Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer

Posted: 12/11/2012 5:53 AM

Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 


http://www.nfl.com/standings?c...sc&colSel=3 

NFL - 2012 Regular Season
NFL TeamConfDivW LTPctPFPANet PtsTDHomeRoadDivPctConfPctNon-ConfStreakLast 5
Jacksonville JaguarsAFCACS2110.154216359-143221-61-52-3.4002-7.2220-42L1-4
Kansas City ChiefsAFCACW2110.154195352-157171-61-50-4.0000-9.0002-21L1-4
Oakland RaidersAFCACW3100.231248402-154252-51-51-3.2503-7.3000-36L0-5
Arizona CardinalsNFCNCW490.308186292-106183-31-61-4.2002-7.2222-29L0-5
Carolina PanthersNFCNCS490.308265312-47332-52-42-3.4004-7.3640-21W2-3
Detroit LionsNFCNCN490.308320342-22342-42-50-5.0003-6.3331-35L0-5
Philadelphia EaglesNFCNCE490.308240341-101252-42-51-3.2502-8.2002-11W1-4
Tennessee TitansAFCACS490.308271386-115282-42-50-5.0003-7.3001-23L1-4
Buffalo BillsAFCACE580.385289352-63333-32-51-3.2504-6.4001-21L2-3
Cleveland BrownsAFCACN580.385259272-13264-31-52-3.4005-5.5000-33W3-2
Miami DolphinsAFCACE580.385240276-36263-32-51-3.2503-6.3332-22L1-4
New Orleans SaintsNFCNCS580.385348379-31443-32-52-2.5003-6.3332-23L2-3
San Diego ChargersAFCACW580.38529228111322-43-43-2.6005-5.5000-31W1-4
Mike Tolbert runs hard #Panthers #Falcons #TruckStick #FootballSunday
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2012 5:54 AM

RE: Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 


to me we'll still draft a a great spot,now I'd love to get a stud DT but we have needs at other Areas
Mike Tolbert runs hard #Panthers #Falcons #TruckStick #FootballSunday
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/11/2012 6:16 AM

RE: Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 


Win always.

Once you lose on purpose you're a loser.

I'm as much of a big picture guy as anyone, so don't feed me the crap about the greater good and all. You play to win, period.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. "

Galileo
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2012 7:02 AM

Re: Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 


gotta go for the win. Take the best O-lineman. If he's a reach take the BPA.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/11/2012 7:09 AM

Re: Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 


Fixed.

---------------------------------------------
--- CANAPANTHERFAN wrote:

gotta go for the win. Take the best D-tackle. If he's a reach take the BPA.

---------------------------------------------

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. "

Galileo
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2012 8:46 AM

Re: Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 


REFIXED  biggrin
Jackofalltrades1977 wrote: Fixed.

---------------------------------------------
--- CANAPANTHERFAN wrote:

gotta go for the win. Take the best O-lineman. If he's a reach take the BPA.

---------------------------------------------
I think that both sides of the line need help. Kalil will be coming off an injury, Gross is getting some grey and the others are good backup thrust into a starting job. Too early to tell about the rookie, at times he looks good, other times, not so good.

Just as good a case can be made about the DT position though. I think its easier to find a really good DT in free agency than it is a O-lineman.

Whichever way the coach and GM want to go will be OK if they go with a Lineman..

Last edited 12/11/2012 8:47 AM by CANAPANTHERFAN

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2012 9:00 AM

RE: Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 


WIN...without a doubt....

Its all about pride at this point in our season...unfortunately
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/11/2012 9:47 AM

Re: Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 


When we had Clausen at QB, I was pulling for a higher draft pick.

With Cam at QB, I am pulling for wins.


 I think Cam is the long term answer, he needs wins to build confidence and increase his development. I knew Clausen wasn't the answer so we needed someone to replace him. Right now, we don't need just one player, we need a whole team.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2012 9:49 AM

RE: Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 


I'm not a gambler but if I leave the casino with less money than I had when I went in I'm a loser.  You can slice that up however but that's the bottom line.  Let me give you a brief history lesson then I will give you my answer.   

- Carolina Panthers start out with an all time franchise record of 0-0
- Carolina Panthers today have an all time franchise record of 131–150

If we were on pace to win 8 games then I would be very happy with that.  However, 6-10 and then 5-11, ain't doing anything for me.  Its like your girlfriend cheating on you "a few times", you would be better served if she went all out so you can use your energy trying to find someone else more loyal. 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2012 1:08 PM

RE: Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 


Always go for the win. If we finish middle of the road then that means we didn't suck enough to warrant a top 5 pick. It's not necessarily something to be proud of.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/11/2012 1:42 PM

RE: Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 



Jackofalltrades1977 wrote: Win always.

Once you lose on purpose you're a loser.

I'm as much of a big picture guy as anyone, so don't feed me the crap about the greater good and all. You play to win, period.

I have always felt folks who see losing as a "plus" either sat in the bleachers as a yute, or Dr.Spock was a genius.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/11/2012 4:21 PM

Re: Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 


I always pull for the win!

I Don't Usually Punch My Teammates, But When I Do,
I Make Sure It's Ken Lucas.....

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2012 5:30 PM

RE: Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 


agreed with all I just listen to sports Radio a lot & hear folks cry because there team isn't in the playoffs so why are they trying to win I'm like DUH
Mike Tolbert runs hard #Panthers #Falcons #TruckStick #FootballSunday
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/11/2012 9:13 PM

RE: Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 


Gotta pull for the win. Losing for a draft pick creates a culture of losing.

 




Your 2013 National Champion Louisville Cardinals!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/13/2012 3:55 PM

RE: Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 



Realguyjeff wrote: I'm not a gambler but if I leave the casino with less money than I had when I went in I'm a loser.  You can slice that up however but that's the bottom line.  Let me give you a brief history lesson then I will give you my answer.   

- Carolina Panthers start out with an all time franchise record of 0-0
- Carolina Panthers today have an all time franchise record of 131–150

If we were on pace to win 8 games then I would be very happy with that.  However, 6-10 and then 5-11, ain't doing anything for me.  Its like your girlfriend cheating on you "a few times", you would be better served if she went all out so you can use your energy trying to find someone else more loyal. 
Jeeeeez...that just makes you feel sorry for the poor schlep.

I'll never hit a woman....but I'll shake the $hit out of her!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/13/2012 4:44 PM

Re: Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 


The players should play to win; however, I want them to lose. This season is another lost season and there is an inverse relationship between winning and draft position. A poorer record meansa  better draft position and perhaps greater leverage on draft day.

Underappreciated Songs: Camera Obscura - Lloyd I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken, Counting Crows - Colorblind, Fairport Convention - Who Knows Where The Time Goes, and  Josh Rouse - Streetlights.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/14/2012 12:32 AM

RE: Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 



52Beast wrote:
Realguyjeff wrote: I'm not a gambler but if I leave the casino with less money than I had when I went in I'm a loser.  You can slice that up however but that's the bottom line.  Let me give you a brief history lesson then I will give you my answer.   

- Carolina Panthers start out with an all time franchise record of 0-0
- Carolina Panthers today have an all time franchise record of 131–150

If we were on pace to win 8 games then I would be very happy with that.  However, 6-10 and then 5-11, ain't doing anything for me.  Its like your girlfriend cheating on you "a few times", you would be better served if she went all out so you can use your energy trying to find someone else more loyal. 
Jeeeeez...that just makes you feel sorry for the poor schlep.

I'll never hit a woman....but I'll shake the $hit out of her!!
 I'm just for consistency man.  Anybody can get lucky but I'm more about a team that has some level of consistency, and I will be happy to sacrifice whatever to get that.  Even now we're at this uncomfortable place where if we beat the Chargers all of a sudden we're talking about keeping Rivera and its just too little too late.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/14/2012 10:41 AM

RE: Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 


'You play to win the game!!!!"

we should win,momentum can carry over from one season to the next.  You say that we should try to lose for a better draft pick,I say we should try to win out and go 7-9.  A winning streak like that would give us that momentum,and also create a winning culture.

just think how close we are to being 10-3 right now,we have the talent to be a playoff team,there is just something wrong,somewhere to not allow us to close out close games,and most of the time that is coaching.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/14/2012 3:20 PM

Re: Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 


Tough question--

On one hand, you play the game to WIN. So I say yes.

On other,  does winning out save Rivera though?  Is so, I say NO.

This team is better than their record and IMO it's coaching.

Reply | Quote
  • RCure
  • Practice Squad
  • 101 posts this site

Posted: 12/15/2012 9:34 AM

Re: Winning verse Draft spot , which do you prefer 


yeah...as long as you have your QB winning is always the option. If you're losing down the stretch it implies that you have way more problems than one draft pick can fix.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >