Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 10  Next >

RE: Question for SEC fans...

  • OPace
  • Junior
  • 1623 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2012 8:51 PM

RE: Question for SEC fans... 


Every team has attrition like that. Most schools don't respond, by going JUCO, or cutting kids, or creating medical hardship and signing 25+ the next year. Bama does.
34011 wrote: Again 32 players signed LOI's they did not enter school.. Matter of fact that 08 class was unreal, greatest class to ever come thru bama, but we had two players go play baseball out that class, one greyshirt which counted to the 09 class and three who went juco.. so we brought in 25 new recruits in that class..  See when start counting numbers, you also have to count juco different becasue they are only there for two years not four so naturally you get to sign more players over time, then if you have players leave early then you sign more players, if you have players that are headed for juco you will sign more players over time... You guys are wanting to count LOI's as players actually getting into to school, not very smart at all...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2012 8:52 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 



rayb678 wrote:
TideFaninFl wrote:
SurfOhio wrote:
TideFaninFl wrote: Alabama does not oversign.  The reason why it looks that way is Bama has players who signed in previous years, included in the list.  Alabama also gives athletes medical leaves if they are caught with drugs or other items.  This prevents the student from getting a bad reputation while trying to fix his or her problem.  Othe schools do it more in the open, but they are trying to help the student as well.  If the student can not fix it, then they are gone.  Several Alabama players have had this happen, and transferred to other lesser schools (FCS, JC, etc.)


  Alabama has as many scholarship players on their roster as any other college team.  Everything else that you say is an excuse for losing to Alabama and the SEC.


cool
Is it a university's job to be a rehab clinic? what kind of STUDENT-athletes do they have at Bama? they should change their shirts from Crimson to Gray cool

http://oversigning.com/testing...hp/tag/alabama/

It is the universities job to protect their students...... or doesn't OSU have a
health clinic/ hospital on campus?

cool
What you're basically saying is that student-athletes at Alabama have much, much higher rates of drug abuse.  So bad, in fact, that it causes Alabama to sign 40 more players than average for a typical BCS team.  Wow....the lengths you folks will go to in order to protect a despicable practice that yields an unfair advantage is laughable.
Just another made up statement, over the last four years tOSU has brought in 92 new football players and Alabama has brought in 98 new football players. So bama is so good because it has actually brought in six more players than tOSU.. I don't think so.. We have had to three players leave over failing drug test. Robbie green, Prince Hall, and a Dlineman all starters... Jimmy Johns they caught him selling drugs in the parking lot Sabans first year and a shula recruit they were all shula recruits so he was kicked off the team... fourty players I don't where you get that from, you are just making stuff up...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2012 9:00 PM

RE: Question for SEC fans... 


Where is this long list of players that bama has cut, please let me know, let the world know. I am sure yahoo sports would love that list or cbs or nbc... Tell what school does not sign Juco's in the past. tOSU sign Juco's, put players on med hardship, and cut players. Didn't Urban just lose ten players before signing day last year and has continued to lose players thru out the year this year, come on man get off your high horse.. Hell, I hope we sign 25 players to LOI's every year... I hope bama has a full roster of schollie players every year and the only for that to happen is to oversign every year and greyshirt if possible so you have new recruits coming into the fold early to learn the system because in this day and age you need freshman to play and not make mistakes.... SEC wins the HT, just kidding....
OPace wrote: Every team has attrition like that. Most schools don't respond, by going JUCO, or cutting kids, or creating medical hardship and signing 25+ the next year. Bama does.
34011 wrote: Again 32 players signed LOI's they did not enter school.. Matter of fact that 08 class was unreal, greatest class to ever come thru bama, but we had two players go play baseball out that class, one greyshirt which counted to the 09 class and three who went juco.. so we brought in 25 new recruits in that class..  See when start counting numbers, you also have to count juco different becasue they are only there for two years not four so naturally you get to sign more players over time, then if you have players leave early then you sign more players, if you have players that are headed for juco you will sign more players over time... You guys are wanting to count LOI's as players actually getting into to school, not very smart at all...
Reply | Quote
  • OPace
  • Junior
  • 1623 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2012 9:03 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 


But there are about 10 OSU players who left either because they Tress recruits. Using your logic they don't count. So that brings it up to 16 more, not counting the 32 to 20 advantage Bama had in 2008. 28 players in 5 years....basically a full class.

edit - Tress signed 1 Juco, and imherited another from Cooper.
Just another made up statement, over the last four years tOSU has brought in 92 new football players and Alabama has brought in 98 new football players. So bama is so good because it has actually brought in six more players than tOSU.. I don't think so.. We have had to three players leave over failing drug test. Robbie green, Prince Hall, and a Dlineman all starters... Jimmy Johns they caught him selling drugs in the parking lot Sabans first year and a shula recruit they were all shula recruits so he was kicked off the team... fourty players I don't where you get that from, you are just making stuff up...

Last edited 12/8/2012 9:07 PM by OPace

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2012 9:15 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 


What advantage are you talking about, in the last four years bama has had six more players enter school than tOSU and who fault is that. tOSU and the big ten have these dumb signing rules fromt the 50's when kids had limited options, now days kids have unlimited options. If they don't like tOSU they can leave go to a d2 for a year and then go to any D1 school it wants..
  My logic if they enter school they count against the numbers, dude. You want to count guys who never entered shool, which is silly... The ten players that left before signing day for tOSU were actually on the roster you know, I agree they left because they did not fit Urban system or did not get along with urban or whatever, but they were going to class and practice and a few other things like workouts... The guys you want to count for bama never entered school and never went to class, which is insane, you cannot compare the two...
 Well maybe Tressel should have signed more JUCO kids, there is nothing wrong with them, they are usually pretty good players, I think Larry Grant was fine player for you guys, if LSU, USC,Bama,texas,and Okie are signing Juco's dosen't it seem strange you guys don't....
OPace wrote: But there are about 10 OSU players who left either because they Tress recruits. Using your logic they don't count. So that brings it up to 16 more, not counting the 32 to 20 advantage Bama had in 2008. 28 players in 5 years....basically a full class.
Just another made up statement, over the last four years tOSU has brought in 92 new football players and Alabama has brought in 98 new football players. So bama is so good because it has actually brought in six more players than tOSU.. I don't think so.. We have had to three players leave over failing drug test. Robbie green, Prince Hall, and a Dlineman all starters... Jimmy Johns they caught him selling drugs in the parking lot Sabans first year and a shula recruit they were all shula recruits so he was kicked off the team... fourty players I don't where you get that from, you are just making stuff up...

Last edited 12/8/2012 9:18 PM by 34011

Reply | Quote
  • OPace
  • Junior
  • 1623 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2012 9:17 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 


WHy aren't they comparable? Attrition is attrition.

Oh because that would make Saban look bad, and he can't because ROLL TIDE!
34011 wrote: What advantage are you talking about, in the last four years bama has had six more players enter school than tOSU and who fault is that. tOSU and the big ten have these dumb signing rules fromt the 50's when kids had limited options, now days kids have unlimited options. If they don't like tOSU they can leave go to a d2 for a year and then go to any D1 school it wants..
  My logic if they enter school they count against the numbers, dude. You want to count guys who never entered shool, which is silly... The ten players that left before signing day for tOSU were actually on the roster you know, I agree they left because they did not fit Urban system or did not get along with urban or whatever, but they were going to class and practice and a few other things like workouts... The guys you want to count for bama never entered school and never went to class, which is insane, you cannot compare the two...
OPace wrote: But there are about 10 OSU players who left either because they Tress recruits. Using your logic they don't count. So that brings it up to 16 more, not counting the 32 to 20 advantage Bama had in 2008. 28 players in 5 years....basically a full class.
Just another made up statement, over the last four years tOSU has brought in 92 new football players and Alabama has brought in 98 new football players. So bama is so good because it has actually brought in six more players than tOSU.. I don't think so.. We have had to three players leave over failing drug test. Robbie green, Prince Hall, and a Dlineman all starters... Jimmy Johns they caught him selling drugs in the parking lot Sabans first year and a shula recruit they were all shula recruits so he was kicked off the team... fourty players I don't where you get that from, you are just making stuff up...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2012 9:41 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 


SEC=Ridin Dirty

They learn how to break rules as soon as they are made.
The views expressed here, are solely my own, well, most of the time.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2012 9:56 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 


Well, if I understand you right you want to compare a players who signed a LOI to guy who actually entered school and that is just not comparable at all.. It is that how far down you guys have fallen...
 Saban is not worried about oversigning, never has been he is going to have a full roster of schollie players because he will find a way to make it happen, he is a hard worker and he and the people around him are smart...
  I'm done with this it is to easy, really. Here is the facts if you are not oversigning you are undersigning and undersigning puts your team at a disadvantage not only from a depth standpoint but from a player development standpoint.. You are screwing your team over two ways.. That is my belief, I would rather be oversigning then undersigning and the truth is there is no in between if you really think about it... So you guys have a good time on the 7th, I know I will...
OPace wrote: WHy aren't they comparable? Attrition is attrition.

Oh because that would make Saban look bad, and he can't because ROLL TIDE!
34011 wrote: What advantage are you talking about, in the last four years bama has had six more players enter school than tOSU and who fault is that. tOSU and the big ten have these dumb signing rules fromt the 50's when kids had limited options, now days kids have unlimited options. If they don't like tOSU they can leave go to a d2 for a year and then go to any D1 school it wants..
  My logic if they enter school they count against the numbers, dude. You want to count guys who never entered shool, which is silly... The ten players that left before signing day for tOSU were actually on the roster you know, I agree they left because they did not fit Urban system or did not get along with urban or whatever, but they were going to class and practice and a few other things like workouts... The guys you want to count for bama never entered school and never went to class, which is insane, you cannot compare the two...
OPace wrote: But there are about 10 OSU players who left either because they Tress recruits. Using your logic they don't count. So that brings it up to 16 more, not counting the 32 to 20 advantage Bama had in 2008. 28 players in 5 years....basically a full class.
Just another made up statement, over the last four years tOSU has brought in 92 new football players and Alabama has brought in 98 new football players. So bama is so good because it has actually brought in six more players than tOSU.. I don't think so.. We have had to three players leave over failing drug test. Robbie green, Prince Hall, and a Dlineman all starters... Jimmy Johns they caught him selling drugs in the parking lot Sabans first year and a shula recruit they were all shula recruits so he was kicked off the team... fourty players I don't where you get that from, you are just making stuff up...
Reply | Quote
  • OPace
  • Junior
  • 1623 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2012 10:07 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 


Quite a few irrelevancies in that post. If that is what masquerades as critical thinking down there, I can see why Bama ranks so low in education.
34011 wrote: Well, if I understand you right you want to compare a players who signed a LOI to guy who actually entered school and that is just not comparable at all.. It is that how far down you guys have fallen...
 Saban is not worried about oversigning, never has been he is going to have a full roster of schollie players because he will find a way to make it happen, he is a hard worker and he and the people around him are smart...
  I'm done with this it is to easy, really. Here is the facts if you are not oversigning you are undersigning and undersigning puts your team at a disadvantage not only from a depth standpoint but from a player development standpoint.. You are screwing your team over two ways.. That is my belief, I would rather be oversigning then undersigning and the truth is there is no in between if you really think about it... So you guys have a good time on the 7th, I know I will...
OPace wrote: WHy aren't they comparable? Attrition is attrition.

Oh because that would make Saban look bad, and he can't because ROLL TIDE!
34011 wrote: What advantage are you talking about, in the last four years bama has had six more players enter school than tOSU and who fault is that. tOSU and the big ten have these dumb signing rules fromt the 50's when kids had limited options, now days kids have unlimited options. If they don't like tOSU they can leave go to a d2 for a year and then go to any D1 school it wants..
  My logic if they enter school they count against the numbers, dude. You want to count guys who never entered shool, which is silly... The ten players that left before signing day for tOSU were actually on the roster you know, I agree they left because they did not fit Urban system or did not get along with urban or whatever, but they were going to class and practice and a few other things like workouts... The guys you want to count for bama never entered school and never went to class, which is insane, you cannot compare the two...
OPace wrote: But there are about 10 OSU players who left either because they Tress recruits. Using your logic they don't count. So that brings it up to 16 more, not counting the 32 to 20 advantage Bama had in 2008. 28 players in 5 years....basically a full class.
Just another made up statement, over the last four years tOSU has brought in 92 new football players and Alabama has brought in 98 new football players. So bama is so good because it has actually brought in six more players than tOSU.. I don't think so.. We have had to three players leave over failing drug test. Robbie green, Prince Hall, and a Dlineman all starters... Jimmy Johns they caught him selling drugs in the parking lot Sabans first year and a shula recruit they were all shula recruits so he was kicked off the team... fourty players I don't where you get that from, you are just making stuff up...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2012 11:58 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 



34011 wrote: Well, if I understand you right you want to compare a players who signed a LOI to guy who actually entered school and that is just not comparable at all..

I think it's a big part of the issue actually.  Why is a representative of the university sending a letter of intent to someone who isn't going to enroll at the school after they sign the letter of intent?  In other words, someone who has no chance to qualify?  I don't think this makes sense to anyone outside of the states of Alabama and Mississippi?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/9/2012 12:19 AM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 



ArmchairQuarterBuck wrote:
I think it's a big part of the issue actually. 
Why is a representative of the university sending a letter of intent to someone who isn't going to enroll at the school after they sign the letter of intent?  In other words, someone who has no chance to qualify?  I don't think this makes sense to anyone outside of the states of Alabama and Mississippi?

- I disagree, it's not a big part of the issue, it's just fluff. A guy
signing a letter doesn't give some form of competitive advantage or harm the student.

- Most did have a chance to qualify, but they are still borderline on signing day. If they made it fine, if not they look for other options. Absolutely no harm to the student.

- Saban's first year he lost two signees to pro baseball, it's not always about grades.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/9/2012 2:19 AM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 



ArmchairQuarterBuck wrote:
34011 wrote: Well, if I understand you right you want to compare a players who signed a LOI to guy who actually entered school and that is just not comparable at all..

I think it's a big part of the issue actually.  Why is a representative of the university sending a letter of intent to someone who isn't going to enroll at the school after they sign the letter of intent?  In other words, someone who has no chance to qualify?  I don't think this makes sense to anyone outside of the states of Alabama and Mississippi?
Well, that is at the heart of the matter, is it not. Why should it matter at all, if the kid has a chance or not.  Houston Nutt took alot heat because he had 37 kids sign a LOI, but it hurt nobody, if anything it helped those kids on the edge trying to get their grades in oreder, that hey Ole Miss is behind me if I fail or succeed.. I fail to see why offering a kid a LOI is a big deal, it is just one step in a process... The fact you really don't know who has a chance to get into school are not..... LaRon McClain a fullback for bama everybody was like he will not get into school, no way no how.. Well, guess what McClain got into school no problem... Zo Washington a recruit from Ga., was a sure lock to enter school, guess what he blew his last semester in high school and had to go to prep school...
   Plenty of schools sign kids to LOI's that don't enter school not just bama and ole miss. FSU,texas,a/m,lsu,uf,tOSU,USCe,USCw,UNC,nctate,cle mson,uga,tenn,baylor,arizona,wsu,ksu,KU, and just about every program in major coallege football, so you cannot be serious when you say only bama and ole miss are the only schools offering LOI to kids who cannot enter school...
 Yea, Southern schools take more chane's on kids, but what is the big deal. maybe you guys need to take some chances, invest in a academic center hire some tutors to help these kids out, that is what is happening at schools like alabama and LSU and why they develop kids so well right now, they invest in tudors and top off the line academic centers.. you guys to get out of your academic Ivory tower and get into the real world...

Last edited 12/9/2012 2:22 AM by 34011

Reply | Quote
  • OPace
  • Junior
  • 1623 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/9/2012 2:38 AM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 


Yeah, I am sure no other college offers tutoring services rolleyes
34011 wrote:
ArmchairQuarterBuck wrote:
34011 wrote: Well, if I understand you right you want to compare a players who signed a LOI to guy who actually entered school and that is just not comparable at all..

I think it's a big part of the issue actually.  Why is a representative of the university sending a letter of intent to someone who isn't going to enroll at the school after they sign the letter of intent?  In other words, someone who has no chance to qualify?  I don't think this makes sense to anyone outside of the states of Alabama and Mississippi?
Well, that is at the heart of the matter, is it not. Why should it matter at all, if the kid has a chance or not.  Houston Nutt took alot heat because he had 37 kids sign a LOI, but it hurt nobody, if anything it helped those kids on the edge trying to get their grades in oreder, that hey Ole Miss is behind me if I fail or succeed.. I fail to see why offering a kid a LOI is a big deal, it is just one step in a process... The fact you really don't know who has a chance to get into school are not..... LaRon McClain a fullback for bama everybody was like he will not get into school, no way no how.. Well, guess what McClain got into school no problem... Zo Washington a recruit from Ga., was a sure lock to enter school, guess what he blew his last semester in high school and had to go to prep school...
   Plenty of schools sign kids to LOI's that don't enter school not just bama and ole miss. FSU,texas,a/m,lsu,uf,tOSU,USCe,USCw,UNC,nctate,cle mson,uga,tenn,baylor,arizona,wsu,ksu,KU, and just about every program in major coallege football, so you cannot be serious when you say only bama and ole miss are the only schools offering LOI to kids who cannot enter school...
 Yea, Southern schools take more chane's on kids, but what is the big deal. maybe you guys need to take some chances, invest in a academic center hire some tutors to help these kids out, that is what is happening at schools like alabama and LSU and why they develop kids so well right now, they invest in tudors and top off the line academic centers.. you guys to get out of your academic Ivory tower and get into the real world...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/9/2012 2:56 AM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 


I think again you miss the point, it not just about tutoring services or not, it is about giving kids a shot at a dream... It seems you and some others are against any students that are on the edge.. It is like they have to be in this certain box and if not they should not be allowed to enter a big time school, I think that is the thinking that is putting the big ten in the position it is today. In all my life the best football players usually were not the smartest guys on the team, they were usually the biggest,fastest,and meanest guys on team and that is who I would recruit and I would do everything I could to get them into school, I mean damn, its not that hard. you go recruit the best players and hope most of them get into school and if they don't, well you have it your best shot...
OPace wrote: Yeah, I am sure no other college offers tutoring services rolleyes
34011 wrote:
ArmchairQuarterBuck wrote:
34011 wrote: Well, if I understand you right you want to compare a players who signed a LOI to guy who actually entered school and that is just not comparable at all..

I think it's a big part of the issue actually.  Why is a representative of the university sending a letter of intent to someone who isn't going to enroll at the school after they sign the letter of intent?  In other words, someone who has no chance to qualify?  I don't think this makes sense to anyone outside of the states of Alabama and Mississippi?
Well, that is at the heart of the matter, is it not. Why should it matter at all, if the kid has a chance or not.  Houston Nutt took alot heat because he had 37 kids sign a LOI, but it hurt nobody, if anything it helped those kids on the edge trying to get their grades in oreder, that hey Ole Miss is behind me if I fail or succeed.. I fail to see why offering a kid a LOI is a big deal, it is just one step in a process... The fact you really don't know who has a chance to get into school are not..... LaRon McClain a fullback for bama everybody was like he will not get into school, no way no how.. Well, guess what McClain got into school no problem... Zo Washington a recruit from Ga., was a sure lock to enter school, guess what he blew his last semester in high school and had to go to prep school...
   Plenty of schools sign kids to LOI's that don't enter school not just bama and ole miss. FSU,texas,a/m,lsu,uf,tOSU,USCe,USCw,UNC,nctate,cle mson,uga,tenn,baylor,arizona,wsu,ksu,KU, and just about every program in major coallege football, so you cannot be serious when you say only bama and ole miss are the only schools offering LOI to kids who cannot enter school...
 Yea, Southern schools take more chane's on kids, but what is the big deal. maybe you guys need to take some chances, invest in a academic center hire some tutors to help these kids out, that is what is happening at schools like alabama and LSU and why they develop kids so well right now, they invest in tudors and top off the line academic centers.. you guys to get out of your academic Ivory tower and get into the real world...
Reply | Quote
  • rbltc27
  • Freshman
  • 395 posts this site

Posted: 12/9/2012 3:03 AM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 


Always wondered why Florida's classes, when they and SC battled it for the top class a few years back, had 30 someting to SC's 22 or so.  SC had a way higher star average, yet Florida's classes were ranked higher.

Urban became embarrassed of the SEC culture.  It's not him, thus, he got the heck out
Reply | Quote
  • OPace
  • Junior
  • 1623 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/9/2012 3:13 AM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 


If you can't handle the rigors of college, you shouldn't be in college.
34011 wrote: I think again you miss the point, it not just about tutoring services or not, it is about giving kids a shot at a dream... It seems you and some others are against any students that are on the edge.. It is like they have to be in this certain box and if not they should not be allowed to enter a big time school, I think that is the thinking that is putting the big ten in the position it is today. In all my life the best football players usually were not the smartest guys on the team, they were usually the biggest,fastest,and meanest guys on team and that is who I would recruit and I would do everything I could to get them into school, I mean damn, its not that hard. you go recruit the best players and hope most of them get into school and if they don't, well you have it your best shot...
OPace wrote: Yeah, I am sure no other college offers tutoring services rolleyes
34011 wrote:
ArmchairQuarterBuck wrote:
34011 wrote: Well, if I understand you right you want to compare a players who signed a LOI to guy who actually entered school and that is just not comparable at all..

I think it's a big part of the issue actually.  Why is a representative of the university sending a letter of intent to someone who isn't going to enroll at the school after they sign the letter of intent?  In other words, someone who has no chance to qualify?  I don't think this makes sense to anyone outside of the states of Alabama and Mississippi?
Well, that is at the heart of the matter, is it not. Why should it matter at all, if the kid has a chance or not.  Houston Nutt took alot heat because he had 37 kids sign a LOI, but it hurt nobody, if anything it helped those kids on the edge trying to get their grades in oreder, that hey Ole Miss is behind me if I fail or succeed.. I fail to see why offering a kid a LOI is a big deal, it is just one step in a process... The fact you really don't know who has a chance to get into school are not..... LaRon McClain a fullback for bama everybody was like he will not get into school, no way no how.. Well, guess what McClain got into school no problem... Zo Washington a recruit from Ga., was a sure lock to enter school, guess what he blew his last semester in high school and had to go to prep school...
   Plenty of schools sign kids to LOI's that don't enter school not just bama and ole miss. FSU,texas,a/m,lsu,uf,tOSU,USCe,USCw,UNC,nctate,cle mson,uga,tenn,baylor,arizona,wsu,ksu,KU, and just about every program in major coallege football, so you cannot be serious when you say only bama and ole miss are the only schools offering LOI to kids who cannot enter school...
 Yea, Southern schools take more chane's on kids, but what is the big deal. maybe you guys need to take some chances, invest in a academic center hire some tutors to help these kids out, that is what is happening at schools like alabama and LSU and why they develop kids so well right now, they invest in tudors and top off the line academic centers.. you guys to get out of your academic Ivory tower and get into the real world...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/9/2012 3:38 AM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 


25 + 3 early enrollees that count back to the previous year.  I wonder sometime if Sumlin knows the conference rule on this.  Perhaps there are some recruits unlikely to qualify?
RoseBowlBucks wrote: And it has to do with your favorite topic... oversigning.

As I look at the Scout recruiting rankings I see both A&M and Georgia have 30+ verbals.  I know they are just verbals but how many will they actually be able to sign?  Not sure when the SEC oversigning rules go into effect and what loopholes are available.

BTW, I didn't start this thread to get into an oversigning debate (because we will never agree), I am just trying to get an answer to my specific question.

Thanks.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/9/2012 3:39 AM

RE: Question for SEC fans... 


No, UGA can sign 28 as long as 3 are early enrollees that count back to last year's class.
RoseBowlBucks wrote:
SuwaneeDawg20 wrote: Georgia doesn't over sign. Only 69 scholarships at SEC championship. Depth largely responsible for Bama running over us in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

I believe a few will be early enrollees and not count towards this years number.
So unless they non-commit Georgia will be able to keep all 30?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/9/2012 3:41 AM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 


Sorry but apparently you are unaware of the SEC rules on oversigning that went into effect a while ago.  Sban and Miles brought his on.  Georgia and Florida have to live with a smaller roster until they can replenish in accordance ith the rules.
lowiq wrote: rose right now uga has 69 scholarshiped players on the roster.redface

between a few players getting into trouble and getting the boot, a few having to take medical redshirts and a couple just quitting we are in worse shape than if we had been put on probation from a numbers standpoint.

last year we had 7 players at signing day that we were waiting on that ended up signing with other schools--including 4 that had told our staff they were signing with us.

long story short we will be able to sign between 32-36 JUST to get to 85.

between being 16 short right now, add the seniors and then a possible 3 juniors that may leave early.

we can take 11 early enrollees and then sign our 25 for this season.

i would have to look at the roster for individual info but we wont go over the 85.

have no clue on a&ms roster status.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/9/2012 3:43 AM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 


Oh Waah!  When will you stop crying and learn to be competitive?
OPace wrote: So the same entity prospering from oversigning is the one who is to guard against oversigning. Not exactly "checks and balances".
TideFaninFl wrote:
scooniebuck wrote:

I think one of the issues with Bama is that there have been reports that medical leaves weren't just for students with drug/alchohol issues, but were also used to keep underperforming athletes from counting against the scholarship totals.  I don't know if those  reports are true or not, but I think that's part of the reason some people might question Bama's scholarship numbers.
All of those medical leaves have to be approved by the SEC office.


cool
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 10  Next >