Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

IU Hires Chuck Martin...Premium Content...Seriously?

Posted: 6/4/2014 8:47 AM

IU Hires Chuck Martin...Premium Content...Seriously? 


This site is just comical with their "premium content."  Like this isn't going to be public knowledge?

Here you go: http://www.crimsonquarry.com/2014/6/3/5775992/repo rt-chuck-martin-to-be-new-indiana-basketball-assis tant

That's a link to an article about Chuck Martin being hired to replace Kenny Johnson...and this is just another reason I will never pay for "premium content."  banghead

Bum
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/4/2014 10:48 AM

Re: IU Hires Chuck Martin...Premium Content...Seriously? 


Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/4/2014 1:12 PM

Re: IU Hires Chuck Martin...Premium Content...Seriously? 


You have to understand that they dont make it premium content based soley off whether or not folks can gather the information from other resources. It's premium information because someone has to take the time to do a write up. Believe it or not, doing your fact checking and doing the write up on the information is something most would believe someone should get compensated on. The free content is truly the message boards and as a gift you get free articles from time to time. I'm not sure why we should assume the product should be given for free.

Does you not getting free content mean you won't be a customer? Possibly but I don't think that's what steers most people.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/4/2014 1:40 PM

Re: IU Hires Chuck Martin...Premium Content...Seriously? 



YOTHN wrote: You have to understand that they dont make it premium content based soley off whether or not folks can gather the information from other resources. It's premium information because someone has to take the time to do a write up. Believe it or not, doing your fact checking and doing the write up on the information is something most would believe someone should get compensated on. The free content is truly the message boards and as a gift you get free articles from time to time. I'm not sure why we should assume the product should be given for free.

Does you not getting free content mean you won't be a customer? Possibly but I don't think that's what steers most people.
They are compensated through advertising....just because someone writes an article and does research does not entitle them to payment.  They might as well have just went to CBSSports and linked to the article for all the great info we non-subscribers missed out on.  It would have saved them some time and some feelings of entitlement apparently...although, those were your words not their's.

More people on this site results in more advertisers being willing to pay them to advertise on the site.  That in turn results in more compensation, which according to you, they are entitled to regardless of whether they write anything worthwhile or any different than what is already free...

Bum
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 5:20 PM

Re: IU Hires Chuck Martin...Premium Content...Seriously? 



Bumstead wrote:
 
They are compensated through advertising....just because someone writes an article and does research does not entitle them to payment.  They might as well have just went to CBSSports and linked to the article for all the great info we non-subscribers missed out on.  It would have saved them some time and some feelings of entitlement apparently...although, those were your words not their's.

More people on this site results in more advertisers being willing to pay them to advertise on the site.  That in turn results in more compensation, which according to you, they are entitled to regardless of whether they write anything worthwhile or any different than what is already free...

Bum
Have you taken them up on the free trial?  Personally I like the content on the premium side.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/4/2014 7:01 PM

Re: IU Hires Chuck Martin...Premium Content...Seriously? 



jmsgws wrote:
Bumstead wrote:
 
They are compensated through advertising....just because someone writes an article and does research does not entitle them to payment.  They might as well have just went to CBSSports and linked to the article for all the great info we non-subscribers missed out on.  It would have saved them some time and some feelings of entitlement apparently...although, those were your words not their's.

More people on this site results in more advertisers being willing to pay them to advertise on the site.  That in turn results in more compensation, which according to you, they are entitled to regardless of whether they write anything worthwhile or any different than what is already free...

Bum
Have you taken them up on the free trial?  Personally I like the content on the premium side.
As a premium member I have yet to see any insight or in depth article on the hire.  Correct me if I am wrong. Hutch first reported it as likely, and Justin restated what was published in the linked article.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/4/2014 8:58 PM

Re: IU Hires Chuck Martin...Premium Content...Seriously? 



I don't believe the hire has been confirmed yet.

---------------------------------------------
--- mightyjethro wrote:


jmsgws wrote:
Bumstead wrote:
 
They are compensated through advertising....just because someone writes an article and does research does not entitle them to payment.  They might as well have just went to CBSSports and linked to the article for all the great info we non-subscribers missed out on.  It would have saved them some time and some feelings of entitlement apparently...although, those were your words not their's.

More people on this site results in more advertisers being willing to pay them to advertise on the site.  That in turn results in more compensation, which according to you, they are entitled to regardless of whether they write anything worthwhile or any different than what is already free...

Bum
Have you taken them up on the free trial?  Personally I like the content on the premium side.
As a premium member I have yet to see any insight or in depth article on the hire.  Correct me if I am wrong. Hutch first reported it as likely, and Justin restated what was published in the linked article.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/5/2014 7:46 AM

Re: IU Hires Chuck Martin...Premium Content...Seriously? 


They are compensated by advertising and by memberships. You not having access to everything free leaves you with a choice to get premium content or not get premium content. Just linking CBSSports for free would give subscribers no reason to be subscribed. If it's worthless content, why are you so bothered by it? It's not a feeling of entitlement at all. ha Do you have a feeling of entitlement when you do your job and get paid for it?

That article was written, you were still on the on site and have returned a few times ever since it was written. So the advertising isn't being affected by making the article premium content. Next.
Bumstead wrote:
They are compensated through advertising....just because someone writes an article and does research does not entitle them to payment.  They might as well have just went to CBSSports and linked to the article for all the great info we non-subscribers missed out on.  It would have saved them some time and some feelings of entitlement apparently...although, those were your words not their's.

More people on this site results in more advertisers being willing to pay them to advertise on the site.  That in turn results in more compensation, which according to you, they are entitled to regardless of whether they write anything worthwhile or any different than what is already free...

Bum
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/5/2014 9:38 AM

Re: IU Hires Chuck Martin...Premium Content...Seriously? 


Guess you won...who cares?  blah2  Guess you didn't pick up on the fact the more traffic on this site would in all likelihood result in more advertising $.  I appreciate the "holier than thou" response though.  Always great at getting people to participate on a crappy forum.  My point was that that article was kept as "premium content" and there was nothing premium about it.  Lock it down and make people think you have some insight when everyone knows there was nothing earth shattering in that article.  That's why I will not become a premium member.  Stupid stuff like that article being "premium" when it just a replay of the article I linked with nothing else of value.  You can blindly follow along and I don't care.  We all make our own choices.

Why would I feel entitled about getting paid the amount my employer and I agreed I would get paid?  That makes no sense at all.  I actually provide value that they are happy paying me for.  

Carry-on celebrating whatever victory you were hoping for...eek1

Bum
YOTHN wrote: They are compensated by advertising and by memberships. You not having access to everything free leaves you with a choice to get premium content or not get premium content. Just linking CBSSports for free would give subscribers no reason to be subscribed. If it's worthless content, why are you so bothered by it? It's not a feeling of entitlement at all. ha Do you have a feeling of entitlement when you do your job and get paid for it?

That article was written, you were still on the on site and have returned a few times ever since it was written. So the advertising isn't being affected by making the article premium content. Next.
Bumstead wrote:
They are compensated through advertising....just because someone writes an article and does research does not entitle them to payment.  They might as well have just went to CBSSports and linked to the article for all the great info we non-subscribers missed out on.  It would have saved them some time and some feelings of entitlement apparently...although, those were your words not their's.

More people on this site results in more advertisers being willing to pay them to advertise on the site.  That in turn results in more compensation, which according to you, they are entitled to regardless of whether they write anything worthwhile or any different than what is already free...

Bum
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/5/2014 9:41 AM

Re: IU Hires Chuck Martin...Premium Content...Seriously? 



jmsgws wrote:
Bumstead wrote:
 
They are compensated through advertising....just because someone writes an article and does research does not entitle them to payment.  They might as well have just went to CBSSports and linked to the article for all the great info we non-subscribers missed out on.  It would have saved them some time and some feelings of entitlement apparently...although, those were your words not their's.

More people on this site results in more advertisers being willing to pay them to advertise on the site.  That in turn results in more compensation, which according to you, they are entitled to regardless of whether they write anything worthwhile or any different than what is already free...

Bum
Have you taken them up on the free trial?  Personally I like the content on the premium side.
No.  I have little interest in paying $90-$100 a year for information that I can get elsewhere at almost the same time.  And, no, I'm not just referring to this article.  Hey, if you enjoy it, more power to you.  Enjoy it.  

Thanks.

Bum
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/5/2014 4:21 PM

Re: IU Hires Chuck Martin...Premium Content...Seriously? 


Guess I won? There was nothing to win, just proved your point was weak and said "next" because it was case closed, time to move on. You speak from a perspective of someone who's never been a premie yet you act like no one else has a clue. I've had premie and don't anymore but articles like this being made premie content makes me want to get premie back even more. Hence the reason all recruiting publications made it premium information. It even fired you up enough to inspire you to take time out of your day to come on here and post about it.

Continue with your incredible usage of emojis.

Last edited 6/5/2014 4:22 PM by YOTHN

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/5/2014 4:50 PM

Re: IU Hires Chuck Martin...Premium Content...Seriously? 


Anyone know why TC would not comment on this hire when asked about it in Evansville the other night?  I mean, it's not like a commit where you have to follow a specific protocol in what you can say and when you can say it.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/6/2014 7:29 AM

Re: IU Hires Chuck Martin...Premium Content...Seriously? 



hoosierhoops wrote: Anyone know why TC would not comment on this hire when asked about it in Evansville the other night?  I mean, it's not like a commit where you have to follow a specific protocol in what you can say and when you can say it.
Is it official that he has been hired?  All I saw were reports.

Could it be CTC had a change of heart after Samford let Seltzer go this week?   

Go Hoosiers!!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/6/2014 12:58 PM

Re: IU Hires Chuck Martin...Premium Content...Seriously? 



iuden wrote:
hoosierhoops wrote: Anyone know why TC would not comment on this hire when asked about it in Evansville the other night?  I mean, it's not like a commit where you have to follow a specific protocol in what you can say and when you can say it.
Is it official that he has been hired?  All I saw were reports.

Could it be CTC had a change of heart after Samford let Seltzer go this week?   

Go Hoosiers!!!
Had not seen that.  Is there a story there?  Odd time to fire someone IMO.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/6/2014 1:16 PM

Re: IU Hires Chuck Martin...Premium Content...Seriously? 


Actually the article says it plans to fire him.

http://www.cbssports.com/colle...-bennie-seltzer

Too many transfers and the bad record.

Go Hoosiers!!!
mightyjethro wrote:
iuden wrote:
hoosierhoops wrote: Anyone know why TC would not comment on this hire when asked about it in Evansville the other night?  I mean, it's not like a commit where you have to follow a specific protocol in what you can say and when you can say it.
Is it official that he has been hired?  All I saw were reports.

Could it be CTC had a change of heart after Samford let Seltzer go this week?   

Go Hoosiers!!!
Had not seen that.  Is there a story there?  Odd time to fire someone IMO.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/6/2014 4:40 PM

Re: IU Hires Chuck Martin...Premium Content...Seriously? 


Hopefully if Seltzer does get hired, the Scout article will be premium content.  excitedrolleyes

Last edited 6/6/2014 4:41 PM by YOTHN

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/6/2014 4:45 PM

Re: IU Hires Chuck Martin...Premium Content...Seriously? 


Thanks for the link iuden.  As I said I was unaware of that development. That many top player transfers is crazy............definitely a story there, and only giving Coach BS a two year run at it, is fishy as well. noidea
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/6/2014 4:53 PM

Re: IU Hires Chuck Martin...Premium Content...Seriously? 


WOW!  WOW! This BS thing is juicy!  What with this guy from Marist getting fired and BS doing so poorly, what does this say about TC being able to "recruit" top assistants?
Reply | Quote