Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 9  Next >

Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech

Posted: 6/23/2014 6:24 PM

Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 


Surprise,....guess DMN feels a loyalty to metroplex teams....crazy

Big 12 Week 5 Game of the week: Texas Tech at TCU

"It took a bit of luck and a key throw from Davis Webb for Texas Tech to take down TCU last year in Lubbock..."


http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/he adlines/20140622-big-12-predictions-week-5-tcu-s-d efense-might-be-what-it-takes-to-drop-texas-tech.e ce

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/23/2014 6:27 PM

Re: Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 


No one read the dmn anymore. there reasdership is for sh!t.  Hey they even talk about how great the cowboys are and they havnt been to the nfc championship in 17 years, Heck they havnt been to the playoffs in 4 years. 

Rose colored glasses; poor journalism at its finest
CARRY ON
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/23/2014 6:28 PM

Re: Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 


Surprise surprise . . .

Overall Tech will be a better team. TCU. Not so much.

Edit: We also know who has the homefield advantage in DFW, and they aren't wearing purple.

Last edited 6/23/2014 6:29 PM by TechSwag

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/23/2014 6:31 PM

Re: Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 


DMN - trying to boost hits on their website.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/23/2014 6:35 PM

Re: Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 


Yeah,

      Didn't realize... "and this renewed rivalry is the perfect chance for TCU to get back on track and dash any hopes of the Red Raider sneaking into a BCS game."

All of this and they predict TCU to start 0-3 in conference play??? Is it a back-handed compliment about Red Raiders slipping into a BCS game??? Isn't the BCS history???

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/23/2014 6:56 PM

Re: Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 


I'm surprised TCU isn't picked to win the Big 12 again this year.  It worked out so well over the past two years.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/23/2014 7:06 PM

Re: Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 


I don't get the TCU love.   Who knows what they will look like at QB.  Gonna guess it won't be any better than Garret Glbert at SMU.  Might not even get that given that gilbert had some good experience.  While they had some close losses, not sure how much solace I take in that if I'm a TCU fan.  I'm sure they bounce back a little but 7 wins is about all I see for them and that's with their bowl win.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/23/2014 7:27 PM

Re: Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 


A lot of people are picking TCU over Tech. Don't get it, but all most all publications have TCU finishing ahead of tech

"Who are you anyway? I've never heard of you..you toolbagexcited God posters like this get under my skin.." TechNostalgic

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/23/2014 7:55 PM

Re: Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 


Did they really say BCS?!?!!?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/23/2014 8:09 PM

Re: Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 





---------------------------------------------
--- fromcentex wrote:

A lot of people are picking TCU over Tech. Don't get it, but all most all publications have TCU finishing ahead of tech

---------------------------------------------

Nothing new.
Post it on the bulletin board.

TYFR
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/23/2014 8:51 PM

Re: Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 


BOL Kerosene
CARRY ON
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/23/2014 9:10 PM

Re: Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 


The DMN are slow learners. Have they seen the new Webb who will be a national star in 2014. What will he do to a TCU secondary who lost Verrett the D POY and All Big 12 Carter. They also lost DL Hunter. We will score so much Patterson is likely to Blow his Lid.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/23/2014 9:14 PM

Re: Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 



injuns53 wrote: The DMN are slow learners. Have they seen the new Webb who will be a national star in 2014. What will he do to a TCU secondary who lost Verrett the D POY and All Big 12 Carter. They also lost DL Hunter. We will score so much Patterson is likely to Blow his Lid.
I think a little research might be in order.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/23/2014 9:17 PM

Re: Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 


I'm looking forward to the game. Neither school can afford to lose that one. This "rivalry" has escalated quickly.


Last edited 6/23/2014 10:13 PM by Wreckem98

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/23/2014 9:19 PM

Re: Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 


They do have the Tech stadium and all
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/23/2014 9:41 PM

Re: Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 


I think injuns is just predicting who you are going to lose due to the next drug bust.  tongue
GrumpyToad wrote:
injuns53 wrote: The DMN are slow learners. Have they seen the new Webb who will be a national star in 2014. What will he do to a TCU secondary who lost Verrett the D POY and All Big 12 Carter. They also lost DL Hunter. We will score so much Patterson is likely to Blow his Lid.
I think a little research might be in order.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/23/2014 9:55 PM

Re: Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 



Stanley4Tech wrote: I'm surprised TCU isn't picked to win the Big 12 again this year.  It worked out so well over the past two years.
Right?

TCU was also picked to beat Tech the last 2 years, if I'm not mistaken. haha
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/23/2014 10:00 PM

Re: Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 


BFD-
We will be there, early, and be loud.
The game 2 years ago in Fort Worth was great.
Get your tickets and lets do it again.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/23/2014 10:06 PM

Re: Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 


I don't understand why people still pick TCU to win the Big 12, or even do well.

They've done nothing but regress since their Rose Bowl win, Amon G. Carter Stadium is ranked 9th in the Big12 (lol), recruiting is tanking, best players on D have left, all while not being bowl eligible last season...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/23/2014 10:21 PM

Re: Dallas Morning News picks TCU over Tech 



Autolysis wrote: I don't understand why people still pick TCU to win the Big 12, or even do well.

They've done nothing but regress since their Rose Bowl win, Amon G. Carter Stadium is ranked 9th in the Big12 (lol), recruiting is tanking, best players on D have left, all while not being bowl eligible last season...
Well, you nailed "not being bowl eligible last year". Otherwise, you might want to mix in a fact check. Especially the recruiting comment.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 9  Next >