Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 8  Next >

Re: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls

Avatar

Posted: 12/5/2012 11:21 AM

Re: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls 



DeepSthBoy wrote:
MissStateBuckeye wrote:
DeepSthBoy wrote:
ssbucks wrote: Where is the DeepSouth Boy??
Right here.

I can tell you that this stat is not one that is lost on any Bama fan. A better thing to use is this -- 1966/1973/1977

Maybe between now and January 7th, you guys can trot those three years out day after day.

That isn't nearly as entertaining to me, however, as it is when OSUVB and some of you guys trot out total wins or conference championships or some other such stat to establish Ohio State as an "all-timer". My son is 16 and he has seen as many national championships from Bama as any Ohio State fan that is 50 has seen. Now THERE is a stat.
total wins and conf championships are earned...

MNC are voted on - Bama didn't earn a MNC last year... finishing 3rd in your conference and having a weak resume but still getting people to vote for you just shows how epically flawed the MNC really is
You make yourself look "epically" ignorant when you post this sort of butthurt stuff. There is not even any point in rehashing all the reasons that Bama played in that game. You have to be beyond moronic not to get it. Sorry if you don't like it.

I wonder -- would you accept an AP championship if it was voted to OSU right now?
So alabama earned it over okie st last year?

exactly how???

they lost on their home field... they played a much much weaker schedule... they finished 3rd in their conference when the computers ranked the big 12 as a stronger conference - yes the big 12 which okie st won...

the resume's weren't even comparable...

bama didn't earn anything last year... done the same thing this year... and for the 2nd straight year getting the benefit of the vote...

you can say I'm butthurt all you want... doesn't change the truth about how absolutely pathetic the bowl system is
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/6/2012 3:51 AM

RE: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls 



This just in: alabama has officially claimed Lance Armstrongs 7 tour de France titles.
---------------------------------------------
--- TideFaninFl wrote:


buckwild23 wrote: LMAO...Alabama is 1-5 against Notre Dame.

DEAL WITH IT!

Alabama has more national titles than Notre Dame.... and Bama will be adding one more come January....

DEAL WITH IT....... tongue



cool

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/6/2012 5:58 AM

RE: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls 


tongue
mikesul16 wrote:
This just in: alabama has officially claimed Lance Armstrongs 7 tour de France titles.
---------------------------------------------
---
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/6/2012 9:07 AM

Re: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls 



Sweatloaf wrote: earn it with a crap a sched...

Me: hey I'm faster than you. 
You: but you only ran 50 yds, I ran 100.
Me: I earned it.
Friends should not let friends post drunk.
The views expressed here, are solely my own, well, most of the time.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/6/2012 9:10 AM

RE: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls 



mikesul16 wrote:
This just in: alabama has officially claimed Lance Armstrongs 7 tour de France titles.
---------------------------------------------
--- TideFaninFl wrote:


buckwild23 wrote: LMAO...Alabama is 1-5 against Notre Dame.

DEAL WITH IT!

Alabama has more national titles than Notre Dame.... and Bama will be adding one more come January....

DEAL WITH IT....... tongue



cool

---------------------------------------------
Alabama has more titles using Bama math.   Alabama only has 9 recognized titles.  The others are bogus.
The views expressed here, are solely my own, well, most of the time.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/6/2012 9:11 AM

RE: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls 



NorfolkVaTiger wrote: tongue
mikesul16 wrote:
This just in: alabama has officially claimed Lance Armstrongs 7 tour de France titles.
---------------------------------------------
---
That is funny, I don't care who you are.
The views expressed here, are solely my own, well, most of the time.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/6/2012 7:21 PM

Re: Alabama has never beat Notre Dame in a bowl game 


Yet an OSU bowl loss in the 70s is always relevant, just ask ESPN. You Bama clowns crack me up.

---------------------------------------------
--- BigMen wrote:


djtidebuck wrote: All we heard was our record against SEC schools in bowl games before we beat Arkansas, has anyone in the media mentioned Alabama's failure against Notre Dame in bowl games?

For the record, I don't think it is at all relevant, but I didn't find our history to be relevant either.
1987/11/14  Alabama       6  -  Notre Dame   37 L 1986/10/04  Alabama      28  -  Notre Dame   10 W 1980/11/15  Alabama       0  -  Notre Dame    7 L 1976/11/13  Alabama      18  -  Notre Dame   21 L 1975/01/01  Alabama      11  -  Notre Dame   13 L    !! Orange Bowl !!1973/12/31  Alabama      23  -  Notre Dame   24 L    !! Sugar Bowl !!    
We haven't played them in a bowl game since 1974 season. Not hardly relevant.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/6/2012 7:24 PM

Re: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls 



It is a well know fact Bama claims more bullshit NC than anyone in the country. Bama claims NCs in years they didn't even win the SEC. They claim titles that were awarded 30 and 40 years after the fact. Face the facts Deepthroatboy, you suck at life.
---------------------------------------------
--- DeepSthBoy wrote:


ssbucks wrote: Where is the DeepSouth Boy??
Right here.

I can tell you that this stat is not one that is lost on any Bama fan. A better thing to use is this -- 1966/1973/1977

Maybe between now and January 7th, you guys can trot those three years out day after day.

That isn't nearly as entertaining to me, however, as it is when OSUVB and some of you guys trot out total wins or conference championships or some other such stat to establish Ohio State as an "all-timer". My son is 16 and he has seen as many national championships from Bama as any Ohio State fan that is 50 has seen. Now THERE is a stat.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/6/2012 10:33 PM

RE: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls 



djtidebuck wrote:
\Alabama has more titles using Bama math.   Alabama only has 9 recognized titles.  The others are bogus.
LOL.... well, even with 9, Bama still has the most........ tongue

__________________________________________________ ______________________


mikesul16 wrote:
This just in: alabama has officially claimed Lance Armstrongs 7 tour de France titles.

 ^^^^Yes, that is very funny..... biggrin

__________________________________________________ _________________________

Interestingly enough, have you ever seen an Alabama fan talk about the other universities' "bogus" titles?  I mean, if you go after Alabama's, you have to go after all the other schools that claim NCs like the ones Bama won....... wink 

I mean, just look at

1961,  (8-01) OSU "claims" the NC, yet  (10-0) Alabama won both the AP and UPI....... lol, care to explain....... 

1970, NU (AP) and Texas (UPI) split the title, yet  (9-1) OSU claims the title as well..

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.c...ide_5awards.pdf

just interesting facts.........



cool


Last edited 12/6/2012 11:00 PM by TideFaninFl

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/6/2012 10:59 PM

Re: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls 


I want to say something about the above post.  I usually just argue Alabama's National Titles, and leave the other colleges records alone, and I have done this for years.  That is usually what all Alabama fans do, as we are not threatened by the amount of titles or awards other schools win.  Bama's accomplishments are not tied to other colleges' accomplishments. 

Obviously, the reverse is not true, as there is a huge amount of hypocrisy that exists toward the Alabama's records.... I look them up and know what other colleges records are from their official sites.

I guess other teams' fans are not as secure in their teams' records..... 

ok, off the soap box


cool


Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/7/2012 4:47 AM

RE: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls 




---------------------------------------------
--- buckwild23 wrote:

LMAO...Alabama is 1-5 against Notre Dame.

DEAL WITH IT!

---------------------------------------------

We are the ones laughing bro. I remember hearing last year that we are the only BCS conference team that has a winning record against EVERY team that we have played at least 10 times. Yeah.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/7/2012 5:48 AM

RE: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls 



TideFaninFl wrote: Interestingly enough, have you ever seen an Alabama fan talk about the other universities' "bogus" titles?  I mean, if you go after Alabama's, you have to go after all the other schools that claim NCs like the ones Bama won....... wink 

I mean, just look at

1961,  (8-01) OSU "claims" the NC, yet  (10-0) Alabama won both the AP and UPI....... lol, care to explain....... 

1970, NU (AP) and Texas (UPI) split the title, yet  (9-1) OSU claims the title as well..

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.c...ide_5awards.pdf

just interesting facts.........


Ohio State only "claims" NCs recognized by the NCAA. The NCAA acknowledges NC by AP, UPI/coaches' poll, the Grantland Rice/Sportswriters award, & the National Football Foundation. And they were certainly acceptable back in the day.

The OSU 61 NC was given by the sportswriters. The 1970 title (before the Rose Bowl) came from the NFF.

Your argument is with the NCAA, not Ohio State.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 7:12 AM

RE: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls 



OSUVB wrote:
TideFaninFl wrote: Interestingly enough, have you ever seen an Alabama fan talk about the other universities' "bogus" titles?  I mean, if you go after Alabama's, you have to go after all the other schools that claim NCs like the ones Bama won....... wink 

I mean, just look at

1961,  (8-01) OSU "claims" the NC, yet  (10-0) Alabama won both the AP and UPI....... lol, care to explain....... 

1970, NU (AP) and Texas (UPI) split the title, yet  (9-1) OSU claims the title as well..

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.c...ide_5awards.pdf

just interesting facts.........


Ohio State only "claims" NCs recognized by the NCAA. The NCAA acknowledges NC by AP, UPI/coaches' poll, the Grantland Rice/Sportswriters award, & the National Football Foundation. And they were certainly acceptable back in the day.

The OSU 61 NC was given by the sportswriters. The 1970 title (before the Rose Bowl) came from the NFF.

Your argument is with the NCAA, not Ohio State.

LOL.. that is what I always say.....LOL

I have no argument with any school that was awarded the NC, and wants to claim it.  Many were acceptable "back in the day". 

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.co...s_selectors.php

All of Alabama's early titles were awarded after Bama played in the Rose Bowl.  Many national newspapers show this fact 







You might notice the none of these are not southern newspapers......

If you look at the ncaa website, it says Alabama has 17 NC, where Alabama only claims 14.

Alabama fans really do not care what other people think about the total of NCs Bama has won.  Suffice to say, it is more than any other universities total that still think they are football powers. 

I find it funny that other universities are so insecure that they feel the need to try and diminish Alabama's football program.  One is only jealous of what one does not have,  and you might notice you have never met an Alabama fan that is jealous of another program.

So let the uninformed masses continue......

cool


Last edited 12/7/2012 7:26 AM by TideFaninFl

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/7/2012 10:16 AM

RE: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls 


Alabama national title claims are laughed at by all other programs.  All are "mythical" or voted on anyway.  Until 2014, when we have a selection committee, like all other NCAA titles, the titles will have been voted on, not won.  So I guess I could vote my Buckeyes national champs this year and count it, but we are not Alabama, so it is not AP or UP, so we won't.  If the AP awards us the title, I will claim it.
The views expressed here, are solely my own, well, most of the time.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/7/2012 10:35 AM

Re: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls 


Fellow Bucks and Other Posters,



As for the actual game next month, I don't think it'll be close.

ALABAMA OFFENSE VERSUS NOTRE DAME DEFENSE
Yes, Notre Dame's defense has been stout against the run, and overall for that matter.  However, ND hasn't faced as talented an offensive line as Alabama has.  I think Notre Dame will be effective for a half, but then the superiority of the Tide line will take over in the second half, and play action will be that much more effective.  Advantage:  Alabama.

NOTRE DAME OFFENSE VERSUS ALABAMA DEFENSE
This could get ugly.  Notre Dame doesn't have an offensive identity, and definitely has no dynamic presence at the quarterback position.  Alabama's front seven is amongst the best in the country, and are known to pressure QB's constantly.  Alabama is very weak against the pass, but they aren't facing Murray or Manziel in this one.  So, I look for the Tide to continually pressure ND, and stack up against the average ND rush game.  Advantage:  Alabama.


INTANGIBLES
This is where I give ND the advantage.  So, over the next month, they will constantly hear things like what I wrote above.  The Irish will likely come in with a huge chip on their shoulder.  And, this is definitely not a dominant SEC foe they're facing.  Notre Dame will likely travel well for this one, as a majority of their fan base lives within a short plane ride to  South Florida.  Advantage:  Notre Dame.


FINAL SCORE
Alabama 41  Notre Dame 14


Urban Legend's doing partial differential equations while the rest of the B1G head coaches are struggling coloring within the lines!!!

Go Bucks!!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/7/2012 6:16 PM

Re: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls 


noidea
BuckeyeBacker wrote: Fellow Bucks and Other Posters,



As for the actual game next month, I don't think it'll be close.

ALABAMA OFFENSE VERSUS NOTRE DAME DEFENSE
Yes, Notre Dame's defense has been stout against the run, and overall for that matter.  However, ND hasn't faced as talented an offensive line as Alabama has.  I think Notre Dame will be effective for a half, but then the superiority of the Tide line will take over in the second half, and play action will be that much more effective.  Advantage:  Alabama.

NOTRE DAME OFFENSE VERSUS ALABAMA DEFENSE
This could get ugly.  Notre Dame doesn't have an offensive identity, and definitely has no dynamic presence at the quarterback position.  Alabama's front seven is amongst the best in the country, and are known to pressure QB's constantly.  Alabama is very weak against the pass, but they aren't facing Murray or Manziel in this one.  So, I look for the Tide to continually pressure ND, and stack up against the average ND rush game.  Advantage:  Alabama.


INTANGIBLES
This is where I give ND the advantage.  So, over the next month, they will constantly hear things like what I wrote above.  The Irish will likely come in with a huge chip on their shoulder.  And, this is definitely not a dominant SEC foe they're facing.  Notre Dame will likely travel well for this one, as a majority of their fan base lives within a short plane ride to  South Florida.  Advantage:  Notre Dame.


FINAL SCORE
Alabama 41  Notre Dame 14
That score seems dead on when a team that has no business being there faces an SEC power. But, will ND get more than 82 yards?noidea

Last edited 12/7/2012 6:55 PM by Sweatloaf

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/7/2012 6:35 PM

RE: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls 


Y'all do know that even if you only count AP titles, we still have the most, right. We were tied with OU and ND until last year.
Reply | Quote
  • jdukep
  • Freshman
  • 492 posts this site

Posted: 12/7/2012 7:10 PM

Re: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls 


DeepSthBoy wrote: 

"My son is 16 and he has seen as many national championships from Bama as any Ohio State fan that is 50 has seen. Now THERE is a stat."

A sixteen-year old son? That would make you .... 23?  With a three-year old grandson who's momma is also his aunt, a plethora of intestinal parasites, a banjo and a rocking chair, and wonderful set of tooth.

Last edited 12/7/2012 7:15 PM by jdukep

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 9:52 PM

Re: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls 



MissStateBuckeye wrote:
DeepSthBoy wrote:
MissStateBuckeye wrote:
DeepSthBoy wrote:
ssbucks wrote: Where is the DeepSouth Boy??
Right here.

I can tell you that this stat is not one that is lost on any Bama fan. A better thing to use is this -- 1966/1973/1977

Maybe between now and January 7th, you guys can trot those three years out day after day.

That isn't nearly as entertaining to me, however, as it is when OSUVB and some of you guys trot out total wins or conference championships or some other such stat to establish Ohio State as an "all-timer". My son is 16 and he has seen as many national championships from Bama as any Ohio State fan that is 50 has seen. Now THERE is a stat.
total wins and conf championships are earned...

MNC are voted on - Bama didn't earn a MNC last year... finishing 3rd in your conference and having a weak resume but still getting people to vote for you just shows how epically flawed the MNC really is
You make yourself look "epically" ignorant when you post this sort of butthurt stuff. There is not even any point in rehashing all the reasons that Bama played in that game. You have to be beyond moronic not to get it. Sorry if you don't like it.

I wonder -- would you accept an AP championship if it was voted to OSU right now?
So alabama earned it over okie st last year?

exactly how???

they lost on their home field... they played a much much weaker schedule... they finished 3rd in their conference when the computers ranked the big 12 as a stronger conference - yes the big 12 which okie st won...

the resume's weren't even comparable...

bama didn't earn anything last year... done the same thing this year... and for the 2nd straight year getting the benefit of the vote...

you can say I'm butthurt all you want... doesn't change the truth about how absolutely pathetic the bowl system is
A pathetic post

Alabama earned the BCS title last year 

Do you guys claim the W over Arkansas ?

 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/8/2012 4:04 AM

Re: Alabama 1-5 vs Notre Dame, 0-2 in bowls 


The game OSU played against Arky, an SEC also-ran was played with 5 ineligible players.  You are still "0- 9"
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 8  Next >