Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

I would rather have Fox speak than Rivera pressers...

Posted: 11/19/2012 12:41 PM

I would rather have Fox speak than Rivera pressers... 


I mean honestly I don't understand why everyone likes Rivera more than Fox when it comes to media relations. He's just as bad if not worse. Rivera is just better at saying nothing than Fox is. At least Fox doesn't tease, he'll just say it is what it is and walk off. Rivera constantly talks in circles, "We need to get better", " It's a process, we'll evaluate moving forward." It's just a bunch of bs talk that doesn't mean anything. Freaking annoying.

Last edited 11/19/2012 12:41 PM by OneBadassCat

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 2:08 PM

RE: I would rather have Fox speak than Rivera pressers... 


Both are failures as head coaches in their time here. I would go with option three, which is neither. Fox withheld a lot and I'm not sure Rivera even knows what's going on half the time anymore. What the hell do you say when the sky is falling and all you can hope for is to get another coordinator job? Nothing much unless you like to see yourself getting laughed at on ESPN. It's still better than watching Vermeil cry throughout every presser, but not by much.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2012 7:17 PM

Re: I would rather have Fox speak than Rivera pressers... 


Figure the Fox of 2000 NOT the Fox of say 2009, or 2010. We used to get smiles and successes outa Fox, even to the SB, but Rivera has had almost nothing but issues to deal with, lack of rational thinking by his 3 squads. "We failed to complete" or "We did not adjust", or "We did not cover" are things he has had to deal with, and none of the good stuff Fox had early on.

I think Fox should take out a full page spread "Do you miss me now?"
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 7:52 PM

Re: I would rather have Fox speak than Rivera pressers... 


I never would have thought anyone would have thought it
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2012 10:18 PM

RE: I would rather have Fox speak than Rivera pressers... 


I couldn't care less about how they are in press conferences, there is literally nothing that means less to me.

I'd rather know what veggies RR didn't like as a toddler.

I want a coach who can win, by the rules, period.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. "

Galileo
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/20/2012 5:28 AM

RE: I would rather have Fox speak than Rivera pressers... 



Jackofalltrades1977 wrote: I couldn't care less about how they are in press conferences, there is literally nothing that means less to me.

I'd rather know what veggies RR didn't like as a toddler.

I want a coach who can win, by the rules, period.
AGREED
Mike Tolbert runs hard #Panthers #Falcons #TruckStick #FootballSunday
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/20/2012 5:32 AM

Re: I would rather have Fox speak than Rivera pressers... 



gmonet wrote: Figure the Fox of 2000 NOT the Fox of say 2009, or 2010. We used to get smiles and successes outa Fox, even to the SB, but Rivera has had almost nothing but issues to deal with, lack of rational thinking by his 3 squads. "We failed to complete" or "We did not adjust", or "We did not cover" are things he has had to deal with, and none of the good stuff Fox had early on.

I think Fox should take out a full page spread "Do you miss me now?"
yes he should because but Remember the early John Fox built the team the way he wanted to with the players & staff he wanted the later John Fox had figure out how to win with Hurney's Coach's & Hurney's Players
Mike Tolbert runs hard #Panthers #Falcons #TruckStick #FootballSunday
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/20/2012 2:41 PM

Re: I would rather have Fox speak than Rivera pressers... 



kepickle wrote:
gmonet wrote: Figure the Fox of 2000 NOT the Fox of say 2009, or 2010. We used to get smiles and successes outa Fox, even to the SB, but Rivera has had almost nothing but issues to deal with, lack of rational thinking by his 3 squads. "We failed to complete" or "We did not adjust", or "We did not cover" are things he has had to deal with, and none of the good stuff Fox had early on.

I think Fox should take out a full page spread "Do you miss me now?"
yes he should because but Remember the early John Fox built the team the way he wanted to with the players & staff he wanted the later John Fox had figure out how to win with Hurney's Coach's & Hurney's Players
Hurney....who he? eek Have a great Turkey day...I am on my way to Cape May, NJ...food, disaster relief volunteering and Monday night "See Who Can FU the Most Night" in Philly, won't that be fun?

Be well and safe, I'll keep in touch when in NJ!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/21/2012 3:10 PM

Re: I would rather have Fox speak than Rivera pressers... 


Mostly I feel bad for rivera during his pressers. He sounds like a guy who quite clearly doesn't know what the solution is, or even how to define the problem.

Rivera, what's going on, why are you losing?

I don't know.


When that happens they almost have to fire him. It sounds a lot like the reason Hurney got canned...
Welcome to the stink, Panther nation. 2010 Panthers = rock bottom, nowhere to go but up.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/22/2012 1:28 AM

RE: I would rather have Fox speak than Rivera pressers... 



Jackofalltrades1977 wrote: I couldn't care less about how they are in press conferences, there is literally nothing that means less to me.

I'd rather know what veggies RR didn't like as a toddler.

I want a coach who can win, by the rules, period.
Exactly!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/22/2012 1:45 AM

Re: I would rather have Fox speak than Rivera pressers... 


rather have Fox period.
The Power of Life and Death are in the Tongue.

"we are heading in the direction of a National Championship"   Butch Davis  April 14,2007    
 - To be continued. Larry Fedora  12/09/2011
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/22/2012 10:47 AM

RE: I would rather have Fox speak than Rivera pressers... 


So, you didn't want Fox fired to begin with.?

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. "

Galileo
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/22/2012 3:57 PM

Re: I would rather have Fox speak than Rivera pressers... 


I feel that Fox and we needed new possibilities and goals. He hot his early, which is a pattern he's has now. We should have gotten what TB got...but I do think we all know Fox was better than what he ended up as.
Reply | Quote