Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

Bielema Leaving Wisconsin?

Avatar

Posted: 12/4/2012 2:08 PM

Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 


Just saw a report that said Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema will accept the vacant coaching position at Arkansas. If true, what say you, Gopher fans?
Reply | Quote
  • joshwa540
  • All Conference
  • 1352 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/4/2012 2:16 PM

Re: Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 


Just saw this too...

If it's true...good riddance.  Once less douche in the conference.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/4/2012 2:23 PM

Re: Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 


What a douchebag and glad to see his candyass leave, but man I think he's making a huge mistake. Seriously, he's built Wisconsin into all it is, even better than what Alvarez ever did and he's just going to throw it all away. 

Maybe we can jump on some Wisconsin commits, especially Brookins. Doubt we get anything out of it, but it never hurts to try.

A Proud Minnesotan to the day I die

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/4/2012 2:31 PM

Re: Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 


There's got to be more to this than what we're seeing right now. Any rumours of sanctions coming down on the BADgers? If so, I haven't heard em. Maybe it's a pure cash deal where the offer was too good to pass up? Wisconsin's set to have a really solid year in 2013. They don't lose all that many players. He's going to get his butt kicked in Arkansas next year. Having said that, I'm glad to see him leave. Seeing that basically all the assistant coaches left last year, it'll be interesting to see who they bring in as HC.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/4/2012 2:36 PM

Re: Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 


Good riddance!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/4/2012 2:48 PM

Re: Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 



GrantErickson wrote: Just saw a report that said Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema will accept the vacant coaching position at Arkansas. If true, what say you, Gopher fans?

would explain why he is using starters in the 4th quarter in a game they had won by 40 points
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/4/2012 2:50 PM

Re: Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 


Remember when a kid decommitted from Wisconsin to play for Urban Meyer, and Burt threw a big fit and said the "Big Ten does not want to act like the SEC..."
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/4/2012 3:03 PM

Re: Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 



joshwa540 wrote: Just saw this too...

If it's true...good riddance.  Once less douche in the conference.

My thoughts exactly. 

But a very puzzling move.  Not very often you see a coach who was hand picked successor leave a school.  Especially in such a lateral move from Wisconsin to Arkansas, I'm sure he'll be getting a bit of a pay raise but it can't be too much of a raise from what he was getting at sconnie.
Shhh..... My Common Sense is Tingling. 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/4/2012 3:08 PM

Re: Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 


More evidence that the Big Ten is going downhill, other than TOSU and Michigan.  Say what you want about him, and I despise him, but he has had more success than any current Big Ten coach over the last 5 years and is jumping ship for a middle to bottom of the pack team in the SEC. 

Bigger stage, more money, far and away better recruiting grounds, etc.  It is really sad what is happening to the Big Ten.  I fear it will not be long before we resemble the Big East.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/4/2012 3:31 PM

Re: Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 


Bret Bielema quote from Feb 2012: I can tell you this. We at the Big Ten don't want to be like the SEC--in any way, shape, or form.


tongue
--------------------------------------------

A PROUD 1%'er
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/4/2012 3:39 PM

Re: Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 


The only bad thing is that they may actually get a good coach now
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/4/2012 4:11 PM

Re: Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 




---------------------------------------------
--- livingat45north wrote:

There's got to be more to this than what we're seeing right now. Any rumours of sanctions coming down on the BADgers? If so, I haven't heard em. Maybe it's a pure cash deal where the offer was too good to pass up? Wisconsin's set to have a really solid year in 2013. They don't lose all that many players. He's going to get his butt kicked in Arkansas next year. Having said that, I'm glad to see him leave. Seeing that basically all the assistant coaches left last year, it'll be interesting to see who they bring in as HC.

---------------------------------------------
None of the asst coaches knew And found out via text. No sanctions just a hefty raise of 2+ million a year
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/4/2012 5:09 PM

Re: Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 


Unfortunately, I think this is good for Wisconsin.  I think they have won despite BB, not because of him.  He inherited the empire that BA built and had great assistant coaches until they all took off on him.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/4/2012 6:20 PM

Re: Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 


i may be in the minority, but i want wisconsin to be a strong team. i hate wisconsin but i would rather the gophers build a winner and have the minnesota wisconsin game to be one of the biggest game of the year nationwide.

burt, the coach of the big ten champion that is headed to pasedena, leaving for a middle of the road sec team is not good at all. for the gophers, for wisconsin or for the big ten.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/4/2012 6:56 PM

Re: Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 



n8russell wrote: 

burt, the coach of the big ten champion that is headed to pasedena, leaving for a middle of the road sec team is not good at all. for the gophers, for wisconsin or for the big ten.
That's what really stings. The Big Ten continues to free fall day after day and I don't see an end in sight. It's sad to see it happen to the country's premiere athletic conference.

A Proud Minnesotan to the day I die

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/4/2012 8:39 PM

Re: Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 



n8russell wrote: i may be in the minority, but i want wisconsin to be a strong team. i hate wisconsin but i would rather the gophers build a winner and have the minnesota wisconsin game to be one of the biggest game of the year nationwide.

burt, the coach of the big ten champion that is headed to pasedena, leaving for a middle of the road sec team is not good at all. for the gophers, for wisconsin or for the big ten.
Agree with you on this one N8, would be nice to have the Gophers and Badgers meet for the Big ten championship every year with the Gophers winning of course.  I am tired of it Being OSU and Michigan and would like to see the momentum switch to the west.

Also glad to see Bielema leaving, not because he was a good or bad coach, just because he is a big A$$.

Last edited 12/4/2012 8:42 PM by lorenjen

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/4/2012 9:03 PM

Re: Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 



lorenjen wrote:
n8russell wrote: i may be in the minority, but i want wisconsin to be a strong team. i hate wisconsin but i would rather the gophers build a winner and have the minnesota wisconsin game to be one of the biggest game of the year nationwide.

burt, the coach of the big ten champion that is headed to pasedena, leaving for a middle of the road sec team is not good at all. for the gophers, for wisconsin or for the big ten.
Agree with you on this one N8, would be nice to have the Gophers and Badgers meet for the Big ten championship every year with the Gophers winning of course.  I am tired of it Being OSU and Michigan and would like to see the momentum switch to the west.

Also glad to see Bielema leaving, not because he was a good or bad coach, just because he is a big A$$.
I cant really sum it up better than this.  but i also agree for the Big ten this is bad.  first a 3rd place team beat the other divisional winner (by a lot) and then he skips town for another conference.  Barry must really be proud of his ahand picked guy to get a great offer like Arkansas.

I also hope for a new swing in power in the big ten not just because i am tired of the big 3-4 but rather It has been a long time since anyone else was relevant.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/4/2012 10:00 PM

Re: Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 


Not sure I am tracking this logic but I am going to play along

So Meyer who could have any job in any conf, who is competitive as s&@$:t decided to take a job in the crumbling BIG10

Hmmmmm
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/4/2012 11:56 PM

Re: Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 



gophersgolden1 wrote: Not sure I am tracking this logic but I am going to play along

So Meyer who could have any job in any conf, who is competitive as s&@$:t decided to take a job in the crumbling BIG10

Hmmmmm
I think for Urban it had less to do with the conference, and more to do with the team. tO$U is one of those dream job type schools for a coach...USC, Michigan, Notre Dame, tO$U...those teams are ones that will always be a the "dream job" type situation for a coach.

For burt though, I really don't understand why he left. Wisconsin is quite possibly in the glory day point of their history, and while they didnt deserve the last two championships, they have still been one of (I would say) the ten most relevant teams in the country the last 6 or so years.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/5/2012 8:27 AM

Re: Bielema Leaving Wisconsin? 



Goldy93 wrote: More evidence that the Big Ten is going downhill, other than TOSU and Michigan.  Say what you want about him, and I despise him, but he has had more success than any current Big Ten coach over the last 5 years and is jumping ship for a middle to bottom of the pack team in the SEC. 

Bigger stage, more money, far and away better recruiting grounds, etc.  It is really sad what is happening to the Big Ten.  I fear it will not be long before we resemble the Big East.
This pretty much sums up what I was saying yesterday.  This is not good for the Big Ten anyway you look at it....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/n...Y3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >