Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Tea party's days are numbered

Posted: 11/6/2012 11:09 PM

Tea party's days are numbered 


quote Bill Maher tonight -
Tea Party has now cost the Republicans 5 senate seats. My next donation is going to them.

Both "rape" RWNJ candidates lost.  TP is on deck.  Religious-extreme-right in the batter's circle.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/6/2012 11:24 PM

Re: Tea party's days are numbered 


Probably is a shot in the arm for them actually.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/6/2012 11:27 PM

Re: Tea party's days are numbered 


If the GOP doubles down on Tea Party, then its death in four years will make today look like a walk in the park.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/6/2012 11:42 PM

Re: Tea party's days are numbered 



doreking wrote: Probably is a shot in the arm for them actually.

From your lips to God's ears.  Let it be so.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/7/2012 7:35 AM

Re: Tea party's days are numbered 



doreking wrote: Probably is a shot in the arm for them actually.
How so? (I can't wait to hear this answer....)
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/7/2012 7:45 AM

Re: Tea party's days are numbered 


They exist because of the liberal excess of the Obama administration.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/7/2012 8:52 AM

Re: Tea party's days are numbered 


Here's the problem for the Tea Party/Conservatives; when you start forcing people through a purity test to get into the party, your days are numbered.  You can only exclude so many people before you find yourself in a permanent minority.

The demographics are changing in this country and there's nothing any of us can do about it.  Conservatives can hang with the angry white man if they choose, but that's not going to be enough to win them elections going forward.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/7/2012 9:06 AM

RE: Tea party's days are numbered 


So, Revurb, are you saying we are headed toward a socialist, nanny-state that the white man will have to pay for because democrats have figured out who to pay off and who to stick with the bill?

Cause that's what your last comment sounded like to me.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/7/2012 9:10 AM

RE: Tea party's days are numbered 



VUGearhead wrote: So, Revurb, are you saying we are headed toward a socialist, nanny-state that the white man will have to pay for because democrats have figured out who to pay off and who to stick with the bill?

Cause that's what your last comment sounded like to me.
Seriously?

Simply that the numbers are changing.  The right is gonna need to change with it or they won't be able to win elections.  That simple.  They can keep excluding all they want, but it's just themselves they are hurting.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/7/2012 9:14 AM

RE: Tea party's days are numbered 



rEvUrB wrote:
VUGearhead wrote: So, Revurb, are you saying we are headed toward a socialist, nanny-state that the white man will have to pay for because democrats have figured out who to pay off and who to stick with the bill?

Cause that's what your last comment sounded like to me.
Seriously?

Simply that the numbers are changing.  The right is gonna need to change with it or they won't be able to win elections.  That simple.  They can keep excluding all they want, but it's just themselves they are hurting.
Exactly.  

Putting aside, of course, that the tea party is strongest in states that take the highest amount of government dollars per capita.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/7/2012 9:15 AM

RE: Tea party's days are numbered 



VUGearhead wrote: So, Revurb, are you saying we are headed toward a socialist, nanny-state that the white man will have to pay for because democrats have figured out who to pay off and who to stick with the bill?

Cause that's what your last comment sounded like to me.

No what he said is if republicans are only going to align themselves with angry white men, the few who believe that rape is sacrament might actually scare off too many undecideds to be electable. Therefore, they should stop aligning themselves with only angry white men particularly those who view rape as a sacrament!

Last edited 11/7/2012 9:30 AM by BILTMORE

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/7/2012 2:21 PM

RE: Tea party's days are numbered 


It depends on how the economy does, but the angry white man crowd isn't going away. THey'll just get angrier as their numbers dwindle. 

The question is will Republicans cowtow to them at the national level, knowing that they probably cost them control of the Senate over the last two elections?

C6H0

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/12/2012 9:16 AM

RE: Tea party's days are numbered 


"rape as a sacrament". That is quite possibly one of the most offensive phrases I have seen posted on this forum, even for you Biltmore. How you get there from a 'pro-life' position, I'll never understand (despite all the quotes, distorted or not by the MSM, of pro-life GOP candidates).
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/12/2012 9:31 AM

RE: Tea party's days are numbered 



VUGearhead wrote: "rape as a sacrament". That is quite possibly one of the most offensive phrases I have seen posted on this forum, even for you Biltmore.
Yeah ... kind of have to agree here.  I understand it was meant to malign Akin and Mourdock, but...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/12/2012 10:10 AM

RE: Tea party's days are numbered 



VUGearhead wrote:
 "rape as a sacrament". That is quite possibly one of the most offensive phrases I have seen posted on this forum, even for you Biltmore. How you get there from a 'pro-life' position, I'll never understand (despite all the quotes, distorted or not by the MSM, of pro-life GOP candidates).


Hey no kidding. That phrase was supposed to be shocking. That was it's intent-- to answer your offensive, misplaced, and inappropriate response to the OP.
the inexplicable leap is how you took the original gist of the demise of the tea party and turned it into this racially charged bile:

VUGearhead wrote: So, Revurb, are you saying we are headed toward a socialist, nanny-state that the white man will have to pay for because democrats have figured out who to pay off and who to stick with the bill?

As if whites are the only ones who pay for goverment programs and that liberals are only non whites who live off charity. As if the inherent flaws of extreme conservativism and ultra capitalism are the only antidote for a complete goverment takeover. As if our our only choices are between David Duke and Joseph Stalin.

Sorry, but you need to get a grip and stop with this "conspiracy-around-every-corner" conservative trope.  If you're going to post insulting nonsense on a chat forum, you might get some in return. Unfortuanately for you, you didn't get "nonsense" from me.

Because when two republican politicians go on record with declarations that say all pregnancy -- even unwanted pregancy that's the result of rape -- is a gift from God... 
How would you characterize it?  Just a good, down home pro-life stance? In my mind, the neither the Republican Party nor their presidential nominee did an adequate job of distancing themselves from these statements by condemning them.

So... rape as a sacrament - as offensive as that statement is -- stands as a cautionary reminder of how effed up the Republican Party has become.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/12/2012 11:07 AM

RE: Tea party's days are numbered 


^ That's what happens when in suffering the hurt of loss, one or 2 posters pick up the mantle as self-appointed leaders of angry white conservatives males everywhere and their answer to anything and everything the next four years will be one of angry-white-conservative-male-speak. Like Ted Nugent and Hank Jr. but with better grammar.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/12/2012 11:11 AM

Re: Tea party's days are numbered 


They can take consolation in knowing that ObamaCare (tm) will cover butt-hurt.

cool6741_rotfl.gif210216_beerchug.gifbannana.gifwinkcarrot.gifchampions.giftonguecheerleader.gifflagus.gifconfusedpartyicon.gifbiggrin
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/12/2012 11:43 AM

RE: Tea party's days are numbered 


Well, Bilt, it was REvurb who equated conservatives to 'angry white men', and the alternate (catchphrase 'demographics') as everyone else (i.e. liberal?), not me. So don't go looking at me for having started the racial charge in this thread.

I'm sorry you find it offensive to point out the obvious. You are so fond of using the double standard. It's the wealthy conservative christian millionaire who supports Romney when you want to bash him, but then it's not when BHO wants to increase their taxes? That's rich.

It's not misplaced when our President has clearly come out in favor of increasing taxes on the successful entrepreneurs in our society, yet makes no mention of limiting increases, or cutting expenditures to entitlements (which we will need both, in order to balance our fiscal budget).

Inappropriateness is subjective. You're offended and I'm sorry for that. I wouldn't have posted it if I thought the same. But you seem perfectly willing to post something even you feel to be inappropriate. Nice.

Extreme conservatism and ultra capitalism is a straw man I never set up for you to knock down. Just because I see the stastics (people who pay taxes disproportionate to those who receive benefits) heading in a direction that is unsustainable doesn't mean my comments are 'trope'. You have blinders on if you don't see this as a cause for concern.

As a believer of any faith, how do you not see conception, any conception, as anything other than a divine provenance? God gave us free will. That means he has no more control of the circumstances leading up to conception than you or me. Does that conceived child know who his father is or what he did? Would he care, at that point? Of course not. But to jump from that position, which these politicians held, to one of 'rape is sacrosanct (holy, immune from criticism)' is far more off base than my comment was to Revurb's. You insist on going back to the politicians' comments as endorsing or praising the act of rape, when they were referring to the preservation of life as they see it. I guess life is worthless enough to just throw away, because the circumstances aren't convenient or comfortable enough for those involved. Poor baby. You can lock up the dad and throw away the key, but you are doing worse to one of the innocent victim's.

Your view of the GOP stance on life is as effed up as you think my interpretation of REvurb's comment is. Unfortunately, you'ld be wrong on both counts.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/12/2012 9:32 PM

Just stop 


You're trying to defend an indefensible position by feigning the high road. It won't work. 

Look, it's not my fault you've aligned yourself with a party that claims a raped woman should thank god for her unwanted rape child. There's no distortion I can make that is "too much" about that fact.   It's indefensible yet here you are trying your best to defend it. Just like the losing party and their candidate by not condemning those remarks. It turned the stomachs of all democratic voters as well as all the republican voters with brains and souls who held their just nose and voted rightward anyway. Unfortunately you don't possess either.

As a believer of any faith, how do you not see conception, any conception, as anything other than a divine provenance?

Because in the case of rape, I don't. That's how.  Now take your chauvinistic bible thumping BS and flush it down the toilet where it belongs! 

By the way, President Obama has offered up cuts to entitlements.  Repubs won't consider anything unless he takes tax hikes for the wealthy off the table. So you're factually inaccurate with this post as well. But what else is new? 

Rape as a sacrament... yep those republicans are pretty disgusting.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/12/2012 9:57 PM

RE: Tea party's days are numbered 


The problem for the Republican party is not so much the ridiculous rape comments as it is their continuing attempts to assert their dogma and political views into people's private lives. Young people in particular are repelled by this. Instead of focusing on religion, guns, abortion, welfare, etc. they should get back to issues that are truly political in nature and somehow (I can't even begin to think how they can do that myself) present an approach to the public that actually makes sense and is achievable. Simply put, you cannot legislate morality and any party who's chief aim is to do so will go the way of the Whigs, Know-nothings, and other political parties of the past.
I sometimes watch FOX News just to see their latest spin on things and it's amazing how many of them are rationalizing the beating they took last week by saying things that will only cause them to become even more unpopular with the general public. A few (William Kristol, for example, who is one of the smart ones) are interpreting the results in a way that could save the party for the long term. However, it's more likely that the Limbaugh-wing of the party will prevail and it will take another drubbing in 2016 before their clout begins to subside.
The other big problem the Republicans have is that they don't have a Bill Clinton-like figure to lead them in the near future. What Clinton did for the Democratic party in 1992 has come to full bloom in 2012. How long it continues will be primarily determined by how the party leaders respond to what just happened. And they better move fast. Democrats are up to at least 200 in the House (a gain of 9 or 10 I think) and another result like that in 2014 could result in total control of the federal government by Democrats. Of course, historically speaking, that could lead to trouble unless the leaders of the party are smart enough to keep from over-reaching. But in any event, if the Republican party continues on it's current path, they will become a long-term minority party. That would be fine with me; but maybe not for the country.
"Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People."-- ER
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >