Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

BF3 or MW3? PC or console?

Avatar

Posted: 11/12/2011 9:16 AM

BF3 or MW3? PC or console? 


I've played the last few CODs.  Never played BF series.

I used to prefer playing FPS on PC, but moved to console with the last couple CODs.

Which game do you recommend and which platform?  (PC or PS3?)
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/12/2011 11:45 AM

Re: BF3 or MW3? PC or console? 



bling311 wrote: I've played the last few CODs.  Never played BF series.

I used to prefer playing FPS on PC, but moved to console with the last couple CODs.

Which game do you recommend and which platform?  (PC or PS3?)
Well I have a PS3 but if you pick up Battlefield 3, I would probably suggest you get it on PC....Better graphics/ 64 player online (as opposed to 24)/ extended maps etc...Dice specifically catered the game to the PC audience, although it does translate extremely well on the consoles.  I would go with BF over MW3, if you played the last CODs, this one isnt anything much more than a map pack
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/12/2011 1:50 PM

Re: BF3 or MW3? PC or console? 


I play bf3 on xbox.  I enjoyed the last edition of the game too.  This is very good.

I've also played the last 2 CODs, and they just don't do it for me.

If you like run and gun, go with COD.

If you like strategy and squad tactics, then go with BF3.  That's my recommendation about the differences in the games.

So, it depends on what you like to do.

I prefer tactical gameplay vs. run-n-gun against pre-pubescent children.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/12/2011 8:53 PM

RE: BF3 or MW3? PC or console? 


MW3 is basically a MW reboot. Got some differences in terms of kill streams and ranking up, but not a whole lot of differences in gameplay overall.

I love COD far more than Battlefield so it is really personal preference. And I think console gaming surpassed computer gaming long ago
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/12/2011 9:45 PM

RE: BF3 or MW3? PC or console? 



eersandbeers wrote: MW3 is basically a MW reboot. Got some differences in terms of kill streams and ranking up, but not a whole lot of differences in gameplay overall.

I love COD far more than Battlefield so it is really personal preference. And I think console gaming surpassed computer gaming long ago
Depends how committed you are to your gaming PC...if you go all out with the graphics cards and processors, PC will own consoles, but typically they can be laggy on a normal PC
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/12/2011 11:23 PM

RE: BF3 or MW3? PC or console? 



NorthernWV wrote:
eersandbeers wrote: MW3 is basically a MW reboot. Got some differences in terms of kill streams and ranking up, but not a whole lot of differences in gameplay overall.

I love COD far more than Battlefield so it is really personal preference. And I think console gaming surpassed computer gaming long ago
Depends how committed you are to your gaming PC...if you go all out with the graphics cards and processors, PC will own consoles, but typically they can be laggy on a normal PC


I originally started computer gaming with the Rainbow Six/Eagle Watch/Rogue Spear era, but there were so many hackers and modders that it drove me away. The ability to cheat on console is far less.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/14/2011 10:28 AM

RE: BF3 or MW3? PC or console? 


Still happens on console unfortunately.

I went ahead and picked up MW3 (on Xbox) and in one of my first matches online I ran into a guy who was a prestige in the high 50s, who proceeded to one shot kill me 5 times in about 90 seconds, from absolutely ridiculous distances (like halfway across the map).....all while running and hip-firing with a ACR (I watched each killcam before I finally ragequit). He wasn't quickscoping - it was literally hip fire one shot kills from 3 blocks away, over and over and over. Once my tiny digital avatar came into the open he moved his gun vaguely in my direction, fired off a shot or two without looking down the sights, and down I went. Had to be some kind of aimbot hack.

Once? Sure, it can happen - 5 times in the span of minute or two? ********.

Ambitious, but rubbish

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/14/2011 7:14 PM

RE: BF3 or MW3? PC or console? 


That's why I avoid MW3.  

On a side note, there are - allegedly - some mods out there in which you can adapt a controller to auto-aim for the head.  I have read a few things about it, but not quite sure the scope of it or if it is 100% validated.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/15/2011 8:26 AM

RE: BF3 or MW3? PC or console? 


To be fair - I have put in about 40-45 online matches at this point and that was the only obvious BS thing I have run into. I haven't even seen any quick-scoping yet. You can still bet that seeing as how that experience was in my 2nd or 3rd online match I had a "oh ****" moment of doubt about picking MW3.

The other major complaint a lot of people seem to be having - killstreak stacking - doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. Definitely isn't "game-breaking" like it was in Medal of Honor. Sure there are occasional matches where there are 5 UAVs, 2 care-packages, and a gunship up at one time between the two sides - but that is why I keep a custom class with counter UAV and SAM turret rewards ready. Can be fun to watch a group of guys flip out when you take away the beloved air/UAV support.

Ambitious, but rubbish

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/16/2011 3:56 PM

RE: BF3 or MW3? PC or console? 


The Campaign on MW3 is super dope, the multiplayer is not much different than before. BF3 is super dope with turtle beaches.


Get some of both in your life

from time to time I sway a mind

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/17/2011 8:06 PM

RE: BF3 or MW3? PC or console? 


The difference on console is Xbox will ban you in a second if they find modding. They actually ban your entire Xbox from Live.

Believe me, the people in the high 50's after a few hours are getting looked at.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/17/2011 9:34 PM

RE: BF3 or MW3? PC or console? 



eersandbeers wrote: The difference on console is Xbox will ban you in a second if they find modding. They actually ban your entire Xbox from Live.

Believe me, the people in the high 50's after a few hours are getting looked at.
lol well i'll never have to worry about that.

Me with my 1.2 K/D ratio, lol.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2011 8:46 AM

RE: BF3 or MW3? PC or console? 



eersandbeers wrote: The difference on console is Xbox will ban you in a second if they find modding. They actually ban your entire Xbox from Live.

Believe me, the people in the high 50's after a few hours are getting looked at.
That's great, I wish psn would do that too.  How can cheating be fun?  It takes any challenge out of the game.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/5/2011 8:30 AM

RE: BF3 or MW3? PC or console? 


There is nothing better than BF3 on a PC.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2011 6:27 PM

Re: BF3 or MW3? PC or console? 


BF3 is far better.
Reply | Quote