Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!!

Avatar

Posted: 1/20/2013 1:18 PM

Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 


There is no reason the OU games yesterday should not have been a sell out.

There certainly is no reason the KU game is not sold out.

Manhattan and Riley County take KSU for granted.  Shame on them

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/20/2013 1:26 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 


You must be f'ing kidding me if you don't think this community doesn't support this University............ You sir are an IDIOT...............eek1
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/20/2013 1:29 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 


Gotta give you credit WE, you're persistent.

                           

Last edited 1/20/2013 1:29 PM by WildWillieCat

Reply | Quote
  • grrcat
  • Member
  • 4018 posts this site

Posted: 1/20/2013 1:29 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 


Wildcat engineer has been on this toot for years, don't know what started his hate on Manhattan. eek1
Howie43 wrote: You must be f'ing kidding me if you don't think this community doesn't support this University............ You sir are an IDIOT...............eek1
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/20/2013 1:33 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 


I have lived here for 26 years and the love and support for KSU from the area has always been great........How long have you lived here WE????????
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/20/2013 2:49 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 


KSU fans support their program well. That doesn't excuse not selling out the OU and KU games. I realize not all State fans are sold on Weber but a chance to beat Kruger and KU should be all the incentive needed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/20/2013 2:54 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 



Howie43 wrote: I have lived here for 26 years and the love and support for KSU from the area has always been great........How long have you lived here WE????????

I do not live in Manhattan.  I live in Kansas City.

In your opinion what has Riley County or Manhattan done for KSU?   Please name ANYTHING your community has done to support KSU.

Yesterday was the perfect example of how you take KSU for granted.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/20/2013 2:58 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 



grrcat wrote: Wildcat engineer has been on this toot for years, don't know what started his hate on Manhattan. eek1
Howie43 wrote: You must be f'ing kidding me if you don't think this community doesn't support this University............ You sir are an IDIOT...............eek1
My start was Toiton Field.  Manhattan left Coach Clark and the KSU Baseball team play an entire season on the road.  They never offered to help in the rebuild of Toiton.  But they sure use it now for Tournaments.

Manhattan and Riley County never lift a finger to help KSU.  They wait on the Alumni to fund everything.  They have not helped in the Equine Complex.  They will not buy tickets to support the MBB program.

Manhattan and Riley County take KSU for granted.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/20/2013 3:03 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 




---------------------------------------------
--- WildcatEngineer wrote:

There is no reason the OU games yesterday should not have been a sell out.

There certainly is no reason the KU game is not sold out.

Manhattan and Riley County take KSU for granted.  Shame on them



---------------------------------------------

I agree we need to support both of our basketball programs better. We have an excellent basketball team folks. Support em! EMAW!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/20/2013 3:22 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 



WildcatEngineer wrote:

There is no reason the OU games yesterday should not have been a sell out.

There certainly is no reason the KU game is not sold out.

Manhattan and Riley County take KSU for granted.  Shame on them

Ummm - the official box score showed the attendance for OU to be 12528. If there were a couple hundred empty seats, you do realize that KSU classes don't start until Jan. 22, right?

Manhattan and Riley County certainly do *not* take KSU for granted IMHO, but I'd also say that many in the state legislature do . . .
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/20/2013 3:57 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 


LOL at thinking the attendance at a KSU bball game is an accurate indicator of whether or not Manhattan supports ksu.

Do you forget the awesome attendance that Kansas City had for both games against ISU in Arrow Head, how about IUPUI at the Sprint Center a few years ago? Maybe 5000 people showed up!

Your quest to badmouth Manhattan is getting old....
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/20/2013 4:26 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 



gocats1978 wrote: LOL at thinking the attendance at a KSU bball game is an accurate indicator of whether or not Manhattan supports ksu.

Do you forget the awesome attendance that Kansas City had for both games against ISU in Arrow Head, how about IUPUI at the Sprint Center a few years ago? Maybe 5000 people showed up!

Your quest to badmouth Manhattan is getting old....
It is a PERFECT indicator that Manhattan and Riley County do not support KSU.

Here is the flaw to your KC comparison

- The attendance at Arrowhead for Farmagedon was approximately the same as it would have been in either Manhattan or Ames. 
- The lowest attendance for a KSU event in the Sprint Center was approximatley 10,000.  
- KC does not need KSU.  KSU needs KC.
- I will trump all your KC attendance with the new Olathe KSU Campus.  The people of Kansas City put their tax dollars up to support KSU.

Hell KSU's "Cats With Cans" gives more to the Manhattan Community, than what Manhattan gives to KSU.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/20/2013 4:31 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 


WE if you do not live in Manhattan I suggest you shut your mouth............For your info the empty seats yesterday were due to the season ticket holders not showing up.........How you ask do I know that??????? I walked up to buy tickets before tip and there were none to be had............How may games have you attended this season???????? Are you a season ticket holder that does not attend all the games??????? Maybe your a closet K-Who fan and would rather attend their amazing facility, you certainly sound like you would fit in there.........As a citizen of Manhattan and Riley Co. you sir can suck it. I know more than enough people here that attend every game and if they are unable to attend they give their tickets to people that can.............
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/20/2013 4:50 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 


popcorn.gif
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/20/2013 5:45 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 



WildcatEngineer wrote:
gocats1978 wrote: LOL at thinking the attendance at a KSU bball game is an accurate indicator of whether or not Manhattan supports ksu.

Do you forget the awesome attendance that Kansas City had for both games against ISU in Arrow Head, how about IUPUI at the Sprint Center a few years ago? Maybe 5000 people showed up!

Your quest to badmouth Manhattan is getting old....
It is a PERFECT indicator that Manhattan and Riley County do not support KSU.

Here is the flaw to your KC comparison

- The attendance at Arrowhead for Farmagedon was approximately the same as it would have been in either Manhattan or Ames. 
- The lowest attendance for a KSU event in the Sprint Center was approximatley 10,000.  
- KC does not need KSU.  KSU needs KC.
- I will trump all your KC attendance with the new Olathe KSU Campus.  The people of Kansas City put their tax dollars up to support KSU.

Hell KSU's "Cats With Cans" gives more to the Manhattan Community, than what Manhattan gives to KSU.
Ummm, again . . .

You also must have forgotten about the City/University Special Projects Fund Committee . . .

http://www.ci.manhattan.ks.us/index.aspx?NID=469
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/20/2013 6:01 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 



catalystII wrote:
WildcatEngineer wrote:
gocats1978 wrote: LOL at thinking the attendance at a KSU bball game is an accurate indicator of whether or not Manhattan supports ksu.

Do you forget the awesome attendance that Kansas City had for both games against ISU in Arrow Head, how about IUPUI at the Sprint Center a few years ago? Maybe 5000 people showed up!

Your quest to badmouth Manhattan is getting old....
It is a PERFECT indicator that Manhattan and Riley County do not support KSU.

Here is the flaw to your KC comparison

- The attendance at Arrowhead for Farmagedon was approximately the same as it would have been in either Manhattan or Ames. 
- The lowest attendance for a KSU event in the Sprint Center was approximatley 10,000.  
- KC does not need KSU.  KSU needs KC.
- I will trump all your KC attendance with the new Olathe KSU Campus.  The people of Kansas City put their tax dollars up to support KSU.

Hell KSU's "Cats With Cans" gives more to the Manhattan Community, than what Manhattan gives to KSU.
Ummm, again . . .

You also must have forgotten about the City/University Special Projects Fund Committee . . .

http://www.ci.manhattan.ks.us/index.aspx?NID=469
Congratulations, thank you finally someone who ATTEMPTED to show something Manhattan has done. 

Now you get an A+ for knowledge of the committee, but if you would have actually read the minutes and agenda you would have been embarrased for posting it.  They have had 5 meetings in 4 years and have passed nothing that I can see. 

Great try, but again MANHATTAN did not do anything.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/20/2013 6:05 PM

RE: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 


I'll give you one huge reason this game with our in-state rivals is not sold out yet.

The remaining tickets available through our ticket office are the extra ones that were put on sale, and they are running at $125 a piece. To me, that's one of the worst ideas this ticket office has ever thought of. Just plain stupid.

StubHub is asking a minimum of $169 per seat.

Last edited 1/20/2013 6:05 PM by knealio

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/20/2013 6:10 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 



Howie43 wrote: WE if you do not live in Manhattan I suggest you shut your mouth............For your info the empty seats yesterday were due to the season ticket holders not showing up.........How you ask do I know that??????? I walked up to buy tickets before tip and there were none to be had............How may games have you attended this season???????? Are you a season ticket holder that does not attend all the games??????? Maybe your a closet K-Who fan and would rather attend their amazing facility, you certainly sound like you would fit in there.........As a citizen of Manhattan and Riley Co. you sir can suck it. I know more than enough people here that attend every game and if they are unable to attend they give their tickets to people that can.............
Well sir, I am not taking your suggestion.  I call BS on your attempt to purchase tickets.  They were selling tickets at the east ticket window 30 minutes prior to tip.  The south end was empty. 

You still have not answered my question what has Manhattan ever done to support KSU?  You take $millions$ of Kansas tax dollars for your economy.  Then do NOTHING to support the University that keeps food on your table.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/20/2013 6:13 PM

RE: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 



knealio wrote: I'll give you one huge reason this game with our in-state rivals is not sold out yet.

The remaining tickets available through our ticket office are the extra ones that were put on sale, and they are running at $125 a piece. To me, that's one of the worst ideas this ticket office has ever thought of. Just plain stupid.

StubHub is asking a minimum of $169 per seat.
-------------------------

The real huge reason is the people of Manhattan and Riley County did not purchase season tickets and/or the 4 pack which included the KU game.  Hence my point the Manhattan and Riley County take KSU for granted.

Last edited 1/20/2013 6:15 PM by WildcatEngineer

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/20/2013 6:16 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 


Maybe if our self-serving egomaniac AD hadn't went out and hired a proven loser coach and person some more people would show up
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/20/2013 6:24 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 



Howie43 wrote: I have lived here for 26 years and the love and support for KSU from the area has always been great........How long have you lived here WE????????
Howie, please name what Manhattan or Riley County has done in 26 years for KSU.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/20/2013 6:25 PM

RE: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 


I live in Manhattan and went to all the OOC games. I noticed that the chair back seat were not filled,not all the people who buy the chair back seats live in Manhattan, so there were people who live outside the area that were not at the games. I know that there was an effort to get tickets that were not going to be used to soldiers, I don't know how successful it was.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/20/2013 6:32 PM

RE: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 


Well, I guess it could be said that any city that houses a university does not support said university. I don't know of any university that routinely sells out all football games, bball games, wbb games, volleyball games, track events, swimming/diving events, tennis matches, golf events and any other sports for which that university fields a team.

I also suppose that most cities which house a professional franchise do not support the franchise either.

Hell, I suppose if the town you live in has a high school then your town does not support your high school.

What a miserable country we live in, right?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/20/2013 6:38 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 



WildcatEngineer wrote:
catalystII wrote:
WildcatEngineer wrote:
gocats1978 wrote: LOL at thinking the attendance at a KSU bball game is an accurate indicator of whether or not Manhattan supports ksu.

Do you forget the awesome attendance that Kansas City had for both games against ISU in Arrow Head, how about IUPUI at the Sprint Center a few years ago? Maybe 5000 people showed up!

Your quest to badmouth Manhattan is getting old....
It is a PERFECT indicator that Manhattan and Riley County do not support KSU.

Here is the flaw to your KC comparison

- The attendance at Arrowhead for Farmagedon was approximately the same as it would have been in either Manhattan or Ames. 
- The lowest attendance for a KSU event in the Sprint Center was approximatley 10,000.  
- KC does not need KSU.  KSU needs KC.
- I will trump all your KC attendance with the new Olathe KSU Campus.  The people of Kansas City put their tax dollars up to support KSU.

Hell KSU's "Cats With Cans" gives more to the Manhattan Community, than what Manhattan gives to KSU.
Ummm, again . . .

You also must have forgotten about the City/University Special Projects Fund Committee . . .

http://www.ci.manhattan.ks.us/index.aspx?NID=469
Congratulations, thank you finally someone who ATTEMPTED to show something Manhattan has done. 

Now you get an A+ for knowledge of the committee, but if you would have actually read the minutes and agenda you would have been embarrased for posting it.  They have had 5 meetings in 4 years and have passed nothing that I can see. 

Great try, but again MANHATTAN did not do anything.
Ummm -

I don't need to read the minutes there and I haven't. I was simply refuting your statements.

How about: the installation of sidewalks going up the hill on North Manhattan from Claflin past the new child care center all the way to Kimball; the provision of signage and lighted yellow flashing warning lights on busy street crosswalks all around campus; the widening of the crucial intersection at Dennison and Clafin . . . etc.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/20/2013 6:45 PM

Re: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 



catalystII wrote:
WildcatEngineer wrote:
catalystII wrote:
WildcatEngineer wrote:
gocats1978 wrote: LOL at thinking the attendance at a KSU bball game is an accurate indicator of whether or not Manhattan supports ksu.

Do you forget the awesome attendance that Kansas City had for both games against ISU in Arrow Head, how about IUPUI at the Sprint Center a few years ago? Maybe 5000 people showed up!

Your quest to badmouth Manhattan is getting old....
It is a PERFECT indicator that Manhattan and Riley County do not support KSU.

Here is the flaw to your KC comparison

- The attendance at Arrowhead for Farmagedon was approximately the same as it would have been in either Manhattan or Ames. 
- The lowest attendance for a KSU event in the Sprint Center was approximatley 10,000.  
- KC does not need KSU.  KSU needs KC.
- I will trump all your KC attendance with the new Olathe KSU Campus.  The people of Kansas City put their tax dollars up to support KSU.

Hell KSU's "Cats With Cans" gives more to the Manhattan Community, than what Manhattan gives to KSU.
Ummm, again . . .

You also must have forgotten about the City/University Special Projects Fund Committee . . .

http://www.ci.manhattan.ks.us/index.aspx?NID=469
Congratulations, thank you finally someone who ATTEMPTED to show something Manhattan has done. 

Now you get an A+ for knowledge of the committee, but if you would have actually read the minutes and agenda you would have been embarrased for posting it.  They have had 5 meetings in 4 years and have passed nothing that I can see. 

Great try, but again MANHATTAN did not do anything.
Ummm -

I don't need to read the minutes there and I haven't. I was simply refuting your statements.

How about: the installation of sidewalks going up the hill on North Manhattan from Claflin past the new child care center all the way to Kimball; the provision of signage and lighted yellow flashing warning lights on busy street crosswalks all around campus; the widening of the crucial intersection at Dennison and Clafin . . . etc.
CatII, I will cede the point to you that at least you are attempting to show something, anything but Come On, Man those are items that are EXPECTED from a municipal government.  That is just part of the municipal budget.

But thank you for at least listing something.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/20/2013 6:58 PM

RE: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 



cta633681 wrote: Well, I guess it could be said that any city that houses a university does not support said university. I don't know of any university that routinely sells out all football games, bball games, wbb games, volleyball games, track events, swimming/diving events, tennis matches, golf events and any other sports for which that university fields a team.

I also suppose that most cities which house a professional franchise do not support the franchise either.

Hell, I suppose if the town you live in has a high school then your town does not support your high school.

What a miserable country we live in, right?

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2...l-l/?city_local


WRONG - The City of Lawrence and KU are doing a joint project. 

KSU has had the Equine Complex on the table for a joint effort with Riley County and the City of Manhattan for a decade.  And as normal (Alumni Center, Toiton, Colbert Hills, Beech Museum) Riley County and Manhattan do nothing and wait for alumni or the State to pick up the tab.


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/20/2013 7:14 PM

RE: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 


It's time for "Phase Two" of your plan WE.

The "Phase One" - Internet: K-State Message Board Awareness Campaign, has clearly gotten your message out.  The push back you're currently experiencing indicates that you've hit the saturation point for this medium.

                           

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/20/2013 7:30 PM

RE: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 



WildWillieCat wrote: It's time for "Phase Two" of your plan WE.

The "Phase One" - Internet: K-State Message Board Awareness Campaign, has clearly gotten your message out.  The push back you're currently experiencing indicates that you've hit the saturation point for this medium.
I respectfully disagree I found a Manhattan humanoid that actually knew there is a committee that does nothing relative to helping KSU.  The humanoid also openend my eyes to sidewalks and stoplights. 

Since I am not a Notre Dame Linebacker, I assume this Manhattan humanoid is not a hoax.

That is progress.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/20/2013 7:40 PM

RE: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 


Lawrence does not sell out their ticket allotment to football games. So by your criteria, no they do not support their university in Lawrence. Just using your criteria here.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/20/2013 8:03 PM

RE: Manhattan And Riley County Should Be Ashamed!!! 



WildcatEngineer wrote:
WildWillieCat wrote: It's time for "Phase Two" of your plan WE.

The "Phase One" - Internet: K-State Message Board Awareness Campaign, has clearly gotten your message out.  The push back you're currently experiencing indicates that you've hit the saturation point for this medium.
I respectfully disagree I found a Manhattan humanoid that actually knew there is a committee that does nothing relative to helping KSU.  The humanoid also openend my eyes to sidewalks and stoplights. 

Since I am not a Notre Dame Linebacker, I assume this Manhattan humanoid is not a hoax.

That is progress.
so you don't think it is time to take your campaign to the next level, or you don't have a next level

which is it?

                           

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >