Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

Somebody HELP.....

Avatar

Posted: 1/29/2013 5:19 PM

Somebody HELP..... 


and make me feel better about 2013's team.

1-We are way over the cap so virtually no FA's.

2- loosing some players such as Gamble, Anderson, Dwan and possibly Beason.

3- New coaches all over the place

4- Head coach on the Hot-Seat

Somebody tell me how all of this is going to make for a better team in 2013.  I hope someone out there can convince me.  I love the Panthers, but 2013 looks to be no better or worse than 2012.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/29/2013 5:51 PM

Re: Somebody HELP..... 


OK... since you listed 4 items that concern you, I will list 4 also.....

1. Hurneys gone

2. Hurneys gone

3. Hurneys gone

4. Hurneys gone

bonus.... Chuds gone

devil
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/29/2013 5:59 PM

Re: Somebody HELP..... 



Acelamar1 wrote: and make me feel better about 2013's team.

1-We are way over the cap so virtually no FA's.

2- loosing some players such as Gamble, Anderson, Dwan and possibly Beason.

3- New coaches all over the place

4- Head coach on the Hot-Seat

Somebody tell me how all of this is going to make for a better team in 2013.  I hope someone out there can convince me.  I love the Panthers, but 2013 looks to be no better or worse than 2012.
Now I'll be serious.
1. A lot of teams are over the cap. The new GM will restructure some contracts. We might not make a big name FA but we will be OK.

2. I think the new GM will try to restructure Gamble, Anderson and Dwan .They will have to see if Beason will/can move outside for the $$ he will get. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gross gone

3. We let the special teams coach go during the season, and the special teams got better.  As for the WR coach, he had LaFell playing good, (Smith always does, so don't count). Prohl will be as good or better. Shula, hopefully learned from Chuds mistakes. If he runs a similar offense we should be OK.  LB coach is a big question. Skip back is great news for the RB coach.

4. Rivera being on the "hot seat" seems to have brought out the best of him.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/29/2013 6:26 PM

Re: Somebody HELP..... 



CANAPANTHERFAN wrote:
Acelamar1 wrote: and make me feel better about 2013's team.

1-We are way over the cap so virtually no FA's.

2- loosing some players such as Gamble, Anderson, Dwan and possibly Beason.

3- New coaches all over the place

4- Head coach on the Hot-Seat

Somebody tell me how all of this is going to make for a better team in 2013.  I hope someone out there can convince me.  I love the Panthers, but 2013 looks to be no better or worse than 2012.
Now I'll be serious.
1. A lot of teams are over the cap. The new GM will restructure some contracts. We might not make a big name FA but we will be OK.

2. I think the new GM will try to restructure Gamble, Anderson and Dwan .They will have to see if Beason will/can move outside for the $$ he will get. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gross gone

3. We let the special teams coach go during the season, and the special teams got better.  As for the WR coach, he had LaFell playing good, (Smith always does, so don't count). Prohl will be as good or better. Shula, hopefully learned from Chuds mistakes. If he runs a similar offense we should be OK.  LB coach is a big question. Skip back is great news for the RB coach.

4. Rivera being on the "hot seat" seems to have brought out the best of him.
Let us close our eyes, hands folded in our lap, and softly exhaling...now, re-read this post from CANA...sanity will prevail.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/29/2013 6:33 PM

Re: Somebody HELP..... 



gmonet wrote: 
re-read this post from CANA...sanity will prevail.
WOW, this is a first, l gotta show this to my wife...biggrin
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/29/2013 7:20 PM

Re: Somebody HELP..... 



Acelamar1 wrote: and make me feel better about 2013's team.

1-We are way over the cap so virtually no FA's.

2- loosing some players such as Gamble, Anderson, Dwan and possibly Beason.

3- New coaches all over the place

4- Head coach on the Hot-Seat

Somebody tell me how all of this is going to make for a better team in 2013.  I hope someone out there can convince me.  I love the Panthers, but 2013 looks to be no better or worse than 2012.
Can't help you I feel the same way but lets look at it this way Gamble's was replaced with OK guys & yet our Pass rush made them look better than they was but it is a need because Captain is also a FA   
Dwan is 31 & Just played his best season of his career because he finally got to start at DT Not DE or NT so I think he'll sign a good 2 or 3 yr deal that's Cap friendly because he won't go elsewhere & start  
Beason's Contract is so new that Cutting him would cost us as much as keeping him  if we can't trade him we keep him & is value is at best a 5th to 7th pick nothing more 
Anderson Contract isn't as much but i think we'll go with Luke in the Middle & T.Davis at OLB & either Beason or Anderson in the middle NOW if it was me I'd try to get Beason to take a pay cut & keep him at OLB & as a backup middle LB
Mike Tolbert runs hard #Panthers #Falcons #TruckStick #FootballSunday

Last edited 1/29/2013 8:23 PM by kepickle

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/29/2013 8:19 PM

Re: Somebody HELP..... 


Because we ended last year without a couple of those guys you mentioned. I don't see us dropping Dwan or Anderson either, cap room can be made.

We ended last year on a serious hotsreak and if we can come into the season with the same offense that we ended with we are going to be deadly.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/29/2013 8:23 PM

Re: Somebody HELP..... 


LUV IT....

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/31/2013 11:23 AM

Re: Somebody HELP..... 



89GreaterThanYou89 wrote:

Because we ended last year without a couple of those guys you mentioned. I don't see us dropping Dwan or Anderson either, cap room can be made.

We ended last year on a serious hotsreak and if we can come into the season with the same offense that we ended with we are going to be deadly.

We only beat one team over .500 in  that hot streak.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/1/2013 2:44 PM

Re: Somebody HELP..... 



CANAPANTHERFAN wrote: OK... since you listed 4 items that concern you, I will list 4 also.....

1. Hurneys gone

2. Hurneys gone

3. Hurneys gone

4. Hurneys gone

bonus.... Chuds gone

devil
No cap space and down draft picks(3rd,7th).
Awesome way to run a franchise.
Reply | Quote