Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Michael Vick

  • Reddog7
  • Big Red Alumni
  • 2640 posts this site

Posted: 11/6/2012 11:47 PM

Michael Vick 


Might be on the trading block. If so, what would you think of him as a Card'?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/7/2012 1:59 PM

Re: Michael Vick 


We already have an injury-prone QB, that is not accurate, has poor pocket awareness, scrambles more than he should, with a strong arm.  No thank you.  Vick's best days are behind him.  It was fun watching his brief renaissance 2 yrs. ago.
Reply | Quote
  • Reddog7
  • Big Red Alumni
  • 2640 posts this site

Posted: 11/7/2012 5:34 PM

Re: Michael Vick 



REDMAN2000 wrote: We already have an injury-prone QB, that is not accurate, has poor pocket awareness, scrambles more than he should, with a strong arm.  No thank you.  Vick's best days are behind him.  It was fun watching his brief renaissance 2 yrs. ago.
He gives us a better chance than what we have now, especially with no running game (and I'm a Kolb fan).
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/7/2012 8:07 PM

Re: Michael Vick 


I disagree, I think it would be a disaster for both him and us.  He needs to go somewhere where a stellar O-line is in place.  He is very fragile these days.  His scrambling ability isn't what it was 2 years ago.  We'd have to give up draft picks to get him.  We've given Philly enough.  No mas.  Oh and he has a massive contract.

Look at the top NFC teams.  Falcons, Packers, Giants, hate to say it but the Niners we can't compete with those teams right now.  The season is close to a bust now, but fixing the O-line will make this team improve rapidly.  We aren't far off from competing with these other teams, just not this year.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/7/2012 8:36 PM

Re: Michael Vick 



Reddog7 wrote:
He gives us a better chance than what we have now, especially with no running game (and I'm a Kolb fan).

I'd take Skelton anyday over a washed-up vick. Actually, I would take Skelton over a vick in his prime, as if there ever was such a thing.
John Motorcycle Cardinals
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/7/2012 9:32 PM

Re: Michael Vick 


He is not a system fit either.  No way the Cards do this.  Any rumor floating around there is prolly Philly FO trying to drum up interest and create an artificial market for Vick that just doesn't exist.  Hey glad to see Potter get his first start he had a pretty impressive record of keeping the QB's shirt clean at Boise.  Hopefully Lott can bulk him up in the offseason and at least give us a depth guy.  Can't have too many of those these days.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/7/2012 9:52 PM

Re: Michael Vick 


He did very well last week, did Potter. And now he is our left tackle. He has a mean streak btw. Kinda like mebiggrin  And, he might be our long term solution there. Think Runyon. We do need to draft offensive linemen though at least with the first two picks. Glaringly to all, that is our weakness.
John Motorcycle Cardinals
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/8/2012 5:11 AM

Re: Michael Vick 


Like Nate Potter. NO WAY Vick!!!
Reply | Quote
  • Reddog7
  • Big Red Alumni
  • 2640 posts this site

Posted: 11/8/2012 9:48 AM

Re: Michael Vick 


This same sentiment was expressed just prior to his initial comeback and he proved otherwise. And Kurt Warner was considered on his way out too when he came here. Ended up leading us to our first SB.

Last edited 11/8/2012 9:49 AM by Reddog7

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/8/2012 5:20 PM

Re: Michael Vick 


Vick never has been or ever will be of Warner's calibur, on or off the field. We got lucky, because he wasn't even playing at first. Even our management throws one out there occasionallybiggrin
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/9/2012 8:53 PM

Re: Michael Vick 


LOL .......


" The Cuervo Gold, the fine Colombian make tonight a wonderful thing - say it again "

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/10/2012 10:00 PM

Re: Michael Vick 


Haha yeah I saw that on your board birdy after that Carolina game.  That sum funny stuff !  

- I wish I could honestly say you guys are going down next weekend ... but I have nothing to back it up with.  The wheels have come off our wagon especially on Offense I just hope they keep it somewhat close banghead
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/13/2012 7:25 PM

Re: Michael Vick 


birdy is a deranged falcons fan no doubt.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/14/2012 10:20 AM

Re: Michael Vick 



REDMAN2000 wrote: Haha yeah I saw that on your board birdy after that Carolina game.  That sum funny stuff !  

- I wish I could honestly say you guys are going down next weekend ... but I have nothing to back it up with.  The wheels have come off our wagon especially on Offense I just hope they keep it somewhat close banghead

Wassup Redman, long time no see ....well, if we dont get some semblance of a run game going it will prolly be close, dont like the fact you are coming off the bye, and pizzed off at the world, but as you said you have no offense to speak of, I just hope you dont find it on Sunday......


" The Cuervo Gold, the fine Colombian make tonight a wonderful thing - say it again "

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/16/2012 5:41 PM

Re: Michael Vick 


Yeah I'm surprised you guys aren't getting young Jacquizz going.  Turner isn't even really a great goal line back any more.  Get the young kid in there he has looked good the dozen or so times I've watched him get a carry or catch.  

I think sitting Julio would be a mistake.  Peterson will lock down on Roddy pretty tight and we got some backers and kerry Rhodes that can lock down on TE's.  If you guys run Turner all day and leave Rodgers off the field for most of the game, I think we got a shot.  With Weatherspoon out that's a guy that we won't have to worry about busting through our turnstile linemen.

Skelton looked better against GB, I think that ankle injury was bugging him more than he lot on in those first couple games back.  We shall see.  

I still remember that game a couple years ago where the Falcons humiliated the Niners in San Fran.  That was beautiful, Singletary even made one of his players apologize to the fans at the news conference.  Haha
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/17/2012 5:31 PM

Re: Michael Vick 



REDMAN2000 wrote: Yeah I'm surprised you guys aren't getting young Jacquizz going.  Turner isn't even really a great goal line back any more.  Get the young kid in there he has looked good the dozen or so times I've watched him get a carry or catch.  

I think sitting Julio would be a mistake.  Peterson will lock down on Roddy pretty tight and we got some backers and kerry Rhodes that can lock down on TE's.  If you guys run Turner all day and leave Rodgers off the field for most of the game, I think we got a shot.  With Weatherspoon out that's a guy that we won't have to worry about busting through our turnstile linemen.

Skelton looked better against GB, I think that ankle injury was bugging him more than he lot on in those first couple games back.  We shall see.  

I still remember that game a couple years ago where the Falcons humiliated the Niners in San Fran.  That was beautiful, Singletary even made one of his players apologize to the fans at the news conference.  Haha
I doubt Julio plays, our best LBer Weatherspoon out as well, we just got to neautralize your blitz and try to exploit it, prolly see Quizz alot more this week, I'm sure we got plenty of screens and quik slants ready to dial up on you guys, for sure we got to take care of Washington....your big NT on Todd McClure kinda scares me....


" The Cuervo Gold, the fine Colombian make tonight a wonderful thing - say it again "

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/17/2012 9:35 PM

Re: Michael Vick 


Yeah we have definitely not defended the screen pass well.  I hope we try bringing the heat right up the middle, Washington could have a career day.  If our D-line can be disciplined enough to keep their hands up to disrupt passes and let the LB's do what they need to do it's gonna disrupt Ryan's game.  One of the things that makes us unique is the fact that we collapse the pocket so well with Wilson and Washington bursting through the middle instead of the edge rushers creating the pressure alone.  

Hopefully the tackling has improved for us.  We have missed uncharacteristically a lot of tackles the past few games.  We have no margin for error because of the Offense's ineptitude.  I also am hoping Calais Campbell is a surprise go tomorrow, we need the big fella out there, but am excited to see Dave Carter at the 3-4 End spot dude is a gamer at NT as a pass rusher.

Hope to a great game and no injuries.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/17/2012 9:42 PM

Re: Michael Vick 


This won't be an easy game for the Falcons as many think. The Falcons offense has struggled with the 3-4 because of their 270 pound center and now a rookie right guard to boot.

But if the Falcons defense gets turnovers it could get ugly for the Cards and that can be said for the Cards,...they get turnovers, especially early the game could get close.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 6:41 AM

Re: Michael Vick 



REDMAN2000 wrote: Yeah we have definitely not defended the screen pass well.  I hope we try bringing the heat right up the middle, Washington could have a career day.  If our D-line can be disciplined enough to keep their hands up to disrupt passes and let the LB's do what they need to do it's gonna disrupt Ryan's game.  One of the things that makes us unique is the fact that we collapse the pocket so well with Wilson and Washington bursting through the middle instead of the edge rushers creating the pressure alone.  

Hopefully the tackling has improved for us.  We have missed uncharacteristically a lot of tackles the past few games.  We have no margin for error because of the Offense's ineptitude.  I also am hoping Calais Campbell is a surprise go tomorrow, we need the big fella out there, but am excited to see Dave Carter at the 3-4 End spot dude is a gamer at NT as a pass rusher.

Hope to a great game and no injuries.

We had the same problem vs. Nola, had it earlier in the year, it seems we had it corrected after the bye, but its back, we got to get our MOJO back this week, NOLA whipped us in the trenches on both sides of the ball, tackling was horrid, and we had no answer for Graham.....good luck and good game Red, I'll pop in after the game and give my two cent LOL ......


" The Cuervo Gold, the fine Colombian make tonight a wonderful thing - say it again "

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 8:32 PM

Re: Michael Vick 


You guys escaped one Bird !  SOB, our Offense is as bad as Jacksonville's and no not the one that freakishly showed up against the Texans.  Our Defense could recover the ball on the 5 yard line and still not convert in 4 downs .  I really think a change is going to be made at coaching spots this offseason.  Flat out unacceptable play on that side of the ball for 3 years now.  We do not have an NFL caliber Offense.   

Good luck the rest of the way man !  Especially when you play those rat-bastard Niners in the playoffs.  devil
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >