Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

Uggla Released

Avatar

Posted: 7/18/2014 2:57 PM

Uggla Released 


XenoAbe


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/18/2014 3:16 PM

Re: Uggla Released 


Feel bad for Uggla, but it had to be done.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/18/2014 3:19 PM

Re: Uggla Released 


Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/18/2014 3:25 PM

Re: Uggla Released 


Agree it was past time to bite the bullet, but I really can't work up much sympathy for a guy who is going to get something like $19 million to just go away.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/18/2014 3:26 PM

Re: Uggla Released 



kurtinatlanta wrote: Feel bad for Uggla, but it had to be done.
Really?  Why in the world would you feel bad for him?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/18/2014 3:36 PM

Re: Uggla Released 



GTJT622 wrote:
kurtinatlanta wrote: Feel bad for Uggla, but it had to be done.
Really?  Why in the world would you feel bad for him?
He lost his job? Even if he's bought out, I'm sure he'd rather be playing and playing well than released because he's not performing anymore. Maybe I'm not following closely enough, but I don't get the impression he's not been making an effort.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/18/2014 3:42 PM

Re: Uggla Released 


I hate it for him, but needed to be done, sooner than now. At least they finally let him go, even if it took a little bit longer than in should've.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/18/2014 3:44 PM

Re: Uggla Released 



ESPNjacket wrote:

thumb.gif Masterful gif usage.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/18/2014 3:46 PM

Re: Uggla Released 



kurtinatlanta wrote:
GTJT622 wrote:
kurtinatlanta wrote: Feel bad for Uggla, but it had to be done.
Really?  Why in the world would you feel bad for him?
He lost his job? Even if he's bought out, I'm sure he'd rather be playing and playing well than released because he's not performing anymore. Maybe I'm not following closely enough, but I don't get the impression he's not been making an effort.
Oooooohhhhkay.  If you say so.  eekeekeekeekeekeekeek
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/18/2014 3:47 PM

Re: Uggla Released 


That GIF epitomizes his entire tenure here.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/18/2014 3:55 PM

Re: Uggla Released 



kurtinatlanta wrote:
GTJT622 wrote:
kurtinatlanta wrote: Feel bad for Uggla, but it had to be done.
Really?  Why in the world would you feel bad for him?
He lost his job? Even if he's bought out, I'm sure he'd rather be playing and playing well than released because he's not performing anymore. Maybe I'm not following closely enough, but I don't get the impression he's not been making an effort.
He lost his job weeks ago.  Now he just doesn't travel to not play, can go home and swim in a pool full of singles.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/18/2014 4:03 PM

Re: Uggla Released 


I suspect that some team will be willing to pick him up for the prorated league minimum just on the off chance that a change of venue will give him some life.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/18/2014 4:05 PM

Re: Uggla Released 



GTJeffC wrote:
kurtinatlanta wrote:
GTJT622 wrote:
kurtinatlanta wrote: Feel bad for Uggla, but it had to be done.
Really?  Why in the world would you feel bad for him?
He lost his job? Even if he's bought out, I'm sure he'd rather be playing and playing well than released because he's not performing anymore. Maybe I'm not following closely enough, but I don't get the impression he's not been making an effort.
He lost his job weeks ago.  Now he just doesn't travel to not play, can go home and swim in a pool full of singles.
If you're talking about single women, I imagine his pregnant wife wouldn't like that too much.  If you're talking about one dollar bills, I imagine his pregnant wife wouldn't like that too much.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/18/2014 4:08 PM

Re: Uggla Released 



kidfabulous wrote:
GTJeffC wrote:
kurtinatlanta wrote:
GTJT622 wrote:
kurtinatlanta wrote: Feel bad for Uggla, but it had to be done.
Really?  Why in the world would you feel bad for him?
He lost his job? Even if he's bought out, I'm sure he'd rather be playing and playing well than released because he's not performing anymore. Maybe I'm not following closely enough, but I don't get the impression he's not been making an effort.
He lost his job weeks ago.  Now he just doesn't travel to not play, can go home and swim in a pool full of singles.
If you're talking about single women, I imagine his pregnant wife wouldn't like that too much.  If you're talking about one dollar bills, I imagine his pregnant wife wouldn't like that too much.
Nicely done tongue
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/18/2014 4:08 PM

Re: Uggla Released 



kidfabulous wrote:
GTJeffC wrote:
kurtinatlanta wrote:
GTJT622 wrote:
kurtinatlanta wrote: Feel bad for Uggla, but it had to be done.
Really?  Why in the world would you feel bad for him?
He lost his job? Even if he's bought out, I'm sure he'd rather be playing and playing well than released because he's not performing anymore. Maybe I'm not following closely enough, but I don't get the impression he's not been making an effort.
He lost his job weeks ago.  Now he just doesn't travel to not play, can go home and swim in a pool full of singles.
If you're talking about single women, I imagine his pregnant wife wouldn't like that too much.  If you're talking about one dollar bills, I imagine his pregnant wife wouldn't like that too much.
http://imgur.com/g5LoDk8?tags

Last edited 7/18/2014 4:08 PM by gtisdabest

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/18/2014 4:10 PM

Re: Uggla Released 


Men can be single, too.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/18/2014 4:19 PM

Re: Uggla Released 



GTJeffC wrote:
kurtinatlanta wrote:
GTJT622 wrote:
kurtinatlanta wrote: Feel bad for Uggla, but it had to be done.
Really?  Why in the world would you feel bad for him?
He lost his job? Even if he's bought out, I'm sure he'd rather be playing and playing well than released because he's not performing anymore. Maybe I'm not following closely enough, but I don't get the impression he's not been making an effort.
He lost his job weeks ago.  Now he just doesn't travel to not play, can go home and swim in a pool full of singles.
Nah, he would probably strike out there too! wink
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/18/2014 4:36 PM

Re: Uggla Released 



GTJT622 wrote:
kurtinatlanta wrote: Feel bad for Uggla, but it had to be done.
Really?  Why in the world would you feel bad for him?
This^^^

He's doesn't appear to be ashamed of collecting the $'s  from his contract... hard to feel sorry for him.  

Somewone will pick him up for the ML minimum or to play in the minors if he wants to play.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/18/2014 4:45 PM

Re: Uggla Released 



pwalker8 wrote: I suspect that some team will be willing to pick him up for the prorated league minimum just on the off chance that a change of venue will give him some life.
I highly doubt it.  Someone may sign him to a minor league contract but if someone picks him up to a major league contract, they're idiots.

Minimum major league salary this year is $500,000.  So even prorated, it would be almost $250K if someone signed him to a major league minimum contract.

I would also think that Uggla will just retire now and count his remaining millions.

Last edited 7/18/2014 4:47 PM by daBuzz

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/18/2014 4:47 PM

Re: Uggla Released 


Uggla can relax on a beach now.

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >