Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

A.J. Barker arrested

Posted: 1/16/2013 12:11 PM

A.J. Barker arrested 


On marijuana charges down in Houston tongue

A Proud Minnesotan to the day I die

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/16/2013 3:01 PM

RE: A.J. Barker arrested 


Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/16/2013 3:40 PM

Re: A.J. Barker arrested 


wow could anyone really see this one coming from such a great outstanding mature man like AJ?

 

really some kids just don't get what they have in front of them; to screw it up on a fun night out?

 

Last edited 1/17/2013 6:58 AM by benthere2

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/16/2013 7:46 PM

RE: A.J. Barker arrested 


Apparently Houston is now denying he ever had a scholarship there or even a spot on the team. WOW! Kid is off his rocker. I hope he gets some help though but man this is a crazy story.
 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/16/2013 9:11 PM

RE: A.J. Barker arrested 


And the AJ drama continues... What's moms best friend say about that?
Buck Obama ...
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/16/2013 9:48 PM

RE: A.J. Barker arrested 


The kid definitely has a screw or two loose.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/16/2013 10:28 PM

RE: A.J. Barker arrested 



gophersturf10 wrote: And the AJ drama continues... What's moms best friend say about that?
He was probably toking with her!

A Proud Minnesotan to the day I die

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/17/2013 6:55 PM

Re: A.J. Barker arrested 


Also a very odd story.  Interesting that he went to Houston without a scholarship or invite to the team.
Shhh..... My Common Sense is Tingling. 
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/22/2013 3:41 PM

Re: A.J. Barker arrested 


Yikes! I'm guessing he doesn't have much football left in him. Seems lake a waste of talent.

"The silent warriors"

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/23/2013 6:25 PM

Re: A.J. Barker arrested 


i feel bad for the guy. 

i made some pretty horrible decisions when i was his age but luckily mine weren't plastered on the front page of the sports page. 

the thought that there are likely dozens of grown men over at GH gloating and finding pleasure in a young, impetuous, possibly unstable person all while twittering at there newest high school football crush is sickening.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/11/2013 2:07 PM

Re: A.J. Barker arrested 



n8russell wrote: i feel bad for the guy. 

i made some pretty horrible decisions when i was his age but luckily mine weren't plastered on the front page of the sports page. 

Hard to feel sorry for him when he posted a 4,000 word manifesto on Tumblr trying to publicize the situation himself.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/11/2013 2:48 PM

Re: A.J. Barker arrested 



n8russell wrote: i feel bad for the guy. 

i made some pretty horrible decisions when i was his age but luckily mine weren't plastered on the front page of the sports page. 

the thought that there are likely dozens of grown men over at GH gloating and finding pleasure in a young, impetuous, possibly unstable person all while twittering at there newest high school football crush is sickening.
We've all made mistakes, but he should know better that as a D1 athlete in a big city, that if he gets caught, it will be news.

A Proud Minnesotan to the day I die

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/11/2013 7:33 PM

Re: A.J. Barker arrested 



beast10 wrote:
n8russell wrote: i feel bad for the guy. 

i made some pretty horrible decisions when i was his age but luckily mine weren't plastered on the front page of the sports page. 

the thought that there are likely dozens of grown men over at GH gloating and finding pleasure in a young, impetuous, possibly unstable person all while twittering at there newest high school football crush is sickening.
We've all made mistakes, but he should know better that as a D1 athlete in a big city, that if he gets caught, it will be news.
to AJ's defense he was not a D1 Athlete at the time of his arrest.  No team has him on their roster and the team he was supposed to be on denied that they had offered him a spot.

so really if a person wanted to they could say that this was a normal college kid that made a mistake and not an athelete.

I feel bad for AJ in that he had a chance to do what Marcus Sherels did.  Walk onto the Uof M and continued to play football at the highest level. 

no so lucky now.  hope he gets his life straightened out.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/14/2013 4:22 PM

Re: A.J. Barker arrested 


I would welcome him back if Kill did...don't really think there is a chance of that though. First, Kill, who likely was became a little embarrassed by this charade would have to reach out, and then secondly, the kid that wrote a huge rant, and made some serious accusations against Kill would have to accept, and then thirdly, the kid would have to follow Kill's rules, which is what this kid was so upset with in the first place.

You have to think now though, that there is finally a lot of regret going through this kids head, even if he won't admit it. He was playing D1 football, in one of the best conferences in all of NCAA, he was the top receiver for that team, it was more than likely that he would have his final year of school paid for, and now...He is resented by much of the fan base in the state that he comes from, he does not have a scholarship, he doesnt even have a team, and now after this arrest, it will be hard to find any school that would take him for football.

I believe he is currently going to school in Houston (not on the team), I could see a D3 or D2 team giving him a scholarship, and him ending up at a place like that.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/15/2013 12:59 PM

Re: A.J. Barker arrested 


Hello University of St. Thomas...
skauma wrote: I would welcome him back if Kill did...don't really think there is a chance of that though. First, Kill, who likely was became a little embarrassed by this charade would have to reach out, and then secondly, the kid that wrote a huge rant, and made some serious accusations against Kill would have to accept, and then thirdly, the kid would have to follow Kill's rules, which is what this kid was so upset with in the first place.

You have to think now though, that there is finally a lot of regret going through this kids head, even if he won't admit it. He was playing D1 football, in one of the best conferences in all of NCAA, he was the top receiver for that team, it was more than likely that he would have his final year of school paid for, and now...He is resented by much of the fan base in the state that he comes from, he does not have a scholarship, he doesnt even have a team, and now after this arrest, it will be hard to find any school that would take him for football.

I believe he is currently going to school in Houston (not on the team), I could see a D3 or D2 team giving him a scholarship, and him ending up at a place like that.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We have forty-four defenses for him, but he has forty-five ways to score. ~Al Attles, on Nate Archibald
Reply | Quote

Posted: 3/13/2013 10:58 PM

Re: A.J. Barker arrested 


So apparently AJ Barker, and Kill had a meeting with each other last week, and AJ is still enrolled at Minnesota...I would take him back, and this would make Kill look great.  AJ quit on the team, very publicly called out Kill, made some serious accusations, makes himself look like a fool, accepts a scholarship from Houston, gets arrested, and after all this, Kill says, come home kid. I am sure there would be some stipulations to him returning, such as him needing to apologize to his team for quitting, and agreeing to do whatever Kill asks him to do, and to take the medical staffs advice...and to not smoke weed.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/13/2013 11:12 PM

Re: A.J. Barker arrested 



skauma wrote: So apparently AJ Barker, and Kill had a meeting with each other last week, and AJ is still enrolled at Minnesota...I would take him back, and this would make Kill look great.  AJ quit on the team, very publicly called out Kill, made some serious accusations, makes himself look like a fool, accepts a scholarship from Houston, gets arrested, and after all this, Kill says, come home kid. I am sure there would be some stipulations to him returning, such as him needing to apologize to his team for quitting, and agreeing to do whatever Kill asks him to do, and to take the medical staffs advice...and to not smoke weed.
Wait, What?  Where you hearing this?
Shhh..... My Common Sense is Tingling. 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 3/13/2013 11:15 PM

Re: A.J. Barker arrested 



Jonas2 wrote:
skauma wrote: So apparently AJ Barker, and Kill had a meeting with each other last week, and AJ is still enrolled at Minnesota...I would take him back, and this would make Kill look great.  AJ quit on the team, very publicly called out Kill, made some serious accusations, makes himself look like a fool, accepts a scholarship from Houston, gets arrested, and after all this, Kill says, come home kid. I am sure there would be some stipulations to him returning, such as him needing to apologize to his team for quitting, and agreeing to do whatever Kill asks him to do, and to take the medical staffs advice...and to not smoke weed.
Wait, What?  Where you hearing this?
unfortunately Gopherhole...from their twitter...

@gopherhole: Making amends? It sounds as if #Gophers HC Jerry Kill and former Gopher WR AJ Barker spent a bit of time together last week.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 3/13/2013 11:18 PM

Re: A.J. Barker arrested 


and this tweet as well...

GopherHole.com @ GopherHole

As a follow up to the apparent meeting between Jerry Kill and AJ Barker, the former WR is apparently still enrolled at # UMN. # Gophers

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/13/2013 11:22 PM

Re: A.J. Barker arrested 


Not sure if I'd really want him back on the team after he went full blast on the coaching staff. Wouldn't be sending the right message.
Shhh..... My Common Sense is Tingling. 
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >