Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report

Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 6:56 AM

Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report 


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 10:00 AM

Re: Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report Post Rating (1 vote)


That guy deserved a raise, holy crap was that accurate.  He even predicted the Heisman!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 10:47 AM

Re: Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report 


Underestimated Bo on speed and arm strength.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 10:59 AM

Re: Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report 



DrBobus wrote: Underestimated Bo on speed and arm strength.
Yes, but as noted, he wouldn't throw the ball hard in pre-game or between innings, so he may not have had much chance to see that beautiful cannon.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 11:54 AM

RE: Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report 


I looked it up and to put in reference, Bo's speed from home to first was the second fastest in history.(to Mantle) Expains how he could beat out a grounder to second base.

wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_th...g_to_first_base
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/7/2013 12:23 PM

RE: Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report Post Rating (1 vote)


Mantle was not faster than Bo from home to anywhere. Just the idea is completely absurd, and I think Mantle was a stud.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 12:23 PM

RE: Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report Post Rating (1 vote)


It is silly, but half those grades should have been 10, as in best ever, speed, range, arm, possibly power.  It is just stupid to think what he could have truly become.  

God I hate the Raiders.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 1:30 PM

RE: Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report 



acehawk76 wrote: Mantle was not faster than Bo from home to anywhere. Just the idea is completely absurd, and I think Mantle was a stud.
I have no way of knowing for sure but they could be talking from the left side, Mantle was a switch hitter.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 1:35 PM

RE: Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report 


From the article: They admit that the times were probably fast since they were hand-timed in the 50's. Still would it be the worst thing in the world if Bo and his greatness was bested by Mickey Mantle? Not like they are saying Joey Gathright was faster or something. Pretty good company.

All times from the left side

Mantle was clocked at 3.1 (fastest documented time in MLB)

Bo Jackson was timed at 3.2 (3.65 from the right side)

Deion Sanders was timed at 3.3

Ralph Garr was timed at 3.3 (unconfirmed 3.2)

Rick Manning was timed at 3.3 (ran a 9.8 100 yard dash in High School)

Miguel Dilone was timed at 3.3

Mickey Rivers was timed at 3.4

Willie Wilson was timed at 3.6 and 3.7

Ichiro was timed at 3.7 seconds

Reggie Jackson (in his early days) was sub 4.0 down the line. ( he stated 3.8)
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 1:42 PM

RE: Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report 



Elija wrote: It is silly, but half those grades should have been 10, as in best ever, speed, range, arm, possibly power.  It is just stupid to think what he could have truly become.  

God I hate the Raiders.
8 is the highest score possible.  I had to look twice to realize that.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 1:43 PM

RE: Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report 



BigJKU316 wrote:
Elija wrote: It is silly, but half those grades should have been 10, as in best ever, speed, range, arm, possibly power.  It is just stupid to think what he could have truly become.  

God I hate the Raiders.
8 is the highest score possible.  I had to look twice to realize that.

I know it is, that is my point, he should have scored a 10 on an 8 scale.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 1:50 PM

RE: Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report 



outofyourelement wrote: From the article: They admit that the times were probably fast since they were hand-timed in the 50's. Still would it be the worst thing in the world if Bo and his greatness was bested by Mickey Mantle? Not like they are saying Joey Gathright was faster or something. Pretty good company.

All times from the left side

Mantle was clocked at 3.1 (fastest documented time in MLB)

Bo Jackson was timed at 3.2 (3.65 from the right side)

Deion Sanders was timed at 3.3

Ralph Garr was timed at 3.3 (unconfirmed 3.2)

Rick Manning was timed at 3.3 (ran a 9.8 100 yard dash in High School)

Miguel Dilone was timed at 3.3

Mickey Rivers was timed at 3.4

Willie Wilson was timed at 3.6 and 3.7

Ichiro was timed at 3.7 seconds

Reggie Jackson (in his early days) was sub 4.0 down the line. ( he stated 3.8)
I think that just speaks to how silly it is that Mantle has a 3.1 down the line.  Bo and Deion are the two fastest 40 times in NFL history.  Not saying Mantle wasn't a freak, but there is no way he is 15% faster than Ichiro.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/8/2013 9:22 AM

RE: Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report 



Elija wrote:
BigJKU316 wrote:
Elija wrote: It is silly, but half those grades should have been 10, as in best ever, speed, range, arm, possibly power.  It is just stupid to think what he could have truly become.  

God I hate the Raiders.
8 is the highest score possible.  I had to look twice to realize that.

I know it is, that is my point, he should have scored a 10 on an 8 scale.
I had heard somewhere (possibly the 30 for 30) that a scout reported back on him as sixes across the board.  The club said something like "you know we grade 1-5, right" and the scout said "I know".
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/8/2013 12:14 PM

RE: Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report 



Elija wrote:
outofyourelement wrote: From the article: They admit that the times were probably fast since they were hand-timed in the 50's. Still would it be the worst thing in the world if Bo and his greatness was bested by Mickey Mantle? Not like they are saying Joey Gathright was faster or something. Pretty good company.

All times from the left side

Mantle was clocked at 3.1 (fastest documented time in MLB)

Bo Jackson was timed at 3.2 (3.65 from the right side)

Deion Sanders was timed at 3.3

Ralph Garr was timed at 3.3 (unconfirmed 3.2)

Rick Manning was timed at 3.3 (ran a 9.8 100 yard dash in High School)

Miguel Dilone was timed at 3.3

Mickey Rivers was timed at 3.4

Willie Wilson was timed at 3.6 and 3.7

Ichiro was timed at 3.7 seconds

Reggie Jackson (in his early days) was sub 4.0 down the line. ( he stated 3.8)
I think that just speaks to how silly it is that Mantle has a 3.1 down the line.  Bo and Deion are the two fastest 40 times in NFL history.  Not saying Mantle wasn't a freak, but there is no way he is 15% faster than Ichiro.
He was dubbed the fasted guy in the majors until injuries and gallons of alcohol caught up with him.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/8/2013 12:29 PM

RE: Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report 


That's the Royals' scout btw.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/8/2013 1:11 PM

RE: Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report 




---------------------------------------------
--- HawkinDeutschland wrote:


Elija wrote:
outofyourelement wrote: From the article: They admit that the times were probably fast since they were hand-timed in the 50's. Still would it be the worst thing in the world if Bo and his greatness was bested by Mickey Mantle? Not like they are saying Joey Gathright was faster or something. Pretty good company.

All times from the left side

Mantle was clocked at 3.1 (fastest documented time in MLB)

Bo Jackson was timed at 3.2 (3.65 from the right side)

Deion Sanders was timed at 3.3

Ralph Garr was timed at 3.3 (unconfirmed 3.2)

Rick Manning was timed at 3.3 (ran a 9.8 100 yard dash in High School)

Miguel Dilone was timed at 3.3

Mickey Rivers was timed at 3.4

Willie Wilson was timed at 3.6 and 3.7

Ichiro was timed at 3.7 seconds

Reggie Jackson (in his early days) was sub 4.0 down the line. ( he stated 3.8)
I think that just speaks to how silly it is that Mantle has a 3.1 down the line.  Bo and Deion are the two fastest 40 times in NFL history.  Not saying Mantle wasn't a freak, but there is no way he is 15% faster than Ichiro.
He was dubbed the fasted guy in the majors until injuries and gallons of alcohol caught up with him.

---------------------------------------------

That may be, but there's no way in hell he was faster than two dudes that posted those 40 times and embarrassed fellow football players with their athleticism.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/8/2013 1:20 PM

RE: Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report 



Heilemans wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- HawkinDeutschland wrote:


Elija wrote:
outofyourelement wrote: From the article: They admit that the times were probably fast since they were hand-timed in the 50's. Still would it be the worst thing in the world if Bo and his greatness was bested by Mickey Mantle? Not like they are saying Joey Gathright was faster or something. Pretty good company.

All times from the left side

Mantle was clocked at 3.1 (fastest documented time in MLB)

Bo Jackson was timed at 3.2 (3.65 from the right side)

Deion Sanders was timed at 3.3

Ralph Garr was timed at 3.3 (unconfirmed 3.2)

Rick Manning was timed at 3.3 (ran a 9.8 100 yard dash in High School)

Miguel Dilone was timed at 3.3

Mickey Rivers was timed at 3.4

Willie Wilson was timed at 3.6 and 3.7

Ichiro was timed at 3.7 seconds

Reggie Jackson (in his early days) was sub 4.0 down the line. ( he stated 3.8)
I think that just speaks to how silly it is that Mantle has a 3.1 down the line.  Bo and Deion are the two fastest 40 times in NFL history.  Not saying Mantle wasn't a freak, but there is no way he is 15% faster than Ichiro.
He was dubbed the fasted guy in the majors until injuries and gallons of alcohol caught up with him.

---------------------------------------------

That may be, but there's no way in hell he was faster than two dudes that posted those 40 times and embarrassed fellow football players with their athleticism.
That is basically my argument, in 1952 the world record 100M was 10.2 seconds.  Running 90 feet in 3.1 seconds from a standstill would put you right in line with running approx. 9.5 100M.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/9/2013 4:28 PM

RE: Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report Post Rating (1 vote)



admb4ku wrote: That's the Royals' scout btw.
Kenny Gonzales.  Eisenhower's field is named after him (or at least the scoreboard).  Died young and son I'm pretty sure went to Sumner.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/9/2013 5:12 PM

RE: Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report Post Rating (2 votes)



SirAnthony wrote:
admb4ku wrote: That's the Royals' scout btw.
Kenny Gonzales.  Eisenhower's field is named after him (or at least the scoreboard).  Died young and son I'm pretty sure went to Sumner.
Dude, I know. Youngest son was the Royals Scout of the Year this year.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/9/2013 5:13 PM

RE: Bo Jackson Baseball scouting report Post Rating (1 vote)



admb4ku wrote:
SirAnthony wrote:
admb4ku wrote: That's the Royals' scout btw.
Kenny Gonzales.  Eisenhower's field is named after him (or at least the scoreboard).  Died young and son I'm pretty sure went to Sumner.
Dude, I know. Youngest son was the Royals Scout of the Year this year.
One of his son's is a scout now.  Pretty sure he's a Royals scout.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >