leading Heisman trophy candidate at RB, and a guy who rushed for 1600 yards, and 7.8 yards per carry, last season seems kind of dumb. But, that's just me.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Corey Clement is better than Fournette too.
bayoulsucajun wrote:
George2k5 wrote: With respect to Fournette, I'm sure he'll be a good back. But, what I see on his HS video is a guy who's probably already at his ideal playing weight, and who looks more physically developed than those he's playing against.

Adrian Peterson in high school was skinnier, and faster than Fournette. As was, by the way, Melvin Gordon. Both Peterson and Gordon's football playing speed jumped out at you on tape. Fournette outruns guys, but he doesn't have the acceleration of Peterson or Gordon.

So, I expect that Fournette may be topped out physically. Or, if he gets any bigger, he might actually start losing some agility and speed.

In any case, it's kind of ridiculous to compare him at this point to AP or Bo Jackson.
Melvin Gordon is a very nice running back, but to compare him in high school to the greatest high school running back in the past 10 years is a major insult to Fournette.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 3:12 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 


Hell. We've got a DE that can outrun your swaddling tailback and he's only second string!

Men make their own history, but they do not make it as they please; they do not make it under self-selected circumstances, but under circumstances existing already, given and transmitted from the past. Marx

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 3:15 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 



bayoulsucajun wrote: 1. Leonard Fournette - The #1 recruit in the country will be unleashed against the Badgers. He has already been compared to Michael Jordan, Adrian Peterson, Herschel Walker and Bo Jackson. Can't Wait
Michael B Jordan, the actor, or Michael Jordan, the basketball player? Because comparing him to the latter is just asinine.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 3:20 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 



George2k5 wrote: The last true road game LSU played outside the SEC against anyone of consequence was at Washington, in 2009. And, even in that case, Washington only won 5 games that season.

Since LSU is REQUIRED to play true road games in the SEC, I'd say that demonstrates fear on the part of LSU in scheduling tough on-conference true road games.

Wisconsin, on the other hand has played RANKED teams like Washington State, Arizona State (at night), Fresno State (at night), etc. And, it's not as if Wisconsin was playing a tough non-conference schedule. It was being criticized for being cupcake city at times. But, even Wisconsin played true road games vs good teams.

And, according to our Athletic Director, we were willing to go play down in Baton Rouge.
renobadger wrote: Whaaa???!!! You think your team is better? Nooo!!! You have some good players? Huh? But of course your frosh rb who has never played a down is better than our heisman candidate? Let's see if he can handle camp first.
Wrong. we played at West Virginia in 2011. The same West Virginia team that won a bcs bowl over Clemson by about 70 points. 

Last year, we played TCU in a "neutral site" game in Dallas.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 3:20 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 


Let's give Fournette some credit, he's probably a better running back than MJ.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 3:22 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 



George2k5 wrote: Well, to compare an incoming Freshman to the leading Heisman trophy candidate at RB, and a guy who rushed for 1600 yards, and 7.8 yards per carry, last season seems kind of dumb. But, that's just me.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Corey Clement is better than Fournette too.
bayoulsucajun wrote:
George2k5 wrote: With respect to Fournette, I'm sure he'll be a good back. But, what I see on his HS video is a guy who's probably already at his ideal playing weight, and who looks more physically developed than those he's playing against.

Adrian Peterson in high school was skinnier, and faster than Fournette. As was, by the way, Melvin Gordon. Both Peterson and Gordon's football playing speed jumped out at you on tape. Fournette outruns guys, but he doesn't have the acceleration of Peterson or Gordon.

So, I expect that Fournette may be topped out physically. Or, if he gets any bigger, he might actually start losing some agility and speed.

In any case, it's kind of ridiculous to compare him at this point to AP or Bo Jackson.
Melvin Gordon is a very nice running back, but to compare him in high school to the greatest high school running back in the past 10 years is a major insult to Fournette.
I thought Wisconsin grads are supposed to be intelligent. Do they teach reading comprehension up there? I guess you missed the part where I said "to compare him in high school." 

Also, Todd Gurley is a better running back and has a better chance to win the heisman than Melvin Gordon.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 3:33 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 


He can't do much outrunning if he's on the bench, now can he.
renobadger wrote: Hell. We've got a DE that can outrun your swaddling tailback and he's only second string!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 3:36 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 


If you had said it was unfair to compare Gordon to Adrian Peterson, I might have agreed with you. In highschool, anyway. But, to Fournette?

Ummm...Melvin Gordon has a track record major NCAA Division I football. He would have been the 1st running back taken in the most recent NFL draft.

Fournette hasn't done **** yet.
bayoulsucajun wrote:
George2k5 wrote: Well, to compare an incoming Freshman to the leading Heisman trophy candidate at RB, and a guy who rushed for 1600 yards, and 7.8 yards per carry, last season seems kind of dumb. But, that's just me.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Corey Clement is better than Fournette too.
bayoulsucajun wrote:
George2k5 wrote: With respect to Fournette, I'm sure he'll be a good back. But, what I see on his HS video is a guy who's probably already at his ideal playing weight, and who looks more physically developed than those he's playing against.

Adrian Peterson in high school was skinnier, and faster than Fournette. As was, by the way, Melvin Gordon. Both Peterson and Gordon's football playing speed jumped out at you on tape. Fournette outruns guys, but he doesn't have the acceleration of Peterson or Gordon.

So, I expect that Fournette may be topped out physically. Or, if he gets any bigger, he might actually start losing some agility and speed.

In any case, it's kind of ridiculous to compare him at this point to AP or Bo Jackson.
Melvin Gordon is a very nice running back, but to compare him in high school to the greatest high school running back in the past 10 years is a major insult to Fournette.
I thought Wisconsin grads are supposed to be intelligent. Do they teach reading comprehension up there? I guess you missed the part where I said "to compare him in high school." 

Also, Todd Gurley is a better running back and has a better chance to win the heisman than Melvin Gordon.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 3:36 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 


biggrin
panama74 wrote: Let's give Fournette some credit, he's probably a better running back than MJ.
Reply | Quote
  • uwrjl
  • Sophomore
  • 2402 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 3:38 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 


For somebody who acts like a know it all you may want to check the seating capacity of Camp Randall in comparison to Lambeau Field.  
bayoulsucajun wrote:
George2k5 wrote: Which explains why LSU is scared to play a home and home series vs the Badgers?
bayoulsucajun wrote:

9. "Home Field Advantage" - LSU will dominate the crowd in Houston. The 4 hr drive is nothing for us, and we have a big alumni base there. We don't travel, we take over. I see you guys aren't even bringing your band. 


Not scared. A home and home is not discussed. We are playing in Lambeau where you guys will have more people. 

LSU was looking for a neutral site game in Houston. Wisconsin said we will play there if you guys will play in Lambeau. LSU agreed. A home and home wasn't part of the negotiations. 

LSU schedules some of the best teams in the country, consistently. To say we scared of anyone or playing anywhere is absurd. Show some respect.

Thank you Wayne Cook !

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 3:40 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 



bayoulsucajun wrote:
George2k5 wrote: Well, to compare an incoming Freshman to the leading Heisman trophy candidate at RB, and a guy who rushed for 1600 yards, and 7.8 yards per carry, last season seems kind of dumb. But, that's just me.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Corey Clement is better than Fournette too.
bayoulsucajun wrote:
George2k5 wrote: With respect to Fournette, I'm sure he'll be a good back. But, what I see on his HS video is a guy who's probably already at his ideal playing weight, and who looks more physically developed than those he's playing against.

Adrian Peterson in high school was skinnier, and faster than Fournette. As was, by the way, Melvin Gordon. Both Peterson and Gordon's football playing speed jumped out at you on tape. Fournette outruns guys, but he doesn't have the acceleration of Peterson or Gordon.

So, I expect that Fournette may be topped out physically. Or, if he gets any bigger, he might actually start losing some agility and speed.

In any case, it's kind of ridiculous to compare him at this point to AP or Bo Jackson.
Melvin Gordon is a very nice running back, but to compare him in high school to the greatest high school running back in the past 10 years is a major insult to Fournette.
I thought Wisconsin grads are supposed to be intelligent. Do they teach reading comprehension up there? I guess you missed the part where I said "to compare him in high school." 

Also, Todd Gurley is a better running back and has a better chance to win the heisman than Melvin Gordon.
Hardly.

Against a common opponent (SC) Gurley's stats weren't as impressive as Gordon's. Nor was his season. So to make that comparison, you'd have to be a SEC homer or just another troll from there. Just saying.

Last edited 8/4/2014 3:54 PM by UnknownBadger

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 3:53 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 



George2k5 wrote: If you had said it was unfair to compare Gordon to Adrian Peterson, I might have agreed with you. In highschool, anyway. But, to Fournette?

Ummm...Melvin Gordon has a track record major NCAA Division I football. He would have been the 1st running back taken in the most recent NFL draft.

Fournette hasn't done **** yet.
bayoulsucajun wrote:
George2k5 wrote: Well, to compare an incoming Freshman to the leading Heisman trophy candidate at RB, and a guy who rushed for 1600 yards, and 7.8 yards per carry, last season seems kind of dumb. But, that's just me.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Corey Clement is better than Fournette too.
bayoulsucajun wrote:
George2k5 wrote: With respect to Fournette, I'm sure he'll be a good back. But, what I see on his HS video is a guy who's probably already at his ideal playing weight, and who looks more physically developed than those he's playing against.

Adrian Peterson in high school was skinnier, and faster than Fournette. As was, by the way, Melvin Gordon. Both Peterson and Gordon's football playing speed jumped out at you on tape. Fournette outruns guys, but he doesn't have the acceleration of Peterson or Gordon.

So, I expect that Fournette may be topped out physically. Or, if he gets any bigger, he might actually start losing some agility and speed.

In any case, it's kind of ridiculous to compare him at this point to AP or Bo Jackson.
Melvin Gordon is a very nice running back, but to compare him in high school to the greatest high school running back in the past 10 years is a major insult to Fournette.
I thought Wisconsin grads are supposed to be intelligent. Do they teach reading comprehension up there? I guess you missed the part where I said "to compare him in high school." 

Also, Todd Gurley is a better running back and has a better chance to win the heisman than Melvin Gordon.
Why do you type above the quote instead of below? 

Some reports said that Fournette would have been drafted fairly high directly out of high school which is incredible. 

Also, when are you going to acknowledge that you were incorrect regarding LSU scheduling away opponents?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 3:54 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 


There are only 10?rolleyes

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Pascal
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 3:56 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 



UnknownBadger wrote:
bayoulsucajun wrote:
George2k5 wrote: Well, to compare an incoming Freshman to the leading Heisman trophy candidate at RB, and a guy who rushed for 1600 yards, and 7.8 yards per carry, last season seems kind of dumb. But, that's just me.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Corey Clement is better than Fournette too.
bayoulsucajun wrote:
George2k5 wrote: With respect to Fournette, I'm sure he'll be a good back. But, what I see on his HS video is a guy who's probably already at his ideal playing weight, and who looks more physically developed than those he's playing against.

Adrian Peterson in high school was skinnier, and faster than Fournette. As was, by the way, Melvin Gordon. Both Peterson and Gordon's football playing speed jumped out at you on tape. Fournette outruns guys, but he doesn't have the acceleration of Peterson or Gordon.

So, I expect that Fournette may be topped out physically. Or, if he gets any bigger, he might actually start losing some agility and speed.

In any case, it's kind of ridiculous to compare him at this point to AP or Bo Jackson.
Melvin Gordon is a very nice running back, but to compare him in high school to the greatest high school running back in the past 10 years is a major insult to Fournette.
I thought Wisconsin grads are supposed to be intelligent. Do they teach reading comprehension up there? I guess you missed the part where I said "to compare him in high school." 

Also, Todd Gurley is a better running back and has a better chance to win the heisman than Melvin Gordon.
Hardly.

Against a common opponent (SC) Gurley's stats weren't as impressive as Gordon's. Nor was his season. So to make that comparison, you'd have to be a SEC homer or just another troll from there. Just saying.
Well he did score 2 td's in that game against SC compared to Gordon's 0. 

Gurley was hurt last season and missed a few games, then played at much less than 100%. When fully healthy, Gurley > Gordon.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 4:04 PM

Re: 10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Wisconsin 



bayoulsucajun wrote:
UnknownBadger wrote:
bayoulsucajun wrote:
George2k5 wrote: Well, to compare an incoming Freshman to the leading Heisman trophy candidate at RB, and a guy who rushed for 1600 yards, and 7.8 yards per carry, last season seems kind of dumb. But, that's just me.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Corey Clement is better than Fournette too.
bayoulsucajun wrote:
George2k5 wrote: With respect to Fournette, I'm sure he'll be a good back. But, what I see on his HS video is a guy who's probably already at his ideal playing weight, and who looks more physically developed than those he's playing against.

Adrian Peterson in high school was skinnier, and faster than Fournette. As was, by the way, Melvin Gordon. Both Peterson and Gordon's football playing speed jumped out at you on tape. Fournette outruns guys, but he doesn't have the acceleration of Peterson or Gordon.

So, I expect that Fournette may be topped out physically. Or, if he gets any bigger, he might actually start losing some agility and speed.

In any case, it's kind of ridiculous to compare him at this point to AP or Bo Jackson.
Melvin Gordon is a very nice running back, but to compare him in high school to the greatest high school running back in the past 10 years is a major insult to Fournette.
I thought Wisconsin grads are supposed to be intelligent. Do they teach reading comprehension up there? I guess you missed the part where I said "to compare him in high school." 

Also, Todd Gurley is a better running back and has a better chance to win the heisman than Melvin Gordon.
Hardly.

Against a common opponent (SC) Gurley's stats weren't as impressive as Gordon's. Nor was his season. So to make that comparison, you'd have to be a SEC homer or just another troll from there. Just saying.
Well he did score 2 td's in that game against SC compared to Gordon's 0. 

Gurley was hurt last season and missed a few games, then played at much less than 100%. When fully healthy, Gurley > Gordon.

What does Todd Gurley have to do with the Wisconsin-LSU game?  Fact is Gordon has over 2300 yards rushing in college and Fournette has a big fat ZERO.  Fournette may be a nice back given some time but he's got nothing on Gordon right now.


Again let me remind you Jeet Kune Do is just a name used, a boat to get one across, and once across it is to be discarded and not to be carried on one's back - Bruce Lee.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 5  Next >