Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (2 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 10  Next >

RE: Women's Soccer (5-6, 0-2) 9/27 Miami 7pm

Avatar

Posted: 9/27/2012 8:17 AM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-6, 0-2) 9/27 Miami 7pm 


NC State hosts Miami Thursday on ESPN3 in Critical ACC Matchup

Two of the last three meetings between the Pack and 'Canes have resulted in 1-1 draws

Match #12: NC State (5-6, 0-2 ACC) vs. Miami (5-4-1, 0-2-0 ACC)
When: 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 27
Where: Raleigh, N.C. (Dail Soccer Field)
All-time Series Record: Tied 3-3-2

TV: ESPN3


www.gopack.com/sports/w-soccer.../092612aaa.html

FB prediction (2010) 3-9, 1-7 (2011) 5-7, 2-6 (2012) 7-5, 4-4, (2013) 7-5, 4-4
MBB prediction: (2010-11) 21-9,10-6 (2011-12) 19-12, 7-9 (2012-13) 24-7,12-6


Reply | Quote

Posted: 9/27/2012 7:56 PM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-6, 0-2) 9/27 Miami 7pm espn3 


PackWSoccer ‏@PackWSoccer
Halftime in Raleigh: Scoreless between NC State and Miami. Hopkins busy by making seven saves in the opening half #gopack #beattheU
Reply | Quote

Posted: 9/27/2012 8:35 PM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-6, 0-2) 9/27 Miami 7pm espn3 


Does anybody follow this team that much?  I admit that I don't, but watching tonight we look awful, and Miami isn't that good.  We can't pass, aren't aggressive...

How's Springthorp?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 9/27/2012 8:45 PM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-6, 0-2) 9/27 Miami 7pm espn3 


Slow, lazy, stupid defense allows Miami to score with 10 minutes left.

1-0 Miami
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 9/27/2012 8:55 PM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-6, 0-2) 9/27 Miami 7pm espn3 


Miami now up 2-0 at 88'

Last edited 9/27/2012 8:56 PM by loneycafe

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 9/27/2012 8:56 PM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-6, 0-2) 9/27 Miami 7pm espn3 


oh no ... we suck again!
DDB

"<wralsports> we cover unc/state the same way".
"<FOXsport> 187 you have a gutter mouth and no class"



Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 9/30/2012 10:24 PM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-6, 0-2) 9/27 Miami 7pm espn3 


State falls to No. 1 Florida State 2-0

www.gopack.com/sports/w-soccer.../093012aab.html
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/1/2012 1:48 PM

Re: Women's Soccer (5-2, 0-0) W3-1 App St 



packmanncsu wrote: Looks like Springthorpe may have what it takes after all.  I guess the true test will be once ACC play starts.  Congrats to the team on winning 5 straight!  Beating Texas and LSU on the road may have been the confidence boost they needed.
Nevermind.  Looks like the ACC preview was and will be correct.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/8/2012 8:01 AM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-9, 0-5) 10/11 Duke 7pm espn3 


Shaw Makes 17 saves in 3-0 loss to Maryland

Freshman Madison Shaw comes within two of school record in first career start

www.gopack.com/sports/w-soccer.../100712aaa.html

NC State hosts Duke on Thursday at 7 p.m., on ESPN3.

FB prediction (2010) 3-9, 1-7 (2011) 5-7, 2-6 (2012) 7-5, 4-4, (2013) 7-5, 4-4
MBB prediction: (2010-11) 21-9,10-6 (2011-12) 19-12, 7-9 (2012-13) 24-7,12-6


Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/8/2012 10:42 AM

Re: Women's Soccer (5-9, 0-5) 10/11 Duke 7pm espn3 


Watched some of this game yesterday.  The score could have actually been 10-0 Maryland if not for an almost superhuman effort from Shaw.  We looked so small, slow, and non-aggressive in comparison to the Terps.  Don't know how much time Debbie is going to give the Springster.  What is this year 4?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/8/2012 10:47 AM

Re: Women's Soccer (5-9, 0-5) 10/11 Duke 7pm espn3 



WickedMojo wrote:  Don't know how much time Debbie is going to give the Springster.  What is this year 4?
yes, this is season 4

FB prediction (2010) 3-9, 1-7 (2011) 5-7, 2-6 (2012) 7-5, 4-4, (2013) 7-5, 4-4
MBB prediction: (2010-11) 21-9,10-6 (2011-12) 19-12, 7-9 (2012-13) 24-7,12-6


Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/8/2012 11:47 AM

Re: Women's Soccer (5-9, 0-5) 10/11 Duke 7pm espn3 


This guy (Springthorpe, I mean) is a dead man walking.  Barring miraculous run through the ACC tourney...


There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation.
     --HERBERT SPENCER

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/10/2012 6:31 PM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-9, 0-5) 10/11 Duke 7pm espn3 


Match #15: NC State (5-9, 0-5 ACC) vs. Duke (10-3-1, 4-2-1 ACC)
When: 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 11
Where: Raleigh, N.C. (Dail Soccer Field)
All-time Series Record: Duke leads 17-10-1

TV: ESPN3

www.gopack.com/sports/w-soccer.../101012aaa.html

FB prediction (2010) 3-9, 1-7 (2011) 5-7, 2-6 (2012) 7-5, 4-4, (2013) 7-5, 4-4
MBB prediction: (2010-11) 21-9,10-6 (2011-12) 19-12, 7-9 (2012-13) 24-7,12-6


Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/10/2012 6:33 PM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-6, 0-2) 9/27 Miami 7pm espn3 



packcoach wrote: Does anybody follow this team that much?  I admit that I don't, but watching tonight we look awful, and Miami isn't that good.  We can't pass, aren't aggressive...

How's Springthorp?

Was following them and going to some games...til I was randomly blocked by their twitter account. Springthorpe isn't a consistant coach..and from what I have heard they do not like him very much
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/10/2012 6:35 PM

Re: Women's Soccer (5-9, 0-5) 10/11 Duke 7pm espn3 



WickedMojo wrote: Watched some of this game yesterday.  The score could have actually been 10-0 Maryland if not for an almost superhuman effort from Shaw.  We looked so small, slow, and non-aggressive in comparison to the Terps.  Don't know how much time Debbie is going to give the Springster.  What is this year 4?

Krauser is the only aggresive player..when she came in was when we actually came alive. Maryland had some dirty players...lots of physical and somewhat cheap plays...we need some tough girls to play just as physical. Sad thing is Maryland is super young to...just has a much better coach
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/11/2012 7:49 PM

Re: Women's Soccer (5-9, 0-5) 10/11 Duke 7pm espn3 


Duke scores, up 1-0, about 38 minutes into first half.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/11/2012 8:17 PM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-9, 0-5) 10/11 Duke 7pm espn3 


Forgive me for my ignorance, but was this Debbie's hire? Or was that men's soccer? If so, hows that turning out?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/11/2012 8:30 PM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-9, 0-5) 10/11 Duke 7pm espn3 



abcfan2005 wrote: Forgive me for my ignorance, but was this Debbie's hire? Or was that men's soccer? If so, hows that turning out?
Springthorpe was one of Jed's last hires, from Fresno State.  Deb hired Kelly Findley from Butler for the men's team.  This is his 2nd season, first year the record was 7-11-2 with a good amount of youth.  Current record for this season is 7-6-0 with 6 games remaining, 0-4 vs. the ACC and 4 out of last 6 vs. ACC.

Edited:  For some reason I want to call him Stringthorpe every time I post something about him, I needed to swap Fresno State for San Diego St, and Butler for Akron.  Damn, this whole post was spot on.

Last edited 10/11/2012 8:53 PM by packmanncsu

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/11/2012 8:43 PM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-9, 0-5) 10/11 Duke 7pm espn3 


Duke scores again, up 2-0. About 15 minutes left.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/11/2012 8:44 PM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-9, 0-5) 10/11 Duke 7pm espn3 


Don't want to stay to far from topic, but what is the general thought on how Findley has done?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/11/2012 8:47 PM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-9, 0-5) 10/11 Duke 7pm espn3 


The team has no ground passing game, most passes are through the air and off target, forwards tend to dribble in stead of passing first, this is bad coaching.

Last edited 10/11/2012 8:48 PM by carypak

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/11/2012 8:48 PM

Re: Women's Soccer (5-9, 0-5) 10/11 Duke 7pm espn3 



89Gradv2 wrote: This guy (Springthorpe, I mean) is a dead man walking.  Barring miraculous run through the ACC tourney...
Since you brought it up, I might as well throw out an endorsement for a possible replacement:  Marty Beall, HPU.  I'm sure Deb may have her sights set a little higher than the Big South, but he'ss a good coach, his players love to play for him, and he wears a suit and tie on the sidelines.
Reply | Quote
  • Jo2g5
  • Noob
  • 60 posts this site

Posted: 10/11/2012 8:49 PM

Re: Women's Soccer (5-9, 0-5) 10/11 Duke 7pm espn3 


I think Findley is from Butler not Akron.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/11/2012 8:52 PM

Re: Women's Soccer (5-9, 0-5) 10/11 Duke 7pm espn3 



Jo2g5 wrote: I think Findley is from Butler not Akron.

You're right, it was Butler.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/11/2012 8:57 PM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-9, 0-5) 10/11 Duke 7pm espn3 



abcfan2005 wrote: Don't want to stay to far from topic, but what is the general thought on how Findley has done?

Well it's his 2nd season and he had Butler ranked in the top 5.  He's matched the win total from last season with 6 games to go.  Unfortunately for the men and women, the ACC is one of the better soccer conferences in the country, so it can be difficult to really get a good footing and things moving in the right direction.  Having said that, the men are beating the teams they are supposed to beat (much more often than not) and he's playing the ACC close.  Personally it appears he has the team headed in the right direction, but those that know more about soccer strategy and game play would probably give you better details if that's what you're really asking about.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/11/2012 8:58 PM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-9, 0-5) 10/11 Duke 7pm espn3 



carypak wrote: The team has no ground passing game, most passes are through the air and off target, forwards tend to dribble in stead of passing first, this is bad coaching.
Are you speaking of the women's team or the men's team?  I'm guessing the women's team, but the quoted post came in after a couple of posts about the men's team/coach.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/11/2012 11:33 PM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-9, 0-5) 10/11 Duke 7pm espn3 



packmanncsu wrote:
carypak wrote: The team has no ground passing game, most passes are through the air and off target, forwards tend to dribble in stead of passing first, this is bad coaching.
Are you speaking of the women's team or the men's team?  I'm guessing the women's team, but the quoted post came in after a couple of posts about the men's team/coach.
Both teams have similar problems, poor ground pass games, less ball control, coaches have to press hard to players to possess the ball, players have to be skillful and confident to do that. Just my opinion.

Last edited 10/11/2012 11:35 PM by carypak

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/12/2012 7:43 AM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-10, 0-6) 10/14 @ Boston College 


NC State lost 3-0 to No. 5 Duke in Atlantic Coast Conference women's soccer action Thursday night from Dail Soccer Field.

www.gopack.com/sports/w-soccer.../101112aab.html

NC State hits the road for the next three games, beginning with Boston College on Sunday at 1 p.m.

FB prediction (2010) 3-9, 1-7 (2011) 5-7, 2-6 (2012) 7-5, 4-4, (2013) 7-5, 4-4
MBB prediction: (2010-11) 21-9,10-6 (2011-12) 19-12, 7-9 (2012-13) 24-7,12-6


Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/12/2012 10:14 AM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-4, 0-1) 9/16 #9/7 Virginia Tech 


From the N&O game story today:

"N.C. State (5-10, 0-6), meanwhile, dropped its eighth straight match and hasn’t scored against ACC competition. The Pack has managed only one goal during its past seven matches"

Dead man walking.

AllStatealltheTime wrote: we will score...they are getting fantastic chances...been a lot of bad luck with near misses and crossbars...eventually some of those will go in


89Gradv2 wrote:
RemoteExploit wrote: State 0 - 3 VT 78'

State 0 - 3 VT Final
So...we've evolved from wondering whether NC State will WIN an ACC match to wondering if NC State will SCORE in an ACC match...that's two games and two shutouts.


There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation.
     --HERBERT SPENCER

Last edited 10/12/2012 10:16 AM by 89Gradv2

Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/12/2012 4:16 PM

RE: Women's Soccer (5-4, 0-1) 9/16 #9/7 Virginia Tech 



89Gradv2 wrote: From the N&O game story today:

"N.C. State (5-10, 0-6), meanwhile, dropped its eighth straight match and hasn’t scored against ACC competition. The Pack has managed only one goal during its past seven matches"

Dead man walking.

AllStatealltheTime wrote: we will score...they are getting fantastic chances...been a lot of bad luck with near misses and crossbars...eventually some of those will go in


89Gradv2 wrote:
RemoteExploit wrote: State 0 - 3 VT 78'

State 0 - 3 VT Final
So...we've evolved from wondering whether NC State will WIN an ACC match to wondering if NC State will SCORE in an ACC match...that's two games and two shutouts.

Clemson sucks as hard as we do...that is when we get a goal maybe 2...Krauser most likely. ONly real chance for a win. They are 0-7 in the ACC with only 2 goals total.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 10  Next >