Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC.

Posted: 07/09/2014 5:08 PM

Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 


Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/10/2014 1:10 AM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 


That's a big number. I'm not much of a betting man, but I like our chances there. I think our improved defense will shine in that game.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/10/2014 6:54 AM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 


The higher the spread, the better. Hopefully all the USC kids think they're gonna blow us out.
"Wow, that escalated quickly!"
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/10/2014 7:32 AM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 


excited THE UNDERDOGS WILL RISE UP
house32 wrote: http://www.madduxsports.com/bl...dictions-34466/

Thumbnail

Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/10/2014 8:04 AM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 



portlandog wrote: That's a big number. I'm not much of a betting man, but I like our chances there. I think our improved defense will shine in that game.
Agree.
"Frequently wrong but never in doubt!"
Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/10/2014 8:15 AM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 


24 is a big numer, but I was thinking about 3TD,s (20-21)points. The Dogs are not going to be anywhere near as good on offense as they were in 2013...... And to think that the kid from Duke is going to come in and run all over that Trojan D......is a stretch (he averaged under 4 yards a carry at Duke). If Derek Carr could not get he feet underneath him vs the USC d-line with three of the best WR's in the west running routes.....it' not likely BC or Burell will either. Agree the Dogs could be a little better on D, but if the O gets stuffed (like I think will happen) I expect a score more like 28-10 or 7. not sure if I could give 24.......but felt the same way with DC under center and it got out of hand pretty quick. The line is a good one.damn hard to decide wether to take or give the points.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/10/2014 8:54 AM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 


Agree. Concerned Dogs won't have a very strong passing game against SC? Can O line control line of scrimmage to set run game? Reality is starting to hit me....


---------------------------------------------
--- Angularvelocity wrote:

24 is a big numer, but I was thinking about 3TD,s (20-21)points. The Dogs are not going to be anywhere near as good on offense as they were in 2013...... And to think that the kid from Duke is going to come in and run all over that Trojan D......is a stretch (he averaged under 4 yards a carry at Duke). If Derek Carr could not get he feet underneath him vs the USC d-line with three of the best WR's in the west running routes.....it' not likely BC or Burell will either. Agree the Dogs could be a little better on D, but if the O gets stuffed (like I think will happen) I expect a score more like 28-10 or 7. not sure if I could give 24.......but felt the same way with DC under center and it got out of hand pretty quick. The line is a good one.damn hard to decide wether to take or give the points.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/10/2014 8:58 AM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 


I agree Angular, with that said....
FS's best chance is a low scoring game where we control the clock with long scoring drives.
I don't believe we can hang in a shoot out, if DC couldn't keep up throwing the ball around  the yard then I highly doubt BC can either. A balanced attack and converting on third down will be key for FS on offense and conversely the defense needs to get off the field on third, which they actually did a pretty good job of in the bowl game in the beginning. Problem was the offense was one dimensional and couldn't sustain drives.

Go Dogs
Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/10/2014 9:02 AM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 



Angularvelocity wrote: 24 is a big numer, but I was thinking about 3TD,s (20-21)points. The Dogs are not going to be anywhere near as good on offense as they were in 2013...... And to think that the kid from Duke is going to come in and run all over that Trojan D......is a stretch (he averaged under 4 yards a carry at Duke). If Derek Carr could not get he feet underneath him vs the USC d-line with three of the best WR's in the west running routes.....it' not likely BC or Burell will either. Agree the Dogs could be a little better on D, but if the O gets stuffed (like I think will happen) I expect a score more like 28-10 or 7. not sure if I could give 24.......but felt the same way with DC under center and it got out of hand pretty quick. The line is a good one.damn hard to decide wether to take or give the points.
Two points.  Is an uninjured new QB with some experience better than an injured Carr?  And, I think this was the game against USC, will the ball be snapped to the QB instead over his head where he had to jump for it nearly every snap?
Reply | Quote
  • qwertsod
  • Dog Pound
  • 1870 posts this site

Posted: 07/10/2014 9:25 AM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 



Angularvelocity wrote: 24 is a big numer, but I was thinking about 3TD,s (20-21)points. The Dogs are not going to be anywhere near as good on offense as they were in 2013...... And to think that the kid from Duke is going to come in and run all over that Trojan D......is a stretch (he averaged under 4 yards a carry at Duke). If Derek Carr could not get he feet underneath him vs the USC d-line with three of the best WR's in the west running routes.....it' not likely BC or Burell will either. Agree the Dogs could be a little better on D, but if the O gets stuffed (like I think will happen) I expect a score more like 28-10 or 7. not sure if I could give 24.......but felt the same way with DC under center and it got out of hand pretty quick. The line is a good one.damn hard to decide wether to take or give the points.
This.

And no, the new USC offense that Sark will have in place will not be a hinderance. Remember, Fresno averaged 40+ points in CTD's first three games on the job. Just as Fresno did two years ago, when you have an experienced QB and talent in place, it won't matter what scheme you run. They'll adapt and talent will win out.

SC 38
Fresno 14
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/10/2014 10:16 AM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 


As others have said, 24 points is a lot. However, it's the opening game at Coliseum, Sark's first, and the Trojans are going to be on Cloud nine. In addition, the 'Dogs are breaking in a new QB and lost some very important pieces. Hopefully the 'Dogs can keep it respectable. I'm keeping my expectations tempered for this season and I think it's best if everyone does the same.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/10/2014 11:08 AM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 



qwertsod wrote:
Angularvelocity wrote: 24 is a big numer, but I was thinking about 3TD,s (20-21)points. The Dogs are not going to be anywhere near as good on offense as they were in 2013...... And to think that the kid from Duke is going to come in and run all over that Trojan D......is a stretch (he averaged under 4 yards a carry at Duke). If Derek Carr could not get he feet underneath him vs the USC d-line with three of the best WR's in the west running routes.....it' not likely BC or Burell will either. Agree the Dogs could be a little better on D, but if the O gets stuffed (like I think will happen) I expect a score more like 28-10 or 7. not sure if I could give 24.......but felt the same way with DC under center and it got out of hand pretty quick. The line is a good one.damn hard to decide wether to take or give the points.
This.

And no, the new USC offense that Sark will have in place will not be a hinderance. Remember, Fresno averaged 40+ points in CTD's first three games on the job. Just as Fresno did two years ago, when you have an experienced QB and talent in place, it won't matter what scheme you run. They'll adapt and talent will win out.

SC 38
Fresno 14
Cody won't be facing walk on, undersized corners.  SC will have trouble consistently running against our front 7.  The Trojan D will have to worry about a QB who's a legit threat to run which will slow down the rush we saw in LV. 

All this aside, SC will likely get the win but this one will be closer than most think.

 

Last edited 07/10/2014 11:27 AM by LuDog70

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/10/2014 11:43 AM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 


Unless we have a complete defensive failure, I don't see the Trojans winning by that much.

This should be a much improved defense than the one they saw in the LV Bowl...plus it will be the first game for a brand new offense for SC.

"I've got that Bulldog Spirit up in my head, deep in my heart and down in my toes."

-- Jim Sweeney
Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/10/2014 11:52 AM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 


Lu your exactly right! We won't win this game but we're not going to get embarrassed either. I see this game like a 23-13 or 20-10 kinda score.
Go Dogs!!


---------------------------------------------
--- LuDog70 wrote:


qwertsod wrote:
Angularvelocity wrote: 24 is a big numer, but I was thinking about 3TD,s (20-21)points. The Dogs are not going to be anywhere near as good on offense as they were in 2013...... And to think that the kid from Duke is going to come in and run all over that Trojan D......is a stretch (he averaged under 4 yards a carry at Duke). If Derek Carr could not get he feet underneath him vs the USC d-line with three of the best WR's in the west running routes.....it' not likely BC or Burell will either. Agree the Dogs could be a little better on D, but if the O gets stuffed (like I think will happen) I expect a score more like 28-10 or 7. not sure if I could give 24.......but felt the same way with DC under center and it got out of hand pretty quick. The line is a good one.damn hard to decide wether to take or give the points.
This.

And no, the new USC offense that Sark will have in place will not be a hinderance. Remember, Fresno averaged 40+ points in CTD's first three games on the job. Just as Fresno did two years ago, when you have an experienced QB and talent in place, it won't matter what scheme you run. They'll adapt and talent will win out.

SC 38
Fresno 14
Cody won't be facing walk on, undersized corners.  SC will have trouble consistently running against our front 7.  The Trojan D will have to worry about a QB who's a legit threat to run which will slow down the rush we saw in LV. 

All this aside, SC will likely get the win but this one will be closer than most think.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/10/2014 12:30 PM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 



qwertsod wrote:
Angularvelocity wrote: 24 is a big numer, but I was thinking about 3TD,s (20-21)points. The Dogs are not going to be anywhere near as good on offense as they were in 2013...... And to think that the kid from Duke is going to come in and run all over that Trojan D......is a stretch (he averaged under 4 yards a carry at Duke). If Derek Carr could not get he feet underneath him vs the USC d-line with three of the best WR's in the west running routes.....it' not likely BC or Burell will either. Agree the Dogs could be a little better on D, but if the O gets stuffed (like I think will happen) I expect a score more like 28-10 or 7. not sure if I could give 24.......but felt the same way with DC under center and it got out of hand pretty quick. The line is a good one.damn hard to decide wether to take or give the points.
This.

And no, the new USC offense that Sark will have in place will not be a hinderance. Remember, Fresno averaged 40+ points in CTD's first three games on the job. Just as Fresno did two years ago, when you have an experienced QB and talent in place, it won't matter what scheme you run. They'll adapt and talent will win out.

SC 38
Fresno 14
The question is who will have the most experienced QB? USC beat us in Vegas with Carr's separated shoulder and our starting cb a walk-on and in the second half we outplayed them. Game was 35-6 at half and ended 45-20.   I think USC takes us lightly and then struggles with us all game....Fresno State 31- USC 21.
"Frequently wrong but never in doubt!"

Last edited 07/10/2014 12:36 PM by 1buffdog

Reply | Quote
  • qwertsod
  • Dog Pound
  • 1870 posts this site

Posted: 07/10/2014 1:54 PM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 



1buffdog wrote:
qwertsod wrote:
Angularvelocity wrote: 24 is a big numer, but I was thinking about 3TD,s (20-21)points. The Dogs are not going to be anywhere near as good on offense as they were in 2013...... And to think that the kid from Duke is going to come in and run all over that Trojan D......is a stretch (he averaged under 4 yards a carry at Duke). If Derek Carr could not get he feet underneath him vs the USC d-line with three of the best WR's in the west running routes.....it' not likely BC or Burell will either. Agree the Dogs could be a little better on D, but if the O gets stuffed (like I think will happen) I expect a score more like 28-10 or 7. not sure if I could give 24.......but felt the same way with DC under center and it got out of hand pretty quick. The line is a good one.damn hard to decide wether to take or give the points.
This.

And no, the new USC offense that Sark will have in place will not be a hinderance. Remember, Fresno averaged 40+ points in CTD's first three games on the job. Just as Fresno did two years ago, when you have an experienced QB and talent in place, it won't matter what scheme you run. They'll adapt and talent will win out.

SC 38
Fresno 14
The question is who will have the most experienced QB? USC beat us in Vegas with Carr's separated shoulder and our starting cb a walk-on and in the second half we outplayed them. Game was 35-6 at half and ended 45-20.   I think USC takes us lightly and then struggles with us all game....Fresno State 31- USC 21.
I'll assume you're talking about Connette.

Kessler will be a fourth year junior, was a full time starter last season, and has thrown 363 passes in his career. Connette will be entering his first season at a new school, was a part-time starter only since last year, and has thrown 182 passes in his career. Connette may have been around longer, but Kessler get's the edge in total experience. That said, I still think Burrell will start against SC, but that Connette will be the starter midway through the year.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/10/2014 2:12 PM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 



qwertsod wrote:
1buffdog wrote:
qwertsod wrote:
Angularvelocity wrote: 24 is a big numer, but I was thinking about 3TD,s (20-21)points. The Dogs are not going to be anywhere near as good on offense as they were in 2013...... And to think that the kid from Duke is going to come in and run all over that Trojan D......is a stretch (he averaged under 4 yards a carry at Duke). If Derek Carr could not get he feet underneath him vs the USC d-line with three of the best WR's in the west running routes.....it' not likely BC or Burell will either. Agree the Dogs could be a little better on D, but if the O gets stuffed (like I think will happen) I expect a score more like 28-10 or 7. not sure if I could give 24.......but felt the same way with DC under center and it got out of hand pretty quick. The line is a good one.damn hard to decide wether to take or give the points.
This.

And no, the new USC offense that Sark will have in place will not be a hinderance. Remember, Fresno averaged 40+ points in CTD's first three games on the job. Just as Fresno did two years ago, when you have an experienced QB and talent in place, it won't matter what scheme you run. They'll adapt and talent will win out.

SC 38
Fresno 14
The question is who will have the most experienced QB? USC beat us in Vegas with Carr's separated shoulder and our starting cb a walk-on and in the second half we outplayed them. Game was 35-6 at half and ended 45-20.   I think USC takes us lightly and then struggles with us all game....Fresno State 31- USC 21.
I'll assume you're talking about Connette.

Kessler will be a fourth year junior, was a full time starter last season, and has thrown 363 passes in his career. Connette will be entering his first season at a new school, was a part-time starter only since last year, and has thrown 182 passes in his career. Connette may have been around longer, but Kessler get's the edge in total experience. That said, I still think Burrell will start against SC, but that Connette will be the starter midway through the year.
Differences of opinions and speculation are the only things that make offseason fan board threads interesting.  You'll go with BB I'll go with BC.  

Regarding SC, I'm well aware of Cody's history, strengths and weaknesses.  Connecting with a perpetually 15 yards wide open Marquise Lee matched up against a 5'6" walk on CB doesn't take NFL level skill.  Cody won't have it as easy in LA as he did in LV which has nothing to do with our QB selection.  

To repeat, I believe SC will win but I also believe it won't be the predicted 24 pt. margin of victory.

 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/10/2014 3:08 PM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 


Brian Burrell? You really think he'll be the starter come Game 1! I'll bet you $100 he doesn't start game 1 unless BC tears his ACL in camp! Night and day IMO on these 2 QB's.
Go Dogs!!

---------------------------------------------
--- qwertsod wrote:


1buffdog wrote:
qwertsod wrote:
Angularvelocity wrote: 24 is a big numer, but I was thinking about 3TD,s (20-21)points. The Dogs are not going to be anywhere near as good on offense as they were in 2013...... And to think that the kid from Duke is going to come in and run all over that Trojan D......is a stretch (he averaged under 4 yards a carry at Duke). If Derek Carr could not get he feet underneath him vs the USC d-line with three of the best WR's in the west running routes.....it' not likely BC or Burell will either. Agree the Dogs could be a little better on D, but if the O gets stuffed (like I think will happen) I expect a score more like 28-10 or 7. not sure if I could give 24.......but felt the same way with DC under center and it got out of hand pretty quick. The line is a good one.damn hard to decide wether to take or give the points.
This.

And no, the new USC offense that Sark will have in place will not be a hinderance. Remember, Fresno averaged 40+ points in CTD's first three games on the job. Just as Fresno did two years ago, when you have an experienced QB and talent in place, it won't matter what scheme you run. They'll adapt and talent will win out.

SC 38
Fresno 14
The question is who will have the most experienced QB? USC beat us in Vegas with Carr's separated shoulder and our starting cb a walk-on and in the second half we outplayed them. Game was 35-6 at half and ended 45-20.   I think USC takes us lightly and then struggles with us all game....Fresno State 31- USC 21.
I'll assume you're talking about Connette.

Kessler will be a fourth year junior, was a full time starter last season, and has thrown 363 passes in his career. Connette will be entering his first season at a new school, was a part-time starter only since last year, and has thrown 182 passes in his career. Connette may have been around longer, but Kessler get's the edge in total experience. That said, I still think Burrell will start against SC, but that Connette will be the starter midway through the year.

---------------------------------------------

Last edited 07/10/2014 9:09 PM by No25juice

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/10/2014 4:37 PM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 



footballboyz wrote:

FS's best chance is a low scoring game where we control the clock with long scoring drives.
I don't believe we can hang in a shoot out, if DC couldn't keep up throwing the ball around  the yard then I highly doubt BC can either. A balanced attack and converting on third down will be key for FS on offense and conversely the defense needs to get off the field on third, which they actually did a pretty good job of in the bowl game in the beginning. Problem was the offense was one dimensional and couldn't sustain drives.

Go Dogs
LuDog wrote:

Cody won't be facing walk on, undersized corners.  SC will have trouble consistently running against our front 7.  The Trojan D will have to worry about a QB who's a legit threat to run which will slow down the rush we saw in LV. 

All this aside, SC will likely get the win but this one will be closer than most think.




agree with both of you  !!  but, you have to believe the dogs have a chance to win, even if it's a slight chance.noidea

first things first - burn last years offensive game plan and bury the ashes deep deep deep in the ground, so as never to be seen again !!!

whats crazy is - what team in their right mind has 1.5 carriers per quarter , when averaging 6 yrds a carry ?  Fresno state bangheadbanghead
blame whom ever you want , but that  " JUST CHUCK THE BALL " game plan sucked and no adjustment  were made.
the way the passing game was going the offensive coordinator should have taken control of the play calling and made adjustments.  only 6 rushing attempts - that's ridiculous by any standard     JMO blah2
LET YOUR PLAY AND COACHING DO THE TALKING ON THE FIELD, NOT YOUR PIE HOLE.

Offense wins games, defense wins championships. That's the old saying

Last edited 07/10/2014 4:48 PM by reydog1

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/10/2014 7:49 PM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 


It wasn't that Derek couldn't get his feet under him, it was that the offense went into a bunker to limit further injury to Derek's left shoulder which was healing from being dislocated a couple weeks earlier.

We will have to see how ready the QBs are in camp, if they can put zip on the ball and run the offense. We better have some one ready who is accurate and makes smart decisions with the ball. USC is going to stack the box and decend the run, and make us prove that we can pass, basic XO's. I'm hoping Zach, and Brian step it up and that Brandon is superman.


---------------------------------------------
--- Angularvelocity wrote:

24 is a big numer, but I was thinking about 3TD,s (20-21)points. The Dogs are not going to be anywhere near as good on offense as they were in 2013...... And to think that the kid from Duke is going to come in and run all over that Trojan D......is a stretch (he averaged under 4 yards a carry at Duke). If Derek Carr could not get he feet underneath him vs the USC d-line with three of the best WR's in the west running routes.....it' not likely BC or Burell will either. Agree the Dogs could be a little better on D, but if the O gets stuffed (like I think will happen) I expect a score more like 28-10 or 7. not sure if I could give 24.......but felt the same way with DC under center and it got out of hand pretty quick. The line is a good one.damn hard to decide wether to take or give the points.

---------------------------------------------
LAter

Go Dogs!
Biting is the easy way out.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/10/2014 10:47 PM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 


I went to Nebraska 3 years ago as 27 point underdogs. Their fans were still nervous with 3 minutes left. We led 21-7.

Since I have be to all 3 FS-USC games, I will try to go to Nebraska instead, but for those that won't travel 1000 miles, please go and support your Dogs, anything can happen.
Photobucket
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/11/2014 4:31 PM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 


Big line but it will probably move
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/13/2014 12:41 PM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 


SMJDog:  I'm keeping my expectations tempered for this season and I think it's best if everyone does the same.

Agreed.  However, expectations and hopes are not the same.  I hope for--and don't think it impossible--for 10-2, and a MWC Championship.  Hope springs eternal!

Go 'Dogs!!
Who let the 'Dogs out?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/14/2014 10:29 AM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 



SteveBurnes wrote: SMJDog:  I'm keeping my expectations tempered for this season and I think it's best if everyone does the same.

Agreed.  However, expectations and hopes are not the same.  I hope for--and don't think it impossible--for 10-2, and a MWC Championship.  Hope springs eternal!

Go 'Dogs!!
Hope is always alive!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/14/2014 10:35 AM

Re: Fresno State 24 point underdogs against USC. 



OCjames wrote: I went to Nebraska 3 years ago as 27 point underdogs. Their fans were still nervous with 3 minutes left. We led 21-7.

Since I have be to all 3 FS-USC games, I will try to go to Nebraska instead, but for those that won't travel 1000 miles, please go and support your Dogs, anything can happen.

we had a good game-plan fopr them, run intil they stopped us, our d just couldnt hold them off

Thumbnail

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/14/2014 8:13 PM

Yoda? 


Please tell us again this is totally mucked up. I want to believe, master!


The happiest place on earth
"g0g0 Bulldog...beat them bite them"

Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/16/2014 8:18 AM

Re: Yoda? 


If you dogs can throw the ball enough to keep USC from playing 8 in the box and stuffing your running game you have a chance.   USC has some Studs up front Williams is a top 10 pick and the other DL aren't far behind.   So you are going to have to attack their back 4.  

Also you better be able to stop those WR, they tore you up in the bowl game and are only getting better.   I know you DBs will be back but it's your pass rush that needs to show up.  Get to Cody and force some mistakes.   If not USC covers.

I am hoping the MWC wins some OOC games this year to help our national Rep.   I don't think it's going to happen for SJSU @ Auburn.   I do think SJSU will beat Minn this year and Navy on the road.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/16/2014 8:31 AM

Re: Yoda? 



slipperypete9696 wrote: If you dogs can throw the ball enough to keep USC from playing 8 in the box and stuffing your running game you have a chance.   USC has some Studs up front Williams is a top 10 pick and the other DL aren't far behind.   So you are going to have to attack their back 4.  

Also you better be able to stop those WR, they tore you up in the bowl game and are only getting better.   I know you DBs will be back but it's your pass rush that needs to show up.  Get to Cody and force some mistakes.   If not USC covers.

I am hoping the MWC wins some OOC games this year to help our national Rep.   I don't think it's going to happen for SJSU @ Auburn.   I do think SJSU will beat Minn this year and Navy on the road.
that game will be a blood-bath

Thumbnail

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/16/2014 9:05 AM

Re: Yoda? 



slipperypete9696 wrote: If you dogs can throw the ball enough to keep USC from playing 8 in the box and stuffing your running game you have a chance.   USC has some Studs up front Williams is a top 10 pick and the other DL aren't far behind.   So you are going to have to attack their back 4.  

Also you better be able to stop those WR, they tore you up in the bowl game and are only getting better.   I know you DBs will be back but it's your pass rush that needs to show up.  Get to Cody and force some mistakes.   If not USC covers.

I am hoping the MWC wins some OOC games this year to help our national Rep.   I don't think it's going to happen for SJSU @ Auburn.   I do think SJSU will beat Minn this year and Navy on the road.
Hey slippery when wet showed up,

SC doesnt have the offensive line they had last year, also the two stud WRs tearing us up last year in Marques Lee and Nelson Agholor, were being covered by 3rd and 4th string defensive backs.  That wont happen this year,  Fortunately for the bulldogs, Lee is gone to the NFL, but Agholor is also an NFL caliber WR that will have to be paid attention to.   The bulldogs need to establish a running game, last year against SC I think the bulldogs rushed the ball only 6 times which is ridiculous and tried to win the game with Carr's arm, which hurt the offense because we were going 3 and out, and had very little time of possession in that game also.  Our defense was stuffing their running game pretty good last year it was SC's passing game exploting our weakened secondary that was killing us, the same thing happened in the San Jose game, Fales and the san jose receivers were almost playing pass and catch last year in our secondary.  The fresno secondary is going to be totally revamped this year and should not be the defenses weak link.

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common.  They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.

Nuff Said!

Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/16/2014 5:15 PM

Re: Yoda? 


I hope you are right about your DBs, USC always has another talented player waiting, Alghor will be tough to deal with plus they have a kid farmer who was the number 1 wr/db out of high school. He's back this year along with a seller wr class.


Fsu need to run the ball to win this game.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 07/16/2014 5:26 PM

Re: Yoda? 



slipperypete9696 wrote: I hope you are right about your DBs, USC always has another talented player waiting, Alghor will be tough to deal with plus they have a kid farmer who was the number 1 wr/db out of high school. He's back this year along with a seller wr class.


Fsu need to run the ball to win this game.
Thanks Captain Obvious!  biggrin

SC had no respect for our run game in the LV bowl, thus the all out pass rush.  They'll have to respect Connette taking off which should open them up.  Our front 7 will give SC's OL all they want.  If we can get some decent DB play, Cody should find himself a lot less comfortable than last December. 

Speaking of MWC OOC performances, try to keep it close at Auburn.

 

Last edited 07/16/2014 5:27 PM by LuDog70

Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/18/2014 9:00 AM

Re: Yoda? 


Ludwig I hope we can. Utah state went in there a couple years ago and almost won. So I have a little hope. The Minnesota game is the one I think we need to win. I am coming down to your game against Nebraska, hope you crush them.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 07/20/2014 9:19 PM

Re: Yoda? 





---------------------------------------------
--- LuDog70 wrote:


slipperypete9696 wrote: I hope you are right about your DBs, USC always has another talented player waiting, Alghor will be tough to deal with plus they have a kid farmer who was the number 1 wr/db out of high school. He's back this year along with a seller wr class.


Fsu need to run the ball to win this game.
Thanks Captain Obvious!  biggrin

SC had no respect for our run game in the LV bowl, thus the all out pass rush.  They'll have to respect Connette taking off which should open them up.  Our front 7 will give SC's OL all they want.  If we can get some decent DB play, Cody should find himself a lot less comfortable than last December. 

Speaking of MWC OOC performances, try to keep it close at Auburn.

---------------------------------------------
If Connette plays, SC will simply have a linebacker shadow the QB to stop any runs. Their expectation is a linebacker of their caliber can stop a Fresno State caliber QB. Our hope is .. That won't be enough to stop the QB run/ option pass. We will see!🐾🐾🐾
Reply | Quote