Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

Re: Devin Lauderdale!

Posted: 2/14/2012 9:41 AM

Re: Devin Lauderdale! 


Okay, we get it. Do you have to keep on tell us over & over & over & over?  It's a good thing that you aren't recruiting for us-- and let's not forget that recruits DO read these boards.  Maybe their job will be easier once we don't have to play walk ons and converted WRs in the defensive backfield.


redbird59 wrote:
agriraider wrote:

Starting off early and well with solid recruits again in 2013.  Even if it does take more talent for our current staff to win, they sure seem to have no trouble recruiting it.guns.gif

Agree.  Not sold on their Coaching abilities (yet).  No question about their recruiting.   To finish 3rd or 4th in recruiting in this conference after a 9th place record.........was a helluva job.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/14/2012 9:49 AM

Re: Devin Lauderdale! 



zebbie09 wrote: Okay, we get it. Do you have to keep on tell us over & over & over & over?  It's a good thing that you aren't recruiting for us-- and let's not forget that recruits DO read these boards.  Maybe their job will be easier once we don't have to play walk ons and converted WRs in the defensive backfield.


redbird59 wrote:
agriraider wrote:

Starting off early and well with solid recruits again in 2013.  Even if it does take more talent for our current staff to win, they sure seem to have no trouble recruiting it.guns.gif

Agree.  Not sold on their Coaching abilities (yet).  No question about their recruiting.   To finish 3rd or 4th in recruiting in this conference after a 9th place record.........was a helluva job.
The truth hurts you a little bit doesn't it.

Maybe we should make up a bunch of lies to put on here....just in case some kid is reading a message board to try to figure out what school to attend.    eek1


Back to the OP.....it was great pick-up !!   tubs.gif    guns.gif

Last edited 2/14/2012 9:54 AM by redbird59

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/14/2012 9:53 AM

Re: Devin Lauderdale! 



redbird59 wrote:
zebbie09 wrote: Okay, we get it. Do you have to keep on tell us over & over & over & over?  It's a good thing that you aren't recruiting for us-- and let's not forget that recruits DO read these boards.  Maybe their job will be easier once we don't have to play walk ons and converted WRs in the defensive backfield.


redbird59 wrote:
agriraider wrote:

Starting off early and well with solid recruits again in 2013.  Even if it does take more talent for our current staff to win, they sure seem to have no trouble recruiting it.guns.gif

Agree.  Not sold on their Coaching abilities (yet).  No question about their recruiting.   To finish 3rd or 4th in recruiting in this conference after a 9th place record.........was a helluva job.
The truth hurts you a little bit doesn't it.

Maybe we should make up a bunch of lies to put on here....just in case some kid is reading a message board to try to figure out what shool to attend.    eek1

It's not the truth -- it's your opinion and only that.  Not sure what you feel that you have to gain by beating that drum constantly, particularly on the recruiting board.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/14/2012 9:57 AM

Re: Devin Lauderdale! 



texastechfan wrote:
redbird59 wrote:
zebbie09 wrote: Okay, we get it. Do you have to keep on tell us over & over & over & over?  It's a good thing that you aren't recruiting for us-- and let's not forget that recruits DO read these boards.  Maybe their job will be easier once we don't have to play walk ons and converted WRs in the defensive backfield.


redbird59 wrote:
agriraider wrote:

Starting off early and well with solid recruits again in 2013.  Even if it does take more talent for our current staff to win, they sure seem to have no trouble recruiting it.guns.gif

Agree.  Not sold on their Coaching abilities (yet).  No question about their recruiting.   To finish 3rd or 4th in recruiting in this conference after a 9th place record.........was a helluva job.
The truth hurts you a little bit doesn't it.

Maybe we should make up a bunch of lies to put on here....just in case some kid is reading a message board to try to figure out what shool to attend.    eek1

It's not the truth -- it's your opinion and only that.  Not sure what you feel that you have to gain by beating that drum constantly, particularly on the recruiting board.
That's fair (about the one item of opinion I stated)........but it was intended as a recuiting compliment.

I will work on keeping the opinion part out of the Recruiting board.

Last edited 2/14/2012 9:59 AM by redbird59

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/14/2012 10:09 AM

Re: Devin Lauderdale! 


Wouldn't be surprised if Lauderdale was here for this weekend's Jr day.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/14/2012 10:27 AM

Re: Devin Lauderdale! 


And likewise, doesn't the truth hurt a bit in that perhaps our talent level was far below where it should have been relative to the on the field success that we had, especially at WR?

Compare guys like Mays, Zou, Fisher, Celeste, even corndog-- to the likes of Wheeler, Edwards, Davis, Amaro, McRoy and now Lauderdale...  We struggleds so mightily to get guys like this interested in the program from '06-09.  During that four year stretch, we only signed Ward and possibly corker who are comparable to what we are now getting on a routine basis almost.  Lewis, a good get, would be toward the lower end of what we are bringing in. 




redbird59 wrote:
zebbie09 wrote: Okay, we get it. Do you have to keep on tell us over & over & over & over?  It's a good thing that you aren't recruiting for us-- and let's not forget that recruits DO read these boards.  Maybe their job will be easier once we don't have to play walk ons and converted WRs in the defensive backfield.


redbird59 wrote:
agriraider wrote:

Starting off early and well with solid recruits again in 2013.  Even if it does take more talent for our current staff to win, they sure seem to have no trouble recruiting it.guns.gif

Agree.  Not sold on their Coaching abilities (yet).  No question about their recruiting.   To finish 3rd or 4th in recruiting in this conference after a 9th place record.........was a helluva job.
The truth hurts you a little bit doesn't it.

Maybe we should make up a bunch of lies to put on here....just in case some kid is reading a message board to try to figure out what school to attend.    eek1


Back to the OP.....it was great pick-up !!   tubs.gif    guns.gif
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/14/2012 11:37 AM

Re: Devin Lauderdale! 


freakingout.gifYippee!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/14/2012 11:52 AM

Re: Devin Lauderdale! 


I know one of his coaches really well, I'll see if I can get some info and pass it along to you guys.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/14/2012 4:40 PM

Re: Devin Lauderdale! 


Why does every thread turn into some kind of B***h fest......sucks reading some of these posts lately.  This thread should be nothing but happy $**t we just got our selves a top notch wr and a cb that can fly....something we as a fan base have been craving for.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/14/2012 4:56 PM

Re: Devin Lauderdale! 


Exactly.....
Karamath wrote: Why does every thread turn into some kind of B***h fest......sucks reading some of these posts lately.  This thread should be nothing but happy $**t we just got our selves a top notch wr and a cb that can fly....something we as a fan base have been craving for.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/14/2012 5:55 PM

Re: Devin Lauderdale! 


Hitting Houston hard early.

Maybe Tubs knew what he was talking about with TAMU leaving ....
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/14/2012 7:48 PM

Re: Devin Lauderdale! 


Both of these guys are great gets.  We now need some top tier o-linemen to allow our qb's the time to get the ball deep to all of our weapons.  We'll also need to bring in a qb or two to replace the transfers and the graduation of Doege.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/14/2012 8:33 PM

RE: Devin Lauderdale! 



yanceyRedRaider wrote:
redbird59 wrote:
yanceyRedRaider wrote:

Lauderdale is 100% solid to Tech and especially to whatever school Tavares Garner wants to play at and Garner is as solid as they come. They are best friends and have dreamed of playing for the same school since they were children

Rivals shows they are from different high schools?  Connection?
Think they went to elementary and/or middle school together. They call each other cousins but they are just friends
Source?
Reply | Quote
  • TIPUBU
  • All Star
  • 2274 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 2/14/2012 8:44 PM

RE: Devin Lauderdale! 


reminds me of marquez in hs

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/14/2012 9:18 PM

RE: Devin Lauderdale! 



yanceyRedRaider wrote:
redbird59 wrote:
yanceyRedRaider wrote:

Lauderdale is 100% solid to Tech and especially to whatever school Tavares Garner wants to play at and Garner is as solid as they come. They are best friends and have dreamed of playing for the same school since they were children

Rivals shows they are from different high schools?  Connection?
Think they went to elementary and/or middle school together. They call each other cousins but they are just friends
According to Don Williams they are legitimate cousins. Link

Last edited 2/14/2012 9:20 PM by CominAtYou

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/14/2012 9:31 PM

RE: Devin Lauderdale! 


Lauderdale said he already has scholarship offers from Colorado, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, TCU, Baylor, Arizona, Nebraska, Texas, Texas A&M and UCLA

 ^^ Starting to become a thing. wink

Last edited 2/14/2012 9:31 PM by FutureRaider14

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/14/2012 10:09 PM

Re: Devin Lauderdale! 


From what I read in the article, I have confidence that if one of them sticks the other will too.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/15/2012 12:01 AM

RE: Devin Lauderdale! 


Don Williams didn't accurately state Lauderdale's quote. After he calls Tavares his cousin, he corrects himself and says "we are like cousins but we have been best friends and always told each other we would go to the same school." I would post the link but it's a rivals article and I'm on my phone.

---------------------------------------------
--- CominAtYou wrote:


yanceyRedRaider wrote:
redbird59 wrote:
yanceyRedRaider wrote:

Lauderdale is 100% solid to Tech and especially to whatever school Tavares Garner wants to play at and Garner is as solid as they come. They are best friends and have dreamed of playing for the same school since they were children

Rivals shows they are from different high schools?  Connection?
Think they went to elementary and/or middle school together. They call each other cousins but they are just friends
According to Don Williams they are legitimate cousins. Link

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/15/2012 2:16 PM

RE: Devin Lauderdale! 


Dang.  He's a stud.  Congrats.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/15/2012 2:32 PM

RE: Devin Lauderdale! 



CominAtYou wrote:
yanceyRedRaider wrote:
redbird59 wrote:
yanceyRedRaider wrote:

Lauderdale is 100% solid to Tech and especially to whatever school Tavares Garner wants to play at and Garner is as solid as they come. They are best friends and have dreamed of playing for the same school since they were children

Rivals shows they are from different high schools?  Connection?
Think they went to elementary and/or middle school together. They call each other cousins but they are just friends
Source?
As requested sir:

"Texas Tech is always been where I wanted to go," Lauderdale said. "That's what I would play on video games and stuff like that. I knew I was going to make my decision today because I told my friend -- he's like a cousin to me -- Tavares Gardner. We've known each other since second grade, he told me, 'Whatever college you go to, I'm going to go to.' And I told him the same thing.

"He committed to Texas Tech today, and he was like, 'You going to commit with me?' And I said, 'Yeah, I told you back in middle school that we were going to go to the same college.' So I committed to Tech today, too."


http://www.texastech.rivals.co...asp?CID=1331162
Reply | Quote