Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

OT: The Puyallup Fair is no more . . .

Posted: 01/18/2013 12:16 PM

OT: The Puyallup Fair is no more . . . 


Effective 2013, The Fair will be known as the Washington State Fair.

Anything with "Puyallup Fair" on it becomes a collectors item.

Went to a shareholder meeting yesterday and learned mucho.

Note: - after I married Mrs BRD, I learned she is the great great grandaughter of the president of the founding fathers of the Puyallup Fair.  She gave me one share, and we attend The Fair 3-4 times each fall + the spring fair.

Anybody interested in "Fair Stats" = I can post, but there are 4 pages of these Fair stats.

By the way, we get 102 entrance tickets to the fall fair, and have 80 commited - the rest we try to find folks who want to go and save money entering the fair.  You know you spend money at the fair.

The roller coaster is being rebuilt and plenty other upgrades going on.

The Fair is the 2nd largest fair in the U. S.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/18/2013 12:19 PM

Re: OT: The Puyallup Fair is no more . . . 


We used to get a half day off of school to go to the fair. It was a big deal back then and still is.

Meyer's onion burgers....hmmmm

Yakima not happy as we had the 'State' fair..stuff's gonna hit the fan!

Last edited 01/18/2013 12:20 PM by Rocky

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/18/2013 12:26 PM

Re: OT: The Puyallup Fair is no more . . . 



BurntridgeDawg wrote: Effective 2013, The Fair will be known as the Washington State Fair.

Anything with "Puyallup Fair" on it becomes a collectors item.

Went to a shareholder meeting yesterday and learned mucho.

Note: - after I married Mrs BRD, I learned she is the great great grandaughter of the president of the founding fathers of the Puyallup Fair.  She gave me one share, and we attend The Fair 3-4 times each fall + the spring fair.

Anybody interested in "Fair Stats" = I can post, but there are 4 pages of these Fair stats.

By the way, we get 102 entrance tickets to the fall fair, and have 80 commited - the rest we try to find folks who want to go and save money entering the fair.  You know you spend money at the fair.

The roller coaster is being rebuilt and plenty other upgrades going on.

The Fair is the 2nd largest fair in the U. S.
It was the Western Washington Fair all along!!  I grew up in Puyallup, and I got lucky enough to move.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/18/2013 12:32 PM

Re: OT: The Puyallup Fair is no more . . . 


Spokane also had a State Fair.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/18/2013 12:42 PM

Re: OT: The Puyallup Fair is no more . . . 


It's like the Sears tower, you can call it whatever you like, it's still the Puyallup Fair. 

I rarely go these days but if I do there are a few things that are a must.  A ride on the White roller coaster and an elephant ear.

"The majority of what you read on the internet is simply not true."  -- Abraham Lincoln
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/18/2013 12:43 PM

Re: OT: The Puyallup Fair is no more . . . 



Rocky wrote: We used to get a half day off of school to go to the fair. It was a big deal back then and still is.

Meyer's onion burgers....hmmmm

Yakima not happy as we had the 'State' fair..stuff's gonna hit the fan!
Yakima's fair has always been known as the "Central Washington State Fair". 

However it was home to the only "State Fair" ever hosted (back in the 30's).  I didn't know that last part.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/18/2013 12:50 PM

Re: OT: The Puyallup Fair is no more . . . 



AntiDuckDawg wrote:
BurntridgeDawg wrote: Effective 2013, The Fair will be known as the Washington State Fair.

Anything with "Puyallup Fair" on it becomes a collectors item.

Went to a shareholder meeting yesterday and learned mucho.

Note: - after I married Mrs BRD, I learned she is the great great grandaughter of the president of the founding fathers of the Puyallup Fair.  She gave me one share, and we attend The Fair 3-4 times each fall + the spring fair.

Anybody interested in "Fair Stats" = I can post, but there are 4 pages of these Fair stats.

By the way, we get 102 entrance tickets to the fall fair, and have 80 commited - the rest we try to find folks who want to go and save money entering the fair.  You know you spend money at the fair.

The roller coaster is being rebuilt and plenty other upgrades going on.

The Fair is the 2nd largest fair in the U. S.
It was the Western Washington Fair all along!!  I grew up in Puyallup, and I got lucky enough to move.
All posters every year advertising The Fair are hanging on the walls of the office complex.  "Western Washington Fair" is many of then but not all.

At the meeting, plenty talk on "collector items" in addition to Fair business.  "Puyallup Fair" logo is no more.

By the way, chatted with the guy who "gets performers" to perform at the fair.  They have more requests from name performers than they can handle.  C&W is the biggest draw, particularly during the rodeo portion.  Some performers are very very pricey.  By next week, they should finalize all 2013 performances.

A construction bud lives 4 blocks from the fair.  Guess where we park?biggrin
Reply | Quote
  • gibbdawg
  • Dawgman Junior
  • 1221 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 01/18/2013 12:51 PM

I still Remember... 


getting free tickets through Tyee Park Elementary schools and then begging my parents to take us.  I think a few times we actually took a school field trip there.

The memories...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/18/2013 12:58 PM

Re: I still Remember... 



gibbdawg wrote: getting free tickets through Tyee Park Elementary schools and then begging my parents to take us.  I think a few times we actually took a school field trip there.

The memories...

Like I said, we get more entrance tickets than we can use and give away.  If you want tickets, get on my list.

All FFA programs and ag related organizations get free tickets.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/18/2013 1:11 PM

Re: OT: The Puyallup Fair is no more . . . 


BUT CAN YOU STILL DO IT AT A TROT OR A GALLUP?!?!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/18/2013 1:12 PM

Re: OT: The Puyallup Fair is no more . . . 



BurntridgeDawg wrote: Effective 2013, The Fair will be known as the Washington State Fair.

Anything with "Puyallup Fair" on it becomes a collectors item.

Went to a shareholder meeting yesterday and learned mucho.

Note: - after I married Mrs BRD, I learned she is the great great grandaughter of the president of the founding fathers of the Puyallup Fair.  She gave me one share, and we attend The Fair 3-4 times each fall + the spring fair.

Anybody interested in "Fair Stats" = I can post, but there are 4 pages of these Fair stats.

By the way, we get 102 entrance tickets to the fall fair, and have 80 commited - the rest we try to find folks who want to go and save money entering the fair.  You know you spend money at the fair.

The roller coaster is being rebuilt and plenty other upgrades going on.

The Fair is the 2nd largest fair in the U. S.
I thought they had already begun calling it that..

Wow, moving up in the world. At one time I remember hearing it was the 7th...

It's gone downhill a little in the last few years in my mind at least.

Still love going just for the food. My oldest son got to go on his first ride this past year, and I'm afraid my trips to the fair are now likely to get markedly more expensive...

"I prefer whiskey......" - Elise Woodward

GO DAWGS!

Last edited 01/18/2013 1:16 PM by RainierDawgFan

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/18/2013 1:17 PM

Re: OT: The Puyallup Fair is no more . . . 


If your heart don't palpitate...wink

"I prefer whiskey......" - Elise Woodward

GO DAWGS!

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/18/2013 1:17 PM

RE: OT: The Puyallup Fair is no more . . . 


Do they still have those strawberry scones at the fair? We haven't been to a fair in years. Far too many other entertainment choices. Down here, all winter long you see carnivals in parking lots plying their wares. There is no uniqueness to the attractions to warrant paying a state fair for what you basically get for free in a parking lot.
Reply | Quote
  • dawgsz
  • Dawgman Junior
  • 1213 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 01/18/2013 1:26 PM

Re: OT: The Puyallup Fair is no more . . . 



purpledawgfan wrote: It's like the Sears tower, you can call it whatever you like, it's still the Puyallup Fair. 

I rarely go these days but if I do there are a few things that are a must.  A ride on the White roller coaster and an elephant ear.

Ah elephant ears! now you're talking my friend lol!                

I live in Puyallup and like driving by there every year during the fair just to take in the atmosphere and smell the food....
GO DAWGS!

Last edited 01/18/2013 1:27 PM by dawgsz

Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/18/2013 1:37 PM

Re: OT: The Puyallup Fair is no more . . . 



RainierDawgFan wrote:
BurntridgeDawg wrote: Effective 2013, The Fair will be known as the Washington State Fair.

Anything with "Puyallup Fair" on it becomes a collectors item.

Went to a shareholder meeting yesterday and learned mucho.

Note: - after I married Mrs BRD, I learned she is the great great grandaughter of the president of the founding fathers of the Puyallup Fair.  She gave me one share, and we attend The Fair 3-4 times each fall + the spring fair.

Anybody interested in "Fair Stats" = I can post, but there are 4 pages of these Fair stats.

By the way, we get 102 entrance tickets to the fall fair, and have 80 commited - the rest we try to find folks who want to go and save money entering the fair.  You know you spend money at the fair.

The roller coaster is being rebuilt and plenty other upgrades going on.

The Fair is the 2nd largest fair in the U. S.
I thought they had already begun calling it that..

Wow, moving up in the world. At one time I remember hearing it was the 7th...

It's gone downhill a little in the last few years in my mind at least.

Still love going just for the food. My oldest son got to go on his first ride this past year, and I'm afraid my trips to the fair are now likely to get markedly more expensive...
Get on my Fair List - we now have 80 of the 102 tickets commited.  22 are "open".  I think the entrance fee is $11 but could be more.  We also get discount deals on kiddie rides - more savings.

The 1st place we head to at The Fair is the scones in the building on the right of the gold gate (which will be upgraded before this fall).  My wife won't let me go anywhere till she gets her scone.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/18/2013 1:41 PM

What's going to happen to the diddy . . . 


You can do it a trot
You can do it at a gallup
You can do it a pace that won't make your heart palpitate
Just don't be late
Do the Puyallup
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/18/2013 1:47 PM

RE: OT: The Puyallup Fair is no more . . . 


They still have scones . . . one of the best parts about the fair!!! 
Vegasdawg wrote: Do they still have those strawberry scones at the fair? We haven't been to a fair in years. Far too many other entertainment choices. Down here, all winter long you see carnivals in parking lots plying their wares. There is no uniqueness to the attractions to warrant paying a state fair for what you basically get for free in a parking lot.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/18/2013 2:23 PM

as long as the duck... 


and the chicken are still down by the farm, kickin' up the hay and raisin' up a storm, i m good...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/18/2013 3:02 PM

Re: OT: The Puyallup Fair is no more . . . 


I live in Puyallup too. Not a fan of the traffic. Don't go to the fair much since it is pretty much always the same and often seems like you are smack dab in the middle of the WSU campus
dawgsz wrote:
purpledawgfan wrote: It's like the Sears tower, you can call it whatever you like, it's still the Puyallup Fair. 

I rarely go these days but if I do there are a few things that are a must.  A ride on the White roller coaster and an elephant ear.

Ah elephant ears! now you're talking my friend lol!                

I live in Puyallup and like driving by there every year during the fair just to take in the atmosphere and smell the food....
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/18/2013 3:20 PM

Re: OT: The Puyallup Fair is no more . . . 


Well technically the fair was called the western Washington fair
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >