Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Is it time for Wiel to take a seat so someone...

  • bek7567
  • VandyManiac
  • 12501 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 6/7/2014 3:54 PM

Is it time for Wiel to take a seat so someone... 


else can get up there and take a few cuts?

You know, I think it probably is. His swing just looks terribly out of sorts, and he's doing nothing but hurting us at the plate right now.

Yes, I know he got a base hit while ago, but he still looks "daunted" up there, for lack of a better term.

I think it's time for a change-- let someone else have a crack at it already.

"a coward is a man who can forsee the future. a brave man is almost always without imagination."

--Charles Bukowski



Last edited 6/7/2014 8:26 PM by bek7567

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/7/2014 4:21 PM

Re: Is it time for Wiel to take a seat so someone... 


who? Our hitting basically is not existing, we are a group of singles hitters for the most part. That's why the coach bunts so much. One or two runs per game loose most games and even 3-4 are not much better.
Reply | Quote
  • bek7567
  • VandyManiac
  • 12501 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 6/7/2014 4:57 PM

Re: I don't care who they put in really, but I'm sure of it... 


now-- he needs to SIT for a while.

He's in a major funk, and it's hurting us.

"a coward is a man who can forsee the future. a brave man is almost always without imagination."

--Charles Bukowski



Last edited 6/7/2014 4:58 PM by bek7567

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/7/2014 5:32 PM

Re: I don't care who they put in really, but I'm sure of it... 


I was thinking the same thing. This team just doesn't have any power and loves leaving base runners stranded. In some occasions like today, it really is frustrating. Stanford errors and hit batsmen produced more runs for VU today than VU hitters did.

Last edited 6/7/2014 5:48 PM by jones2mitchell

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/7/2014 6:18 PM

Re: I don't care who they put in really, but I'm sure of it... 


Just who do we put in his place? The problem with us being Pitching U is that we have no bats. And the guys with bats that we are recruiting all seem to be going pro.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/7/2014 6:35 PM

Re: Is it time for Wiel to take a seat so someone... 


Wow.
Reply | Quote
  • bek7567
  • VandyManiac
  • 12501 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 6/7/2014 7:19 PM

Re: "Wow" what? Dude, Zander should be sending a few 


balls into the cheap seats, and instead, he's pretty much just been out there floundering for a couple of months now (or more).

I mean, this shouldn't be like an epiphany to anyone-- he's just flat underachieving and not living up to his talent right now, period.

Man, some of you guys are going to have to grow up sometime and realize that just because someone mentions a major malfuction of the team, that doesn't mean that they're trying to "sink the ship," so-to-speak.

On the other hand, I can confidently say that, on the contrary, most of our "offerings" are aimed at righting it, I can promise you.

In short, some of you need to quit being so damn defensive at the drop of a dime; grow up and admit shortcomings when you see them.

As I've said 1,000 times before, if everyone on here merely said "life is grand-- pass me the booze and the lollipop!" 24/7, then it would pretty much be one pointless and cheese-ridden website, now wouldn't it?

Right?

"a coward is a man who can forsee the future. a brave man is almost always without imagination."

--Charles Bukowski



Last edited 6/7/2014 7:31 PM by bek7567

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/7/2014 7:30 PM

Re: "Wow" what? Dude, Zander should be sending a few 



bek7567 wrote: balls into the cheap seats, and instead, he's pretty much just been out there floundering for a couple of months now (or more).

I mean, this shouldn't be like an epiphany to anyone-- he's just flat underachieving and not living up to his talent right now, period.

Man, some of you guys are going to have to grow up sometime and realize that just because someone mentions a major malfuction of the team, that doesn't mean that they're trying to "sink the ship," so-to-speak.

On the other hand, I can confidently say that, on the contrary, most of our "offerings" are aimed at righting it, I can promise you.

In short, quit being so damn defensive; grow up and admit shortcomings when you see them.

As I've said 1,000 times before, if everyone on here merely said "life is grand-- pass me the booze and the lollipop!" 24/7, then it would pretty much be one pointless and cheese-ridden website, now wouldn't it?

Right?
So you want to bench our starting first baseman in the super regionals? Ok...
Reply | Quote
  • bek7567
  • VandyManiac
  • 12501 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 6/7/2014 7:34 PM

Re: Yes, as of now I most certainly do. 



dores2010 wrote:
bek7567 wrote: balls into the cheap seats, and instead, he's pretty much just been out there floundering for a couple of months now (or more).

I mean, this shouldn't be like an epiphany to anyone-- he's just flat underachieving and not living up to his talent right now, period.

Man, some of you guys are going to have to grow up sometime and realize that just because someone mentions a major malfuction of the team, that doesn't mean that they're trying to "sink the ship," so-to-speak.

On the other hand, I can confidently say that, on the contrary, most of our "offerings" are aimed at righting it, I can promise you.

In short, quit being so damn defensive; grow up and admit shortcomings when you see them.

As I've said 1,000 times before, if everyone on here merely said "life is grand-- pass me the booze and the lollipop!" 24/7, then it would pretty much be one pointless and cheese-ridden website, now wouldn't it?

Right?
So you want to bench our starting first baseman in the super regionals? Ok...

So be it, and so what?

"a coward is a man who can forsee the future. a brave man is almost always without imagination."

--Charles Bukowski



Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/7/2014 7:56 PM

Re: Yes, as of now I most certainly do. 



bek7567 wrote:
dores2010 wrote:
bek7567 wrote: balls into the cheap seats, and instead, he's pretty much just been out there floundering for a couple of months now (or more).

I mean, this shouldn't be like an epiphany to anyone-- he's just flat underachieving and not living up to his talent right now, period.

Man, some of you guys are going to have to grow up sometime and realize that just because someone mentions a major malfuction of the team, that doesn't mean that they're trying to "sink the ship," so-to-speak.

On the other hand, I can confidently say that, on the contrary, most of our "offerings" are aimed at righting it, I can promise you.

In short, quit being so damn defensive; grow up and admit shortcomings when you see them.

As I've said 1,000 times before, if everyone on here merely said "life is grand-- pass me the booze and the lollipop!" 24/7, then it would pretty much be one pointless and cheese-ridden website, now wouldn't it?

Right?
So you want to bench our starting first baseman in the super regionals? Ok...

So be it, and so what?
.328, 13 R, 16 RBI, 10 BB. Zander's stats in 16 games since May 6. Interesting definition of floundering. Anyone else you think shouldn't play?

Last edited 6/7/2014 7:57 PM by dores2010

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/7/2014 8:15 PM

Re: Is it time for Wiel to take a seat so someone... 


Unbelievable the **** you read on here, he had a hit today!!! He is one reason we are here where we are!!!!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/7/2014 8:18 PM

Re: Is it time for Wiel to take a seat so someone... 



vumccree wrote: Unbelievable the **** you read on here, he had a hit today!!! He is one reason we are here where we are!!!!
2 hits actually. 1 of 2 guys that had a multi-hit game. Love how people think they can just spout off nonsense without knowing what they're talking about.
Reply | Quote
  • bek7567
  • VandyManiac
  • 12501 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 6/7/2014 8:19 PM

Re: I see you so strategically omitted "0 home runs" 


as a stat during that period. Gee, I wonder why?

Man, you can candy-coat it all you want, but Zander Wiel has performed quite poorly this season when compared to what he has been, compared to what he could be, and compared to what he should be.

Now, I'm not going to bicker over bullsh*t like a mere month's worth of stats, but I'm quite sure (with your seeming intelligence), that you probably know what I'm talking about, and if not, then you may just be, well, not as smart as I believe you to be.

End of converation, as I truly don't have anything else to say, and there really isn't anything else to say, anyway.

"a coward is a man who can forsee the future. a brave man is almost always without imagination."

--Charles Bukowski



Last edited 6/7/2014 8:25 PM by bek7567

Reply | Quote
  • bek7567
  • VandyManiac
  • 12501 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 6/7/2014 8:36 PM

Re: One last thing-- I guess both of you guys are into... 


horseshoes and hand grenades, because "close enough" seems to be the only language that you speak fluently.

Obviously it's good enough for you; however, it's not good enough for me, and I'm quite certain it isn't good enough for Zander, and it SHOULDN'T be good enough for our coaching staff, although apparently it is.

Enough said; if you don't get the jist by now, you never will, so to hell with it.

"a coward is a man who can forsee the future. a brave man is almost always without imagination."

--Charles Bukowski



Last edited 6/7/2014 8:37 PM by bek7567

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/7/2014 8:37 PM

Re: Is it time for Wiel to take a seat so someone... 


We should bench Reynolds because he didn't go 4-4 today and with no HRs
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/7/2014 8:38 PM

You wonder why? 



bek7567 wrote: as a stat during that period. Gee, I wonder why?

Man, you can candy-coat it all you want, but Zander Wiel has performed quite poorly this season when compared to what he has been, compared to what he could be, and compared to what he should be.

Now, I'm not going to bicker over bullsh*t like a mere month's worth of stats, but I'm quite sure (with your seeming intelligence), that you probably know what I'm talking about, and if not, then you may just be, well, not as smart as I believe you to be.

End of converation, as I truly don't have anything else to say, and there really isn't anything else to say, anyway.
Because it doesn't matter, that's why. Here is what you said:

"he's doing nothing but hurting us at the plate right now."

"Yes, I know he got a base hit while ago, but he still looks "daunted" up there, for lack of a better term"

BS like a month's worth of stats? How is a month's worth of stats showing that Zander isn't hurting us but in fact is hitting very well and driving in runs BS? Is it BS because it proves you wrong? Again, he had two hits today, one yesterday with 2 RBI. We don't have to bicker. I just think it's absolutely ridiculous that you want to bench one of our best hitters because he isn't hitting bombs. This all ignores the fact that this decision would result in an outfielder playing first base and a worse hitter being inserted into the lineup for Zander.
Reply | Quote
  • bek7567
  • VandyManiac
  • 12501 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 6/7/2014 8:46 PM

Re: Exactly. That guy should be history too like California... 


Chrome and all his Chromies. Finally someone understands.

Kidding, of course.

Partially, that is.  tongue

"a coward is a man who can forsee the future. a brave man is almost always without imagination."

--Charles Bukowski



Last edited 6/7/2014 8:48 PM by bek7567

Reply | Quote
  • bek7567
  • VandyManiac
  • 12501 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 6/7/2014 8:52 PM

Re: Ps, as a matter of fact, no, he didn't go 4-4 today. 



vumccree wrote: We should bench Reynolds because he didn't go 4-4 today and with no HRs

That was yesterday Einstein.  wink

"a coward is a man who can forsee the future. a brave man is almost always without imagination."

--Charles Bukowski



Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/8/2014 12:46 PM

I'll say this for Zander ... 


He was a really good power hitter in high school at Blackman High in Murfreesboro. I saw several of his games and he always provided excitement at the plate.

I was at one game where his contact fell out right before he stepped into the batter's box. He was digging around on the ground looking for his contact. He couldn't find it. The ump told him he either needed to step into the box or his team would need to have someone hit for him. The bases were loaded. Zander stepped into the batter's box, only being able to see with one eye, and smacked a grand slam home run. It was one of the most remarkable things I've ever seen in a baseball game.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/8/2014 2:35 PM

Re: Is it time for Wiel to take a seat so someone... 


Bek time for you to leave the computer and stand in the corner with your pointy hat on. Let Corbin make the decisions. He knows what he's doing. You don't have a clue!
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >