Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

OOOOOOP Thar it Is ................pt 2

Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 9:34 AM

OOOOOOP Thar it Is ................pt 2 


Lombardi to the Browns, per every media outlet in CLE.

Let the teeth gnashing begin.  I'm headed to the liquor cabinet.

How in the blue f uck does this happen?  And don't just say "Banner".  Tell me how this is a good idea.  Really.
It's like magic....only real.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 10:42 AM

Re: OOOOOOP Thar it Is ................pt 2 


That's right Suzi.

Here's the stupid link:
http://cle.scout.com/2/1258850.html
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 10:56 AM

Re: OOOOOOP Thar it Is ................pt 2 



suzi_q wrote: Lombardi to the Browns, per every media outlet in CLE.

Let the teeth gnashing begin.  I'm headed to the liquor cabinet.

How in the blue f uck does this happen?  And don't just say "Banner".  Tell me how this is a good idea.  Really.
Maybe it will work because if they are half as smart as they apparently think they are, they will realize that this announcement ended any honeymoon the new regime may have enjoyed. It's gonzo.

They either get it right now or they better know that the fans will express their disgust in the only way that matters...$$$. There are going to be a number of fans like me who were on the last leg. This is it. If they don't produce now, as in this year, my 20+ years of season tickets ends. I *know* I am not alone in this.

Maybe like the super smart egghead, they like the extra pressure to focus.

Personally, I mainly worry about the effect of having two backstabbing micro-managing jerkwads in a front office does to the ability to attract high quality talent in the personnel department. It's been my experience that people who are really good have options and life is too short to work with people who you can't trust.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 10:56 AM

Re: OOOOOOP Thar it Is ................pt 2 


It's logical that if Banner is Capt Queg, he wouldn't have a problem with Lombardi's reputation. Like attracts like. Spooks in the halls of Berea. And Gomer Pyle driving the bus.
>>> Decleater <<<
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 11:16 AM

Re: OOOOOOP Thar it Is ................pt 2 


Banner and Lombardi at the presser:

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 11:28 AM

Re: OOOOOOP Thar it Is ................pt 2 



Gameface64 wrote:  Spooks in the halls of Berea.

SD, u gonna let him get away with that?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 11:32 AM

Re: OOOOOOP Thar it Is ................pt 2 



I expect some people to man up and apologize to Lane, because this has been brewing for weeks and weeks.

Yes. We are well and truly screwed.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 11:38 AM

You know the true kick in the balls.... 



...is that these ******* just spent two weeks with a sham GM search when all along they knew Lombardi was the guy they were going to get. And please, if someone in here wants to continue their delusions please reply to someone else because I already doubt your intelligence, don't make me doubt your sanity, too.

The only thing we need to know now is whether Haslam was just duped out of his fukking socks and thinks this was a real search or if he's just a prick with a twang.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 11:42 AM

That's my take. 



Gary Reents wrote:
...is that these ******* just spent two weeks with a sham GM search when all along they knew Lombardi was the guy they were going to get. And please, if someone in here wants to continue their delusions please reply to someone else because I already doubt your intelligence, don't make me doubt your sanity, too.

The only thing we need to know now is whether Haslam was just duped out of his fukking socks and thinks this was a real search or if he's just a prick with a twang.
It was all smoke and mirrors - there never was a GM opening.  Lombardi's name was the proverbial gum-on-your-f ucking-shoe....stuck and nearly impossible to get rid of.  Except with gasoline but that's probably illegal or something.

I don't think Haslem is stupid.  I'll just leave it at that.

Damage control/lipstick on a pig presser going on now............
It's like magic....only real.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 12:00 PM

Re: That's my take. 



suzi_q wrote:
Gary Reents wrote:
...is that these ******* just spent two weeks with a sham GM search when all along they knew Lombardi was the guy they were going to get. And please, if someone in here wants to continue their delusions please reply to someone else because I already doubt your intelligence, don't make me doubt your sanity, too.

The only thing we need to know now is whether Haslam was just duped out of his fukking socks and thinks this was a real search or if he's just a prick with a twang.
It was all smoke and mirrors - there never was a GM opening.  Lombardi's name was the proverbial gum-on-your-f ucking-shoe....stuck and nearly impossible to get rid of.  Except with gasoline but that's probably illegal or something.

I don't think Haslem is stupid.  I'll just leave it at that.

Damage control/lipstick on a pig presser going on now............
Quit cryinbg you two.

He's running it like a billion dollar business (like Worldcomm & Enron ....)

Have to wait and see.

Last edited 1/18/2013 12:00 PM by Nasdaq

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 12:07 PM

Re: OOOOOOP Thar it Is ................pt 2 


"I've been to three World Fairs and a goat phucking contest, and I've never seen anything like this."

Not that this has to do with anything, but a woman just told me that was a favorite expression of her father's, and it was too good to pass up.

All you can do is believe in reverse psychology.  Banner? Lombardi?  SB in 2015!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 12:19 PM

Re: That's my take. 



Nasdaq wrote:
suzi_q wrote:
Gary Reents wrote:
...is that these ******* just spent two weeks with a sham GM search when all along they knew Lombardi was the guy they were going to get. And please, if someone in here wants to continue their delusions please reply to someone else because I already doubt your intelligence, don't make me doubt your sanity, too.

The only thing we need to know now is whether Haslam was just duped out of his fukking socks and thinks this was a real search or if he's just a prick with a twang.
It was all smoke and mirrors - there never was a GM opening.  Lombardi's name was the proverbial gum-on-your-f ucking-shoe....stuck and nearly impossible to get rid of.  Except with gasoline but that's probably illegal or something.

I don't think Haslem is stupid.  I'll just leave it at that.

Damage control/lipstick on a pig presser going on now............
Quit cryinbg you two.

He's running it like a billion dollar business (like Worldcomm & Enron ....)

Have to wait and see.
Any truth to the rumor he's putting in disel pumps at the stadium?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 1:11 PM

Re: OOOOOOP Thar it Is ................pt 2 



Nasdaq wrote:
Gameface64 wrote:  Spooks in the halls of Berea.

SD, u gonna let him get away with that?
SD:

Whaaaaaaa, I thought he was talking about  Lombardi and Banner .

Like, No such agency being Frat Brothers with the Christians in Action .

Lies damn lies and more lies.

F uck do I know

SoulDawg
WAR : OUR TIME HAS COME
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 1:15 PM

Re: That's my take. 



suzi_q wrote:

I don't think Haslem is stupid.  I'll just leave it at that.

Well he couldn't remember which city Chud grew up in.  He seems to think Lombardi is GM when Banner made it clear he's VP of Personell which I have no idea what the difference is but a CEO should talk about employees with their proper titles.

Haslem may be a smart businessman but he sure seems like a stupid NFL owner.

Gary - he's working on showers and automated hot dog vending machines at the stadium.  Diesel pumps is just stupid.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 1:23 PM

Re: That's my take. 



0tter wrote:


Gary - he's working on showers and automated hot dog vending machines at the stadium.  Diesel pumps is just stupid.

Self service taquitos and chedder-in-the-meat-tube hot dog rollers.

get it right.

Simpletons.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 1:24 PM

Re: OOOOOOP Thar it Is ................pt 2 


Maybe Haslam is like the female Indians owner in Major league, and he's just going drive this thing into the lake on purpose and take the wrecked pieces somewhere down South.

Memphis Blues? Birmingham Browns?

Get the Waffle House to build him a stadium.

I'm joking....I hope.


PS: The pursuit of Chip Kelly, if you believe that was a baaaaad idea, fits into the paranoid scenario above. Truth, Lombardi isn't enough to make me ledge. It's just a head shaker, with a dash of "this better work out".
>>> Decleater <<<

Last edited 1/18/2013 1:26 PM by Gameface64

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 1:26 PM

Re: That's my take. 



Nasdaq wrote:
0tter wrote:


Gary - he's working on showers and automated hot dog vending machines at the stadium.  Diesel pumps is just stupid.

Self service taquitos and chedder-in-the-meat-tube hot dog rollers.

get it right.

Simpletons.

You know they hired a guy from the San Diego Padres to run their concession business.   So maybe we get latte's and microbrews with our taquitos.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 1:27 PM

Re: OOOOOOP Thar it Is ................pt 2 



Nasdaq wrote:
Gameface64 wrote:  Spooks in the halls of Berea.

SD, u gonna let him get away with that?
When did Soul Dawg join the CIA, and why wasn't I informed?
>>> Decleater <<<
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 1:49 PM

Re: OOOOOOP Thar it Is ................pt 2 



suzi_q wrote: Lombardi to the Browns, per every media outlet in CLE.

Let the teeth gnashing begin.  I'm headed to the liquor cabinet.

How in the blue f uck does this happen?  And don't just say "Banner".  Tell me how this is a good idea.  Really.
Oh, sorry. I let you down.

Hiring Lombardi is a great idea, not just a good idea! Awesome! Really.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 1:50 PM

Re: OOOOOOP Thar it Is ................pt 2 


I watched the end of the presser.  It looks like Lombardi might have lost some weight?

Probly worrying about his job opportunities.  Now he'll hit the food again and get fat.

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >