Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool

Posted: 06/19/2014 11:56 PM

Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 


I don't understand how a LA times reporter could be hated so much by the kids. Sometimes I look at my kids twitter and see all the non sense that insubordinate little angry man is posting. Then I see why the kids and coaches have little respect for him.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/20/2014 12:20 AM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 


No respect?  Really?  He's a mensch and an icon of high school sports in L.A.  I think he agrees w/ the no transfer guys here, he likes to see local kids on the team, but so what, look at all the great stories he's managed to crank out over so many years.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 12:36 AM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 


Sondheimer seems a dedicated lover of high school sports. If anyone thinks he's a clown, maybe their missing the circus that high school sports has become.

And if I were to pass judgement on particular twitter feeds... The puerile self aggrandizing junk posted by so many of these youngsters would be target #1.  No doubt if we had twitter "back in the day" we'd of spewed some dumb stuff... But luckily our stupidity lacked the ability to go world wide.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 12:44 AM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 


Sondheimer has been covering LA preps sports for years, and no one comes close to his work. Gittelson is great, but Sondheimer is in a class of his own. I agree with Sideline Video on that. He's a part of the anti-transfer movement, and loves the old school way.

That being said, his work comes across as biased at times. His puns are pretty bad and his jokes are awful, and he takes jabs at certain individuals, especially on Twitter. He definitely has his favorites, and Chaminade is 100% one of those schools. It gets incessant for the fans of different schools that aren't being covered that get tired of hearing the same write-ups from the same school.

But that's not all necessarily Sondheimer's fault. Chaminade was extremely relevant last year and always had a story line, a la the success of Brad Kaaya and the transfer-happy squad.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/20/2014 11:58 AM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 


I think Sondheimer is incredible at his job, one of the very best in the whole country at his job likely, but I don't necessarily like how he pushes his agenda at times. I understand that it's inherent for any paper or writer to have an opinion, and that that opinion will naturally seep through the words, but I just feel like high school sports, and amateurism in general, should have a more... neutral touch.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 1:06 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 



MrGooseTT wrote: I think Sondheimer is incredible at his job, one of the very best in the whole country at his job likely, but I don't necessarily like how he pushes his agenda at times. I understand that it's inherent for any paper or writer to have an opinion, and that that opinion will naturally seep through the words, but I just feel like high school sports, and amateurism in general, should have a more... neutral touch.
Sondheimer has always hated Crespi, especially the football program.  This dates all the way back to when he was writing for the Valley News, and maybe even when it was the Valley News and Greensheet.

Always a naysayer, and always critical, and always looking the Crespi to fall in an upset, I think he even predicted St. John Bosco in a rout over Crespi in the 1986 BIG-5 Championship, after Crespi lost 32-27 to them in the regular season, with Russell White down with an ankle injury.

We all know how that turned out.

I wish he'd be a little more impartial, and instead of just reporting the scores and players, do some investigative reporting!  The press needs to keep people's feet to the fire and doing the right thing.  There's MANY L.A. area teams who could use some serious scrutiny over the way they conduct their business.  If the Times writer won't do it, who will?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 2:24 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 


Sondheimer is a likable guy.
Have talked to him a few times at games and he is a little opinionated but most of sports people are in my experience.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 2:49 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 


First, Sondheimer is a fine writer.  You know exactly what he's saying.  There are a lot writers whose mastery of language -- or lack thereof -- renders their work unfathomable.

Second, he has a good sense of style.  His stuff is fun to read.

Third, he rarely errs on facts.  While one may disagree with him on the significance or consequences of a particular set of facts, he almost always is accurate.

Fourth, the man clearly loves high school sports.  He goes the extra mile to promote that which is good in youth sports.  On the other hand, when he perceives that something has gone off the rails, he points it out, generally in a fairly balanced manner.

Finally, like most good reporters, if he is treated with respect and provided with honest answers to his questions, his reporting will be fair.  Also, like most good reporters, if you try to hide or bend the facts, you can end up paying a price.

Count me as a fan.  Seriously, is there any reason whatsoever to read the LA Times other than Sondheimer?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 3:16 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 



philly2507 wrote: Sondheimer has been covering LA preps sports for years, and no one comes close to his work. Gittelson is great, but Sondheimer is in a class of his own. I agree with Sideline Video on that. He's a part of the anti-transfer movement, and loves the old school way.

That being said, his work comes across as biased at times. His puns are pretty bad and his jokes are awful, and he takes jabs at certain individuals, especially on Twitter. He definitely has his favorites, and Chaminade is 100% one of those schools. It gets incessant for the fans of different schools that aren't being covered that get tired of hearing the same write-ups from the same school.

But that's not all necessarily Sondheimer's fault. Chaminade was extremely relevant last year and always had a story line, a la the success of Brad Kaaya and the transfer-happy squad.
It's funny how, due to the loud rumormongering of certain people, some have developed the sentiment that transfers have been the key to Chaminade's success.  Maybe this is because Brad turned out to be so high profile due to his outstanding performance and earning a national ranking. Though Brad's contribution was absolutely vital, he was the FINAL offensive cog in the machine.  Contrary to recent rumors, their starting lineup last year was not littered with transfer players.  The overwhelming majority of that state championship team consisted of players who entered as ninth graders and who were products of the program.  It seems to me that Chaminade has done a pretty good job overall of building their program from 9th grade up.

Last edited 06/20/2014 6:11 PM by clee1967

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 3:34 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 



clee1967 wrote:
philly2507 wrote: Sondheimer has been covering LA preps sports for years, and no one comes close to his work. Gittelson is great, but Sondheimer is in a class of his own. I agree with Sideline Video on that. He's a part of the anti-transfer movement, and loves the old school way.

That being said, his work comes across as biased at times. His puns are pretty bad and his jokes are awful, and he takes jabs at certain individuals, especially on Twitter. He definitely has his favorites, and Chaminade is 100% one of those schools. It gets incessant for the fans of different schools that aren't being covered that get tired of hearing the same write-ups from the same school.

But that's not all necessarily Sondheimer's fault. Chaminade was extremely relevant last year and always had a story line, a la the success of Brad Kaaya and the transfer-happy squad.
It's funny how, due to the loud rumormongering of certain people, some have developed the sentiment that transfers have been the key to Chaminade's success.  Maybe this is because Brad turned out to be so high profile due to his outstanding performance and earning a national ranking. Though Brad's contribution was absolutely vital, he was the FINAL offensive cog in the machine.  Contrary to recent rumors, their starting lineup last year was not littered with transfer players.  The overwhelming majority of that state championship team consisted of players who entered as ninth graders who were products of the program.  It seems to me that Chaminade has done a pretty good job overall of building their program from 9th grade up.
I'm in rare disagreement with crex, and have always had a generally positive feel for Sondheimer.  I don't remember him being a hater of the Celts, and have thought of him as generally supportive of Thomas when at Crespi previously, and at Servite.

Bigbear's comment seems off-the-wall.  The kids hate Sondheimer?

Please let's not turn this into another Chaminade thread.

Last edited 06/20/2014 3:35 PM by 1ventura

Reply | Quote
  • sfactor
  • Athletic Director
  • 3862 posts this site

Posted: 06/20/2014 4:59 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 


Seriously, how did this topic end up being about Chaminade? I can never understand the Nadesters child like temperament, which constantly screams " look at me, look at me!!!! " they put fronting on a whole new level. SMH.......
******SERAPH FACTOR******
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 5:10 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 



philly2507 wrote: Sondheimer has been covering LA preps sports for years, and no one comes close to his work. Gittelson is great, but Sondheimer is in a class of his own. I agree with Sideline Video on that. He's a part of the anti-transfer movement, and loves the old school way.

That being said, his work comes across as biased at times. His puns are pretty bad and his jokes are awful, and he takes jabs at certain individuals, especially on Twitter. He definitely has his favorites, and Chaminade is 100% one of those schools. It gets incessant for the fans of different schools that aren't being covered that get tired of hearing the same write-ups from the same school.

But that's not all necessarily Sondheimer's fault. Chaminade was extremely relevant last year and always had a story line, a la the success of Brad Kaaya and the transfer-happy squad.
Sfactor to answer your question since you cant read back more than 2 posts.

Maybe these stupid comments by some idiot?

Chaminade didnt ask to be brought into this thread.

The first post your sorry azz posts in weeks and it includes nade tells me where your mind is at.

Last edited 06/20/2014 5:21 PM by nadefanweek6

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 7:19 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 


This thread is not and should not be about Chaminade! People seem to have our program on their mind and throw us in for what ever reason and when we answer everyone and their mommas jump on our nuts, I can't seem to understand why but what ever! Now Eric is a pretty cool dude he has his outlook about transfers and or private schools and how they due things and it is what it is! Second Chaminade has never been a transfer heaven jeez believe me I wish we would be and could let in every player I've known who tried to transfer in! But hey Alemany, crespi, oaks and Sierra canyon have had that luxury. But the ones who have done so have done it on academic merit and I don't see why anybody would question their motives since everyone is free to do and look out for ones best interest! Most of the kids from this area have known each other since elementary and their pop Warner days so they shouldn't be judged or their character come into question! I don't agree with transfers that have left their schools because of disciplinary issues but if a family and student can see the error in their ways and genuinely prove a change, then hey man everyone deserves a second chance!
Reply | Quote
  • sfactor
  • Athletic Director
  • 3862 posts this site

Posted: 06/20/2014 7:44 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 





---------------------------------------------
--- nadefanweek6 wrote:


philly2507 wrote: Sondheimer has been covering LA preps sports for years, and no one comes close to his work. Gittelson is great, but Sondheimer is in a class of his own. I agree with Sideline Video on that. He's a part of the anti-transfer movement, and loves the old school way.

That being said, his work comes across as biased at times. His puns are pretty bad and his jokes are awful, and he takes jabs at certain individuals, especially on Twitter. He definitely has his favorites, and Chaminade is 100% one of those schools. It gets incessant for the fans of different schools that aren't being covered that get tired of hearing the same write-ups from the same school.

But that's not all necessarily Sondheimer's fault. Chaminade was extremely relevant last year and always had a story line, a la the success of Brad Kaaya and the transfer-happy squad.
Sfactor to answer your question since you cant read back more than 2 posts.

Maybe these stupid comments by some idiot?

Chaminade didnt ask to be brought into this thread.

The first post your sorry azz posts in weeks and it includes nade tells me where your mind is at.

---------------------------------------------

First post in weeks? Guy I don't troll on any Nade topics which is why you don't see my other posts. I try and avoid the Nade topics for this very reason. Believe it or not Your school never crosses my mind. So Don't flatter yourself.
******SERAPH FACTOR******
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 7:46 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 



ccp1eagles wrote: Second Chaminade has never been a transfer heaven jeez believe me I wish we would be and could let in every player I've known who tried to transfer in!

Oh but you seem to get the one's you need most....how convenient.

But the ones who have done so have done it on academic merit and I don't see why anybody would question their motives since everyone is free to do and look out for ones best interest!

Give the academic bs a rest. No one is buying that the kids and families we're talking about are solely showing for an ipad and the blackboard system.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 8:24 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 


I guess so, we've been very lucky and fortunate! To your first question and your absolutely wrong on the second! Chaminade was the first school going on 6yrs now with technology based education and it's not a crappy I pad where you cant even do all the work and always seem to have problems with kids jail breaking and hacking like the one you get from Alemany which you pay for but can't keep and have to return but an actual laptop that the kids keep at the end when they graduate and yes they have to pay for it there not free! So yea your wrong they don't come for the laptop and blackboard but education and instruction they receive from this top innovative academic institution! So there's your BS I guess you bought into someone else's and seem to be disgruntled a bit and not happy where your at cause you couldn't get JR try again and maybe just maybe his grades might be up to par but I'm not promising you anything, that is if this is the case if not then never mind and keep hating, we love it!

---------------------------------------------
--- WoodBurns wrote:


ccp1eagles wrote: Second Chaminade has never been a transfer heaven jeez believe me I wish we would be and could let in every player I've known who tried to transfer in!

Oh but you seem to get the one's you need most....how convenient.

But the ones who have done so have done it on academic merit and I don't see why anybody would question their motives since everyone is free to do and look out for ones best interest!

Give the academic bs a rest. No one is buying that the kids and families we're talking about are solely showing for an ipad and the blackboard system.



---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 8:45 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 



ccp1eagles wrote: I guess so, we've been very lucky and fortunate! To your first question and your absolutely wrong on the second! Chaminade was the first school going on 6yrs now with technology based education and it's not a crappy I pad where you cant even do all the work and always seem to have problems with kids jail breaking and hacking like the one you get from Alemany which you pay for but can't keep and have to return but an actual laptop that the kids keep at the end when they graduate and yes they have to pay for it there not free! So yea your wrong they don't come for the laptop and blackboard but education and instruction they receive from this top innovative academic institution! So there's your BS I guess you bought into someone else's and seem to be disgruntled a bit and not happy where your at cause you couldn't get JR try again and maybe just maybe his grades might be up to par but I'm not promising you anything, that is if this is the case if not then never mind and keep hating, we love it!

---------------------------------------------
--- WoodBurns wrote:


ccp1eagles wrote: Second Chaminade has never been a transfer heaven jeez believe me I wish we would be and could let in every player I've known who tried to transfer in!

Oh but you seem to get the one's you need most....how convenient.

But the ones who have done so have done it on academic merit and I don't see why anybody would question their motives since everyone is free to do and look out for ones best interest!

Give the academic bs a rest. No one is buying that the kids and families we're talking about are solely showing for an ipad and the blackboard system.



---------------------------------------------
Well said ccp
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 8:47 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 



sfactor wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- nadefanweek6 wrote:


philly2507 wrote: Sondheimer has been covering LA preps sports for years, and no one comes close to his work. Gittelson is great, but Sondheimer is in a class of his own. I agree with Sideline Video on that. He's a part of the anti-transfer movement, and loves the old school way.

That being said, his work comes across as biased at times. His puns are pretty bad and his jokes are awful, and he takes jabs at certain individuals, especially on Twitter. He definitely has his favorites, and Chaminade is 100% one of those schools. It gets incessant for the fans of different schools that aren't being covered that get tired of hearing the same write-ups from the same school.

But that's not all necessarily Sondheimer's fault. Chaminade was extremely relevant last year and always had a story line, a la the success of Brad Kaaya and the transfer-happy squad.
Sfactor to answer your question since you cant read back more than 2 posts.

Maybe these stupid comments by some idiot?

Chaminade didnt ask to be brought into this thread.

The first post your sorry azz posts in weeks and it includes nade tells me where your mind is at.

---------------------------------------------

First post in weeks? Guy I don't troll on any Nade topics which is why you don't see my other posts. I try and avoid the Nade topics for this very reason. Believe it or not Your school never crosses my mind. So Don't flatter yourself.
Ok so the first 4 of your last 10 posts were jumping on a Nade topic. Lol
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 9:01 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 



nadefanweek6 wrote:
sfactor wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- nadefanweek6 wrote:


philly2507 wrote: Sondheimer has been covering LA preps sports for years, and no one comes close to his work. Gittelson is great, but Sondheimer is in a class of his own. I agree with Sideline Video on that. He's a part of the anti-transfer movement, and loves the old school way.

That being said, his work comes across as biased at times. His puns are pretty bad and his jokes are awful, and he takes jabs at certain individuals, especially on Twitter. He definitely has his favorites, and Chaminade is 100% one of those schools. It gets incessant for the fans of different schools that aren't being covered that get tired of hearing the same write-ups from the same school.

But that's not all necessarily Sondheimer's fault. Chaminade was extremely relevant last year and always had a story line, a la the success of Brad Kaaya and the transfer-happy squad.
Sfactor to answer your question since you cant read back more than 2 posts.

Maybe these stupid comments by some idiot?

Chaminade didnt ask to be brought into this thread.

The first post your sorry azz posts in weeks and it includes nade tells me where your mind is at.

---------------------------------------------

First post in weeks? Guy I don't troll on any Nade topics which is why you don't see my other posts. I try and avoid the Nade topics for this very reason. Believe it or not Your school never crosses my mind. So Don't flatter yourself.
Ok so the first 4 of your last 10 posts were jumping on a Nade topic. Lol
And...nothing stops you from being an a$$hole...so I thought I'd just take a page out of your book.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 9:05 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 



ccp1eagles wrote: I guess so, we've been very lucky and fortunate! To your first question and your absolutely wrong on the second! Chaminade was the first school going on 6yrs now with technology based education and it's not a crappy I pad where you cant even do all the work and always seem to have problems with kids jail breaking and hacking like the one you get from Alemany which you pay for but can't keep and have to return but an actual laptop that the kids keep at the end when they graduate and yes they have to pay for it there not free! So yea your wrong they don't come for the laptop and blackboard but education and instruction they receive from this top innovative academic institution! So there's your BS I guess you bought into someone else's and seem to be disgruntled a bit and not happy where your at cause you couldn't get JR try again and maybe just maybe his grades might be up to par but I'm not promising you anything, that is if this is the case if not then never mind and keep hating, we love it!

---------------------------------------------
--- WoodBurns wrote:


ccp1eagles wrote: Second Chaminade has never been a transfer heaven jeez believe me I wish we would be and could let in every player I've known who tried to transfer in!

Oh but you seem to get the one's you need most....how convenient.

But the ones who have done so have done it on academic merit and I don't see why anybody would question their motives since everyone is free to do and look out for ones best interest!

Give the academic bs a rest. No one is buying that the kids and families we're talking about are solely showing for an ipad and the blackboard system.



---------------------------------------------
Yeah, if I emphatically wanted to make a point, I guess I could try a little harder to battle all the bs you try to baffle us with.  Given the lame a$$ responses from the majority of you $hitbirds here, I'm sorry I lowered my standards. I will come correct next time.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 9:07 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 



WoodBurns wrote:
nadefanweek6 wrote:
sfactor wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- nadefanweek6 wrote:


philly2507 wrote: Sondheimer has been covering LA preps sports for years, and no one comes close to his work. Gittelson is great, but Sondheimer is in a class of his own. I agree with Sideline Video on that. He's a part of the anti-transfer movement, and loves the old school way.

That being said, his work comes across as biased at times. His puns are pretty bad and his jokes are awful, and he takes jabs at certain individuals, especially on Twitter. He definitely has his favorites, and Chaminade is 100% one of those schools. It gets incessant for the fans of different schools that aren't being covered that get tired of hearing the same write-ups from the same school.

But that's not all necessarily Sondheimer's fault. Chaminade was extremely relevant last year and always had a story line, a la the success of Brad Kaaya and the transfer-happy squad.
Sfactor to answer your question since you cant read back more than 2 posts.

Maybe these stupid comments by some idiot?

Chaminade didnt ask to be brought into this thread.

The first post your sorry azz posts in weeks and it includes nade tells me where your mind is at.

---------------------------------------------

First post in weeks? Guy I don't troll on any Nade topics which is why you don't see my other posts. I try and avoid the Nade topics for this very reason. Believe it or not Your school never crosses my mind. So Don't flatter yourself.
Ok so the first 4 of your last 10 posts were jumping on a Nade topic. Lol
And...nothing stops you from being an a$$hole...so I thought I'd just take a page out of your book.
Yeah! Sfactor even newbie WB thinks you're an Ahole!   disbelief
Reply | Quote
  • sfactor
  • Athletic Director
  • 3862 posts this site

Posted: 06/20/2014 9:57 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 





---------------------------------------------
--- Nadeeagle1 wrote:


WoodBurns wrote:
nadefanweek6 wrote:
sfactor wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- nadefanweek6 wrote:


philly2507 wrote: Sondheimer has been covering LA preps sports for years, and no one comes close to his work. Gittelson is great, but Sondheimer is in a class of his own. I agree with Sideline Video on that. He's a part of the anti-transfer movement, and loves the old school way.

That being said, his work comes across as biased at times. His puns are pretty bad and his jokes are awful, and he takes jabs at certain individuals, especially on Twitter. He definitely has his favorites, and Chaminade is 100% one of those schools. It gets incessant for the fans of different schools that aren't being covered that get tired of hearing the same write-ups from the same school.

But that's not all necessarily Sondheimer's fault. Chaminade was extremely relevant last year and always had a story line, a la the success of Brad Kaaya and the transfer-happy squad.
Sfactor to answer your question since you cant read back more than 2 posts.

Maybe these stupid comments by some idiot?

Chaminade didnt ask to be brought into this thread.

The first post your sorry azz posts in weeks and it includes nade tells me where your mind is at.

---------------------------------------------

First post in weeks? Guy I don't troll on any Nade topics which is why you don't see my other posts. I try and avoid the Nade topics for this very reason. Believe it or not Your school never crosses my mind. So Don't flatter yourself.
Ok so the first 4 of your last 10 posts were jumping on a Nade topic. Lol
And...nothing stops you from being an a$$hole...so I thought I'd just take a page out of your book.
Yeah! Sfactor even newbie WB thinks you're an Ahole!   disbelief

---------------------------------------------
So I'm an a$$ hole. Big fu€king deal......Smh
******SERAPH FACTOR******
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/20/2014 10:29 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 



Hart Dad wrote: First, Sondheimer is a fine writer.  You know exactly what he's saying.  There are a lot writers whose mastery of language -- or lack thereof -- renders their work unfathomable.

Second, he has a good sense of style.  His stuff is fun to read.

Third, he rarely errs on facts.  While one may disagree with him on the significance or consequences of a particular set of facts, he almost always is accurate.

Fourth, the man clearly loves high school sports.  He goes the extra mile to promote that which is good in youth sports.  On the other hand, when he perceives that something has gone off the rails, he points it out, generally in a fairly balanced manner.

Finally, like most good reporters, if he is treated with respect and provided with honest answers to his questions, his reporting will be fair.  Also, like most good reporters, if you try to hide or bend the facts, you can end up paying a price.

Count me as a fan.  Seriously, is there any reason whatsoever to read the LA Times other than Sondheimer?
Getting back to the point I agree with Hart Dad.
That rag of the la times sports is the only part worth reading.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/26/2014 10:28 AM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 


Count me among Sondheimer's fans. He does a great job with high school sports, and I agree with his opposition to rampant transfers. He covers a very large area and has always been fair and thorough. And he seems to like Servite, perhaps because they rarely dabble in the transfer market.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/26/2014 11:08 AM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 


I have found that most of the people that don't like Sondheimer are the ones that have had their school called out for shady behavior. He tells it like it is and has been a great benefit to many of the players and fans in the area.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/26/2014 9:39 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 


Eric has been covering HS Sports since the 70's. It was a simpler time, a wonderful time of neighborhood schools and community spirit. He was around when Granada Hills HS had a huge marching band, and John Elway.. LA Unified and so many publics have died a slow agonizing death. And he finds that sad, but applauds neighborhood greatness at any opportunity. He knows that the best of high school sports is now private, and they all recruit like mad. He has to write about them more because they ARE the best, and it sells papers too.
But deep down, like most people who've lived in less complicated times, he wishes it was like the old days. Anyone who was there and saw it would feel the same. Every school had pride....each school had it's up cycle. There was parity.
As a result of the above he can come off as hypocritical, 'writing out of both sides of his pen' , but he's in love with the right thing.....high school sports. And that shows.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/26/2014 10:14 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 



YeOleDon wrote: Eric has been covering HS Sports since the 70's. It was a simpler time, a wonderful time of neighborhood schools and community spirit. He was around when Granada Hills HS had a huge marching band, and John Elway.. LA Unified and so many publics have died a slow agonizing death. And he finds that sad, but applauds neighborhood greatness at any opportunity. He knows that the best of high school sports is now private, and they all recruit like mad. He has to write about them more because they ARE the best, and it sells papers too.
But deep down, like most people who've lived in less complicated times, he wishes it was like the old days. Anyone who was there and saw it would feel the same. Every school had pride....each school had it's up cycle. There was parity.
As a result of the above he can come off as hypocritical, 'writing out of both sides of his pen' , but he's in love with the right thing.....high school sports. And that shows.
thanks yeoledon

nice comments
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/26/2014 10:20 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 



YeOleDon wrote: Eric has been covering HS Sports since the 70's. It was a simpler time, a wonderful time of neighborhood schools and community spirit. He was around when Granada Hills HS had a huge marching band, and John Elway.. LA Unified and so many publics have died a slow agonizing death. And he finds that sad, but applauds neighborhood greatness at any opportunity. He knows that the best of high school sports is now private, and they all recruit like mad. He has to write about them more because they ARE the best, and it sells papers too.
But deep down, like most people who've lived in less complicated times, he wishes it was like the old days. Anyone who was there and saw it would feel the same. Every school had pride....each school had it's up cycle. There was parity.
As a result of the above he can come off as hypocritical, 'writing out of both sides of his pen' , but he's in love with the right thing.....high school sports. And that shows.
All alive and well in Newhall, CA.  And they are still winning championships.  Maybe that's why Sondheimer loves the Hart Indians!

Last edited 06/26/2014 10:22 PM by fb2000

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/27/2014 8:10 PM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 


Santa Clarita is so cool. New D2 CIF Playoffs will be great to watch. They shouldn't touch it for a decade. And while Mission Viejo is a bit of a public/private with how they can 'draw' , so to speak, to their neighborhood, Vista Murrieta and that league is much like Santa Clarita/Foothill. Gonna be a blast to watch.
D3 Northern, some of the same, with two smaller private powers, St Joe and Bishop Diego the only non-publics in another even more regional, division loaded with fine neighborhood publics.
Guess there IS hope after all.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/28/2014 9:56 AM

Re: Is it me? Or Sondheimer a complete fool 





---------------------------------------------
--- YeOleDon wrote:

Eric has been covering HS Sports since the 70's. It was a simpler time, a wonderful time of neighborhood schools and community spirit. He was around when Granada Hills HS had a huge marching band, and John Elway.. LA Unified and so many publics have died a slow agonizing death. And he finds that sad, but applauds neighborhood greatness at any opportunity. He knows that the best of high school sports is now private, and they all recruit like mad. He has to write about them more because they ARE the best, and it sells papers too.
But deep down, like most people who've lived in less complicated times, he wishes it was like the old days. Anyone who was there and saw it would feel the same. Every school had pride....each school had it's up cycle. There was parity.
As a result of the above he can come off as hypocritical, 'writing out of both sides of his pen' , but he's in love with the right thing.....high school sports. And that shows.

---------------------------------------------
Well said.
Eric Sondheimer is Old School No Doubt about it.
He is the Only Reason I even Look at the La Times Sports section.
Keep up the a good Work ES.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >