Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

I'm with Adam Snyder on the subject of Kevin Kolb here…

Avatar

Posted: 2/28/2013 10:32 PM

I'm with Adam Snyder on the subject of Kevin Kolb here… 


Reply | Quote

Posted: 3/1/2013 7:52 AM

Re: I'm with Adam Snyder on the subject of Kevin Kolb here… 



Wellfed wrote: Article
The Cards may keep Kolb, but I doubt that Snyder will be around to block for him.

stl
Ç
Reply | Quote

Posted: 3/2/2013 4:34 PM

Re: I'm with Adam Snyder on the subject of Kevin Kolb here… 


Warmack is my choice.....Snyder is brutal
BE MORE CONCERNED WITH YOUR CHARACTER THAN YOUR REPUTATION. YOUR CHARACTER IS WHO YOU REALLY ARE, AND YOUR REPUTATION IS ONLY WHAT OTHERS THINK YOUR ARE.....
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/2/2013 11:44 PM

Re: I'm with Adam Snyder on the subject of Kevin Kolb here… 


Snyder isn't going anywhere.  If we cut him we have a cap hit equal to his salary.  He did OK at Center last year.  As a RG, he was terrible.  But we knew that, PFF had him ranked as one of the worst RG's when he was with San Fran.  Between the Colledge and Snyder contracts that is what is costing us grabbing a top tier LT that will be in FA this year.  How did Graves, Whiz, and Grimm ever think Colledge was a $7 million/year Guard, and then give a big offer to Snyder ?
Reply | Quote
  • Reddog7
  • Big Red Alumni
  • 2635 posts this site

Posted: 3/3/2013 1:04 PM

Re: I'm with Adam Snyder on the subject of Kevin Kolb here… 


The same Adam Snyder who declared earlier that the Cards should go after Alex Smith for their QB. I guess he like some people in government expects us to have a short memory.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/3/2013 4:57 PM

Re: I'm with Adam Snyder on the subject of Kevin Kolb here… 


Red,

 

Yes, just like most Americans have a short memory. Oops, I mean Cards fans.

The risk of failure is great, but the risk of not making the necessary changes to improve ones self will surely spell disaster!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 3/3/2013 8:10 PM

Re: I'm with Adam Snyder on the subject of Kevin Kolb here… 


Colledge is a decent guard. Don't know if he's worth 7 million a year, but try playing in between Batiste and Sendlein and then a learning Potter, and then focus only on your guy. Defenders blowing by you on both sides! Hopefully, it gets better. Our contracts situation is a sore spot. To much money for the type of talent we have. jmo
Reply | Quote
  • Reddog7
  • Big Red Alumni
  • 2635 posts this site

Posted: 3/3/2013 9:07 PM

Re: I'm with Adam Snyder on the subject of Kevin Kolb here… 



Cowboy0113 wrote:

Red,

 

Yes, just like most Americans have a short memory. Oops, I mean Cards fans.

LOL!......biggrin
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/3/2013 9:33 PM

Re: I'm with Adam Snyder on the subject of Kevin Kolb here… 



duecer54 wrote: Colledge is a decent guard. Don't know if he's worth 7 million a year, but try playing in between Batiste and Sendlein and then a learning Potter, and then focus only on your guy. Defenders blowing by you on both sides! Hopefully, it gets better. Our contracts situation is a sore spot. To much money for the type of talent we have. jmo
Yeah that's Hutchinson type coin for one of the most dominating lineman in history.  Colledge did have a lot of moving parts around him, but just can't figure out why he doesn't get any push in the run game.  So him get turned a lot this past year, don't think all of those blocks missed were because of guys around him.  As for Snyder, he is a decent backup that we are paying starter money for.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 3/4/2013 12:08 PM

Re: I'm with Adam Snyder on the subject of Kevin Kolb here… 



REDMAN2000 wrote:
duecer54 wrote: Colledge is a decent guard. Don't know if he's worth 7 million a year, but try playing in between Batiste and Sendlein and then a learning Potter, and then focus only on your guy. Defenders blowing by you on both sides! Hopefully, it gets better. Our contracts situation is a sore spot. To much money for the type of talent we have. jmo
Yeah that's Hutchinson type coin for one of the most dominating lineman in history.  Colledge did have a lot of moving parts around him, but just can't figure out why he doesn't get any push in the run game.  So him get turned a lot this past year, don't think all of those blocks missed were because of guys around him.  As for Snyder, he is a decent backup that we are paying starter money for.
Both of them leave alot to be desired!!!
But it may have been because of the Grimm Reapers coaching style!!!
They may perform better in this zone blocking scheme and with better coaching.
I'm looking forward to see how they operate in the new system.

stlcardinal noideanoideanoideanoidea
Ç
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 3/4/2013 10:07 PM

Re: I'm with Adam Snyder on the subject of Kevin Kolb here… 


Agreed, I never was a fan of Grimm's power style.  The personnel didn't fit, and the era of football today it wasn't an effective scheme.  Zone blocking has much more success in the league now IMO.
Reply | Quote