Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Per Potrykus, LB spot...

Posted: 8/1/2014 7:07 PM

Per Potrykus, LB spot... 


Top 3 ILBs: Landisch and the Trotters
Jacobs back to OLB, behind Schobert.

Hmm...
 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/1/2014 7:40 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 





---------------------------------------------
--- uwbadgers wrote:

Top 3 ILBs: Landisch and the Trotters
Jacobs back to OLB, behind Schobert.

Hmm...

---------------------------------------------

I'll bite, what's with the hmmm, that Jacobs might not be as good as we'd hoped? He sounds like a better fit for what they're looking for at OLB anyway.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/1/2014 7:45 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 



weballin wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- uwbadgers wrote:

Top 3 ILBs: Landisch and the Trotters
Jacobs back to OLB, behind Schobert.

Hmm...

---------------------------------------------

I'll bite, what's with the hmmm, that Jacobs might not be as good as we'd hoped? He sounds like a better fit for what they're looking for at OLB anyway.
According to the DC, there is a substantial drop-off after Schobert.
"Nobody has defended (Ray) Rice. TGP and PH are trying to perpetuate a myth. They don't have a reading comprehension problem. They are simply idiots." - Kowitzc on 7/31/14 during a debate about domestic violence.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/1/2014 7:59 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 


I am pleased with how well Schobert has developed.  It seems wherever they put him on the field (WR/DB/LB) he quickly picks up the position and becomes an effective playmaker.  He was mainly a RB/DB at Waukesha West.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/1/2014 8:41 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 



Disappointing

---------------------------------------------
--- potrykus wrote:


weballin wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- uwbadgers wrote:

Top 3 ILBs: Landisch and the Trotters
Jacobs back to OLB, behind Schobert.

Hmm...

---------------------------------------------

I'll bite, what's with the hmmm, that Jacobs might not be as good as we'd hoped? He sounds like a better fit for what they're looking for at OLB anyway.
According to the DC, there is a substantial drop-off after Schobert.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/1/2014 9:07 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 


I guess it was a fairly limited sample, but Jacobs sure looked like he belonged last year. Schobert is a stud though, no doubt.
 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/1/2014 9:23 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 


Jeff... I have not read much about James Adeyanju since he was named scout team player of the year in 2011.  He seemed to be a nice athlete from good football bloodlines and I was excited about his potential.   He is not mentioned in your or Mulhern's d-line previews.  Is he any closer to contributing this year?
potrykus wrote:
weballin wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- uwbadgers wrote:

Top 3 ILBs: Landisch and the Trotters
Jacobs back to OLB, behind Schobert.

Hmm...

---------------------------------------------

I'll bite, what's with the hmmm, that Jacobs might not be as good as we'd hoped? He sounds like a better fit for what they're looking for at OLB anyway.
According to the DC, there is a substantial drop-off after Schobert.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/1/2014 9:46 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 



NewerBreed wrote: Jeff... I have not read much about James Adeyanju since he was named scout team player of the year in 2011.  He seemed to be a nice athlete from good football bloodlines and I was excited about his potential.   He is not mentioned in your or Mulhern's d-line previews.  Is he any closer to contributing this year?
potrykus wrote:
weballin wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- uwbadgers wrote:

Top 3 ILBs: Landisch and the Trotters
Jacobs back to OLB, behind Schobert.

Hmm...

---------------------------------------------

I'll bite, what's with the hmmm, that Jacobs might not be as good as we'd hoped? He sounds like a better fit for what they're looking for at OLB anyway.
According to the DC, there is a substantial drop-off after Schobert.
General rule: when a kid goes unmentioned by coaches it isn't a good sign. From the times I've seen him in practices he just hasn't flashed...team drills, individuals...

Looks at this point that he has been passed on depth. Not in top two at the end spots. Didn't get to speak to the DL coach today and only had limited time with the DC.
"Nobody has defended (Ray) Rice. TGP and PH are trying to perpetuate a myth. They don't have a reading comprehension problem. They are simply idiots." - Kowitzc on 7/31/14 during a debate about domestic violence.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/1/2014 9:48 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 


Is this quote including with Jacobs behind Schobert or the reason Jacobs was moved back.
Jacobs still has time to develop but I agree this is disappointing.  I, like others was really hyping Jacobs to be something special and was hoping he would start inside instead of Trotter.  Nothing against Trotter but he really lacks speed playing in space.  I do see Jacobs as more of a outside LB, pass rush kind of player, use his speed and athletic ability in space.  Inside is better for guys with football instincts who can deal with guys coming at them from every angle, something a guy like Jacobs who was pretty raw coming in may have struggled with.  
potrykus wrote:
weballin wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- uwbadgers wrote:

Top 3 ILBs: Landisch and the Trotters
Jacobs back to OLB, behind Schobert.

Hmm...

---------------------------------------------

I'll bite, what's with the hmmm, that Jacobs might not be as good as we'd hoped? He sounds like a better fit for what they're looking for at OLB anyway.
According to the DC, there is a substantial drop-off after Schobert.

Last edited 8/1/2014 9:49 PM by MDRBadger

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/1/2014 10:33 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 


Derek Landisch mentioned D'cota Dixon as "impressive on the inside."  So it sounds like he will be working with the LBs. He mentioned Chasen Andersen and Justin Schweitzer as ILBs that are coming along.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/1/2014 10:40 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 



NewerBreed wrote: Derek Landisch mentioned D'cota Dixon as "impressive on the inside."  So it sounds like he will be working with the LBs. He mentioned Chasen Andersen and Justin Schweitzer as ILBs that are coming along.
Aranda talked about Dixon possibly being in certain packages. Didn't sound like a full-time gig.
"Nobody has defended (Ray) Rice. TGP and PH are trying to perpetuate a myth. They don't have a reading comprehension problem. They are simply idiots." - Kowitzc on 7/31/14 during a debate about domestic violence.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/1/2014 10:42 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 


Thanks for your input/insights Jeff!
Reply | Quote
  • tndman9
  • Walk-On
  • 98 posts this site

Posted: 8/1/2014 11:32 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 


Jacobs played back-up ILB in the spring, so the drop off behind Schobert comment must relate to the reason Jacobs was moved back to OLB. Just a hunch....
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/2/2014 8:32 AM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 


UW LBs (Starting 4 LBs from Wisconsin, 2 of the starters Walk-ons)

Biegel (6' 4", 244, RS SO)  Landisch (6' 0", 230, SR)  Mar. Trotter (6' 0", 226, RS SR) Schobert (6' 2", 240, JR) 
Hayes (6' 3", 229, RS JR)  Mic. Trotter (6' 0", 220, RS SR)  Cichy (6' 2", 220, SO) Jacobs (6' 2", 230, SO) 
Cadogan (6' 3", 232, RS SR) Miller (6' 3", 230, RS FR) Andersen (5' 11", 221, FR) Edwards (6' 1", 229, FR) 
Harrison (6' 0", 223, RS SR) Austin (6' 3", 218, FR) Ruechel (6' 2", 224, RS SR) Schweitzer (6' 1", 208, FR) 
Connelly (6' 3", 225, FR) Fischer (6' 0", 211, FR) 
Neuville (6' 5", 226, FR)

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/2/2014 8:40 AM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 


I really appreciate Potrykus' participation on this board.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/2/2014 8:51 AM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 



tndman9 wrote: Jacobs played back-up ILB in the spring, so the drop off behind Schobert comment must relate to the reason Jacobs was moved back to OLB. Just a hunch....
Yes, I took reading the transcript the same way.

The "drop off" comment is the reason Jacobs was moved back to OLB.

No negative reflection on Jacobs' ability.

Last edited 8/2/2014 8:53 AM by badgerpaw

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/2/2014 9:11 AM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 





---------------------------------------------
--- badgerpaw wrote:


tndman9 wrote: Jacobs played back-up ILB in the spring, so the drop off behind Schobert comment must relate to the reason Jacobs was moved back to OLB. Just a hunch....
Yes, I took reading the transcript the same way.

The "drop off" comment is the reason Jacobs was moved back to OLB.

No negative reflection on Jacobs' ability.

---------------------------------------------

That's good, he's an exciting player.
Reply | Quote
  • Brumus
  • Junior
  • 3175 posts this site

Posted: 8/2/2014 11:13 AM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 



CardinalWhite wrote: I really appreciate Potrykus' participation on this board.
AMEN TO THAT!!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/2/2014 11:17 AM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 



badgerpaw wrote:
tndman9 wrote: Jacobs played back-up ILB in the spring, so the drop off behind Schobert comment must relate to the reason Jacobs was moved back to OLB. Just a hunch....
Yes, I took reading the transcript the same way.

The "drop off" comment is the reason Jacobs was moved back to OLB.

No negative reflection on Jacobs' ability.
Sorry for any confusion. Yes, there WAS a big drop-off behind Schobert so they moved Jacobs. Still need a fourth ILB.

Just finished writing our LB preview and it will be posted sometime tonight.
"Nobody has defended (Ray) Rice. TGP and PH are trying to perpetuate a myth. They don't have a reading comprehension problem. They are simply idiots." - Kowitzc on 7/31/14 during a debate about domestic violence.

Last edited 8/2/2014 11:19 AM by potrykus

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/2/2014 11:40 AM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 


I'm starting to worry about the inside linebacker position.  After this season we don't have much there unless guys step up.  I know we have a ton of recruits coming in but they will all be true freshman with little returning experience.  
I would hate have a a true freshman start next season at ILB,while a talented Jacobs is a backup to Schoebert at OLB.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/2/2014 11:53 AM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 


Jacobs just might move back inside next year.  Aranda and Andersen will play the best four at LB.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/2/2014 12:19 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 


That should be a good read.

It would be great if we could get some general insights on D'cota Dixon and how they are planning to use him.


Was Serge Trezy in Madison this summer? I was under the impression that he would be competing for the safety spot and from his video he looked like he needed some coaching up on the safety position.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/2/2014 12:33 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 



badgerpaw wrote: Jacobs just might move back inside next year.  Aranda and Andersen will play the best four at LB.
I believe that depends very much on skill sets. The two outside positions do require different physical talents than the two inside.

Last edited 8/2/2014 12:35 PM by UnknownBadger

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/2/2014 12:37 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 



UnknownBadger wrote:
badgerpaw wrote: Jacobs just might move back inside next year.  Aranda and Andersen will play the best four at LB.
I believe that depends very much on skill sets. The two outside positions do require different physical talents than the two inside.
Yes, that is a given...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/2/2014 1:06 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 



NewerBreed wrote:

That should be a good read.

It would be great if we could get some general insights on D'cota Dixon and how they are planning to use him.


Was Serge Trezy in Madison this summer? I was under the impression that he would be competing for the safety spot and from his video he looked like he needed some coaching up on the safety position.

My guess is you'll see Landisch and Marcus Trotter in base.

Michael Trotter and Landisch could be a tandem in one sub package (say five DBs).

Dixon appears to be in the running as a dime backer, blitzing over covering RBs out of backfield.
"Nobody has defended (Ray) Rice. TGP and PH are trying to perpetuate a myth. They don't have a reading comprehension problem. They are simply idiots." - Kowitzc on 7/31/14 during a debate about domestic violence.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/2/2014 1:29 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 


This. Thank you, Jeff.


---------------------------------------------
--- Brumus wrote:


CardinalWhite wrote: I really appreciate Potrykus' participation on this board.
AMEN TO THAT!!!

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/2/2014 1:55 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 


Any chance Trezy plays RB?  he has speed to burn.
NewerBreed wrote:

That should be a good read.

It would be great if we could get some general insights on D'cota Dixon and how they are planning to use him.


Was Serge Trezy in Madison this summer? I was under the impression that he would be competing for the safety spot and from his video he looked like he needed some coaching up on the safety position.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/3/2014 5:30 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 


LB Previews

Four new starters must step up

LBs: 2014 Badgers by position

Heilprin lists D’Cota Dixon as an ILB.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/3/2014 7:29 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 


When did Leon Jacobs shrink two inches?  I sure hope Dixon isn't a LB...it would be nice to actually field some CB's in the near future.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/3/2014 7:49 PM

Re: Per Potrykus, LB spot... 



jbooshey wrote: When did Leon Jacobs shrink two inches?  I sure hope Dixon isn't a LB...it would be nice to actually field some CB's in the near future.
Aranda said Dixon could be a linebacker in a dime package. To either blitz or cover a back out of the backfield.
"Nobody has defended (Ray) Rice. TGP and PH are trying to perpetuate a myth. They don't have a reading comprehension problem. They are simply idiots." - Kowitzc on 7/31/14 during a debate about domestic violence.

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >