Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National Championship..

Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 1:25 AM

Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National Championship.. 


How boring this season will end up.... blah.


A Mountaineer in the other Charleston

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 1:29 AM

RE: Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National Championsh 


Will.....not......watch. Seriously.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 1:31 AM

Re: Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National 


Yeah, we can thank Pitt for Notre Lame's opportunity.  I would love to see USC pound the Irish next week, but Matt Barkley has a shoulder injury that might keep him out of the game.  Notre Lame gets another freaking break!  If ND ends up playing in the MNC, I hope they get blasted into oblivion.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 1:37 AM

RE: Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National Championsh 


I know it cannot be rigged to end up with the SEC always in the big show, but really... look at the current BCS.

Since #1 & #2 lost tonight, the next BCS will be... Notre Dame at #1, and then 2-7 are all SEC schools... Really? I mean look at who Florida has played this year, Bowling Green, Vanderbilt, LA-Lafayette, Jacksonville St, Kentucky... and a few SEC East teams, that are all sucking. The only good team I am use that term loosely, was Georgia and they lost.


1 Notre Dame 11-0
2Alabama 10-1
3Georgia 10-1
4Florida 10-1
5LSU 9-2
6Texas A&M9-2
7South Carolina9-2


A Mountaineer in the other Charleston

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 1:39 AM

Re: Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National 


+1
FBcoachD wrote: How boring this season will end up.... blah.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/18/2012 1:41 AM

RE: Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National Championsh 


My prediction is this.......

USC beats ND
Alabama beat UGA in SEC Title Game
FSU beats Florida and jumps all the way to #2
Oregon gets back up and wins out to go 12-1

Big debate will be should FSU 12-1 or Oregon 12-1 play Bama.
Reply | Quote
  • STEELSB
  • Buckskin
  • 1129 posts this site

Posted: 11/18/2012 1:43 AM

RE: Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National Championsh 



sm3085 wrote: My prediction is this.......

USC beats ND
Alabama beat UGA in SEC Title Game
FSU beats Florida and jumps all the way to #2
Oregon gets back up and wins out to go 12-1

Big debate will be should FSU 12-1 or Oregon 12-1 play Bama.
Oregon, fairly easily, would get the #2 spot in that scenario.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/18/2012 1:45 AM

RE: Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National Championsh 



STEELSB wrote:
sm3085 wrote: My prediction is this.......

USC beats ND
Alabama beat UGA in SEC Title Game
FSU beats Florida and jumps all the way to #2
Oregon gets back up and wins out to go 12-1

Big debate will be should FSU 12-1 or Oregon 12-1 play Bama.
Oregon, fairly easily, would get the #2 spot in that scenario.
Not sure about that. Everyone loves the SEC and if FSU beat a 10-1 UF team they'll jump wayyyyy up in the human polls. Then they get a gimme win the the ACC Title Game.  Could be interesting.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 1:48 AM

RE: Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National Championsh 


ACC Coastal is all messed up. Clearly FSU is going to Represent the ACC Atlantic, but there I have no idea who will represent the Coastal.

Georgia Tech, 5-3
North Carolina, 4-3
Miami (FL), 4-3

GA Tech, played out, but they lost to Miami
North Carolina, has 1 game against Maryland and will win that for sure, but they lost to GA Tech
Miami, has 1 game against Duke and will win that likely, but they lost to North Carolina

So... lol?


A Mountaineer in the other Charleston

Last edited 11/18/2012 1:49 AM by FBcoachD

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 1:48 AM

RE: Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National Championsh 


It will be Touchdown Jesus -v- Alabama, any other outcome will be wishful thinking at this point. I just don't see either falling with what's left. The media will all be happy and up in arms over the match up and we'll all be dulled to sleep with a defense -v- defense low scoring game.

Last edited 11/18/2012 1:49 AM by WVU1024

Reply | Quote
  • STEELSB
  • Buckskin
  • 1129 posts this site

Posted: 11/18/2012 1:49 AM

RE: Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National Championsh 



sm3085 wrote:
STEELSB wrote:
sm3085 wrote: My prediction is this.......

USC beats ND
Alabama beat UGA in SEC Title Game
FSU beats Florida and jumps all the way to #2
Oregon gets back up and wins out to go 12-1

Big debate will be should FSU 12-1 or Oregon 12-1 play Bama.
Oregon, fairly easily, would get the #2 spot in that scenario.
Not sure about that. Everyone loves the SEC and if FSU beat a 10-1 UF team they'll jump wayyyyy up in the human polls. Then they get a gimme win the the ACC Title Game.  Could be interesting.
FSU is currently 10th in the BCS standings.  Small chance of this happening if they blow out Florida, but they're then looking at playing 7-4 UNC for the ACC title.  If Oregon finishes 12-1, they will do it by beating two ranked teams and possibly two teams ranked inside the top 15.
Reply | Quote
  • STEELSB
  • Buckskin
  • 1129 posts this site

Posted: 11/18/2012 1:53 AM

RE: Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National Championsh 



WVU1024 wrote: It will be Touchdown Jesus -v- Alabama, any other outcome will be wishful thinking at this point. I just don't see either falling with what's left. The media will all be happy and up in arms over the match up and we'll all be dulled to sleep with a defense -v- defense low scoring game.
How many thought that 4-5 Baylor would beat K-State by 28?  It's not that far fetched to think that USC could beat ND at the coliseum, even without Barkley.  There'd still be plenty of talent leftover.  Biggest obstacle would be overcoming their head coach.

Last edited 11/18/2012 1:54 AM by STEELSB

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 1:59 AM

RE: Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National Championsh 


I had Baylor to win that game over on my ESPN's pick'ems, K State was gonna fall at some point in the season.  I just don't think USC is any good, i do however think ND as much as i dislike them, are far better and will walk out with the W.  Of course anything is possibly but i just don't think it will happen realistically.
STEELSB wrote:
WVU1024 wrote: It will be Touchdown Jesus -v- Alabama, any other outcome will be wishful thinking at this point. I just don't see either falling with what's left. The media will all be happy and up in arms over the match up and we'll all be dulled to sleep with a defense -v- defense low scoring game.
How many thought that 4-5 Baylor would beat K-State by 28?  It's not that far fetched to think that USC could beat ND at the coliseum, even without Barkley.  There'd still be plenty of talent leftover.  Biggest obstacle would be overcoming their head coach.

Last edited 11/18/2012 2:00 AM by WVU1024

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/18/2012 2:41 AM

RE: Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National Championsh 


I am getting tired of hearing how special and how good for football an unbeaten Notre Dame is. Yes, I know they have a big fanbase and get ratings, but they also have about every competitive advantage possible. I am not sure how good of a character Brain Kelly is either, but I must admit that he and Urban sure know how to win games that are there for the taking. If they get there, I hope Saban shows no mercy, though I expect the damage is done on the recruiting trail and in the coverage they'll get.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/18/2012 8:33 AM

Re: Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National 


I've been rooting for Notre Dame to be stomped all damn year.  The slimy bastards continue to survive, once or twice with some home cookin, if you know what I mean.  I don't have much faith in Lane 'number changin' Kiffin to be able to beat them either, so it appears Notre Dame is headed to the big game.  As far as who plays them, I would prefer Alabama, if for no other reason than I believe Nick Saban with a month to prepare for any team is about as close to a lock as you will ever see in college football.  That being said, I don't really care, as long as whoever plays the Irish, stomps the piss out of them.  I don't want it close.  I want the game over by half time.  I want to see lots of fan reaction shots of Irish fans blubbering and crying (see last night's Oregon game for perfect example), as their 'GOD' team gets completely dismantled.  devil
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/18/2012 8:54 AM

RE: Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National Championsh 




---------------------------------------------
--- FBcoachD wrote:

ACC Coastal is all messed up. Clearly FSU is going to Represent the ACC Atlantic, but there I have no idea who will represent the Coastal.

Georgia Tech, 5-3
North Carolina, 4-3
Miami (FL), 4-3

GA Tech, played out, but they lost to Miami
North Carolina, has 1 game against Maryland and will win that for sure, but they lost to GA Tech
Miami, has 1 game against Duke and will win that likely, but they lost to North Carolina

So... lol?

---------------------------------------------
Pretty sure UNC can't play for the title since they're on probation this year
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 9:38 AM

Re: Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National 


I am fine with the SEC winning it all again as long as it isn't Notre Dame
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 10:02 AM

Re: Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National 


ALABAMA

Last edited 11/18/2012 10:03 AM by UpJoes

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 10:06 AM

Re: Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National 


FSU will not beat UF....Bama will win out and it will depend on ND.  If ND beats USC it will be ND-Bama.  If ND loses, it will be Bama vs SEC East #1 in the SEC Champ game.  Whoever wins that will play SEC East #2 in the NCG....So itll prob be (in order of likeliness)
Bama vs ND,
Bama vs. UF
Bama vs. UGA
UGA vs ND
UF vs ND
UGA vs UF
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/18/2012 10:18 AM

RE: Alabama or Georgia VS Notre Dame for the National Championsh 


Hope USC AD tells Kiffin he is coaching for his job !!!
--------------if you are born a Mountaineer, you are born to have your heart broken!! ----------------
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >