Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
  Page of 2  Next >

5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets.

Posted: 9/14/2008 5:26 PM

5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


Click here for my article.

Posted: 9/14/2008 5:48 PM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


Cassel, what other reasons?Seriously, get a damn veteran QB.

Posted: 9/14/2008 5:50 PM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


sounds easy ? do you think they grow on trees

Posted: 9/14/2008 6:48 PM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


This game is showing how terrible the jets are!!!This team wont get away with this play against the upper echelon teams.Cassel has doned enough but i still think he is not the guy.

Posted: 9/14/2008 6:59 PM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


You forgot the 5 Reasons the Pats will win.

And of course I was right.

again.

LINK

Posted: 9/14/2008 7:01 PM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


Moss was a non factor in this game because of Cassel.We can get away with this play because the jets are a god awful team.Cassel did enough but i am still not impressed.

Posted: 9/14/2008 7:02 PM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


Dont know who wrote that article, but they were way off. I think they were wrong on all 5 reasons.

Posted: 9/14/2008 8:05 PM

RE: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


Moss was a non factor in this game because of Moss, not because of Cassel. Cassel didn't look for him, because Moss wasn't running his routes. The commentators tried to claim that he was being doubled by a safety, but that simple wasn't true. Moss took himself out of the game on single coverage.

Posted: 9/14/2008 8:07 PM

RE: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


Wow...pretty much 0-5.

Posted: 9/14/2008 8:24 PM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


Morph, when I first came to this site, I looked up to you like a kid looking at his hero!! No Bull S--t, I really did!!

 Now, I'll bet that I'm older than you , which makes my previous comment that much more bizarre, buttttttt, with all due respect, you have really let me down!!!!!

  Why, you might ask? LITTLE FAITH in OUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TEAM, TEAM, TEAM!!!!!!!!!

  Now Morph, I'm not saying we're going to keep winning, because who knows???

 But, the Jets suck, plain and simple, with or without Favre!!!

 Dude, you, and a few others jumped, no, leaped (or lept) off the bandwagon, and for that, you are now in my "Doghouse", (not that you or anyone else really cares)!!
 
Dok, and a few others (I just can't remember
 all of your names), kept the faith and realized that the Pats are STILL a good team, but you Morph, jumped at the first bump!!!! 

 GO PATS, ( no matter how far it may or may not be) !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: 9/14/2008 8:32 PM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


Listen, i am rooting for Cassel and everyone who is doubting him but the guy did enough to not lose the game.The jets are not a good team.He was steady but he still has alot to learn.Baby steps might get u there but to what extent?

Posted: 9/14/2008 8:36 PM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


I would have to say to the Playoffs!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: 9/14/2008 8:56 PM

RE: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


People look up to Morph? That just creeps me out.

Posted: 9/14/2008 9:02 PM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


Dom, - Moss being a non-factor is totally unimportant. The Pats have won a tad more SB's without Moss than they have since he arrived.

Posted: 9/14/2008 9:40 PM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


My hunch is that they're going to spend the next few weeks getting the WR's in sync with Cassel. From what he's been saying, I don't think he ever got to practice with the 1st team. So Moss, Welker, and so forth don't know him and he doesn't know them when it comes to game time. He knows the plays, he just hasn't made the throws to these guys yet.

I don't expect to see Brady circa. 2007 numbers from him - but Brady circa 2001 numbers are reasonable. And we did pretty good that year.

The games will be closer. Much closer than last year, or the last few years. The game against the Chargers will be the big test. Miami won't be. If the team can beat the Chargers in San Diego with Cassel - no matter how weird they have to win - that will really solidify their confidence.

Posted: 9/14/2008 9:48 PM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


I dont know if we will beat the chargers.They need to open up this offense.

Posted: 9/14/2008 10:12 PM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


your post added nothing to the discussion.

Posted: 9/15/2008 5:14 AM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


Poor Chargers they really got jobbed by Hoculi.  Once again the Roid Ref spends too much time admiring his ownself rather than calling a game.

Gotta laugh at this Norvie shot though, looks like he's going something in his pants usually saved for 2 year olds.
NFL Week 2: Costly Calls? \\ Chargers coach Norv Turner reacts to an official's call in the fourth quarter (© Jack Dempsey/AP Photo)

Posted: 9/15/2008 5:33 AM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


VDC, too funny!!!!!!!

Posted: 9/15/2008 9:00 AM

RE: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 



VinatieriDefinesClutch wrote: People look up to Morph? That just creeps me out.

Hater.

Posted: 9/15/2008 9:01 AM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 



dominicanthug wrote: Moss was a non factor in this game because of Cassel.We can get away with this play because the jets are a god awful team.Cassel did enough but i am still not impressed.

You're kidding right? Did you think Cassel was going to throw for 300 yards and Moss was gonna catch TD's all day? Moss was doubled all afternoon. Cassel did what BB told him to do. The Defense did what they were suppose to do and they Won the game. 

Posted: 9/15/2008 9:05 AM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 



tedyboy wrote: Morph, when I first came to this site, I looked up to you like a kid looking at his hero!! No Bull S--t, I really did!!

 Now, I'll bet that I'm older than you , which makes my previous comment that much more bizarre, buttttttt, with all due respect, you have really let me down!!!!!

  Why, you might ask? LITTLE FAITH in OUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TEAM, TEAM, TEAM!!!!!!!!!

  Now Morph, I'm not saying we're going to keep winning, because who knows???

 But, the Jets suck, plain and simple, with or without Favre!!!

 Dude, you, and a few others jumped, no, leaped (or lept) off the bandwagon, and for that, you are now in my "Doghouse", (not that you or anyone else really cares)!!
 
Dok, and a few others (I just can't remember
 all of your names), kept the faith and realized that the Pats are STILL a good team, but you Morph, jumped at the first bump!!!! 

 GO PATS, ( no matter how far it may or may not be) !!!!!!!!!!!


What happened was me and JSinCt did a 5 reasons they would win and 5 reasons they would lose thing. I had the reasons they woule lose. All valid points although the Patriots won and JSinCT had very valid points on whay they would win. It's sorta like good cop/bad cop.

We'l be doing this often so people can see both sides of the coin so to speak. And if you are a member of our pick'em league you will see that I did PICK the Patriots to win.  Hold the applause please...lol

 

 

Posted: 9/15/2008 12:23 PM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


Agreed. This reminded me a lot of the Pats when Brady took over. No one knew what to expect, but we liked the kid's energy. BB/SP rarely keep a player for four years if there isn't a lot of upside somewhere in there. So they must see something we haven't yet.

Brady-to-Moss wasn't an instantaneous connection either - it took a few games for them to figure it out. Cassel hasn't practiced with Moss until now, so he deserves a chance to get the timing down. I do think Moss loses interest if he knows there won't be a lot of balls thrown (33 run plays yesterday to 26 pass), and that needs to be watched, this won't be as much fun for him for a few weeks. If he's going to lope along then may as well put Washington in who'll do whatever BB asks of him.

----Division wrote: ---------------

dominicanthug wrote: Moss was a non factor in this game because of Cassel.We can get away with this play because the jets are a god awful team.Cassel did enough but i am still not impressed.

You're kidding right? Did you think Cassel was going to throw for 300 yards and Moss was gonna catch TD's all day? Moss was doubled all afternoon. Cassel did what BB told him to do. The Defense did what they were suppose to do and they Won the game.

---------------------------------------------

Posted: 9/15/2008 12:58 PM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


Look guys, i am happy with the 2-0 start but who have we played so far?The chiefs and the jets.We also get the dolphins next week.Cassel did the job by not turning the ball over and making some short passing plays.The bottom line is that we wont win these close games when we face the elite teams.This defense has played well but they arent a young defense.The only way to beat these elite teams when the time comes, is to open it up and be aggresive!!!!

Posted: 9/15/2008 1:38 PM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 



dominicanthug wrote: Look guys, i am happy with the 2-0 start but who have we played so far?The chiefs and the jets.We also get the dolphins next week.Cassel did the job by not turning the ball over and making some short passing plays.The bottom line is that we wont win these close games when we face the elite teams.This defense has played well but they arent a young defense.The only way to beat these elite teams when the time comes, is to open it up and be aggresive!!!!

You're right, but that will come with time not in his very first start. I'm sure by the time week 6 rolls around (Chargers) you will see a different Cassel.

BTW.... Week 6 and 7 are Prime time games. Chargers Sunday night and Broncos Monday night.  I'm sure BB will have him ready.

Posted: 9/15/2008 3:57 PM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


The good thing thus far is that Cassel is playing within himself and following instructions. Which is what Brady more or less did when he took over. A win over Miami will prove little - but hopefully they'll start using more of the playbook and players which would indicate that the offense may at least have the full playbook available after the bye.
  • Patsie
  • Lt General (Three St
  • Rating: 0.0/5 this site
  • 738 posts this site

Posted: 9/15/2008 7:46 PM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 



dokgonzo wrote:




 I do think Moss loses interest if he knows there won't be a lot of balls thrown.......and that needs to be watched, this won't be as much fun for him for a few weeks. If he's going to lope along then may as well put Washington in who'll do whatever BB asks of him.








With an observation and suggestion like that I 
am betting that you are probably still at this time,
trying to justify an earlier stance you took 
against Moss being on the Patriots.



Why would anyone criticize Moss now ?   For what ?
For being 7 yards full run ahead of the defender, but Cassel
underthrowing the ball ?  Did he run too far and too 
fast for you,  perhaps ?






.
  • PatsSinceLAW
  • Five Star General
  • Rating: 3.2/5 this site
  • 1428 posts this site

Posted: 9/16/2008 9:16 AM

RE: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


Yah if Moss is going to loose interest now because Cassel is in why didnt Moss loose interest last year after the ravens game? Because brady stopped throwing too him then besides the Giants game at the end of the season. AND LETS NOT even talk about the playoffs and how many chances Brady gave Moss last year. We wouldve had that SB if Moss wouldve been thrown too deep early and often.
  • Patsie
  • Lt General (Three St
  • Rating: 0.0/5 this site
  • 738 posts this site

Posted: 9/16/2008 9:37 AM

RE: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 


 




Attacking Moss is ridiculous.
Im ready to see a " 5 Reasons Patriots will lose to Dolphins" post now.

 

Imo, Lots of fickle Patriots fans in this forum,
seemingly ready to jump ship at any time.

  • Nanaman28
  • Corporal
  • Rating: 0.0/5 this site
  • 96 posts this site

Posted: 9/16/2008 10:06 AM

Re: 5 reasons the Patriots will lose to the Jets. 



Yeah Morph,

No matter what you write ... ESPECIALLY IN A GOOD COP BAD COP article, people will bash ya!!  I thought you both had good points and I too thought the Jets were going to eek one out on Sunday.  But to each their own and for the sake of devil's advovcate I think you did a fine job my man.  I also picked them to win in our pick 'em league HAHA!!
  Page of 2  Next >