Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 10  Next >

Re: Question for SEC fans...

  • OPace
  • Junior
  • 1624 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2012 6:34 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 


In related news, Barry Bonds never took steriods and OJ didn't kill his wife.
TideFaninFl wrote: Alabama does not oversign. 
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2012 6:35 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 



scooniebuck wrote:

I think one of the issues with Bama is that there have been reports that medical leaves weren't just for students with drug/alchohol issues, but were also used to keep underperforming athletes from counting against the scholarship totals.  I don't know if those  reports are true or not, but I think that's part of the reason some people might question Bama's scholarship numbers.
All of those medical leaves have to be approved by the SEC office.


cool


Reply | Quote
  • OPace
  • Junior
  • 1624 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2012 7:06 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 


So the same entity prospering from oversigning is the one who is to guard against oversigning. Not exactly "checks and balances".
TideFaninFl wrote:
scooniebuck wrote:

I think one of the issues with Bama is that there have been reports that medical leaves weren't just for students with drug/alchohol issues, but were also used to keep underperforming athletes from counting against the scholarship totals.  I don't know if those  reports are true or not, but I think that's part of the reason some people might question Bama's scholarship numbers.
All of those medical leaves have to be approved by the SEC office.


cool
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2012 7:24 PM

RE: Question for SEC fans... 



OPace wrote: Georgia's last 4 classes have been 19,26,19,20 (according to this site). Thats 84 signees over a 4 year period. Given natural attrition, being 5-10 guys under seems about right.

Since they had 19 last year, they can backlog at least 6 commits this year. Unless they go up to 35+ before NLOID, I don't see this as an issue.

Ths is why Georgia doesn't oversign

It has almost nothing to do with how many ships they actually have available

Although  I have a problem with backfilling more than 1 year


FIGHT ON!!!

(How DO you get a picture in the sig line anyway?)
Reply | Quote
  • OPace
  • Junior
  • 1624 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2012 7:39 PM

RE: Question for SEC fans... 


Georgia doesn't oversign because Georgia doesn't oversign.

Signing 30+ in a year because of low signees in previous years is not oversigning. Oversigning is signing 100+ every 4 years.
TroyKidd wrote:
OPace wrote: Georgia's last 4 classes have been 19,26,19,20 (according to this site). Thats 84 signees over a 4 year period. Given natural attrition, being 5-10 guys under seems about right.

Since they had 19 last year, they can backlog at least 6 commits this year. Unless they go up to 35+ before NLOID, I don't see this as an issue.

Ths is why Georgia doesn't oversign

It has almost nothing to do with how many ships they actually have available

Although  I have a problem with backfilling more than 1 year
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2012 7:44 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 



lowiq wrote: rose right now uga has 69 scholarshiped players on the roster.redface

between a few players getting into trouble and getting the boot, a few having to take medical redshirts and a couple just quitting we are in worse shape than if we had been put on probation from a numbers standpoint.

last year we had 7 players at signing day that we were waiting on that ended up signing with other schools--including 4 that had told our staff they were signing with us.

long story short we will be able to sign between 32-36 JUST to get to 85.

between being 16 short right now, add the seniors and then a possible 3 juniors that may leave early.

we can take 11 early enrollees and then sign our 25 for this season.

i would have to look at the roster for individual info but we wont go over the 85.

have no clue on a&ms roster status.

Everything Low said is correct, UGA does not oversign, they undersign and that is the reason they are at such a low schollie number and I don't see anything good about that at all... If anything to be where UGA is at on their schollie numbers should have their coach in alot of hot water, if you ask me... A/M, Sumlin took a chance and undersigned last year because he believed he could get better this year as EE's and he turned out right... I hear A/M have three or Four grade problems that will not make it so they more than likely will not sign a LOI at all... A/M is thought it will bring in 32 to 34 new recruits.. I'm a bama fan and we oversign at bama and I am proud we do, dumb not to oversign by five players every year...
  Now how UGA and A/M will do this is by backcounting Schollies to last year that did not use on EE's who will count toward the 2012 class, this is a common practice all schools in every conf. nothing shady about it... I am sure UGA and A/M might have a couple of guys who will greyshirt at the end of the day, which is a good thing for the school and player, if any sane person would  agree if they looked at it from a player development POV, which will not because of plain envy....I don't know A/M's schollie numbers and I don't really care, if Sumlin is screwing over players they will not play for him the same with any coach. Sumlin makes 3 mil a year, I figure he can manage his own roster....
   Oversigning.com is a complete and udder joke and everybody knows it, run by a heart broken buckeye fan....
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2012 7:49 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 



34011 wrote:
lowiq wrote: rose right now uga has 69 scholarshiped players on the roster.redface

between a few players getting into trouble and getting the boot, a few having to take medical redshirts and a couple just quitting we are in worse shape than if we had been put on probation from a numbers standpoint.

last year we had 7 players at signing day that we were waiting on that ended up signing with other schools--including 4 that had told our staff they were signing with us.

long story short we will be able to sign between 32-36 JUST to get to 85.

between being 16 short right now, add the seniors and then a possible 3 juniors that may leave early.

we can take 11 early enrollees and then sign our 25 for this season.

i would have to look at the roster for individual info but we wont go over the 85.

have no clue on a&ms roster status.

Everything Low said is correct, UGA does not oversign, they undersign and that is the reason they are at such a low schollie number and I don't see anything good about that at all... If anything to be where UGA is at on their schollie numbers should have their coach in alot of hot water, if you ask me... A/M, Sumlin took a chance and undersigned last year because he believed he could get better this year as EE's and he turned out right... I hear A/M have three or Four grade problems that will not make it so they more than likely will not sign a LOI at all... A/M is thought it will bring in 32 to 34 new recruits.. I'm a bama fan and we oversign at bama and I am proud we do, dumb not to oversign by five players every year...
  Now how UGA and A/M will do this is by backcounting Schollies to last year that did not use on EE's who will count toward the 2012 class, this is a common practice all schools in every conf. nothing shady about it... I am sure UGA and A/M might have a couple of guys who will greyshirt at the end of the day, which is a good thing for the school and player, if any sane person would  agree if they looked at it from a player development POV, which will not because of plain envy....I don't know A/M's schollie numbers and I don't really care, if Sumlin is screwing over players they will not play for him the same with any coach. Sumlin makes 3 mil a year, I figure he can manage his own roster....
   Oversigning.com is a complete and udder joke and everybody knows it, run by a heart broken buckeye fan....
udder like cows?  what do dairy cattle have to do with anything.  must be a southern thing
Reply | Quote
  • OPace
  • Junior
  • 1624 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2012 7:58 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 


Alabama never oversigns because, of course, Roll Tide..
dirtysouthbucks wrote:
34011 wrote:
lowiq wrote: rose right now uga has 69 scholarshiped players on the roster.redface

between a few players getting into trouble and getting the boot, a few having to take medical redshirts and a couple just quitting we are in worse shape than if we had been put on probation from a numbers standpoint.

last year we had 7 players at signing day that we were waiting on that ended up signing with other schools--including 4 that had told our staff they were signing with us.

long story short we will be able to sign between 32-36 JUST to get to 85.

between being 16 short right now, add the seniors and then a possible 3 juniors that may leave early.

we can take 11 early enrollees and then sign our 25 for this season.

i would have to look at the roster for individual info but we wont go over the 85.

have no clue on a&ms roster status.

Everything Low said is correct, UGA does not oversign, they undersign and that is the reason they are at such a low schollie number and I don't see anything good about that at all... If anything to be where UGA is at on their schollie numbers should have their coach in alot of hot water, if you ask me... A/M, Sumlin took a chance and undersigned last year because he believed he could get better this year as EE's and he turned out right... I hear A/M have three or Four grade problems that will not make it so they more than likely will not sign a LOI at all... A/M is thought it will bring in 32 to 34 new recruits.. I'm a bama fan and we oversign at bama and I am proud we do, dumb not to oversign by five players every year...
  Now how UGA and A/M will do this is by backcounting Schollies to last year that did not use on EE's who will count toward the 2012 class, this is a common practice all schools in every conf. nothing shady about it... I am sure UGA and A/M might have a couple of guys who will greyshirt at the end of the day, which is a good thing for the school and player, if any sane person would  agree if they looked at it from a player development POV, which will not because of plain envy....I don't know A/M's schollie numbers and I don't really care, if Sumlin is screwing over players they will not play for him the same with any coach. Sumlin makes 3 mil a year, I figure he can manage his own roster....
   Oversigning.com is a complete and udder joke and everybody knows it, run by a heart broken buckeye fan....
udder like cows?  what do dairy cattle have to do with anything.  must be a southern thing
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2012 8:00 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 



OPace wrote: Alabama never oversigns because, of course, Roll Tide..
dirtysouthbucks wrote:
34011 wrote:
lowiq wrote: rose right now uga has 69 scholarshiped players on the roster.redface

between a few players getting into trouble and getting the boot, a few having to take medical redshirts and a couple just quitting we are in worse shape than if we had been put on probation from a numbers standpoint.

last year we had 7 players at signing day that we were waiting on that ended up signing with other schools--including 4 that had told our staff they were signing with us.

long story short we will be able to sign between 32-36 JUST to get to 85.

between being 16 short right now, add the seniors and then a possible 3 juniors that may leave early.

we can take 11 early enrollees and then sign our 25 for this season.

i would have to look at the roster for individual info but we wont go over the 85.

have no clue on a&ms roster status.

Everything Low said is correct, UGA does not oversign, they undersign and that is the reason they are at such a low schollie number and I don't see anything good about that at all... If anything to be where UGA is at on their schollie numbers should have their coach in alot of hot water, if you ask me... A/M, Sumlin took a chance and undersigned last year because he believed he could get better this year as EE's and he turned out right... I hear A/M have three or Four grade problems that will not make it so they more than likely will not sign a LOI at all... A/M is thought it will bring in 32 to 34 new recruits.. I'm a bama fan and we oversign at bama and I am proud we do, dumb not to oversign by five players every year...
  Now how UGA and A/M will do this is by backcounting Schollies to last year that did not use on EE's who will count toward the 2012 class, this is a common practice all schools in every conf. nothing shady about it... I am sure UGA and A/M might have a couple of guys who will greyshirt at the end of the day, which is a good thing for the school and player, if any sane person would  agree if they looked at it from a player development POV, which will not because of plain envy....I don't know A/M's schollie numbers and I don't really care, if Sumlin is screwing over players they will not play for him the same with any coach. Sumlin makes 3 mil a year, I figure he can manage his own roster....
   Oversigning.com is a complete and udder joke and everybody knows it, run by a heart broken buckeye fan....
udder like cows?  what do dairy cattle have to do with anything.  must be a southern thing
so do elephants have udders?  is that the connection here?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2012 8:00 PM

RE: Question for SEC fans... 



OPace wrote: Georgia doesn't oversign because Georgia doesn't oversign.

Signing 30+ in a year because of low signees in previous years is not oversigning. Oversigning is signing 100+ every 4 years.
TroyKidd wrote:
OPace wrote: Georgia's last 4 classes have been 19,26,19,20 (according to this site). Thats 84 signees over a 4 year period. Given natural attrition, being 5-10 guys under seems about right.

Since they had 19 last year, they can backlog at least 6 commits this year. Unless they go up to 35+ before NLOID, I don't see this as an issue.

Ths is why Georgia doesn't oversign

It has almost nothing to do with how many ships they actually have available

Although  I have a problem with backfilling more than 1 year
Look, alabama has brought in 98 new players in the last four years and tOSU has brought in 92 players in the last four years.. That is actual players that entered school, not how many signed LOI's, many here believe if you commit or sign a LOI the kid gets into school which is false, Commiting to a school and signing a LOI is just one step in a process to enter school, one day you will figure it out... So, under your oversigning number bama has not oversigned in the last four years, I think we oversign every year and would be dissapointed if we did not, by at least five players....
Reply | Quote
  • OPace
  • Junior
  • 1624 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2012 8:06 PM

RE: Question for SEC fans... 


According to this site, Bama has signed 104 over the past 4 years, plus 32 the year before that.

104 + 32 = ROLL TIDE
34011 wrote:
OPace wrote: Georgia doesn't oversign because Georgia doesn't oversign.

Signing 30+ in a year because of low signees in previous years is not oversigning. Oversigning is signing 100+ every 4 years.
TroyKidd wrote:
OPace wrote: Georgia's last 4 classes have been 19,26,19,20 (according to this site). Thats 84 signees over a 4 year period. Given natural attrition, being 5-10 guys under seems about right.

Since they had 19 last year, they can backlog at least 6 commits this year. Unless they go up to 35+ before NLOID, I don't see this as an issue.

Ths is why Georgia doesn't oversign

It has almost nothing to do with how many ships they actually have available

Although  I have a problem with backfilling more than 1 year
Look, alabama has brought in 98 new players in the last four years and tOSU has brought in 92 players in the last four years.. That is actual players that entered school, not how many signed LOI's, many here believe if you commit or sign a LOI the kid gets into school which is false, Commiting to a school and signing a LOI is just one step in a process to enter school, one day you will figure it out... So, under your oversigning number bama has not oversigned in the last four years, I think we oversign every year and would be dissapointed if we did not, by at least five players....
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2012 8:12 PM

RE: Question for SEC fans... 



TroyKidd wrote:
OPace wrote: Georgia's last 4 classes have been 19,26,19,20 (according to this site). Thats 84 signees over a 4 year period. Given natural attrition, being 5-10 guys under seems about right.

Since they had 19 last year, they can backlog at least 6 commits this year. Unless they go up to 35+ before NLOID, I don't see this as an issue.

Ths is why Georgia doesn't oversign

It has almost nothing to do with how many ships they actually have available

Although  I have a problem with backfilling more than 1 year
UGA had a total of 69 schollie players on their roster this year, that is 16 below the limt. That is insane and stupid and dumb roster oversight.. UGA has kids begging for offer and they undersigned to the point that it put them at a disavantage against teams who actually have a full team full of actual schollie players and not walk ons.. I am a bama, if our coach had us 16 schollie short he should be fired. He puts all his starters at risk because you cannot build depth and because of that you have to leave starters in the game when they are dead beat.. See uga just did not come up 16 players short over this year they have been short for a very long time, ever since this condeming of OSing came about.. Richt wanted to be the good guy so he undersigned, to the downfall of his own team... Think about it why should UGA be 16 schollies below the max limit, the simple answer is it should not be, no school in a BCS conf. should be unless the NCAA forced it... I'm a bama and if you are not OSing players to some extent your team should lose. If you want a team full of walkon's join the damn Ivy League...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2012 8:17 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 



OPace wrote: Alabama never oversigns because, of course, Roll Tide..
dirtysouthbucks wrote:
34011 wrote:
lowiq wrote: rose right now uga has 69 scholarshiped players on the roster.redface

between a few players getting into trouble and getting the boot, a few having to take medical redshirts and a couple just quitting we are in worse shape than if we had been put on probation from a numbers standpoint.

last year we had 7 players at signing day that we were waiting on that ended up signing with other schools--including 4 that had told our staff they were signing with us.

long story short we will be able to sign between 32-36 JUST to get to 85.

between being 16 short right now, add the seniors and then a possible 3 juniors that may leave early.

we can take 11 early enrollees and then sign our 25 for this season.

i would have to look at the roster for individual info but we wont go over the 85.

have no clue on a&ms roster status.

Everything Low said is correct, UGA does not oversign, they undersign and that is the reason they are at such a low schollie number and I don't see anything good about that at all... If anything to be where UGA is at on their schollie numbers should have their coach in alot of hot water, if you ask me... A/M, Sumlin took a chance and undersigned last year because he believed he could get better this year as EE's and he turned out right... I hear A/M have three or Four grade problems that will not make it so they more than likely will not sign a LOI at all... A/M is thought it will bring in 32 to 34 new recruits.. I'm a bama fan and we oversign at bama and I am proud we do, dumb not to oversign by five players every year...
  Now how UGA and A/M will do this is by backcounting Schollies to last year that did not use on EE's who will count toward the 2012 class, this is a common practice all schools in every conf. nothing shady about it... I am sure UGA and A/M might have a couple of guys who will greyshirt at the end of the day, which is a good thing for the school and player, if any sane person would  agree if they looked at it from a player development POV, which will not because of plain envy....I don't know A/M's schollie numbers and I don't really care, if Sumlin is screwing over players they will not play for him the same with any coach. Sumlin makes 3 mil a year, I figure he can manage his own roster....
   Oversigning.com is a complete and udder joke and everybody knows it, run by a heart broken buckeye fan....
udder like cows?  what do dairy cattle have to do with anything.  must be a southern thing
Well coach saban believes alabama oversigns and I believe alabama oversigns and I don't see anything wrong with it. I think it is dumb not to oversign, like coach saban. Saban knows to keep depth you have to have a full roster of players, of schollie players not walk ons...
Reply | Quote
  • OPace
  • Junior
  • 1624 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2012 8:20 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 


Because this is the pros and the players are just cattle for the head coach to dispose off when he's done with them.
34011 wrote:
OPace wrote: Alabama never oversigns because, of course, Roll Tide..
dirtysouthbucks wrote:
34011 wrote:
lowiq wrote: rose right now uga has 69 scholarshiped players on the roster.redface

between a few players getting into trouble and getting the boot, a few having to take medical redshirts and a couple just quitting we are in worse shape than if we had been put on probation from a numbers standpoint.

last year we had 7 players at signing day that we were waiting on that ended up signing with other schools--including 4 that had told our staff they were signing with us.

long story short we will be able to sign between 32-36 JUST to get to 85.

between being 16 short right now, add the seniors and then a possible 3 juniors that may leave early.

we can take 11 early enrollees and then sign our 25 for this season.

i would have to look at the roster for individual info but we wont go over the 85.

have no clue on a&ms roster status.

Everything Low said is correct, UGA does not oversign, they undersign and that is the reason they are at such a low schollie number and I don't see anything good about that at all... If anything to be where UGA is at on their schollie numbers should have their coach in alot of hot water, if you ask me... A/M, Sumlin took a chance and undersigned last year because he believed he could get better this year as EE's and he turned out right... I hear A/M have three or Four grade problems that will not make it so they more than likely will not sign a LOI at all... A/M is thought it will bring in 32 to 34 new recruits.. I'm a bama fan and we oversign at bama and I am proud we do, dumb not to oversign by five players every year...
  Now how UGA and A/M will do this is by backcounting Schollies to last year that did not use on EE's who will count toward the 2012 class, this is a common practice all schools in every conf. nothing shady about it... I am sure UGA and A/M might have a couple of guys who will greyshirt at the end of the day, which is a good thing for the school and player, if any sane person would  agree if they looked at it from a player development POV, which will not because of plain envy....I don't know A/M's schollie numbers and I don't really care, if Sumlin is screwing over players they will not play for him the same with any coach. Sumlin makes 3 mil a year, I figure he can manage his own roster....
   Oversigning.com is a complete and udder joke and everybody knows it, run by a heart broken buckeye fan....
udder like cows?  what do dairy cattle have to do with anything.  must be a southern thing
Well coach saban believes alabama oversigns and I believe alabama oversigns and I don't see anything wrong with it. I think it is dumb not to oversign, like coach saban. Saban knows to keep depth you have to have a full roster of players, of schollie players not walk ons...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2012 8:25 PM

RE: Question for SEC fans... 


Well go check names brother, see how many were juco resigns and how many were greyshirts who counted in two classes and how many never got into school. THose are LOI numbers brother, not who got into school. One guy arron Douglas is on that list and he passed away but you are counting him to... See you guys just count numbers and not the names and who got in school. 98 new recruits in the last four years from 09 to 12. I have this debate on here for years and I will win, because it is dumb not to oversign by five players every year.
OPace wrote: According to this site, Bama has signed 104 over the past 4 years, plus 32 the year before that.

104 + 32 = ROLL TIDE
34011 wrote:
OPace wrote: Georgia doesn't oversign because Georgia doesn't oversign.

Signing 30+ in a year because of low signees in previous years is not oversigning. Oversigning is signing 100+ every 4 years.
TroyKidd wrote:
OPace wrote: Georgia's last 4 classes have been 19,26,19,20 (according to this site). Thats 84 signees over a 4 year period. Given natural attrition, being 5-10 guys under seems about right.

Since they had 19 last year, they can backlog at least 6 commits this year. Unless they go up to 35+ before NLOID, I don't see this as an issue.

Ths is why Georgia doesn't oversign

It has almost nothing to do with how many ships they actually have available

Although  I have a problem with backfilling more than 1 year
Look, alabama has brought in 98 new players in the last four years and tOSU has brought in 92 players in the last four years.. That is actual players that entered school, not how many signed LOI's, many here believe if you commit or sign a LOI the kid gets into school which is false, Commiting to a school and signing a LOI is just one step in a process to enter school, one day you will figure it out... So, under your oversigning number bama has not oversigned in the last four years, I think we oversign every year and would be dissapointed if we did not, by at least five players....
Reply | Quote
  • OPace
  • Junior
  • 1624 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2012 8:33 PM

RE: Question for SEC fans... 


Also unethical and against the spirit of amateur athletics.

Even if that is 98, thats coming off a class of 32. Schollies should've been limited. But they aren't because ROLL TIDE!
34011 wrote: Well go check names brother, see how many were juco resigns and how many were greyshirts who counted in two classes and how many never got into school. THose are LOI numbers brother, not who got into school. One guy arron Douglas is on that list and he passed away but you are counting him to... See you guys just count numbers and not the names and who got in school. 98 new recruits in the last four years from 09 to 12. I have this debate on here for years and I will win, because it is dumb not to oversign by five players every year.
OPace wrote: According to this site, Bama has signed 104 over the past 4 years, plus 32 the year before that.

104 + 32 = ROLL TIDE
34011 wrote:
OPace wrote: Georgia doesn't oversign because Georgia doesn't oversign.

Signing 30+ in a year because of low signees in previous years is not oversigning. Oversigning is signing 100+ every 4 years.
TroyKidd wrote:
OPace wrote: Georgia's last 4 classes have been 19,26,19,20 (according to this site). Thats 84 signees over a 4 year period. Given natural attrition, being 5-10 guys under seems about right.

Since they had 19 last year, they can backlog at least 6 commits this year. Unless they go up to 35+ before NLOID, I don't see this as an issue.

Ths is why Georgia doesn't oversign

It has almost nothing to do with how many ships they actually have available

Although  I have a problem with backfilling more than 1 year
Look, alabama has brought in 98 new players in the last four years and tOSU has brought in 92 players in the last four years.. That is actual players that entered school, not how many signed LOI's, many here believe if you commit or sign a LOI the kid gets into school which is false, Commiting to a school and signing a LOI is just one step in a process to enter school, one day you will figure it out... So, under your oversigning number bama has not oversigned in the last four years, I think we oversign every year and would be dissapointed if we did not, by at least five players....
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2012 8:34 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 


Just another dumb statement, Bama is soon to play for it's third title in four years and you believe the coach treats them like livestock and they play for him in this day and age.. You must be full of hate and envy... Saban is straight up with his players let's them know where they stand. Yea, saban kicks player's off his team and who doesn't... With Saban you go to class, you make your grades, you go to team functions and you go workout and you will do just fine... Also, don't let fireworks off in dorms, or sell drugs on campus or fake rob somebody with a pellet gun more than likely you will get kicked off the team...
OPace wrote: Because this is the pros and the players are just cattle for the head coach to dispose off when he's done with them.
34011 wrote:
OPace wrote: Alabama never oversigns because, of course, Roll Tide..
dirtysouthbucks wrote:
34011 wrote:
lowiq wrote: rose right now uga has 69 scholarshiped players on the roster.redface

between a few players getting into trouble and getting the boot, a few having to take medical redshirts and a couple just quitting we are in worse shape than if we had been put on probation from a numbers standpoint.

last year we had 7 players at signing day that we were waiting on that ended up signing with other schools--including 4 that had told our staff they were signing with us.

long story short we will be able to sign between 32-36 JUST to get to 85.

between being 16 short right now, add the seniors and then a possible 3 juniors that may leave early.

we can take 11 early enrollees and then sign our 25 for this season.

i would have to look at the roster for individual info but we wont go over the 85.

have no clue on a&ms roster status.

Everything Low said is correct, UGA does not oversign, they undersign and that is the reason they are at such a low schollie number and I don't see anything good about that at all... If anything to be where UGA is at on their schollie numbers should have their coach in alot of hot water, if you ask me... A/M, Sumlin took a chance and undersigned last year because he believed he could get better this year as EE's and he turned out right... I hear A/M have three or Four grade problems that will not make it so they more than likely will not sign a LOI at all... A/M is thought it will bring in 32 to 34 new recruits.. I'm a bama fan and we oversign at bama and I am proud we do, dumb not to oversign by five players every year...
  Now how UGA and A/M will do this is by backcounting Schollies to last year that did not use on EE's who will count toward the 2012 class, this is a common practice all schools in every conf. nothing shady about it... I am sure UGA and A/M might have a couple of guys who will greyshirt at the end of the day, which is a good thing for the school and player, if any sane person would  agree if they looked at it from a player development POV, which will not because of plain envy....I don't know A/M's schollie numbers and I don't really care, if Sumlin is screwing over players they will not play for him the same with any coach. Sumlin makes 3 mil a year, I figure he can manage his own roster....
   Oversigning.com is a complete and udder joke and everybody knows it, run by a heart broken buckeye fan....
udder like cows?  what do dairy cattle have to do with anything.  must be a southern thing
Well coach saban believes alabama oversigns and I believe alabama oversigns and I don't see anything wrong with it. I think it is dumb not to oversign, like coach saban. Saban knows to keep depth you have to have a full roster of players, of schollie players not walk ons...
Reply | Quote
  • OPace
  • Junior
  • 1624 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/8/2012 8:39 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 


Or convulse in the locker room. That's a no-no.


34011 wrote: Just another dumb statement, Bama is soon to play for it's third title in four years and you believe the coach treats them like livestock and they play for him in this day and age.. You must be full of hate and envy... Saban is straight up with his players let's them know where they stand. Yea, saban kicks player's off his team and who doesn't... With Saban you go to class, you make your grades, you go to team functions and you go workout and you will do just fine... Also, don't let fireworks off in dorms, or sell drugs on campus or fake rob somebody with a pellet gun more than likely you will get kicked off the team...
OPace wrote: Because this is the pros and the players are just cattle for the head coach to dispose off when he's done with them.
34011 wrote:
OPace wrote: Alabama never oversigns because, of course, Roll Tide..
dirtysouthbucks wrote:
34011 wrote:
lowiq wrote: rose right now uga has 69 scholarshiped players on the roster.redface

between a few players getting into trouble and getting the boot, a few having to take medical redshirts and a couple just quitting we are in worse shape than if we had been put on probation from a numbers standpoint.

last year we had 7 players at signing day that we were waiting on that ended up signing with other schools--including 4 that had told our staff they were signing with us.

long story short we will be able to sign between 32-36 JUST to get to 85.

between being 16 short right now, add the seniors and then a possible 3 juniors that may leave early.

we can take 11 early enrollees and then sign our 25 for this season.

i would have to look at the roster for individual info but we wont go over the 85.

have no clue on a&ms roster status.

Everything Low said is correct, UGA does not oversign, they undersign and that is the reason they are at such a low schollie number and I don't see anything good about that at all... If anything to be where UGA is at on their schollie numbers should have their coach in alot of hot water, if you ask me... A/M, Sumlin took a chance and undersigned last year because he believed he could get better this year as EE's and he turned out right... I hear A/M have three or Four grade problems that will not make it so they more than likely will not sign a LOI at all... A/M is thought it will bring in 32 to 34 new recruits.. I'm a bama fan and we oversign at bama and I am proud we do, dumb not to oversign by five players every year...
  Now how UGA and A/M will do this is by backcounting Schollies to last year that did not use on EE's who will count toward the 2012 class, this is a common practice all schools in every conf. nothing shady about it... I am sure UGA and A/M might have a couple of guys who will greyshirt at the end of the day, which is a good thing for the school and player, if any sane person would  agree if they looked at it from a player development POV, which will not because of plain envy....I don't know A/M's schollie numbers and I don't really care, if Sumlin is screwing over players they will not play for him the same with any coach. Sumlin makes 3 mil a year, I figure he can manage his own roster....
   Oversigning.com is a complete and udder joke and everybody knows it, run by a heart broken buckeye fan....
udder like cows?  what do dairy cattle have to do with anything.  must be a southern thing
Well coach saban believes alabama oversigns and I believe alabama oversigns and I don't see anything wrong with it. I think it is dumb not to oversign, like coach saban. Saban knows to keep depth you have to have a full roster of players, of schollie players not walk ons...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2012 8:43 PM

Re: Question for SEC fans... 



TideFaninFl wrote:
SurfOhio wrote:
TideFaninFl wrote: Alabama does not oversign.  The reason why it looks that way is Bama has players who signed in previous years, included in the list.  Alabama also gives athletes medical leaves if they are caught with drugs or other items.  This prevents the student from getting a bad reputation while trying to fix his or her problem.  Othe schools do it more in the open, but they are trying to help the student as well.  If the student can not fix it, then they are gone.  Several Alabama players have had this happen, and transferred to other lesser schools (FCS, JC, etc.)


  Alabama has as many scholarship players on their roster as any other college team.  Everything else that you say is an excuse for losing to Alabama and the SEC.


cool
Is it a university's job to be a rehab clinic? what kind of STUDENT-athletes do they have at Bama? they should change their shirts from Crimson to Gray cool

http://oversigning.com/testing...hp/tag/alabama/

It is the universities job to protect their students...... or doesn't OSU have a
health clinic/ hospital on campus?

cool
What you're basically saying is that student-athletes at Alabama have much, much higher rates of drug abuse.  So bad, in fact, that it causes Alabama to sign 40 more players than average for a typical BCS team.  Wow....the lengths you folks will go to in order to protect a despicable practice that yields an unfair advantage is laughable.

Last edited 12/8/2012 8:46 PM by rayb678

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2012 8:45 PM

RE: Question for SEC fans... 


Again 32 players signed LOI's they did not enter school.. Matter of fact that 08 class was unreal, greatest class to ever come thru bama, but we had two players go play baseball out that class, one greyshirt which counted to the 09 class and three who went juco.. so we brought in 25 new recruits in that class..  See when start counting numbers, you also have to count juco different becasue they are only there for two years not four so naturally you get to sign more players over time, then if you have players leave early then you sign more players, if you have players that are headed for juco you will sign more players over time... You guys are wanting to count LOI's as players actually getting into to school, not very smart at all...
OPace wrote: Also unethical and against the spirit of amateur athletics.

Even if that is 98, thats coming off a class of 32. Schollies should've been limited. But they aren't because ROLL TIDE!
34011 wrote: Well go check names brother, see how many were juco resigns and how many were greyshirts who counted in two classes and how many never got into school. THose are LOI numbers brother, not who got into school. One guy arron Douglas is on that list and he passed away but you are counting him to... See you guys just count numbers and not the names and who got in school. 98 new recruits in the last four years from 09 to 12. I have this debate on here for years and I will win, because it is dumb not to oversign by five players every year.
OPace wrote: According to this site, Bama has signed 104 over the past 4 years, plus 32 the year before that.

104 + 32 = ROLL TIDE
34011 wrote:
OPace wrote: Georgia doesn't oversign because Georgia doesn't oversign.

Signing 30+ in a year because of low signees in previous years is not oversigning. Oversigning is signing 100+ every 4 years.
TroyKidd wrote:
OPace wrote: Georgia's last 4 classes have been 19,26,19,20 (according to this site). Thats 84 signees over a 4 year period. Given natural attrition, being 5-10 guys under seems about right.

Since they had 19 last year, they can backlog at least 6 commits this year. Unless they go up to 35+ before NLOID, I don't see this as an issue.

Ths is why Georgia doesn't oversign

It has almost nothing to do with how many ships they actually have available

Although  I have a problem with backfilling more than 1 year
Look, alabama has brought in 98 new players in the last four years and tOSU has brought in 92 players in the last four years.. That is actual players that entered school, not how many signed LOI's, many here believe if you commit or sign a LOI the kid gets into school which is false, Commiting to a school and signing a LOI is just one step in a process to enter school, one day you will figure it out... So, under your oversigning number bama has not oversigned in the last four years, I think we oversign every year and would be dissapointed if we did not, by at least five players....
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 10  Next >