Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS...

Avatar

Posted: 12/27/2012 8:30 AM

NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS... 


INVITED TO PROBOWL.  WOW.  And I thought we had all this talent.  Just shows you what Rivera is dealing with.  We have lived by the draft, and our drafts have been PATHETIC.  It is time for some infusion of talent.  I still can't believe we are paying 3 running backs this kind of money.  What an idiot Hurney was.  I know some of you don't like Rivera, but in my opinion, he is dealing with a sorely under-talented team.  Hope JR hires a GM that knows what the hell he is doing, one that will bring in some talent, and get our Draft back in order.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/27/2012 8:58 AM

Re: NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS... 


Disagree dwan edwards, hardy, and charles johnson had seasons as good as peppers and melton. Luke k had worthy season also but 2 sf lbs are both top5 defensive players period. Kalil wouldve made it as well
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/27/2012 9:03 AM

Re: NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS... 



eog3 wrote: Disagree dwan edwards, hardy, and charles johnson had seasons as good as peppers and melton. Luke k had worthy season also but 2 sf lbs are both top5 defensive players period. Kalil wouldve made it as well

AAAAAAAAA gree!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/27/2012 9:24 AM

Re: NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS... 


I agree they are good players and deserved some recognition, especially Luke and CJ and Hardy, but my point was this team is void of talent in alot of key areas that have been overlooked for too many years.  Plus, our drafts after the 1st round have been HORRIFIC!!!  We can't blame all this on Rivera!!!

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/27/2012 10:32 AM

Re: NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS... 



Acelamar1 wrote:

I agree they are good players and deserved some recognition, especially Luke and CJ and Hardy, but my point was this team is void of talent in alot of key areas that have been overlooked for too many years.  Plus, our drafts after the 1st round have been HORRIFIC!!!  We can't blame all this on Rivera!!!

agreed with most of this
Mike Tolbert runs hard #Panthers #Falcons #TruckStick #FootballSunday
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/27/2012 12:16 PM

Re: NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS... 


Looking at a walterfootball.com mock draft and they have us getting Johnathan Hankins with the 13th pick and Matt Elam with the 43rd pick. I would be pretty happy with these two picks.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/27/2012 3:33 PM

Re: NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS... 


The level of ignorance displayed in this post is beyond measure.

Acelamar1 wrote: INVITED TO PROBOWL.  WOW.  And I thought we had all this talent.  Just shows you what Rivera is dealing with.  We have lived by the draft, and our drafts have been PATHETIC.  It is time for some infusion of talent.  I still can't believe we are paying 3 running backs this kind of money.  What an idiot Hurney was.  I know some of you don't like Rivera, but in my opinion, he is dealing with a sorely under-talented team.  Hope JR hires a GM that knows what the hell he is doing, one that will bring in some talent, and get our Draft back in order.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. "

Galileo
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/27/2012 3:36 PM

RE: NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS... 


we have talent. just not elite talent yet.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/27/2012 4:04 PM

Re: NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS... 


enlighten me.......What part of this do you think is ignorant?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/27/2012 5:22 PM

Re: NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS... 



PanthersAllDay wrote: Looking at a walterfootball.com mock draft and they have us getting Johnathan Hankins with the 13th pick and Matt Elam with the 43rd pick. I would be pretty happy with these two picks.

I would Think Elam would be a steal at 43 tbh. He is a beast, I do not watch much Flordia Football but here is a video from the LSU game. They made a big deal of him taking out his teammate but he is a fast Physical Safety something we need and really he was trying to celebrate the tackle with his teammate. btw I have heard Eagles fans Compairing him to Dawkins... so just saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ue7wlWAhgg


While Hankins would be a really good Pick I am not as high on him as I was. He looks to be inconsistent with Conditioning Issues (sounds like a mix of two players we once had). On top of that some think he may have already max out his potential and that his celing isn't much higher. that being Said If he is where we pick we should take him. I also like sheldon Richardson out of Missouri

my sig and avatar will be back very soon

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/27/2012 7:50 PM

Re: NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS... 



Acelamar1 wrote: enlighten me.......What part of this do you think is ignorant?

The Hurney thingy possibly? Just figure that this sucks, Keuchly at like 53rd alternate...or at least might have been...this really sucks, that ONE Panther wasn't as good as one Chiefs player? C'mon
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/27/2012 9:53 PM

Re: NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS... 



Acelamar1 wrote: INVITED TO PROBOWL.  WOW.  And I thought we had all this talent.  Just shows you what Rivera is dealing with.  We have lived by the draft, and our drafts have been PATHETIC.  It is time for some infusion of talent.  I still can't believe we are paying 3 running backs this kind of money.  What an idiot Hurney was.  I know some of you don't like Rivera, but in my opinion, he is dealing with a sorely under-talented team.  Hope JR hires a GM that knows what the hell he is doing, one that will bring in some talent, and get our Draft back in order.
I disagree with the premise. And in general it is always time for some infusion of talent.
The Power of Life and Death are in the Tongue.

"we are heading in the direction of a National Championship"   Butch Davis  April 14,2007    
 - To be continued. Larry Fedora  12/09/2011
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/27/2012 11:14 PM

RE: NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS... 


The Pro Bowl is voted on by the fans. Hence why awful players go every year and you don't see many Panthers.

 




Your 2013 National Champion Louisville Cardinals!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/27/2012 11:31 PM

Re: NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS... 


All of it.

Acelamar1 wrote: enlighten me.......What part of this do you think is ignorant?

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. "

Galileo
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/28/2012 6:27 AM

Re: NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS... 


Pro Bowl is a joke anyway and has nothing to do with the best players getting in .....they should just eliminate this farce from the NFL calendar...


" The Cuervo Gold, the fine Colombian make tonight a wonderful thing - say it again "

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/28/2012 6:39 AM

Re: NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS... 



bigbirdy wrote: Pro Bowl is a joke anyway and has nothing to do with the best players getting in .....they should just eliminate this farce from the NFL calendar...
I would have said that you are crazy for saying that but after last yrs I agree but it's odd the Young guys all want to go but the older one go all the time Like Peppers has really sucked this yr but & has been out played by Johnson & Hardy but Peppers gets the pick fact is there just isn't enough Panther fans out there
Mike Tolbert runs hard #Panthers #Falcons #TruckStick #FootballSunday
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/28/2012 10:52 AM

Re: NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS... 


Re: NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS...

All of it.

Acelamar1 wrote: enlighten me.......What part of this do you think is ignorant?



JACK....SEE MY POST ON OUR DRAFTING ISSUES AND THEN TELL ME I AM IGNORANT IN WHAT I HAVE SAID!!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/28/2012 7:15 PM

RE: NOBODY FROM THE PANTHERS... 


The fact that you attempted to use the Pro Bowl is some sort of qualifier for talent really discredits anything else you have to say.

Not recognizing that the RB's have the same talent they did when they broke records in a little hard to swallow as well. Their struggles originate with Chud and fall mainly on the OL. Since we "live and die" by the draft you forgot to mention Tolbert was a FA signing, a pretty cheap one at that.

As far as the lack of talent goes I'm more bothered with Nakamura, Hangartner and Murphy than I am most of the rest. Dwan Edwards and Josh Thomas were both great pick ups. Ron Edwards is a stout defender when he's on the field and didn't have much of an injury history before coming here. Why do I bring these guys up? They're all FA's.

We have taken all but two teams to the very end of the game with a chance to win- you don't do that with a severe lack of talent. They need to take the next step as a team, not overhaul the roster.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. "

Galileo
Reply | Quote