Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

Re: Lombardi:Finding our franchise QB

Avatar

Posted: 2/18/2013 12:11 PM

Re: Lombardi:Finding our franchise QB 



Gameface64 wrote: Pretty disheartening that our chief talent evaluator missed so badly on 3 QBs in one draft. Three years from now the picture might have changed, but day-um, Gibbert and Mallet over Kapernick? And what he writes seems self serving, trying to bolster his initial take on Mallet was correct based on a couple pre-season series. It'd be nice if he could admit being wrong, and that would indicate an ability to learn from mistakes.

And do I remember correctly that Mallet was 3rd string in NE?

I've posted many times that imo the key to successful franchise building is scouting and talent evaluation. If Lombardi doesn't have the gift, here's hoping he'll get out of the way and trust his best scouts.
Reduced to hope.

Hope is not a plan.

I may just pull a T-Dog and divest until after this re-boot fails.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/18/2013 12:17 PM

Re: Lombardi:Finding our franchise QB 



Nasdaq wrote:
Gameface64 wrote: Pretty disheartening that our chief talent evaluator missed so badly on 3 QBs in one draft. Three years from now the picture might have changed, but day-um, Gibbert and Mallet over Kapernick? And what he writes seems self serving, trying to bolster his initial take on Mallet was correct based on a couple pre-season series. It'd be nice if he could admit being wrong, and that would indicate an ability to learn from mistakes.

And do I remember correctly that Mallet was 3rd string in NE?

I've posted many times that imo the key to successful franchise building is scouting and talent evaluation. If Lombardi doesn't have the gift, here's hoping he'll get out of the way and trust his best scouts.
Reduced to hope.

Hope is not a plan.

I may just pull a T-Dog and divest until after this re-boot fails.
It's been 4 minutes and not one post begging me to stay.

let's get on the ball there, people.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/18/2013 12:36 PM

Re: Lombardi:Finding our franchise QB 



Nasdaq wrote:
Nasdaq wrote:
Gameface64 wrote: Pretty disheartening that our chief talent evaluator missed so badly on 3 QBs in one draft. Three years from now the picture might have changed, but day-um, Gibbert and Mallet over Kapernick? And what he writes seems self serving, trying to bolster his initial take on Mallet was correct based on a couple pre-season series. It'd be nice if he could admit being wrong, and that would indicate an ability to learn from mistakes.

And do I remember correctly that Mallet was 3rd string in NE?

I've posted many times that imo the key to successful franchise building is scouting and talent evaluation. If Lombardi doesn't have the gift, here's hoping he'll get out of the way and trust his best scouts.
Reduced to hope.

Hope is not a plan.

I may just pull a T-Dog and divest until after this re-boot fails.
It's been 4 minutes and not one post begging me to stay.

let's get on the ball there, people.

SD:

what are you carping about Dabessst been had room in his study since he cleaned out his Browns gear half a decade ago .

You can find sympathy there , if you don't want to leaf thru Websters and find it between shyte and Syphillus .

Sympathy is my middle name  call me anytime.

pirate

SoulDawg
WAR : OUR TIME HAS COME
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/18/2013 2:36 PM

Re: Lombardi:Finding our franchise QB 



Nasdaq wrote:
Reduced to hope.

Hope is not a plan.


We still have wishing.
>>> Decleater <<<
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/18/2013 3:27 PM

Re: Lombardi:Finding our franchise QB 



SoulDawg74 wrote:
Nasdaq wrote:
Nasdaq wrote:
Gameface64 wrote: Pretty disheartening that our chief talent evaluator missed so badly on 3 QBs in one draft. Three years from now the picture might have changed, but day-um, Gibbert and Mallet over Kapernick? And what he writes seems self serving, trying to bolster his initial take on Mallet was correct based on a couple pre-season series. It'd be nice if he could admit being wrong, and that would indicate an ability to learn from mistakes.

And do I remember correctly that Mallet was 3rd string in NE?

I've posted many times that imo the key to successful franchise building is scouting and talent evaluation. If Lombardi doesn't have the gift, here's hoping he'll get out of the way and trust his best scouts.
Reduced to hope.

Hope is not a plan.

I may just pull a T-Dog and divest until after this re-boot fails.
It's been 4 minutes and not one post begging me to stay.

let's get on the ball there, people.

SD:

what are you carping about Dabessst been had room in his study since he cleaned out his Browns gear half a decade ago .

You can find sympathy there , if you don't want to leaf thru Websters and find it between shyte and Syphillus .

Sympathy is my middle name  call me anytime.

pirate

SoulDawg

That was david White and not david best, wasn't it?

I still have his Chris palmer coaching cap he gave me when he gave all his stuff away. Had to de-louse it tho.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/18/2013 7:50 PM

Re: Lombardi:Finding our franchise QB 


As someone once said, they never dedicated a monument to a committee. When there is a committee evaluating quarterbacks, chances run high that mistakes will be made.

Don't we have a committee ?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/19/2013 12:01 PM

Re: Lombardi:Finding our franchise QB 



BK Dog wrote: As someone once said, they never dedicated a monument to a committee.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/19/2013 4:05 PM

Re: Lombardi:Finding our franchise QB 


2 things:

-For years WW2 vets didn't have an official DC memorial chosen by a committee or anyone else. To an extent, what was the point? People either got what they did or they didn't get what they did. Their service and sacrifice was in some ways their memorial. Now they have one- for what it's worth.

- What's more important: The individual that made up the committee of the army, or the committee of the army that was made up of individuals? Is it a memorial of the Army committee that was ordered to fight WW2 or a memorial of the individual people who were WW2 vets and actually had boots on the ground?

The story I keep hearing is that guys fought for themselves and the few guys around them- not for the Army. Tough call.

In football it's different. The committee called the Browns is more important than individual players.

But the original BK post is correct that sometimes an individual gives up personal opinion to the comfort of committee consensus. That way blame gets spread around and responsibility is dodged even if a shared opinion is less than straight-forward. And if things go well, one can always jump on the bandwagon.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/20/2013 3:17 PM

Re: Lombardi:Finding our franchise QB 



HeadHole wrote: 2 things:

-For years WW2 vets didn't have an official DC memorial chosen by a committee or anyone else. To an extent, what was the point? People either got what they did or they didn't get what they did. Their service and sacrifice was in some ways their memorial. Now they have one- for what it's worth.

- What's more important: The individual that made up the committee of the army, or the committee of the army that was made up of individuals? Is it a memorial of the Army committee that was ordered to fight WW2 or a memorial of the individual people who were WW2 vets and actually had boots on the ground?

The story I keep hearing is that guys fought for themselves and the few guys around them- not for the Army. Tough call.

In football it's different. The committee called the Browns is more important than individual players.

But the original BK post is correct that sometimes an individual gives up personal opinion to the comfort of committee consensus. That way blame gets spread around and responsibility is dodged even if a shared opinion is less than straight-forward. And if things go well, one can always jump on the bandwagon.

You're waaaay too deep here.

You said "there's never been a monument to a committee".

I posted the "committee" that hoisted the flag, kinda sorts after-the-fact for a photo op, at Iwo.

Just, yah know, to bust yer ballz.

No need at all to get philamasophical, esp when you're Head Like a Hole.

Sometimes a football is just a football.


PS - I dare yah to call that committee a group from the "army" to a Marine. ;-)
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/23/2013 7:57 PM

Re: Lombardi:Finding our franchise QB 


"You're waaaay too deep here."

-- I don't often hear that.

"You said "there's never been a monument to a committee"."

-- No. That was BK-whatever. Not me. I wouldn't be surprised if many committees have decided- after long contemplation- to award monuments to other committees. Isn't that part of what some committees do?

"I posted the "committee" that hoisted the flag, kinda sorts after-the-fact for a photo op, at Iwo."

-- It was a photo op. Made memorial by the actions of the individuals who were used to create it. Some of whom died in the war. Good propaganda at the time no doubt. But I wonder if now a committee could be formed that would deplore any image that tended to show war sacrifice in a positive manner and vote to suppress that photo. 

"Just, yah know, to bust yer ballz."

-- As said, my body parts weren't involved in your comment. But let me check to be sure... Nope, my "ballz" weren't busted.

"No need at all to get philamasophical, esp when you're Head Like a Hole.

Sometimes a football is just a football."

-- True. But sometimes I let holes and footballs effect me. I need to be careful of that.

"PS - I dare yah to call that committee a group from the "army" to a Marine. ;-)"

-- But that was sort of my point. Anyway, never make a Marine mad unless you can back it up. The one time I had that chance- down in Baja- I tucked tail and kept walking. A fight with a Marine, followed perhaps by a night in a Mexican jail, didn't seem too appealing.

Reply | Quote