Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!!

Posted: 1/9/2014 1:27 PM

New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 


Ok guys, the way it looks we will be moving in a different direction at seasons end. Unless we go on a 10 game winning streak I just don't see Buzz being back next year.

So saying all that, who will be our next head coach. Losing Buzz will almost definitely mean we lose all of the assistants also, right?

Thoughts on this and lets keep this to a healthy discussion, not a debate because we all know this is coming.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/9/2014 1:36 PM

Re: New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 


Heck I say we trade back with Colorado as Tad Boyles has actually shown "consistent" winning seasons and believe has 3 times the # of postseason wins than Bzzz with 3 ncaa tourney wins the last 2 years alone.  His resume is absolutely brilliant compared to Bzz and made Co an actual B12 contender and not just a middlin .500 team like Bzz did.

While Marshall is a great coach I just don't see him fitting the WF "culture".

I think a risky hire, but with potential great upside would be Amaker.  He is maturing as a coach and has made Harvard into a great team.  Clearly understands strong academic culture and think he would be great in recruiting, but not sure we would be willing to hire from the Duke tree.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/9/2014 1:54 PM

Re: New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 



jason27nc wrote:
So saying all that, who will be our next head coach. Losing Buzz will almost definitely mean we lose all of the assistants also, right?
Hope so. 1) We need a fresh start. 2) Besides Battle, what evidence do we have that any of these guys are good coaches? 3) We don't need a loser of a coach who doesn't even have his own staff to bring with him.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/9/2014 3:58 PM

Re: New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 



RacerDeac wrote:
jason27nc wrote:
So saying all that, who will be our next head coach. Losing Buzz will almost definitely mean we lose all of the assistants also, right?
Hope so. 1) We need a fresh start. 2) Besides Battle, what evidence do we have that any of these guys are good coaches? 3) We don't need a loser of a coach who doesn't even have his own staff to bring with him.
Very true. I hate losing Childress but the rest i can live with.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/9/2014 3:59 PM

Re: New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 



RacerDeac wrote:
jason27nc wrote:
So saying all that, who will be our next head coach. Losing Buzz will almost definitely mean we lose all of the assistants also, right?
Hope so. 1) We need a fresh start. 2) Besides Battle, what evidence do we have that any of these guys are good coaches? 3) We don't need a loser of a coach who doesn't even have his own staff to bring with him.
The not being able to choose a staff was just another bizarre element of the last transition.  The Clawson model is the one to follow.  Hire a good coach and let him decide on the staff - holdovers, reassignments, or new members.  When a good hire is made (example: Clawson), there is no disruption to the team or program.  RW has an opportunity here - or at least here shortly.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/9/2014 4:08 PM

Re: New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 



salteydeac wrote: 

While Marshall is a great coach I just don't see him fitting the WF "culture".


And what culture is that? Oh right, he WINS!!!!!  We would be lucky to get Marshall.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/9/2014 4:17 PM

Re: New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 


Buzz Williams of Marquette
Or
Josh Pastner of Memphis
Or
Bruiser Flint of Drexel
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/9/2014 4:34 PM

Re: New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 


Chris collins
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/9/2014 5:00 PM

Re: New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 


I hope we don't lose coach, but if something horrible happens and we do, let's get Colorado's coach. He's proven he can build upon Bzdelik's greatness.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/9/2014 5:06 PM

Re: New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 


Right down the road from Bowling Green - Tod Kowalczyk at Toledo
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/9/2014 5:13 PM

Re: New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 


Your avatar is both eye catching and disturbing depending on the day

---------------------------------------------
--- bym051d wrote:

I hope we don't lose coach, but if something horrible happens and we do, let's get Colorado's coach. He's proven he can build upon Bzdelik's greatness.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/9/2014 6:59 PM

Re: New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 




---------------------------------------------
--- OldCuss wrote:


RacerDeac wrote:
jason27nc wrote:
So saying all that, who will be our next head coach. Losing Buzz will almost definitely mean we lose all of the assistants also, right?
Hope so. 1) We need a fresh start. 2) Besides Battle, what evidence do we have that any of these guys are good coaches? 3) We don't need a loser of a coach who doesn't even have his own staff to bring with him.
The not being able to choose a staff was just another bizarre element of the last transition.  The Clawson model is the one to follow.  Hire a good coach and let him decide on the staff - holdovers, reassignments, or new members.  When a good hire is made (example: Clawson), there is no disruption to the team or program.  RW has an opportunity here - or at least here shortly.

---------------------------------------------
All will need to go. I hate it for Childress but he will get his opportunities, Ron will see to that. Must give new coach all latitude.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/9/2014 7:18 PM

Re: New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 


Exactly!!! He wins and is a class act. If u want evidence as to why wake never reaches the pinnacle in hoops its this ridiculous notion of "culture". What, Wake is too good for Marshall? That's pathetic. Marshall is probably too big for wake at this point.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/9/2014 7:26 PM

Re: New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 


Wishful thinking! BZZZ wil be here next year.
Reply | Quote
  • Koobs
  • Team Captain
  • 5397 posts this site

Posted: 1/9/2014 9:03 PM

Re: New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 


Bud said it:  All you who read here abandon all hope: Bz now, Bz tomorrow, Bz forever, Bz without end, Amen.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/10/2014 12:55 AM

Re: New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 




---------------------------------------------
--- northdeac wrote:

Right down the road from Bowling Green - Tod Kowalczyk at Toledo

---------------------------------------------

Why?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/10/2014 9:04 AM

RE: New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 


May be unpopular since he went to Duke but what about Tommy Amaker? He's done well at Harvard.

Last edited 1/10/2014 9:04 AM by NokeDeac

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/10/2014 9:12 AM

Re: New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 


The sad fact is that essentially any coach that we get, right down to your local CYO or YMCA coach, would be an improvement. banghead
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/10/2014 9:15 AM

RE: New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 


Jason, I truly hope you are correct, but am scared to death you are wrong.

If you are correct Tommy Amaker
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/10/2014 9:17 AM

Re: New Wake Forest Basketball Coach!!! 



morrison2951 wrote: The sad fact is that essentially any coach that we get, right down to your local CYO or YMCA coach, would be an improvement. banghead
sad but true.  my friend coaches at the y.  he is likable, passionate, and he wears nice ties.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >