Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 12  Next >

Fan Speak Draft Simulator

  • jayrun1
  • Spits Out Ratbirds
  • 3546 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2014 12:25 AM

Fan Speak Draft Simulator 


http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Pretty cool.  Still not perfect, but definitely more realistic than the other Draft simulator. 

My draft turned out pretty awesome.  I would sign up for this draft right now:

4
 
WR SAMMY WATKINS
CLEMSON
26
 
QB JOHNNY MANZIEL
TEXAS A&M
35
 
DAVID YANKEY
STANFORD
71
 
RB CARLOS HYDE
OHIO STATE
83
 
CB ANTONE EXUM
VIRIGNIA TECH
102
 
DT DOMINIQUE EASLEY
FLORIDA
123
 
CB KEITH MCGILL
UTAH
133
 
WR MARTAVIS BRYANT
CLEMSON
164
 
RB DEVONTA FREEMAN
FLORIDA STATE
195
 
VINNIE SUNSERI
ALABAMA

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/24/2014 12:49 AM

Re: Fan Speak Draft Simulator 


4 QB JOHNNY MANZIEL TEXAS A&M

26 G ZACK MARTIN NOTRE DAME

35 CB LOUCHEIZ PURIFOY FLORIDA

71 C WESTON RICHBURG COLORADO STATE

83 WR DONTE MONCRIEF MISSISSIPPI

102 RB CARLOS HYDE OHIO STATE

123 RB CHARLES SIMS WVU

133 ILB LAMIN BARROW LSU

164 WR TEVIN REESE BAYLOR

195 DE LARRY WEBSTER BLOOMSBURG
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2014 1:33 AM

Re: Fan Speak Draft Simulator 


This is a pretty darned good game.

4 OT GREG ROBINSON
 
26 CB JUSTIN GILBERT
 
35 QB DEREK CARR
 
71 RB CARLOS HYDE
 
83 TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZ
 
123 RB BISHOP SANKEY
 
133 WR MIKE DAVIS
 
164 WR JALEN SAUNDERS
 
195 G MICHAEL SCHOFIELD
 

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination." - Andrew Lang

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2014 2:01 AM

Re: Fan Speak Draft Simulator 


I had fun with that.

4  QB BLAKE BORTLES
CENTRAL FLORIDA

26 CYRIL RICHARDSON
BAYLOR

35 RB TRE MASON
AUBURN

71 ILB CHRISTIAN JONES
FLORIDA STATE

83 CB ANTONE EXUM
VIRIGNIA TECH

102 
RB CARLOS HYDE   2 RBs.  I hate myself, but I couldn't pass up the value.
OHIO STATE

123 
MARCUS MARTIN
USC


133 QB AARON MURRAY   2QB?!?!  What the hell is this guy thinking.  Another value pick.
GEORGIA

164 
OT SEANTREL HENDERSON
MIAMI

195 
WR SHAQ EVANS
UCLA

Last edited 1/24/2014 2:04 AM by swalidawg

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2014 3:16 AM

Re: Fan Speak Draft Simulator 


4
 
DE JADEVEON CLOWNEY
SOUTH CAROLINA
26
 
CYRIL RICHARDSON
BAYLOR
35
 
CB JUSTIN GILBERT
OKLAHOMA STATE
71
 
RB KA’DEEM CAREY
ARIZONA
83
 
WR DONTE MONCRIEF
MISSISSIPPI
102
 
DT WILL SUTTON
ARIZONA STATE
123
 
QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO
EASTERN ILLINOIS
133
 
ILB LAMIN BARROW
LSU
164
 
RB DE’ANTHONY THOMAS
OREGON
195
 
WR T.J. JONES
NOTRE DAME
That was fun. 
I support the Cleveland Browns. That means all of them.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/24/2014 5:29 AM

Re: Fan Speak Draft Simulator 


4
 
WR SAMMY WATKINS
CLEMSON
26
 
CB DARQUEZE DENNARD
MICHIGAN STATE
35
 
QB JOHNNY MANZIEL
TEXAS A&M
71
 
RB KA’DEEM CAREY
ARIZONA
83
 
ILB CHRISTIAN JONES
FLORIDA STATE
102
 
TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZ
IOWA
123
  RB CARLOS HYDE
OHIO STATE

Only did the first four rounds.  I've noticed that offensive linemen seem to be drafted very quickly in this game.  Anyone else notice that as well?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2014 7:37 AM

RE: Fan Speak Draft Simulator 


Interesting that both simulators will let you draft Manziel in the 2nd round. Don't see that happening, otherwise I will peer into it later today.

I'm fantastic!  SHUT UP PITTSBURGH!

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/24/2014 8:03 AM

RE: Fan Speak Draft Simulator 


Pretty good fun.  I did 5 rounds.  (Can't cut/paste for some reason):

1A: Teddy Bridgewater, QB
1B: Justin Gilbert, CB
2: David Yankey, OG
3A: Ka'Deem Carey, RB
3B: Jarvis Landry, WR
4A: Jackson Jeffcoat, DE
4B: Carlos Hyde, RB
5: Terrence Brooks, FS
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2014 10:00 AM

Re: Fan Speak Draft Simulator 



Cooper7 wrote: 4 QB JOHNNY MANZIEL TEXAS A&M

26 G ZACK MARTIN NOTRE DAME

35 CB LOUCHEIZ PURIFOY FLORIDA

71 C WESTON RICHBURG COLORADO STATE

83 WR DONTE MONCRIEF MISSISSIPPI

102 RB CARLOS HYDE OHIO STATE

123 RB CHARLES SIMS WVU

133 ILB LAMIN BARROW LSU

164 WR TEVIN REESE BAYLOR

195 DE LARRY WEBSTER BLOOMSBURG
I like Coop!!! Getting Manziel and Martin at #4 and #26 is my "Dream" 1st round.... I also like Richburg, Webster and Moncrief but you have to know that unless Hyde runs a 4.8 forty he doesn't last until round 4... 


Couch
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2014 10:40 AM

RE: Fan Speak Draft Simulator 



4 QB TEDDY BRIDGEWATER - LOUISVILLE
26 DT TIMMY JERNIGAN - FLORIDA STATE
35 G DAVID YANKEY - STANFORD
71 TE AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS - WASHINGTON
83 RB BISHOP SANKEY - WASHINGTON
102 DE ED STINSON - ALABAMA
123 C BRYAN STORK - FLORIDA STATE
133 RB STORM JOHNSON - UCF
164 RB DE’ANTHONY THOMAS - OREGON
195 CB WALK AIKENS - LIBERTY

Well, I fixed QB, RB, and TE plus addressed both lines which this FO is likely to do. Missed all the WR's, Corner, and LB's. Guess where my FA money is going?

I could live with this. I know its a lot of RB's, but Thomas is my kick returner/special weapon, Johnson and Sankey can battle to start and provide depth. I don't like any of our backs, so they probably all say good bye.

I'm fantastic!  SHUT UP PITTSBURGH!

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2014 10:48 AM

Re: Fan Speak Draft Simulator 


This is pretty cool. 

I tried it twice. You can set up picks a little bit, but you can take that as advanced scouting. wink


First attempt

1A. Teddy Bridgewater, QB Louisville

1B. Calvin Pryor, S Louisville

2. Kelvin Benjamin, WR Florida State

3A. Carlos Hyde, RB Ohio State

3B. Stan Jean-Baptiste, CB Nebraska

4A. Dominique Easley, DT Florida
4B. Jon Halapio, OG Florida

5. Lamin Barrow, LB LSU

6. Mike Davis, WR Texas

7. Gabe Ikard, C Oklahoma


I'd say pretty solid from top to bottom. Get the top QB. Arguably the top safety. A massively talented WR. A RB still in conversation to be No. 1 at his position. A CB with a ton of upside. Easley is a first round talent. Halapio is a vastly underrated guard. Barrow and Davis add depth. Wouldn't surprise me if Ikard has a really long NFL career. 


Second attempt


1A. Greg Robinson, OT Auburn
1B. Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A&M

2. Justin Gilbert, CB Oklahoma State

3A. Brandin Cooks, WR Oregon State
3B. Jeremy Hill, RB LSU

4A. Easley
4B. Carlos Hyde, RB Ohio State

5. DeMarcus Lawrence, DE Boise

6. Marcel Jensen, TE Fresno State

7. Halapio


We'll call this the upside/troubled draft. Taking chances but getting great talent in every round. I even double-dipped at RB since those two were available where they were. Could you imagine a backfield with Hill, Hyde, Baker and Lewis?!  Going to "bloody some noses" with that stable. Not to mention you now have Robinson at RT paving lanes. Hell, I start Robinson and Halapio Day 1 at RG/RT and just let them push people all over the place. Just so much raw talent in this draft, and it could easily blow up in my face. 




Can't stop talking football: Browns, NFL, college, even some high school @brentsobleski

Last edited 1/24/2014 10:49 AM by SOBOdawg

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2014 11:50 AM

Re: Fan Speak Draft Simulator 


Very cool site.  Thanks for posting.

1a.  Teddy Bridgewater QB

1b.  Justin Gilbert CB

2.  Calvin Pryor FS

3a.  Davante Adams WR

3b.  Carlos Hyde RB

4a.  Will Sutton DT

4b.  Ka'Deem Carey RB

5.  Marcus Smith OLB

6.  Josh Huff WR

7.  Colt Lyerla TE


I would be very happy about this draft, though I was hoping to get some offensive line help somewhere.  I got the best QB in the draft at 1 and upgraded my secondary big time.  Gilbert should be a very good press corner with Haden, and Pryor is probably the best FS in the draft.  And we now have some size back there. 

I don't think I'm looking at WR's with our first 3 picks in this draft, we have a legit #1 WR and one of the best pass catching TE's in football.  We just need a dependable #2 WR.  I'm not certain that Adams becomes that, but he was the best guy available on my board. 

I took RB's in the 3rd and 4th.  Now with Baker and Lewis then I think this position should become a strength.  Such huge upgrades to what we had most of last season there. 

I took Will Sutton strictly for value in the 4th.  He gives us an interior pass rusher that we desperately need.  He'll be a good roational guy. 

I was shocked to get Marcus Smith in the 5th too.  I think he has good potential in the 34. 

My last two picks show how poor our depth is at the offensive skill positions.  Both have a shot to get playing time next year. 

I regret not getting some OL help or a starting ILB, but I went with value and there are no ILB's I am crazy about.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2014 12:25 PM

Re: Fan Speak Draft Simulator 


4

QB BLAKE BORTLES - QB of the future choose him over Johnny Football
CENTRAL FLORIDA
26
 
DAVID YANKEY - Helps the Oline  
35
 
TE JACE AMARO - Gives Bortles a weapon and better than any WR on the board.
TEXAS TECH
71
 
RB KA’DEEM CAREY - Best RB in the draft IMO.
ARIZONA
83
 
DION BAILEY - Young Saftey/Hybrid type player
USC
102
 
RB CARLOS HYDE - Too good to pass up at this point. Him and Carey split carries.
OHIO STATE
123
 
BRYAN STORK - Good value and protection against Mack leaving
FLORIDA STATE
133
 
WR BRUCE ELLINGTON - Love his value here reminds me of a Randall Cobb type.
SOUTH CAROLINA
164
 
RB DE’ANTHONY THOMAS - Speed. Can be used at WR/RB/PR/KR
OREGON
195
 
CB VICTOR HAMPTON - Solid Corner in the 7th round. Yes please
SOUTH CAROLINA
Reply | Quote
  • jayrun1
  • Spits Out Ratbirds
  • 3546 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2014 1:07 PM

Re: Fan Speak Draft Simulator 


I agree with you on Easley.  He has big time talent.  He'd be a great addition to our D-line
SOBOdawg wrote:

This is pretty cool. 

I tried it twice. You can set up picks a little bit, but you can take that as advanced scouting. wink


First attempt

1A. Teddy Bridgewater, QB Louisville

1B. Calvin Pryor, S Louisville

2. Kelvin Benjamin, WR Florida State

3A. Carlos Hyde, RB Ohio State

3B. Stan Jean-Baptiste, CB Nebraska

4A. Dominique Easley, DT Florida
4B. Jon Halapio, OG Florida

5. Lamin Barrow, LB LSU

6. Mike Davis, WR Texas

7. Gabe Ikard, C Oklahoma


I'd say pretty solid from top to bottom. Get the top QB. Arguably the top safety. A massively talented WR. A RB still in conversation to be No. 1 at his position. A CB with a ton of upside. Easley is a first round talent. Halapio is a vastly underrated guard. Barrow and Davis add depth. Wouldn't surprise me if Ikard has a really long NFL career. 


Second attempt


1A. Greg Robinson, OT Auburn
1B. Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A&M

2. Justin Gilbert, CB Oklahoma State

3A. Brandin Cooks, WR Oregon State
3B. Jeremy Hill, RB LSU

4A. Easley
4B. Carlos Hyde, RB Ohio State

5. DeMarcus Lawrence, DE Boise

6. Marcel Jensen, TE Fresno State

7. Halapio


We'll call this the upside/troubled draft. Taking chances but getting great talent in every round. I even double-dipped at RB since those two were available where they were. Could you imagine a backfield with Hill, Hyde, Baker and Lewis?!  Going to "bloody some noses" with that stable. Not to mention you now have Robinson at RT paving lanes. Hell, I start Robinson and Halapio Day 1 at RG/RT and just let them push people all over the place. Just so much raw talent in this draft, and it could easily blow up in my face. 



Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2014 1:21 PM

RE: Fan Speak Draft Simulator 


Interesting....


4 -   DE   JADEVEON CLOWNEY SOUTH CAROLINA
26-   WR   ALLEN ROBINSON PENN STATE
35-   CB    JUSTIN GILBERT OKLAHOMA STATE
71 -  S      DEONE BUCANNON WASHINGTON STATE
83-   RB    CHARLES SIMS WVU
102-  QB   TAJH BOYD CLEMSON
123-  ILB  GREG BLAIR CINCINNATI
133-  OT   SEANTREL HENDERSON MIAMI
164-  C     RUSSELL BODINE NORTH CAROLINA
195-  G     ZACH FULTON TENNESSEE


My second try;

4-WR MIKE EVANS TEXAS A&M
26-CB JUSTIN GILBERT OKLAHOMA STATE
35-QB ZACH METTENBERGER LSU
71-RB CHARLES SIMS WVU
83-S DION BAILEY USC
102-ILB MAX BULLOUGH MICHIGAN STATE
123-OT SEANTREL HENDERSON MIAMI
133-RB MARION GRICE ARIZONA STATE
164-DT DEANDRE COLEMAN CALIFORNIA
195-G ZACH FULTON TENNESSEE

Last edited 1/24/2014 2:28 PM by Wardawg11

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2014 2:15 PM

RE: Fan Speak Draft Simulator 


Unless the Browns REALLY F this up, I don't see how in this draft you don't find 5 players.

I'm fantastic!  SHUT UP PITTSBURGH!

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/24/2014 2:30 PM

Re: Fan Speak Draft Simulator 


BOOM! 

4
 
WR SAMMY WATKINS
CLEMSON
26
 
ZACK MARTIN
NOTRE DAME
35
 
ILB CHRIS BORLAND
WISCONSIN
71
 
QB ZACH METTENBERGER
LSU
83
 
DE DEMARCUS LAWRENCE
BOISE STATE
102
 
RB CHARLES SIMS
WVU
123
 
CB KEITH MCGILL
UTAH
133
 
DE BRENT URBAN
VIRGINIA
164
 
WR MICHAEL CAMPANARO
WAKE FORREST
195
 
DT JAY BROMLEY
SYRACUSE
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/24/2014 2:49 PM

Re: Fan Speak Draft Simulator 



couch wrote:
Cooper7 wrote: 4 QB JOHNNY MANZIEL TEXAS A&M

26 G ZACK MARTIN NOTRE DAME

35 CB LOUCHEIZ PURIFOY FLORIDA

71 C WESTON RICHBURG COLORADO STATE

83 WR DONTE MONCRIEF MISSISSIPPI

102 RB CARLOS HYDE OHIO STATE

123 RB CHARLES SIMS WVU

133 ILB LAMIN BARROW LSU

164 WR TEVIN REESE BAYLOR

195 DE LARRY WEBSTER BLOOMSBURG
I like Coop!!! Getting Manziel and Martin at #4 and #26 is my "Dream" 1st round.... I also like Richburg, Webster and Moncrief but you have to know that unless Hyde runs a 4.8 forty he doesn't last until round 4... 


Couch
Thanks, yeah he likely goes higher, but hey he was there in this game :).
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2014 3:04 PM

Re: Fan Speak Draft Simulator 


4 QB TEDDY BRIDGEWATER LOUISVILLE
26 DT RA’SHEDE HAGEMAN MINNESOTA
35 RB LACHE SEASTRUNK BAYLOR
71 CB STANLEY JEAN- BAPTISTE NEBRASKA
83 OT SEANTREL HENDERSON MIAMI
102 WR MARTAVIS BRYANT CLEMSON
123 C COREY LINSLEY OHIO STATE
133 DE MARCUS SMITH LOUISVILLE
164 RB DE’ANTHONY THOMAS OREGON
195 OLB DEVON KENNARD USC

Last edited 1/24/2014 3:05 PM by TomShady

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/24/2014 8:12 PM

RE: Fan Speak Draft Simulator 


First Try:

4.) Sammy Watkins - WR
26.) Darqueze Dennard - CB
35.) Derek Carr - QB
71.) Ka'Deem Carey - RB
83.) Dominique Easley - DT
102.) Jackson Jeffcoat - DE
123.) Carlos Hyde - RB
133.) Xavier Grimble - TE
164.) Wesley Johnson - G
195.) James Stone - C
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 12  Next >