Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 6  Next >

If a given private school has....

Posted: 06/20/2014 3:31 PM

If a given private school has.... 


10-20 junior and senior kids transfer out. Does that make room for 20 junior and senior kids to transfer in? Do they try and fill those spots or  do they just drop enrollment in those grades.  How does the adminn go about filling those spaces if they do not have applicants waiting to get in? I wouldn't think that letting those spaces go unfilled would be beneficial.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 7:47 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 



nadefanweek6 wrote: 10-20 junior and senior kids transfer out. Does that make room for 20 junior and senior kids to transfer in? Do they try and fill those spots or  do they just drop enrollment in those grades.  How does the adminn go about filling those spaces if they do not have applicants waiting to get in? I wouldn't think that letting those spaces go unfilled would be beneficial.
Sorry..are you mentioning Crespi. They got what they deserved going down the Mack & Porter highway.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 9:18 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 



WoodBurns wrote:
nadefanweek6 wrote: 10-20 junior and senior kids transfer out. Does that make room for 20 junior and senior kids to transfer in? Do they try and fill those spots or  do they just drop enrollment in those grades.  How does the adminn go about filling those spaces if they do not have applicants waiting to get in? I wouldn't think that letting those spaces go unfilled would be beneficial.
Sorry..are you mentioning Crespi. They got what they deserved going down the Mack & Porter highway.
I just want to know what a school is supposed to do. If im in charge im out looking for kids to fill any openings
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/20/2014 9:34 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 



nadefanweek6 wrote:
WoodBurns wrote:
nadefanweek6 wrote: 10-20 junior and senior kids transfer out. Does that make room for 20 junior and senior kids to transfer in? Do they try and fill those spots or  do they just drop enrollment in those grades.  How does the adminn go about filling those spaces if they do not have applicants waiting to get in? I wouldn't think that letting those spaces go unfilled would be beneficial.
Sorry..are you mentioning Crespi. They got what they deserved going down the Mack & Porter highway.
I just want to know what a school is supposed to do. If im in charge im out looking for kids to fill any openings


Out looking for kids?? Looking for kids as in scouting and offering scholarships to league rivals?


I hope as an acting school principal or admissions director, if you did go about filling these openings, you went about it with an academic agenda that benefitted your school the most, preventing the athletic-motivated agenda


If you were to go out looking for kids to fill the school, I would hope you would be looking for students that had the necessary academics without prior expulsions or behavioral issues. Especially if it was a Catholic institution that upholds a mission statement based upon a religious philosophy of education and the teaching of the Catholic Church on Christian Education. 

As an admissions director, it'd be important to fill these openings with students who were in the band, were artists, were on academic decathlon, or involved in their prior school's drama program.

Filling openings with students who catered to an admissions director's "athletic domination" motives would not help create a well-rounded school. It would clearly show that there are other motives, and that the sports program comes before all other aspects that make the school a great place for all types of kids.


But I guess the Chaminade mindset is if ten students of assorted backgrounds leave, replace them with ten quality athletes (preferably those from rival schools).

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 9:42 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 



NDHSAlum wrote:
nadefanweek6 wrote:
WoodBurns wrote:
nadefanweek6 wrote: 10-20 junior and senior kids transfer out. Does that make room for 20 junior and senior kids to transfer in? Do they try and fill those spots or  do they just drop enrollment in those grades.  How does the adminn go about filling those spaces if they do not have applicants waiting to get in? I wouldn't think that letting those spaces go unfilled would be beneficial.
Sorry..are you mentioning Crespi. They got what they deserved going down the Mack & Porter highway.
I just want to know what a school is supposed to do. If im in charge im out looking for kids to fill any openings


Out looking for kids?? Looking for kids as in scouting and offering scholarships to league rivals?


I hope as an acting school principal or admissions director, if you did go about filling these openings, you went about it with an academic agenda that benefitted your school the most, preventing the athletic-motivated agenda


If you were to go out looking for kids to fill the school, I would hope you would be looking for students that had the necessary academics without prior expulsions or behavioral issues. Especially if it was a Catholic institution that upholds a mission statement based upon a religious philosophy of education and the teaching of the Catholic Church on Christian Education. 

As an admissions director, it'd be important to fill these openings with students who were in the band, were artists, were on academic decathlon, or involved in their prior school's drama program.

Filling openings with students who catered to an admissions director's "athletic domination" motives would not help create a well-rounded school. It would clearly show that there are other motives, and that the sports program comes before all other aspects that make the school a great place for all types of kids.


But I guess the Chaminade mindset is if ten students of assorted backgrounds leave, replace them with ten quality athletes (preferably those from rival schools).

Wow! You got it all figured out. 

I would recruit kids that were most beneficial for the school . Is that the best student, athlete, , I dont know. It all depends. Obviously they will need the academics. It takes all kinds to build a diverse student body.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 10:14 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 


This is comedy to me. As admissions director, Nadefanweek6 and his Croson-lover cronies would look for musicians/artists for all of three seconds before eventually "settling" on Alemany football transfers.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 10:27 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 



philly2507 wrote: This is comedy to me. As admissions director, Nadefanweek6 and his Croson-lover cronies would look for musicians/artists for all of three seconds before eventually "settling" on Alemany football transfers.
What makes a musician or artist any more worthy? Im saying it all depends on what is best for the school. 
That santa barbara shooter was a very good writer imo. Maybe a very good student. That doesnt relate to success in lif or how beneficial to society one might b.
. I can argue this all night long. You gotta b kidding.

Last edited 06/20/2014 10:28 PM by nadefanweek6

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 10:42 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 



nadefanweek6 wrote:
WoodBurns wrote:
nadefanweek6 wrote: 10-20 junior and senior kids transfer out. Does that make room for 20 junior and senior kids to transfer in? Do they try and fill those spots or  do they just drop enrollment in those grades.  How does the adminn go about filling those spaces if they do not have applicants waiting to get in? I wouldn't think that letting those spaces go unfilled would be beneficial.
Sorry..are you mentioning Crespi. They got what they deserved going down the Mack & Porter highway.
I just want to know what a school is supposed to do. If im in charge im out looking for kids to fill any openings
Openings for what?  The football team or student body?

I don't think most of the supporters of transfers are getting it.  At all.  As much as it will pain me to see losses to ND (especially), Alemany, and Chaminade (humbling, in view of the respective traditions), guys like Crex and me would rather lose without transfers than win with them.  We'd rather have players that want to go to Crespi, win or lose, than players that want to go to Crespi just to win.

Whether or not you support the idea of transferring to a "winner" because you want your "ring", or transferring for whatever reason, I don't know why it's so hard for some of you at least try to imagine the other point of view. 

And if you assemble a team like Crespi's 1993 semi finalist, it's so much more sweet to get where you got with homegrown underachievers than guys who came in and took someone else's spot in the line up.  Crespi was lining up against an Eisenhower team that had twice the talent and half the heart.  They came within an eyelash of taking D 1 that year.

I'm looking more forward to this season at Crespi than any I've seen in years, because guys are transferring out.  Guys that weren't there for the right reason.  Leaving a band of brothers.  Who knows?  They may win league.  And if so, with true satisfaction because of the way it went down.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/21/2014 10:13 AM

Re: If a given private school has.... 


This is an EXCELLENT post by Nadefan.  Thank you Nadefan.

Here's the way the people thought before Galileo: "The sun and the planets revolve around the Earth."

After:  "The Earth and planets revolve around the sun."

Here's Nade's way of thinking:  "The school revolves around the boys football and basketball teams."

Most everyone else: "Athletics are a part of the academic experience, but athletics revolve around the school, not the other way around."

When I was at Crespi, my class accepted ONE transfer in for the 11th grade, and zero for 12th.  The one that came in moved here from Europe, played on the JV Soccer team, and was ridiculously smarter than almost all of us -- spoke four languages, was cultured, and had lived all over the world.  His parents paid full tuition.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/21/2014 12:48 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 


Hey Celt. You sound like a person that has a problem with kids that need financial aid and are athletic.
You can't be mad at a kid who want a great education and play for a quality program like Chaminade.

All parents want the best for their kids. Its a dream made reality when you're able to find a home with the best of both worlds. What about the kids that attended Chaminade before becoming CIF/State Champs, did you have a problem with them?

I can remember when you had lots of kids who wanted to attend Crespi in their heyday. Tides change and right now Nade is riding them in!! :)

Last edited 06/21/2014 12:51 PM by coodie

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/21/2014 12:58 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 



coodie wrote: Hey Celt. You sound like a person that has a problem with kids that need financial aid and are athletic.
You can't be mad at a kid who want a great education and play for a quality program like Chaminade.

All parents want the best for their kids. Its a dream made reality when you're able to find a home with the best of both worlds. What about the kids that attended Chaminade before becoming CIF/State Champs, did you have a problem with them?

I can remember when you had lots of kids who wanted to attend Crespi in their heyday. Tides change and right now Nade is riding them in!! :)
Nade has a lot of money to give, apparently...there's a lot of talented and smart and intelligent kids who don't  play sports who need an opportunity.

But Nade focuses their money on recruiting athletes from other schools and from juvenile delinquents previously expelled from other privates.

With all the talk of academics at Nade that your supporters spew, maybe helping out a really smart kid that's a prodigy violin or flute player, or with a physical disability whose parents can't afford a private school would be a more Christian/Catholic/Marianist way of spending your money than on quarterbacks and point guards.

Last edited 06/21/2014 12:59 PM by CeltasaurusRex

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/21/2014 1:11 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 


Nade, I hope you do know that it is natural for a private school to have a lower number of seniors than freshmen. A lot of times, students get kicked out, can no longer afford the school, or just decide to leave. I know Notre Dame for one loses many kids per year, but we do not fill each and every one of these openings. We simply just have a smaller class size, and will only take in transfers who meet in our requirements. It seems like Chaminade likes to think otherwise. "10 students with diverse students leave, replace them with ten football/basketball players from our league rival schools."

Before I hear "Then why did CJ Sanders get accepted into the school?" or "Why did Adam Carr get accepted into the school?", let me give you the answers.

CJ Sanders lived in California for his entire life up until high school, when he moved to Tenessee. Had he not moved, he would have gone to Notre Dame, along with most of his friends who he has temporarily stayed with during his visits back to California.

As for Carr, he moved from Westlake to Sherman Oaks. And he split time as the Westlake JV Starting QB, so that would make him the 3rd string Quarterback in Westlake's Class of 2016.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/21/2014 1:25 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 



NDHSAlum wrote: Nade, I hope you do know that it is natural for a private school to have a lower number of seniors than freshmen. A lot of times, students get kicked out, can no longer afford the school, or just decide to leave. I know Notre Dame for one loses many kids per year, but we do not fill each and every one of these openings. We simply just have a smaller class size, and will only take in transfers who meet in our requirements. It seems like Chaminade likes to think otherwise. "10 students with diverse students leave, replace them with ten football/basketball players from our league rival schools."

Before I hear "Then why did CJ Sanders get accepted into the school?" or "Why did Adam Carr get accepted into the school?", let me give you the answers.

CJ Sanders lived in California for his entire life up until high school, when he moved to Tenessee. Had he not moved, he would have gone to Notre Dame, along with most of his friends who he has temporarily stayed with during his visits back to California.

As for Carr, he moved from Westlake to Sherman Oaks. And he split time as the Westlake JV Starting QB, so that would make him the 3rd string Quarterback in Westlake's Class of 2016.
Who said transfers at nade dont meet requirements? 
You idiots always assume shat because you are too stupid to think. 
I dont happen to think that a violinist, artist, thesbian, are any more important to society than a trash truck driver.

I dont care about those ND kids and never asked. 

since you seem to know what transfers nade has accepted for the fall please let us know. I dont knpw. For all I know they may have accepted 10 kids who dont play a sport. Is it possible for a great student to be a great athlete? You tell me, yes or no?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/21/2014 1:29 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 


How do you take a kid from another school? Isn't that kidnapping and punishable??
Hey, I've got a idea, you guys should send someone through the process of testing, grades, interview and financial aid. Then report back to us.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/21/2014 2:06 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 


Speaking of the Arts.
What school has the most state of the art performing arts center?

From what I have seen, no other local private school comes close to the Tutor center at Nade.
Check it out.

Tutor Center - Chaminade College Preparatory

tutor family center for the performing arts.


Technology....

What school has the most successful Engineering/Robotics team in the area that has more team members (63) than the football team?
Nade

Chaminade students ready to show off in world robotics competition

Eric Fusselman, left, and Collin Lane work on the backup robot. Chaminade has created a robot that has performed so well, the team is headed to St. Louis for the World Robotics Championship. John McCoy — Staff photographer

by susan abram, los angeles daily news

posted: 04/20/14, 3:33 pm pdt |

2 comments

west hills >> its name is legacy and it looks like a lawn mower .

but cutting grass isn’t part of its skills set. instead, legacy can launch a yoga ball 26 feet and zoom across the room at a speed of 17 feet per second.

its creators now hope legacy also can win them an upcoming world championship and leave a lasting impression in the field of robotic competitions.

since january, chaminade college preparatory’s eagle engineering robotics team has focused on building, programming, training, and strengthening legacy. the robot has proven itself. earlier this month legacy and chaminade’s team 1138 swept the first robotics colorado regional competition, winning 17 straight matches to take the tournament. the wins helped the team qualify for the world championship in st. louis, which begins on wednesday.

as far as robotic competitions go, the first world championship is a big one, said team coach and robotics program director tommy smeltzer.

“we’ve been in the middle of the pack for years, but we think we have a robot that can get us to that elite level,” smeltzer said.

billed as a competition that combines the excitement of sports with the rigors of science and technology, the world’s first robotics competition draws international teams from as far away as hong kong and chile as well as those from local technology centered regions, such as silicon valley. this year’s competition involves a game called aerial assist, which pits three randomly selected allied teams against three others in a basketball-like match. robots lob yoga balls to score as many goals as possible.

in addition to mastering the technology, the competition also teaches the importance of building alliances, smeltzer said. even in engineering, human interaction goes a long way, he said.

“it’s all about alliance building,” smeltzer said. “it encourages them to be competitive but also gracious. “

all the teams who participate in the first competitions are bound by the same set of rules. in january, they received instructions to build a robot in six weeks. it can’t weigh more than 120 pounds or cost more than $4,000.

on a recent afternoon, some students from the 63-member eagles engineering team gathered at chaminade’s student center for last minute refining on a duplicate version of legacy. competition rules say no work can be done on the real one, which has already been shipped to st. louis. the robot uses a catapult-like technology that, with the help of garage door springs , can fling anything fast and hard. the so-called arms sit on a base that moves on eight wheels.

jeremy ellis and collin lane, both 18, worked on various aspects of building and programing legacy, such as creating codes that make the robot move by remote control, among other duties.

“eagle engineering’s qualification for the world championship is a symbol of every member’s struggle, determination, and loyalty to the program,” lane said. “to me, it’s a constant reminder that hard work and dedication will pay off.”

and for the first time, the team used a 3-d printer to create some of legacy’s plastic parts, said basi angulo, 18.

ellis said he’s been on the engineering team since middle school. he plans to study bio-medical engineering.

“i can’t tell you how big this is,” he said of the world competition. “it’s a great experience.”

during its first competition in long beach, the team experienced technical problems and placed 55th there. but working together, they managed to fix legacy.

the lesson there and for the students in general, is that there is no end to what robots can and will one day do, smeltzer said.

“robots now in the pipeline will one day blow people’s minds,” smeltzer said.



This Nade student shows her talent.


A few years back there was a Chaminade basketball player who had a perfect ACT score.

Dont try and paint Chaminade as a football/basketball only school. Chaminade has one of the most well rounded student bodies in Los angeles.

Last edited 06/21/2014 2:13 PM by nadefanweek6

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/21/2014 2:13 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 


ND has it down.  They take chances on some talented frosh guys like Lambert every yr.  

If a kid screw up they phase you out by changing the "aid" pack early on so you cant pay or they kick you out because you still messin up as a soph.  

They also lose some guys cuz they cut out the aid as you go.  Happen to my friend son and they had to move to Alemany.  He started at 70% aid then ND tried 50% as soph but he got 70% when he didnt show up and they called and upped the deal.   Then they tried 30% Jr yr  and then went to 50% and he couldnt do that so they had to leave.  Its business.  

I got no prob with the Sanders thing and you are right with that.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/21/2014 2:32 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 


A friend of mine had a kid at Nade who got 60% aid and the kid didnt play a sport.
Kid couldnt cut the classwork so they took him out after his freshman year.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/21/2014 3:22 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 



coodie wrote: How do you take a kid from another school? Isn't that kidnapping and punishable??
Hey, I've got a idea, you guys should send someone through the process of testing, grades, interview and financial aid. Then report back to us.
Lets send someone that ran run a 4.6 40 or heave a football 60 yards on the fly...

Or dribble and shoot a basketball, or is 6-8 and can dunk and rebound like Rodman!

I have an idea!  Let's send Remy Martin through the process, and an Asian kid that plays the cello and has a 4.0 gpa.  Let's see who gets the money.  And who would be more deserving.  I think we all know who gets the $cholarship money at Nade.  COLD HARD CASH!  GO EAGLE$$$!

Robotics competition?  Whoever posted that, who the hell cares about kids sitting around and assembling Transformer look alikes that walk around and pick sh!t up?

And as for you, Nadefan, I bet you'd have a lot to say about that Asian cellist.  I wonder where he'd appear in the phone book???

Last edited 06/21/2014 3:28 PM by CeltasaurusRex

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/21/2014 3:24 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 



nadefanweek6 wrote: Speaking of the Arts.
What school has the most state of the art performing arts center?

Dont try and paint Chaminade as a football/basketball only school. Chaminade has one of the most well rounded student bodies in Los angeles.
I saw the Nade cheerleaders on TV last season vs. ND.  And I'll give you that...they were well rounded.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/21/2014 3:33 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 


Nade - the Girl with the talent you posted about her already.
I remember I checked her out.
You need some different examples for your argument if nade has so many students
With talent that are non athletic.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/22/2014 5:33 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 


you are a complete moron...you haven't a clue what you are talking about...as usual.  You just hate Nade so much that you will spew any line of crap that fits your narrative.  Once more for the record and maybe you could take notes this time so you can refresh your memory.   All private schools recruit...that's how they get kids.  Recruiting is not illegal as long as there is not undue influence.  Nade follows the rules and there has never been a shred of evidence nor even a credible accusation of undue influence.  The enrollment at Chaminade is at an all time high with waiting lists because the program is first rate...academically, artistically and, yes, athletically.  A program of that quality attracts kids.  I believe that Crespi, under Fr. Tom's leadership will return to that status soon, and frankly I hope they do.  Now, unless you have some proof of wrongdoing...and the fact that kids are transferring into a program is not proof of anything...you should stop with the ridiculous and unsubstantiated charges. But of course you won't. 
CeltasaurusRex wrote:
coodie wrote: Hey Celt. You sound like a person that has a problem with kids that need financial aid and are athletic.
You can't be mad at a kid who want a great education and play for a quality program like Chaminade.

All parents want the best for their kids. Its a dream made reality when you're able to find a home with the best of both worlds. What about the kids that attended Chaminade before becoming CIF/State Champs, did you have a problem with them?

I can remember when you had lots of kids who wanted to attend Crespi in their heyday. Tides change and right now Nade is riding them in!! :)
Nade has a lot of money to give, apparently...there's a lot of talented and smart and intelligent kids who don't  play sports who need an opportunity.

But Nade focuses their money on recruiting athletes from other schools and from juvenile delinquents previously expelled from other privates.

With all the talk of academics at Nade that your supporters spew, maybe helping out a really smart kid that's a prodigy violin or flute player, or with a physical disability whose parents can't afford a private school would be a more Christian/Catholic/Marianist way of spending your money than on quarterbacks and point guards.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/22/2014 10:49 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 



nadeguy wrote:  The enrollment at Chaminade is at an all time high with waiting lists because the program is first rate...academically, artistically and, yes, athletically.  A program of that quality attracts kids...and the fact that kids are transferring into a program is not proof of anything...
First, I take back everything I said about you.   And now...

Again, a Chaminade supporter unwittingly rats our their own program!

Above, you say that, "The enrollment at Chaminade is at an all time high with waiting lists because the program is first rate."

Now allow me to destroy you and your whole great school, no illegal recruiting, no athletic scholarships bullsh!t right  here and now.

Was Remy Martin on the waiting list at Chaminade before he was excused from Sierra Canyon for misconduct?

Or do athletes get to cut straight to the front of the line?

Of course, no undue influence is being peddled anywhere...
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/22/2014 11:43 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 



CeltasaurusRex wrote:
nadeguy wrote:  The enrollment at Chaminade is at an all time high with waiting lists because the program is first rate...academically, artistically and, yes, athletically.  A program of that quality attracts kids...and the fact that kids are transferring into a program is not proof of anything...
First, I take back everything I said about you.   And now...

Again, a Chaminade supporter unwittingly rats our their own program!

Above, you say that, "The enrollment at Chaminade is at an all time high with waiting lists because the program is first rate."

Now allow me to destroy you and your whole great school, no illegal recruiting, no athletic scholarships bullsh!t right  here and now.

Was Remy Martin on the waiting list at Chaminade before he was excused from Sierra Canyon for misconduct?

Or do athletes get to cut straight to the front of the line?

Of course, no undue influence is being peddled anywhere...
Celtwat,...you're NOT a real lawyer are you?  You can't seem to make a decent response/arguement about anything.  You're grasping at straws and making ugly, mean spirited retorts like a fool who doesn't have any real evidence of anything.  What are your sources?  Where are some facts?.  Completely moronic, illogical, speculative,...ok,?  You destroyed nothing but your own credibility. Please shut up and get a life that doesn't require an ability to make a sensible point.  If you took the entrance exam to 'Nade you would fail.

Last edited 06/22/2014 11:44 PM by SidelineVideo

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/23/2014 12:10 AM

Re: If a given private school has.... 





---------------------------------------------
--- SidelineVideo wrote:


CeltasaurusRex wrote:
nadeguy wrote:  The enrollment at Chaminade is at an all time high with waiting lists because the program is first rate...academically, artistically and, yes, athletically.  A program of that quality attracts kids...and the fact that kids are transferring into a program is not proof of anything...
First, I take back everything I said about you.   And now...

Again, a Chaminade supporter unwittingly rats our their own program!

Above, you say that, "The enrollment at Chaminade is at an all time high with waiting lists because the program is first rate."

Now allow me to destroy you and your whole great school, no illegal recruiting, no athletic scholarships bullsh!t right  here and now.

Was Remy Martin on the waiting list at Chaminade before he was excused from Sierra Canyon for misconduct?

Or do athletes get to cut straight to the front of the line?

Of course, no undue influence is being peddled anywhere...
Celtwat,...you're NOT a real lawyer are you?  You can't seem to make a decent response/arguement about anything.  You're grasping at straws and making ugly, mean spirited retorts like a fool who doesn't have any real evidence of anything.  What are your sources?  Where are some facts?.  Completely moronic, illogical, speculative,...ok,?  You destroyed nothing but your own credibility. Please shut up and get a life that doesn't require an ability to make a sensible point.  If you took the entrance exam to 'Nade you would fail.

---------------------------------------------
LMAO! That's probably what happened, his dream was to be an eagle, but was not accepted. BTW, I like how you destroy things.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/23/2014 12:39 AM

Re: If a given private school has.... 


Crespi leads section in transfer requests Posted on September 9, 2010 by Fred Robledo

The Orange County Register’s Steve Fryer reported that CIF-SS spokesperson Thom Simmons told him that Crespi was the Southern Section leader in terms of football transfer requests. Simmons said the section received paperwork on 21 football transfers requests from Crespi. And you thought we had transfer issues out here. What I’m curious to know is how many of them were granted.


Are you kidding me?

If Nade were to have 10 football transfer requests this year which I'm sure they wont,  they would still be way behind the mark set by Crespi. You will never se Nade submit anything close to 21 football transfers.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/23/2014 10:21 AM

Re: If a given private school has.... 



nadefanweek6 wrote: Crespi leads section in transfer requests Posted on September 9, 2010 by Fred Robledo

The Orange County Register’s Steve Fryer reported that CIF-SS spokesperson Thom Simmons told him that Crespi was the Southern Section leader in terms of football transfer requests. Simmons said the section received paperwork on 21 football transfers requests from Crespi. And you thought we had transfer issues out here. What I’m curious to know is how many of them were granted.


Are you kidding me?

If Nade were to have 10 football transfer requests this year which I'm sure they wont,  they would still be way behind the mark set by Crespi. You will never se Nade submit anything close to 21 football transfers.

How many transfer requests came from Crespi's league opponents in 2010?  And last time I checked, this is 2014.  That's old news and not relevant. None of those kids are still at the school and none of those kids won bogus hired gun championships.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/23/2014 10:25 AM

Re: If a given private school has.... 



Nadeeagle1 wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- SidelineVideo wrote:


CeltasaurusRex wrote:
nadeguy wrote:  The enrollment at Chaminade is at an all time high with waiting lists because the program is first rate...academically, artistically and, yes, athletically.  A program of that quality attracts kids...and the fact that kids are transferring into a program is not proof of anything...
First, I take back everything I said about you.   And now...

Again, a Chaminade supporter unwittingly rats our their own program!

Above, you say that, "The enrollment at Chaminade is at an all time high with waiting lists because the program is first rate."

Now allow me to destroy you and your whole great school, no illegal recruiting, no athletic scholarships bullsh!t right  here and now.

Was Remy Martin on the waiting list at Chaminade before he was excused from Sierra Canyon for misconduct?

Or do athletes get to cut straight to the front of the line?

Of course, no undue influence is being peddled anywhere...
Celtwat,...you're NOT a real lawyer are you?  You can't seem to make a decent response/arguement about anything.  You're grasping at straws and making ugly, mean spirited retorts like a fool who doesn't have any real evidence of anything.  What are your sources?  Where are some facts?.  Completely moronic, illogical, speculative,...ok,?  You destroyed nothing but your own credibility. Please shut up and get a life that doesn't require an ability to make a sensible point.  If you took the entrance exam to 'Nade you would fail.

---------------------------------------------
LMAO! That's probably what happened, his dream was to be an eagle, but was not accepted. BTW, I like how you destroy things.

Hey Mr. Sidelines:

I bet that's all you've ever done, spent you time on the sidelines.

I am essentially taking a depo with questions like this.  There's very few rules of evidence in a depo, and that's a legitimate question -- of course no one from Nade wants to answer it.

"WAS REMY MARTIN ON THE CHAMINADE WAIT LIST BEFORE HE WAS EXPELLED FROM SIERRA CANYON?"

You want to make claims that Chaminade is full and has a wait-list, yet every kid that pops up that's a baller moves right to the front of the line.  If they're bypassing the line of all the other qualified kids that want to get in, then it's a reasonable assumption that they're getting scholarship money too, isn't it?

Someone just answer the REMY MARTIN question...waitlists?  Well rounded?  Following all the rules? 

BULLSH!T.

Last edited 06/23/2014 10:28 AM by CeltasaurusRex

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/23/2014 12:26 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 



CeltasaurusRex wrote:
Nadeeagle1 wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- SidelineVideo wrote:


CeltasaurusRex wrote:
nadeguy wrote:  The enrollment at Chaminade is at an all time high with waiting lists because the program is first rate...academically, artistically and, yes, athletically.  A program of that quality attracts kids...and the fact that kids are transferring into a program is not proof of anything...
First, I take back everything I said about you.   And now...

Again, a Chaminade supporter unwittingly rats our their own program!

Above, you say that, "The enrollment at Chaminade is at an all time high with waiting lists because the program is first rate."

Now allow me to destroy you and your whole great school, no illegal recruiting, no athletic scholarships bullsh!t right  here and now.

Was Remy Martin on the waiting list at Chaminade before he was excused from Sierra Canyon for misconduct?

Or do athletes get to cut straight to the front of the line?

Of course, no undue influence is being peddled anywhere...
Celtwat,...you're NOT a real lawyer are you?  You can't seem to make a decent response/arguement about anything.  You're grasping at straws and making ugly, mean spirited retorts like a fool who doesn't have any real evidence of anything.  What are your sources?  Where are some facts?.  Completely moronic, illogical, speculative,...ok,?  You destroyed nothing but your own credibility. Please shut up and get a life that doesn't require an ability to make a sensible point.  If you took the entrance exam to 'Nade you would fail.

---------------------------------------------
LMAO! That's probably what happened, his dream was to be an eagle, but was not accepted. BTW, I like how you destroy things.

Hey Mr. Sidelines:

I bet that's all you've ever done, spent you time on the sidelines.

I am essentially taking a depo with questions like this.  There's very few rules of evidence in a depo, and that's a legitimate question -- of course no one from Nade wants to answer it.

"WAS REMY MARTIN ON THE CHAMINADE WAIT LIST BEFORE HE WAS EXPELLED FROM SIERRA CANYON?"

You want to make claims that Chaminade is full and has a wait-list, yet every kid that pops up that's a baller moves right to the front of the line.  If they're bypassing the line of all the other qualified kids that want to get in, then it's a reasonable assumption that they're getting scholarship money too, isn't it?

Someone just answer the REMY MARTIN question...waitlists?  Well rounded?  Following all the rules? 

BULLSH!T.

Who knows how the admissions dept does it. My gues is that they use a holistic approach when reviewing applications , its not a first come first served thing, a smartest kid first thing, a best athlete first thing but a student as a WHOLE thing.  I would hope that the term "pool" would be more appropriate than the word "list" or "line". I dont have a problem with any kid being selected over another, at the discretion of the board. I cant say if I would admit Martin, Brock, Jordan Chin, Okalani langi, the Crespi or ND kid or any other transfer kid. I dont know them, dont know anything about them.

Do you?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/23/2014 12:37 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 


For all the nada guys, just stop with the "great academic school" talk. No one is buying it. Pretty tough to sell a school on "great academics" when said school accepts a transfer, whom happened to be kicked out of his previous school, but also happens to be good athlete, or places their athletes in remedial courses to keep those athletes eligible for the season. 

Nada isn't even in the top 5, or maybe even 10, academic high schools in the valley. 

1. Harvard
2. Buckley 
3. Campbell Hall 
4. Bridges Academy 
5. Providence  

Then comes Notre Dame/Crespi...I might even throw St. Genevieve,  Bell-Jeff, Alemany and Crawford in before nada.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/23/2014 12:43 PM

Re: If a given private school has.... 



nadefanweek6 wrote:
CeltasaurusRex wrote:
Nadeeagle1 wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- SidelineVideo wrote:


CeltasaurusRex wrote:
nadeguy wrote:  The enrollment at Chaminade is at an all time high with waiting lists because the program is first rate...academically, artistically and, yes, athletically.  A program of that quality attracts kids...and the fact that kids are transferring into a program is not proof of anything...
First, I take back everything I said about you.   And now...

Again, a Chaminade supporter unwittingly rats our their own program!

Above, you say that, "The enrollment at Chaminade is at an all time high with waiting lists because the program is first rate."

Now allow me to destroy you and your whole great school, no illegal recruiting, no athletic scholarships bullsh!t right  here and now.

Was Remy Martin on the waiting list at Chaminade before he was excused from Sierra Canyon for misconduct?

Or do athletes get to cut straight to the front of the line?

Of course, no undue influence is being peddled anywhere...
Celtwat,...you're NOT a real lawyer are you?  You can't seem to make a decent response/arguement about anything.  You're grasping at straws and making ugly, mean spirited retorts like a fool who doesn't have any real evidence of anything.  What are your sources?  Where are some facts?.  Completely moronic, illogical, speculative,...ok,?  You destroyed nothing but your own credibility. Please shut up and get a life that doesn't require an ability to make a sensible point.  If you took the entrance exam to 'Nade you would fail.

---------------------------------------------
LMAO! That's probably what happened, his dream was to be an eagle, but was not accepted. BTW, I like how you destroy things.

Hey Mr. Sidelines:

I bet that's all you've ever done, spent you time on the sidelines.

I am essentially taking a depo with questions like this.  There's very few rules of evidence in a depo, and that's a legitimate question -- of course no one from Nade wants to answer it.

"WAS REMY MARTIN ON THE CHAMINADE WAIT LIST BEFORE HE WAS EXPELLED FROM SIERRA CANYON?"

You want to make claims that Chaminade is full and has a wait-list, yet every kid that pops up that's a baller moves right to the front of the line.  If they're bypassing the line of all the other qualified kids that want to get in, then it's a reasonable assumption that they're getting scholarship money too, isn't it?

Someone just answer the REMY MARTIN question...waitlists?  Well rounded?  Following all the rules? 

BULLSH!T.

Who knows how the admissions dept does it. My gues is that they use a holistic approach when reviewing applications , its not a first come first served thing, a smartest kid first thing, a best athlete first thing but a student as a WHOLE thing.  I would hope that the term "pool" would be more appropriate than the word "list" or "line". I dont have a problem with any kid being selected over another, at the discretion of the board. I cant say if I would admit Martin, Brock, Jordan Chin, Okalani langi, the Crespi or ND kid or any other transfer kid. I dont know them, dont know anything about them.

Do you?
Oh, don't give us this bullsh!t.  Now it's not a wait list, it's a wait pool?  Any athlete that shows up from another program that's worth a sh!t jumps to the front of the line, bypassing other STUDENTS, as you call them, so they can get put on a roster, and help them win boys football and basketball games.

You know what comes to mind here?  We never hear anything about girls sports transfers at Nade...

TITLE IX VIOLATIONS!!! Especially if scholarship (COLD HARD CASH) is involved.

Last edited 06/23/2014 12:43 PM by CeltasaurusRex

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 6  Next >