Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 6  Next >

RE: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch

Avatar

Posted: 11/1/2010 4:35 PM

RE: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 



wyzone wrote: What is hilarious is that the gooners are all talking how Finch is better than Murray, so I think they know Hunter is better.......

Hunter IS better, any other argument is silly.  I know I'm preaching to the choir.
__________________________________________

\m/
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/1/2010 10:24 PM

RE: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 


Impossible to call yet.

Finch has played a total of three college games after coming off leg injury.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/1/2010 10:33 PM

RE: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 



logisticsoul wrote:
stillH20poke wrote: ou's players will always get more pub. Demarco Murray, Landrey Jones, Ryan Broyles, Roy Finch, etc.  As good as those players are at their position, in each case, I don't think they're the best in their own state.   That said, it is amazing how certain teams, or certain recruits come in with a lot of hype while others don't. It's like Michael Goodson from a few years ago. He was listed as the pre season 1st team running back three straight years but in those three years got outgained by three Cowboy running backs Freshman year (D. Savage and K. Toston outrushed him and then a young Kendall Hunter.
Goodson was the best RB in the league, stats aside.  His coach didnt give him the ball enough and he had a few injuries too, but he was the best no doubt.  Just like this year, Robert Thomas isnt have a great year stat wise, but he is the best NFL prospect in the conference at RB.  Same thing for David Sims from Iowa State playing safety and the LT at Colorado.

Who is Robert Thomas?
"If you build it, they will come!" ty TBP
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/2/2010 7:33 AM

RE: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 


"Robert" was an error by logisticsoul . . . just like his logic of Goodson being the best back was an error in his post. Very laughable !
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/2/2010 8:36 AM

RE: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 



ItalianCowboy wrote: "Robert" was an error by logisticsoul . . . just like his logic of Goodson being the best back was an error in his post. Very laughable !

beginning to think he's a writer for the DOK, his writing is usually laced with factual errors intended to slant things towards u0

but usually entertaining
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/2/2010 8:45 AM

RE: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 


funny how, at the end of a career, the numbers don't lie ... goodson ... NOT!
logisticsoul wrote:
stillH20poke wrote: ou's players will always get more pub. Demarco Murray, Landrey Jones, Ryan Broyles, Roy Finch, etc.  As good as those players are at their position, in each case, I don't think they're the best in their own state.   That said, it is amazing how certain teams, or certain recruits come in with a lot of hype while others don't. It's like Michael Goodson from a few years ago. He was listed as the pre season 1st team running back three straight years but in those three years got outgained by three Cowboy running backs Freshman year (D. Savage and K. Toston outrushed him and then a young Kendall Hunter.
Goodson was the best RB in the league, stats aside.  His coach didnt give him the ball enough and he had a few injuries too, but he was the best no doubt.  Just like this year, Robert Thomas isnt have a great year stat wise, but he is the best NFL prospect in the conference at RB.  Same thing for David Sims from Iowa State playing safety and the LT at Colorado.
proud and immortal
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/2/2010 10:55 AM

Re: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 


Finch is more like Hunter. He is a lot more muscular than Kendall was coming in though but has the same moves. He is going to be a stud.

Randall is a good player too and a great fit for the OSU offense because he can catch balls out of the backfield.

They can have Finch. I'll take Randall, Jeremy Smith, Herschel Sims, and Barry Sanders Jr. and worry about other positions from here on out.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/2/2010 11:10 AM

RE: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 



logisticsoul wrote:
stillH20poke wrote: ou's players will always get more pub. Demarco Murray, Landrey Jones, Ryan Broyles, Roy Finch, etc.  As good as those players are at their position, in each case, I don't think they're the best in their own state.   That said, it is amazing how certain teams, or certain recruits come in with a lot of hype while others don't. It's like Michael Goodson from a few years ago. He was listed as the pre season 1st team running back three straight years but in those three years got outgained by three Cowboy running backs Freshman year (D. Savage and K. Toston outrushed him and then a young Kendall Hunter.
Goodson was the best RB in the league, stats aside.  His coach didnt give him the ball enough and he had a few injuries too, but he was the best no doubt.  Just like this year, Robert Thomas isnt have a great year stat wise, but he is the best NFL prospect in the conference at RB.  Same thing for David Sims from Iowa State playing safety and the LT at Colorado.
My favorite part about this statement is that we are somehow supposed to just say "Best NFL prospect, that settles everything."  Last I checked I don't care about the NFL in the slightest.  So while I care about college football, I think I'll base my "who's the best..." arguments on college football.

Based on college football, Goodson never accomplished anything.
Our two party system is a bowl of poopy (edit) looking in the mirror at itself.
-Lewis Black
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/2/2010 11:38 AM

RE: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 



ItalianCowboy wrote: "Robert" was an error by logisticsoul . . . just like his logic of Goodson being the best back was an error in his post. Very laughable !

Yeah, that was what I was hinting at......:)
"If you build it, they will come!" ty TBP
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/2/2010 11:40 AM

Re: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 



Throwdest wrote: True Freshmen:

Joseph Randle


vs.

Roy Finch



RUSHING              GP  Att Gain Loss  Net   Avg  TD Long Avg/G
-------------------------------------------------- --------------
Randle, Joseph 8 57 311 1 310 5.4 1 39 38.8
 Finch,Roy               3   35  213    3  210   6.0   0   17  70.0



RECEIVING            GP  No.  Yds   Avg  TD Long Avg/G
-------------------------------------------------- ----
Randle, Joseph 8 19 250 13.2 1 38 31.2
Finch,Roy 3 6 39 6.5 0 16 13.0

KICK RETURNS          No.  Yds   Avg TD Long
--------------------------------------------
Randle, Joseph 11 260 23.6 0 40
Finch, Roy                            N/A








But yet, I still hear about Finch ad-nauseum.  It's alright though.  Winning cures all.


Go Randle!  Go Pokes!


Beat Baylor!

Thats because Finch plays for the state media's program!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/2/2010 11:47 AM

Re: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 


Before he moved to Florida, Roy played with my son for two years on Edmond North as a freshman and sophomore. Without equivocation, he was the best high school football player I have ever seen. And he is a genuinely great kid who has overcome a lot of challenges. I hate that he's playing for the squats, but I am happy for his success.

_________________________________________

43.7% of all statistics are made up.
      -   Stephen Wright

 

 

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/2/2010 11:53 AM

RE: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 



OSUscoutname wrote:
logisticsoul wrote:
stillH20poke wrote: ou's players will always get more pub. Demarco Murray, Landrey Jones, Ryan Broyles, Roy Finch, etc.  As good as those players are at their position, in each case, I don't think they're the best in their own state.   That said, it is amazing how certain teams, or certain recruits come in with a lot of hype while others don't. It's like Michael Goodson from a few years ago. He was listed as the pre season 1st team running back three straight years but in those three years got outgained by three Cowboy running backs Freshman year (D. Savage and K. Toston outrushed him and then a young Kendall Hunter.
Goodson was the best RB in the league, stats aside.  His coach didnt give him the ball enough and he had a few injuries too, but he was the best no doubt.  Just like this year, Robert Thomas isnt have a great year stat wise, but he is the best NFL prospect in the conference at RB.  Same thing for David Sims from Iowa State playing safety and the LT at Colorado.
My favorite part about this statement is that we are somehow supposed to just say "Best NFL prospect, that settles everything."  Last I checked I don't care about the NFL in the slightest.  So while I care about college football, I think I'll base my "who's the best..." arguments on college football.

Based on college football, Goodson never accomplished anything.
I think, if I'm NOT mistaken, this is a "college" message board
not the NFL

Goodson averaged 4.5 ypc his last two years. not exactly lighting the world afire, but decent
those are Demarco-type numbers
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/2/2010 2:04 PM

RE: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 


Wait, your referring to the preseason 1st team running back?  how could he not even be the best on his team?  oh wait, they both wear ou helmets...I think I'm starting to get it.
wyzone wrote: What is hilarious is that the gooners are all talking how Finch is better than Murray, so I think they know Hunter is better.......
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/2/2010 2:06 PM

RE: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 



cubs0729 wrote: Wait, your referring to the preseason 1st team running back?  how could he not even be the best on his team?  oh wait, they both wear ou helmets...I think I'm starting to get it.
wyzone wrote: What is hilarious is that the gooners are all talking how Finch is better than Murray, so I think they know Hunter is better.......

Tried to tell tham that demarko murry was not as great as they claimed he was...a decent back that catches the ball better than he runs it.  He would be 3rd back at oSu
Reply | Quote
  • ACinKC
  • HS Blue Chip
  • 165 posts this site

Posted: 11/2/2010 2:54 PM

RE: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 



patentwilk wrote: Randle is not the OSU version of Finch. Randle is not going to be scat back. He's going to be more of the Reggie Bush-type.
LOL! Reggie Bush was a scat back.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/2/2010 4:36 PM

RE: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 



AggieTruth wrote:
cubs0729 wrote: Wait, your referring to the preseason 1st team running back?  how could he not even be the best on his team?  oh wait, they both wear ou helmets...I think I'm starting to get it.
wyzone wrote: What is hilarious is that the gooners are all talking how Finch is better than Murray, so I think they know Hunter is better.......

Tried to tell tham that demarko murry was not as great as they claimed he was...a decent back that catches the ball better than he runs it.  He would be 3rd back at oSu
Wow? Do you really believe that?  Demarco is having a great season despite the fact that the OU O-Line couldn't open a a running lane  on me and three friends.

I am not going to get into a "which RB is better" debate because Demarco and Kendall are two different type of runners with two different type of Lines in two different type of Offenses.  Hunter is a stud and should garner more respect from the National Media.  Murray has probably received more than he should, but he is still a key part of OU's offense and is probably the best all purpose back in OU's history.

To an extent it is the same with Finch and Randle.  As long as they can avoid injuries i think they both have a lot of success ahead of them.  Both can do it all.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/2/2010 4:43 PM

RE: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 



OUJayhawk1799 wrote:
AggieTruth wrote:
cubs0729 wrote: Wait, your referring to the preseason 1st team running back?  how could he not even be the best on his team?  oh wait, they both wear ou helmets...I think I'm starting to get it.
wyzone wrote: What is hilarious is that the gooners are all talking how Finch is better than Murray, so I think they know Hunter is better.......

Tried to tell tham that demarko murry was not as great as they claimed he was...a decent back that catches the ball better than he runs it.  He would be 3rd back at oSu
Wow? Do you really believe that?  Demarco is having a great season despite the fact that the OU O-Line couldn't open a a running lane  on me and three friends.

I am not going to get into a "which RB is better" debate because Demarco and Kendall are two different type of runners with two different type of Lines in two different type of Offenses.  Hunter is a stud and should garner more respect from the National Media.  Murray has probably received more than he should, but he is still a key part of OU's offense and is probably the best all purpose back in OU's history.

To an extent it is the same with Finch and Randle.  As long as they can avoid injuries i think they both have a lot of success ahead of them.  Both can do it all.
Murray has never been the best back on his own team.  This year, the freshman is better, the last two years, the other back was better.  Now, you say it's the O-line's fault?  You need to put down your 1985 nat champ hat, it's cut off the sirculation to you last two remaining brain cells.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/2/2010 4:54 PM

RE: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 


It always makes me laugh when people say, you can't compare because they are different types. As if one is rushing the football and the other is playing tennis.
Our two party system is a bowl of poopy (edit) looking in the mirror at itself.
-Lewis Black
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/2/2010 5:03 PM

RE: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 



Ashlandflash wrote:
OUJayhawk1799 wrote:
AggieTruth wrote:
cubs0729 wrote: Wait, your referring to the preseason 1st team running back?  how could he not even be the best on his team?  oh wait, they both wear ou helmets...I think I'm starting to get it.
wyzone wrote: What is hilarious is that the gooners are all talking how Finch is better than Murray, so I think they know Hunter is better.......

Tried to tell tham that demarko murry was not as great as they claimed he was...a decent back that catches the ball better than he runs it.  He would be 3rd back at oSu
Wow? Do you really believe that?  Demarco is having a great season despite the fact that the OU O-Line couldn't open a a running lane  on me and three friends.

I am not going to get into a "which RB is better" debate because Demarco and Kendall are two different type of runners with two different type of Lines in two different type of Offenses.  Hunter is a stud and should garner more respect from the National Media.  Murray has probably received more than he should, but he is still a key part of OU's offense and is probably the best all purpose back in OU's history.

To an extent it is the same with Finch and Randle.  As long as they can avoid injuries i think they both have a lot of success ahead of them.  Both can do it all.
Murray has never been the best back on his own team.  This year, the freshman is better, the last two years, the other back was better.  Now, you say it's the O-line's fault?  You need to put down your 1985 nat champ hat, it's cut off the sirculation to you last two remaining brain cells.
I was 6 then, but i do need to get one of those hats.  His stats say he is the best RB we have, which is generally the same basis you all use to prop up Kendall.  The O-Line has not opened up any holes for two years, hence his numbers have gone down. 

Do you consider Emmit Smith a better RB than Barry Sanders?  According to the stats Emmit is better as he is the NFL's all time leading rusher.  I tend to think he got more yards because he had a pretty good O-Line, but obviously he was just flat out better.

Again, Murray is probably the best All Purpose back in OU history.  He also holds the OU record for TD's so he is obviously doing something right.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/2/2010 5:12 PM

RE: Joseph Randle vs. Roy Finch 



OSUscoutname wrote: It always makes me laugh when people say, you can't compare because they are different types. As if one is rushing the football and the other is playing tennis.
Do you think Barry Sanders was the same type of running back as Mike Alstott? 

Would you try to get Alstott the ball in space so he can showcase his speed or would you typically hand him the ball on 3rd and 1 hoping he can pick up the first down.

I am not trying to direct this just at you because I do agree with you to a certain extent, but I also think that type of offense, type of O-Line, and the type of runner can seriously effect some stats.

How many 1 yard TD's does a player score.  At the end of the day, that 1 yard td also goes as a 1 yard rush which probably hurts their average.  How many carries did the RB get in the 4th quarter when a team is running out the clock? etc.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 6  Next >