Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

I pray that Wisconsin meets Oregon in the Rose Bowl

Posted: 11/12/2012 8:39 PM

I pray that Wisconsin meets Oregon in the Rose Bowl 


I don't know how the Rose Bowl will shake out this year but I'm praying that Wisconsin gets it's wish for Pasadena and play none other than Oregon. Oregon would stomp a mudhole in their sorry asses.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/13/2012 2:52 AM

RE: I pray that Wisconsin meets Oregon in the Rose Bowl 


Oregon would stomp a mudhole in every team in the Big Tens asses
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/13/2012 6:56 AM

Re: I pray that Wisconsin meets Oregon in the Rose Bowl 


Oregon would have to first lose in conference before ending up with Wisconsin. Right now, I don't see that happening. 
Reply | Quote
  • IUHDog
  • Redshirt
  • 32 posts this site

Posted: 11/13/2012 8:07 AM

No..... 


wouldn't that make IU and the Big Ten look even that much worse?  Personally, I'd like to see any team from the Big Ten demolish Oregon and their 7,000 Nike uniform combinations.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/13/2012 8:22 AM

Re: I pray that Wisconsin meets Oregon in the Rose Bowl 


Idk, they play two very good teams in their last games -- Stanford and Oregon State. You never know; they could lose one of them.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/13/2012 9:15 AM

Re: I pray that Wisconsin meets Oregon in the Rose Bowl 


@IUHDog,
Look, all that "let's root for the Big Ten in bowl games" isn't something IU fans can afford to do...EVER. I've thought about this because I used to regularly root for all Big Ten teams in their respective bowls BUT, when they actually win their bowl games, it makes life for IU football that much more difficult. It makes our job to recruit better players much more difficult, so I've taken the other angle and that generally involves rooting against most Big Ten teams. I'll usually root for one or two BT teams that I somehow like and that's about it.

When Wilson has IU playing in bowl games on a regular basis, THEN you can root for other Big Ten teams, JMO.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/15/2012 10:49 AM

Re: No..... 



IUHDog wrote: wouldn't that make IU and the Big Ten look even that much worse?  Personally, I'd like to see any team from the Big Ten demolish Oregon and their 7,000 Nike uniform combinations.

Screw Wisconsin.  I hope they get blown out in whatever bowl game they play in.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/15/2012 4:15 PM

Re: No..... 


So much hate........ I will say I cheer for all big ten teams that make it to a bowl game because it benefits our conference. Is your fan base just pissed because it was supposed to be the game of the year for Indiana and your team didnt show up.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/15/2012 5:38 PM

Re: No..... 



duff8800 wrote: So much hate........ I will say I cheer for all big ten teams that make it to a bowl game because it benefits our conference. Is your fan base just pissed because it was supposed to be the game of the year for Indiana and your team didnt show up.

Absolutely not, fans around the Big Ten simply despise your head football coach.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/17/2012 11:43 AM

Re: No..... 



bronkonagurski wrote:
IUHDog wrote: wouldn't that make IU and the Big Ten look even that much worse?  Personally, I'd like to see any team from the Big Ten demolish Oregon and their 7,000 Nike uniform combinations.

Screw Wisconsin.  I hope they get blown out in whatever bowl game they play in.
I'm with you.....wink



" DON'T I LOOK HAPPY "  
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/17/2012 11:44 AM

Re: No..... 



waylonjennings wrote:
duff8800 wrote: So much hate........ I will say I cheer for all big ten teams that make it to a bowl game because it benefits our conference. Is your fan base just pissed because it was supposed to be the game of the year for Indiana and your team didnt show up.

Absolutely not, fans around the Big Ten simply despise your head football coach.
you talking about ole..."run up the score Brett"....mad



" DON'T I LOOK HAPPY "  
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/17/2012 11:58 AM

Re: I pray that Wisconsin meets Oregon in the Rose Bowl 


Yeah, I'm talking about good ole Brett Bielema, what a jackoff! What I don't like about Brett is his lack of respect for his conference brethren. Brett Bielema has run the score up on every team he's faced when given the opportunity. When you're up by three or more touchdowns in the later stages of a football game, you don't run exotic plays...this guy's all about kicking someone when they're down IMO.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/17/2012 7:54 PM

RE: I pray that Wisconsin meets Oregon in the Rose Bowl 


Exotic plays? Like what? Sending in the 4th string back to run it up the middle? Or would you rather that once we're up by 40, we just kneel 3 times and punt?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/17/2012 9:23 PM

RE: I pray that Wisconsin meets Oregon in the Rose Bowl 


I never root for OSU to beat anybody in ftball, except PU, but I was so glad to see them beat Wisky today. While most of the conference agrees that OSU's fans have been the most obnoxious over the years, IMO the Wisky fans, in both bball and ftball, have become just as bad, if not worse.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/17/2012 10:28 PM

RE: I pray that Wisconsin meets Oregon in the Rose Bowl 


I also found myself in the curious position of pulling for tOSU and dUI today. Felt a tad unclean and awkward about it, but darn, just couldn't help myself.

tOSU took their foot off of the gas a bit against us and let us sneak back into the game for an exciting finish. Obviously, it was not intentional on their part, but it showed they were more focused on moving on after the game was ostensibly in hand than they were in pounding us into a demoralized pulp. A number of their fans even came on the site afterwards to offer congrats.

We treated them with respect and appreciation. In Indiana, we call it sportsmanship.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/18/2012 9:29 AM

RE: I pray that Wisconsin meets Oregon in the Rose Bowl 



dbwheat wrote: I never root for OSU to beat anybody in ftball, except PU, but I was so glad to see them beat Wisky today. While most of the conference agrees that OSU's fans have been the most obnoxious over the years, IMO the Wisky fans, in both bball and ftball, have become just as bad, if not worse.
I'm with you on this one....screw ole hog head Bullimia...or whatever his name is.



" DON'T I LOOK HAPPY "  
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/18/2012 9:34 AM

RE: I pray that Wisconsin meets Oregon in the Rose Bowl 


If IU could ever get a team that could really blast Wisky good (which I doubt will ever happen) they should do it...but if it would happen and it is a Wilson team I don't think he would do it and I too found myself wanting tO$U (can't believe it also) to win yesterday



" DON'T I LOOK HAPPY "  

Last edited 11/18/2012 9:37 AM by bholla43

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/18/2012 9:56 AM

Re: I pray that Wisconsin meets Oregon in the Rose Bowl 


I think you're wrong, Wilson would put the screws to Bully Brett given the opportunity...just can't see it any other way if IU ever has that chance.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 12:27 PM

Re: I pray that Wisconsin meets Oregon in the Rose Bowl 


I'm glad that this is a post.  biggrin  I was just having this same conversation yesterday.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 12:36 PM

Re: I pray that Wisconsin meets Oregon in the Rose Bowl 



waylonjennings wrote: I think you're wrong, Wilson would put the screws to Bully Brett given the opportunity...just can't see it any other way if IU ever has that chance.
Gotta agree with waylonjennings.  Given Wilson's history against those who he feels have wronged him (the RAs in the McNutt dorm; the Zakk and Jack thing), I think Wilson will not forget Bully Brett's decisions and return the favor someday.  With any luck, hopefully he does it @ Camp Randell...
Reply | Quote