Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem?

Posted: 3/13/2013 10:04 PM

Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


With the recent non signing of Wes Welker, it is becoming more apparent to me that Robert Kraft is indeed the biggest issue with the Patriots. I have actually been saying this for five years now. It seems odd that the Patriots have not won a Super Bowl since Kraft stopped paying his players. Yes, there is a signing here and there ( think Vince Wilfork ) but these signings typically are the exact opposite of what the Patriots front office usually does.
   Ever since the Patriots won their three Super Bowls, Kraft has had the fans of New England wrapped around his little finger. No matter what he did, it was all good. He had the stadium sold out every week, and tens of thousands on the waiting list for season tickets. The fans were coming every week, which of course was putting money in his pockets.
   Kraft, ever the very shrewd businessman ( and a very smart one ) decided that he no longer wanted to spend money on the team anymore. Since the team was already good, the fans were going to come anyway regardless of what was going on during the game ( as long as they were competitive). Strangely, the team has now gone years without spending to the cap, and to Kraft it doesn't matter, because the money was rolling in.
  Over the years, they have let big name players go and brought in "cheaper" talent to replace them, of course saving a ton of money. The team though still did well ( thank goodness for a terrible AFC EAST ) and the fans continued to pile in. They might not anymore.
   Kraft has been known to be "cheap" for quite some time, even to his own players. A few years ago, I was talking with a very good friend of now retired player Kevin Faulk. His friend was telling me that Faulk was getting irritated that he wasn't returning punts as often. Faulk at the time was the AFC leader in punt return average, but yet was not returning punts nearly as much as he should have. One would think, his friend explained, that the team would want their best players on the field at all times. Then why wasn't Faulk returning more punts? He had a clause in his contract that if he led the league in punt return average he would get a pretty hefty bonus. Kraft didn't want to pay that bonus, so Faulk no longer returned punts. That is being cheap, and as far as I am concerned, that is telling me that Kraft cared more about the almight dollar than his team's fortunes. I think that still holds true today.
   The Patriots, as I mentioned before, have been under the salary cap for YEARS. The reason, I strongly believe, is because Kraft knows he can get away with it with the fans because of the team's past success. The gate receipts prove it. He doesn't want to pay players because it will cut into his bottom line. Which is make every penny possible. 
   Many in the past have blamed Bill Belichick for various signings and releases. After all, he is the General Manager. Sure he should take some blame, but how many of these personnel moves involve Kraft? I would bet just about every single one of them. I find it amazingly hard to believe that Belichick does not want to put the BEST players on the field at all times. I am sure he has a system and a strategy, but putting third and fourth tier talent on the field when the team has millions of dollars to spend cannot POSSIBLY be in his best interest. Is that really what he wants to do, or is Kraft putting a stop to spending any money? I am willing to bet it is the latter.
  The Patriots are one of the most profitable franchises in the league, and probably all of sport. New England has the second highest ticket prices in the league ( and likely highest concessions too ) yet they are consistently under the salary cap. Coincidence? I don't think so.
   Since the Patriots are so profitable, it would be pretty safe to assume that they give a lot to charity. That would be a very poor assumption indeed. The Krafts give as LITTLE as possible to charity. Yes, they do give and have various foundations, but as a whole they barely give anything considering their net worth. People think they give a ton because they are the Krafts. Those people would be wrong.
    When the Patriots make poor personnel decisions ( and there are a lot ) most fans look to Bill Belichick for answers. As they should. But I think it is about time they start looking at the top, and they should do it real soon.

Posted: 3/13/2013 10:10 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


Yep.  That's the problem.  If only the Pats had a good owner.  They might have a shot at being a successful franchise. rolleyes

Maybe they should just throw big money at every free agent out there like the Eagles and Dolphins do all the time.  Then we fans could bask in all the success those teams have.
**
**
“I don’t have a response. If I had a response to everything that people said about me or us, then I’d be busy all freaking day responding to things." -- Tom Brady, September 2007

Posted: 3/13/2013 10:20 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 



TNPatsFan wrote: Yep.  That's the problem.  If only the Pats had a good owner.  They might have a shot at being a successful franchise. rolleyes

Maybe they should just throw big money at every free agent out there like the Eagles and Dolphins do all the time.  Then we fans could bask in all the success those teams have.

I never said Kraft wasn't a good owner. I just think he can be very cheap with his players, which is what I said. May be if Kraft OCCASIONALLY threw money at free agents than perhaps they would have won a couple of more playoff games in the past six years.

Posted: 3/13/2013 10:25 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


Maybe.  But I don't think the reason the Pats lost the SB in 2007, or in 2011, or the AFCC in 2012 can be attributed to how much money they spent or didn't spend.

I mean if Asante Samuel doesn't drop an easy INT and David Tyree doesn't make a ridiculous catch with the ear hole of his helmet the Pats win their 4th SB.

If Welker, the guy we're so sorry to lose, doesn't drop a catch he should make in the SB, then they win their 5th SB.

And if Welker again doesn't drop an easy catch in the second quarter of the AFCC this year, they have a shot at going up three scores before half time and the game may very well turn out differently.

Spending more money doesn't change any of that.  And I may be mistaken but I seem to recall reading somewhere that the Pats had something like the 8th highest player payroll in the league last year.
**
**
“I don’t have a response. If I had a response to everything that people said about me or us, then I’d be busy all freaking day responding to things." -- Tom Brady, September 2007

Posted: 3/13/2013 10:25 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


think i mentioned this in another thread..interesting that some of us think alike;tho its scary
Jimbothekid wrote:
TNPatsFan wrote: Yep.  That's the problem.  If only the Pats had a good owner.  They might have a shot at being a successful franchise. rolleyes

Maybe they should just throw big money at every free agent out there like the Eagles and Dolphins do all the time.  Then we fans could bask in all the success those teams have.

I never said Kraft wasn't a good owner. I just think he can be very cheap with his players, which is what I said. May be if Kraft OCCASIONALLY threw money at free agents than perhaps they would have won a couple of more playoff games in the past six years.
http://www.yankeesource.com/images/mrgsig.png
Avatar

Posted: 3/13/2013 10:33 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


Kraft comes across as a sweet guy, but I have to believe that behind that facade is a real rat-bastard of a negotiator. I don't know what he said or did to end the strike last year, but it must have been epic - this guy is no light-weight. You aren't going to win a staring contest with Bob Kraft. Period.

Nor with BB ... because ... well, BB don't blink, or smile ... face it: he's a Vulcan. Wes has been around the team long enough to know these things.

And I believe RK meant it when he said he wanted WW to stay. But the subtext was: "I want him to stay at the price-point we have calculated." And there's nothing wrong with that either. This is business and RK has had to watch a lot of players he love leave - and he stays on good terms with almost all of them. Moss flew up for his wife's funeral, if you recall.

But Wes made an emotional decision. He left a good situation for the same 2-years the Pats offered and, when all the numbers are crunched, maybe $1M more. So to me the fact that he left so quick for a marginally better offer says a lot more than that the Pats couldn't pony up a couple $M more. And the fact that the offers were so close tells me that the Pats value judgement was pretty close to correct.

And ... when all is said and done ... they keep winning ... if the ball had bounced there way just a couple times in the last few years, BB would have 5 rings right now.
Avatar

Posted: 3/13/2013 10:35 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


And I really have to wonder if those 2 big drops by WW that TN just mentioned didn't play into this.
Avatar

Posted: 3/13/2013 10:37 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 



TNPatsFan wrote: Maybe.  But I don't think the reason the Pats lost the SB in 2007, or in 2011, or the AFCC in 2012 can be attributed to how much money they spent or didn't spend.

I mean if Asante Samuel doesn't drop an easy INT and David Tyree doesn't make a ridiculous catch with the ear hole of his helmet the Pats win their 4th SB.

If Welker, the guy we're so sorry to lose, doesn't drop a catch he should make in the SB, then they win their 5th SB.

And if Welker again doesn't drop an easy catch in the second quarter of the AFCC this year, they have a shot at going up three scores before half time and the game may very well turn out differently.

Spending more money doesn't change any of that.  And I may be mistaken but I seem to recall reading somewhere that the Pats had something like the 8th highest player payroll in the league last year.
TNPatsFan

Very aptly put!  I agree with your assessment.  Maybe .. just maybe if we had shouted out .. I will give you an extra 10 bucks if you make that catch .. it would have made a difference.
And as always .. Go Pats!

Last edited 3/13/2013 10:39 PM by DsplacedPatsFan

Posted: 3/14/2013 5:40 AM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


There is something I need to add, and I apologize for not saying it last night. It doesn't have to do with money, but 3/4 of the Town of Foxboro cannot stand Robert Kraft. I just wanted to add this because the discussion and the posted topic is about him.

Posted: 3/14/2013 6:14 AM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


I wasn't aware the world had ended, - musta been kinda quick. - Now if that moron Kraft, - would only follow the "Al Davis school of management" and give players what they want, instead of what they're worth ... we'd be all set, just like the Raider always were. - Absolutely amazing what happens when the team lets a "fan favorite" go, ...

Last edited 3/14/2013 6:55 AM by Hunter07

Posted: 3/14/2013 6:55 AM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


I never called Kraft a moron. In fact if my post was read entirely I called him a very smart businessman. I think it is only a matter if time that fans start turning on this team, just like the Red Sox. People are NOT happy with the Wes Welker non signing.

Posted: 3/14/2013 6:59 AM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


Teddy B. was popular too, with A LOT of fans - and a few fans probably wish he was still out there, - doesn't mean he should be. The "end of things" has NOT arrived.

Posted: 3/14/2013 7:43 AM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


Hunter you can't compare Bruschi and Welker....not even close. Bruschi was on the downside of his career, and had a stroke a couple of years prior. Welker is still one of the best receivers in the game. Two completely different scenarios.

Posted: 3/14/2013 8:43 AM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 



dokgonzo wrote: And I really have to wonder if those 2 big drops by WW that TN just mentioned didn't play into this.

Doc ~ Put the pipe away. You are a pretty good analyst but, not a conspiracy theorist.

Posted: 3/14/2013 9:02 AM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 



Hunter07 wrote: Teddy B. was popular too, with A LOT of fans - and a few fans probably wish he was still out there, - doesn't mean he should be. The "end of things" has NOT arrived.
Hunter ~ Talib leaves without a similar replacement and you can write THE END OF THINGS HAS ARRIVED !  This go's down as one of the worst deals in Patriot history. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Avatar

Posted: 3/14/2013 11:43 AM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 



TNPatsFan wrote: Maybe.  But I don't think the reason the Pats lost the SB in 2007, or in 2011, or the AFCC in 2012 can be attributed to how much money they spent or didn't spend.

I mean if Asante Samuel doesn't drop an easy INT and David Tyree doesn't make a ridiculous catch with the ear hole of his helmet the Pats win their 4th SB.

If Welker, the guy we're so sorry to lose, doesn't drop a catch he should make in the SB, then they win their 5th SB.

And if Welker again doesn't drop an easy catch in the second quarter of the AFCC this year, they have a shot at going up three scores before half time and the game may very well turn out differently.

Spending more money doesn't change any of that.  And I may be mistaken but I seem to recall reading somewhere that the Pats had something like the 8th highest player payroll in the league last year.
I agree 100%

Chance favors the Prepared Mind.

Avatar

Posted: 3/14/2013 11:48 AM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 



dokgonzo wrote: And I really have to wonder if those 2 big drops by WW that TN just mentioned didn't play into this.

I have always stated my opinion that it did. When he dropped that Superbowl pass I said BB will not forget this. You have to make big plays when it counts the most.

Chance favors the Prepared Mind.

Posted: 3/14/2013 12:42 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


It is a valid point about a play being made there or a play being made there would have been the difference in winning another Super Bowl. But what if they team spent the money to keep Ty Law or Asante Samuel or Deion Branch? May be they would have won without needing this play or that play to go a different way. I think we can look at it both ways.
Avatar

Posted: 3/14/2013 12:59 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 



usernameNEP wrote:
dokgonzo wrote: And I really have to wonder if those 2 big drops by WW that TN just mentioned didn't play into this.

Doc ~ Put the pipe away. You are a pretty good analyst but, not a conspiracy theorist.
Not a conspiracy at all.

Look at Asante. That INT would have won the SB and he botched it. After that: gone. Not even an attempt to keep him after an otherwise very good season.

A couple years ago Wes has that critical drop in the SB, and he next season BB is trying to phase him out until Edelman gets hurt. Last season he had drops against BAL in the AFCCG at critical moments. After that: gone.

It's BB's behavior pattern. He doesn't tolerate mistakes. If you're going to be "the guy" on his team, you better be "the guy" and make the plays.
  • DerekLarsson2
  • Five Star General
  • Rating: 2.7/5 this site
  • 1152 posts this site

Posted: 3/14/2013 1:39 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? Post Rating (3 votes)




The main problem with The Patriots personnel handling here is Bill Belichick.  He has the total control over that.  But there is also a truth about the priorities of Robert Kraft as well (which I'll speculate on later).

Belichick never showed Welker due proper respect for several years, despite his prolific #1 in the NFL performance and production.

Recall that after some controversy broke about Rex Ryan and his foot feetish, Welker gave a casual interview one day .. and threw in a few cute little "foot remarks" (made about himself), without ever mentioning either the Jets, or Ryan.    It was just funny, totally harmless, and of course no big deal at all -- but Bill Belichick then benched Welker for a whole Quarter in their next game. 

No Coach who is concerned with winning the game, would ever bench the top receiver in the NFL over a totally innocent, good natured, harmless (and nameless) joke, but Belichick did that.  Belichick's top priorities are about being a control-freak,  and not about winning...

Then  two years ago Belichick offered Welker a 2-year contract extension for $16 Million (more than what Denver paid him). The only reason why Welker did not sign was because almost all the money was non-gauranteed and depended on various incentives and fine-print .... putting all the control in the hands of The Patriots.  Welker was smart not to sign that contract (because he would not have gotten the money), and that's why they had to Franchise him last season (for $9 million).

Notice how The Patriots never save any money by these punative moves (or increase their talent level), it's all just about spite and reprisal and trying to put down a player into a subservient position.

Then  we saw Welker being deliberately phased-out, which caused The Patriots to get off to a slow start last season (2 - 2).  But then Edelman and  Hernandez got injured (like they always do), and Welker naturally carried the team for the rest of the entire year and rescued their season.  

Then there was an interview last year, where Welker was being asked about his great production, and the reporter asked him what Belichick (who had cut Welker's playing time) might think now, and Welker made some comment like:  "sure it would be nice to stick it to Bill".  

Finally, Belichick refused to pay any more than $5 million for the NFL's top receiver over the last 6 years .... but simultaneously has no problem paying over $6 million to an unproven over-hyped player that only has a mere 1700 yards over 4 seasons ... and has an injury-prone history.

Again, no other NFL coach would ever cut down the production of his Team, just out of spite.......but Belichick.

The main problem is with Bill Belichick.

-------

As for Robert Kraft, he could step in and put his foot down, and do things like tell Belichick not to hold any grudges, tell him to pay players based upon performance only and not on personality quirks, and to make sure that he makes market-competitive offers to top-level players, and treats them with genuine respect.

He could even march right into Belichick's office and tell him:  "you will resign my #1 receiver Belichick".

But Kraft does neither of these things.  He takes a hands off approach.  You are correct that he does also have a misguided and unfair viewpoint that you can just routinely underpay people who work hard and carry the team, and they should just sacrifice themselves and go along with the "home team discount" because ... well... they just should... 

And Kraft is a money-grubber opportunist at every turn who unnecessarily charges exorbitant ticket prices and exorbitant parking fees ... and felt he needed to turn a Football stadium into a giant Shopping Mall -- because America just doesn't have enough Shopping Malls now do they?   And he always has U.S. Army Recruiters setup around Gillette Stadium trying to brainwash our youth, and get them to be used and abused as cannon fodder in illegal Imperialist Wars and War Crimes and bloodshed perpetrated around the World (which is the reason why America is hated in some places).   Kraft is a nice polite man, but also a typical rich, elitist, reich-wing snob.  He probaby sleeps on a big giant mattress stuffed entirely with $1000 Bills, and then tips his maid just $1 for her yearly christmas bonus.   

Meanwhile, of course,  the talent level of this team has rapidly declined since the powerhouse 2004 Team that rolled easily over the entire league  (17 - 2), and won their 3rd Super Bowl in 4 years, and looked like they would win another 3 more.

 

Last edited 3/14/2013 1:44 PM by DerekLarsson2

Avatar

Posted: 3/14/2013 1:46 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? Post Rating (1 vote)


DerekLarsson2 wrote:

   And he always has U.S. Army Recruiters setup around Gillette Stadium trying to brainwash our youth, and get them to be used and abused as cannon fodder in illegal Imperialist Wars and War Crimes and bloodshed perpetrated around the World (which is the reason why America is hated in some places).  

eek1

I agreed on some of your points until you brought politics to a sports discussion, then the whole incoherent rambling mess was just a joke

Last edited 3/14/2013 1:47 PM by Gronktastic

Avatar

Posted: 3/14/2013 2:15 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? Post Rating (1 vote)


"reich-wing snob" ... really? ... bringing Hitler's Germany into this discussion? ... you do realize RK is Jewish, right, and that kind of remark is pretty damn offensive?

Don't apologize, just GFY.

(And, yeah, Bob Kraft personally positions the Army Recruitment centers. Like the Army can't figure out that a lot of 20-something males will be at a football game and, in a surge of testosterone and beer, may sign up to carry a rifle someplace. Nope, that NEVER occurred to the US Armed Forces until Bob Kraft came along.)

Posted: 3/14/2013 3:13 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


so, why isnt brady gone than.........?
Morpheus11 wrote:
dokgonzo wrote: And I really have to wonder if those 2 big drops by WW that TN just mentioned didn't play into this.

I have always stated my opinion that it did. When he dropped that Superbowl pass I said BB will not forget this. You have to make big plays when it counts the most.
http://www.yankeesource.com/images/mrgsig.png
Avatar

Posted: 3/14/2013 3:58 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? Post Rating (1 vote)


Because he's Tom F'in Brady.

That said, another fizzle in a playoff game or SB and that could change.

Last edited 3/14/2013 4:02 PM by dokgonzo

Avatar

Posted: 3/14/2013 3:59 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


I thought there would be more urgency from this team and so far there isnt.Brady's career is not starting.Its at the end.Now u give him a guy that he has to start over with and has durability issues.You see all these teams getting better and u see the pats holding on to their cap space money looking around while these good players get signed by other teams.I think your QB is not a happy camper!
Avatar

Posted: 3/14/2013 4:03 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


I guess it could be worse, the Bengals have 45 million under the cap and I havent even see their named rumored for anyone
Avatar

Posted: 3/14/2013 4:05 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


Except for the year they went crazy-ape and signed Welker, Moss, and Thomas hasn't it pretty much always been this way with the Pats?
Avatar

Posted: 3/14/2013 4:13 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 



dokgonzo wrote: Except for the year they went crazy-ape and signed Welker, Moss, and Thomas hasn't it pretty much always been this way with the Pats?
Yeah but IMO this years draft is very very weak and no team has more CB issues than the patriots. Even if we picked higher Miliner is the only guy I think can make a small difference his rookie year. There were a lot of solid FA guys out there and it is dwindling down. I havent heard that talib has visited anyone else so maybe its a good sign

Posted: 3/14/2013 4:23 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


I hate to say this, but I actually agree with DL2 ( especially since he somewhat repeated some things I said in the initial thread ). The political war stuff was just a LITTLE over the top however.

Posted: 3/14/2013 4:43 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


^^^
Well good for you.. Don't hate it..accept it..
We all need someone to blame when we don't win it all every year.

Pretty soon we're going to hear BB's jealous of Brady and he's purposely having him lose because of all the attenion Brady takes from him...The arrogant jerk.....lol
Avatar

Posted: 3/14/2013 5:36 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 



DerekLarsson2 wrote:

>  "reich-wing snob" ... really? ... bringing Hitler's Germany into this discussion?

Oh geez.  This has nothing to do with "Hitler".

Is simple political satire now beyond your feeble grasp? 

The term "reich-wing", of course, is a commonly used play on words to mock American right-wing, pro-Wall-Street, pro-Empire, pro-War, pro-Occupation, pro-Police State, austerity policies (which are in fact Fascist in nature and design).

Fascism is much broader than Germany. We have it right here in the United States. Fascism = Corporatism (this is literally the definition).

But, for the record,  the CIA even Tortures human beings, and trains people in it, and then it  Jails the whistleblowers).  [   Our Founding Fathers wanted our Nation to be a land of freedom -- not some big-brother Surveillance-State, not an Empire perpetually at War around the globe (with 900 military bases in 130 Countries), and not run by crooked Banks & Corporations, for the benefit of global bankers and Corporations ].

And the right-wingers, and War-mongers like Robert Kraft happily align with those corrupt policies. 

--

And no, not all Football stadiums have U.S. Army Recruiters setup all the time trying to brainwash our kids, and get them killed in misadventures and foreign occupations overseas.  That's the Robert Kraft touch.  I agree that The U.S. Army has nothing whatsoever to do with Football here.   But Robert Kraft is the one who made the decision to conflate these two things on his own property. 


That was the whole point here.....

Wow, and I thought the first post was dumb. I get it now, the patriots are passive on the open market because the owner is essentially Ted Nugent.. makes sense
Avatar

Posted: 3/14/2013 5:55 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? Post Rating (1 vote)


From Dictionary.com:
Reich: (2) the German state, especially during the Nazi period.

You're either too young or too stupid to grasp what using that word means in the context of the coded stereotypical language you used to describe Kraft. But since I don't think you're stupid, that means you did it intentionally, which tells me exactly what sort of creature you really are.

Fascism is not the same as Corporatism. One is a subset of the other, but they aren't the same. Read your stinking history from like 1930 to 1955. Oh, right, it's easier to just make crap up and declare it as truth. Like Kraft deliberately going out of his way to place Army recruitment centers in the stadium/mall. Right. And he's out clubbing baby seals to death behind the vending stands too - hey, it could be true if I add bold and italics, right?

Oh ... and he's a Democrat, by the way. You know, the party that wants to cut military spending, not increase it. (OK ... Obama is the exception here because he wants to increase the military presence ... domestically ... but that's another issue.)

Posted: 3/14/2013 5:58 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


The Patriots have won more games in the last 10 years than any other team. They also have the most SB in the Salary cap era. If anyone thinks that Kraft is to blame, well I disagree. Sometimes you cannot get to attached to a player. You have to make tough decisions and in the end its a business.

And for the record, I live in OKC and have met a few people who know Welker and grew up with him. This deal was all about getting his money, period. He knew this was his last contract and wanted as much as he could get. I for one am glad that Patriots did not overspend for him. First it was Brown, then Welker, and now the next guy will step into the slot role.
Avatar

Posted: 3/14/2013 6:00 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 


Same with Faulk ... now there's Woody ... they always seem to find another go-to guy.

And they always keep winning. As infuriating, frustrating, confusing, and perplexing as following this team can be since RK/BB rode into town - they keep freakin' winning.

Posted: 3/14/2013 6:07 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? Post Rating (1 vote)


Great. Now I know DL2's political beliefs. That explains everything. LOL

Posted: 3/14/2013 6:08 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? 



Vinny I didn't know you lived in OKC. I have always wanted to see that part of the country.
---------------------------------------------
--- vinnybravo wrote:

The Patriots have won more games in the last 10 years than any other team. They also have the most SB in the Salary cap era. If anyone thinks that Kraft is to blame, well I disagree. Sometimes you cannot get to attached to a player. You have to make tough decisions and in the end its a business.

And for the record, I live in OKC and have met a few people who know Welker and grew up with him. This deal was all about getting his money, period. He knew this was his last contract and wanted as much as he could get. I for one am glad that Patriots did not overspend for him. First it was Brown, then Welker, and now the next guy will step into the slot role.

---------------------------------------------

Posted: 3/14/2013 7:44 PM

Re: Is Robert Kraft the Real Problem? Post Rating (1 vote)


Geez, - I take a day off and DL loses it, - DL, ... NO MORE bringing politics into ANY discussion. .... If the Pats are causing you that much heart-burn, then look for another team.

Last edited 3/14/2013 7:57 PM by Hunter07