Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (1 fans in chatroom)

Rodon, Turner Named NCBWA Preseason All-America

Avatar

Posted: 12/14/2012 8:36 AM

Rodon, Turner Named NCBWA Preseason All-America 



FB prediction (2010) 3-9, 1-7 (2011) 5-7, 2-6 (2012) 7-5, 4-4, (2013) 7-5, 4-4
MBB prediction: (2010-11) 21-9,10-6 (2011-12) 19-12, 7-9 (2012-13) 24-7,12-6


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/14/2012 8:36 AM

Rodon, Turner Named NCBWA Preseason All-America 



FB prediction (2010) 3-9, 1-7 (2011) 5-7, 2-6 (2012) 7-5, 4-4, (2013) 7-5, 4-4
MBB prediction: (2010-11) 21-9,10-6 (2011-12) 19-12, 7-9 (2012-13) 24-7,12-6


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/14/2012 9:37 AM

RE: Rodon, Turner Named NCBWA Preseason All-America 


ready to see what these two young men can do this year!!!
Reply | Quote
  • DaWooluf
  • Still a Noob
  • 496 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/14/2012 10:01 AM

RE: Rodon, Turner Named NCBWA Preseason All-America 


I'd still like to see Turner put on some pounds and try catching passes. Man, that guy is fast!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/14/2012 10:41 AM

Re: Rodon, Turner Named NCBWA Preseason All-America 


Two great players on a team with lots of young talent.
The future is now.

"Every single day, in every walk of life, ordinary people do extraordinary things.!!"

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/14/2012 11:19 AM

RE: Rodon, Turner Named NCBWA Preseason All-America 


Can't wait for baseball season. It could be a special year.


Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect. -- Margaret Mitchell.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/14/2012 11:21 AM

RE: Rodon, Turner Named NCBWA Preseason All-America 


definitely
LETTERL wrote: Can't wait for baseball season. It could be a special year.

__________________________________________________________
I would rather have a daughter in a cathouse than a son at Carolina!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/14/2012 11:24 AM

RE: Rodon, Turner Named NCBWA Preseason All-America 


Hopefully I will be making my first ever trip to Omaha this year.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/14/2012 12:05 PM

RE: Rodon, Turner Named NCBWA Preseason All-America 


I'm very much looking forward to the season and also to see what Rodon can do at the plate this season. Go Pack!!

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/14/2012 12:47 PM

Re: Rodon, Turner Named NCBWA Preseason All-America 


Congrats to Carlos and Trea.  Well deserved honor.

As someone else said, the future is now.  Carlos and Trea are the 2 names that everyone knows and recognizes, but this team is much more than that.  This team has talent and depth almost everywhere.  Will be a fun team to watch.  February can't get here soon enough.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/14/2012 12:57 PM

Re: Rodon, Turner Named NCBWA Preseason All-America 


Well deserved.  I just hope there's not an "Amerson curse" hanging over the school now.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/14/2012 5:03 PM

RE: Rodon, Turner Named NCBWA Preseason All-America 


I'm enjoying basketball season, and can't wait for ACC play to start, but I'm equally as ready for baseball this year. We should be pretty friggin' good. Shift Turner to SS to fill in for Diaz, find a 3B, and Brett Williams will return from injury to take Ryan Matthews spot in RF. If there was ever a year where we were going to make it to Omaha, this is it.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/14/2012 5:10 PM

Re: Rodon, Turner Named NCBWA Preseason All-America 


I REALLY want a CWS trip by this group this season. They have the pieces to pull it off. Congrats to Rodon and Turner on the selections.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/14/2012 5:33 PM

RE: Rodon, Turner Named NCBWA Preseason All-America 



redwolf2013 wrote: I'm enjoying basketball season, and can't wait for ACC play to start, but I'm equally as ready for baseball this year. We should be pretty friggin' good. Shift Turner to SS to fill in for Diaz, find a 3B, and Brett Williams will return from injury to take Ryan Matthews spot in RF. If there was ever a year where we were going to make it to Omaha, this is it.
Great post.  Plenty of option to replace those 2 guys, even if Brett does not return to old form.  Brett Austin saw some time in RF last year and I imagine he could be an option out there this year too.  Plenty of depth in corner outfield spots.  Need someone to step up at 3rd whether that is Clyde, Armstrong, Ratledge, or someone else.  Man just talking about it has me excited.  Expectation should be to host a regional with a goal of a national seed this year imo.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/23/2012 2:35 PM

Rodon, Turner Named Louisville Slugger First Team All-America 



FB prediction (2010) 3-9, 1-7 (2011) 5-7, 2-6 (2012) 7-5, 4-4, (2013) 7-5, 4-4
MBB prediction: (2010-11) 21-9,10-6 (2011-12) 19-12, 7-9 (2012-13) 24-7,12-6


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/23/2012 2:44 PM

Re: Rodon, Turner Named Louisville Slugger First Team 


Gonna be a fun year.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/23/2012 3:27 PM

RE: Rodon, Turner Named Louisville Slugger First Team All-Americ 


Deservedly so. Can't wait to go to some baseball games.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/23/2012 8:12 PM

RE: Rodon, Turner Named Louisville Slugger First Team All-Americ 


Any truth to Dany Canella not being on the team any more? Would be a big loss to our lineup.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/23/2012 8:39 PM

RE: Rodon, Turner Named Louisville Slugger First Team All-Americ 



BackThePack7483 wrote: Any truth to Dany Canella not being on the team any more? Would be a big loss to our lineup.
from ranking topic


ncst8coach wrote: Academics

---------------------------------------------
--- Pack11 wrote:


jds0881 wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- wolfman82 wrote:

Question for those in the know...are the Pack 9 deserving of such a lofty ranking at the time? I know we've got the stud freshmen coming back...but I also know we lost some senior bats. What say ye?

---------------------------------------------

We are going to win a lot of games this year. The only bat we are looking to replace is Matthews and Diaz. There are plenty of guys ready to take over for them.

Unfortunately need to add Canela to that list.

---------------------------------------------

FB prediction (2010) 3-9, 1-7 (2011) 5-7, 2-6 (2012) 7-5, 4-4, (2013) 7-5, 4-4
MBB prediction: (2010-11) 21-9,10-6 (2011-12) 19-12, 7-9 (2012-13) 24-7,12-6


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/24/2012 12:28 AM

RE: Rodon, Turner Named Louisville Slugger First Team All-Americ 


Shoot that will be a big blow. Love his bat.

Can he redshirt and play next year?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/24/2012 3:14 AM

RE: Rodon, Turner Named Louisville Slugger First Team All-Americ 



9mariowilliams90 wrote: Shoot that will be a big blow. Love his bat.

Can he redshirt and play next year?

I'm not sure he's injured, but rather not on the team at all.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/24/2012 7:46 AM

RE: Rodon, Turner Named Louisville Slugger First Team All-Americ 


Damn that is a huge loss for our team. Kid could hit with the best of them and seemed like everyone loved him...I wonder what happened?

---------------------------------------------
--- wolfer79 wrote:


BackThePack7483 wrote: Any truth to Dany Canella not being on the team any more? Would be a big loss to our lineup.
from ranking topic


ncst8coach wrote: Academics

---------------------------------------------
--- Pack11 wrote:


jds0881 wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- wolfman82 wrote:

Question for those in the know...are the Pack 9 deserving of such a lofty ranking at the time? I know we've got the stud freshmen coming back...but I also know we lost some senior bats. What say ye?

---------------------------------------------

We are going to win a lot of games this year. The only bat we are looking to replace is Matthews and Diaz. There are plenty of guys ready to take over for them.

Unfortunately need to add Canela to that list.

---------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/26/2012 11:38 AM

Re: Rodon, Turner Named Louisville Slugger First Team 


Good things are happening in Raleigh for baseball this year.  It's going to be fun to watch and I can't wait.
Reply | Quote