Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

Shannon Sharpe

Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2013 3:07 PM

Shannon Sharpe 


Looks like this idiot is getting a few minutes of fame for himself off of Sunday's snub by BB:

Shannon Sharpe Taunting Patriots Fans On Twitter Days After AFC Championship Game

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2013 4:40 PM

Re: Shannon Sharpe 


Idiot with a mic

 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/24/2013 6:11 PM

Re: Shannon Sharpe 


You all disagree with Sharpe for ripping Belicheck after your HC dissed Steve Tasker for not taking part in the on the field interview after the Ravens/Pats game? From what Sharpe said, Belichick has a habit of doing this after a Patriots loss.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/24/2013 7:36 PM

Re: Shannon Sharpe 


So he shouldn't be surprised by it, then, should he? Sharpe has alway had an anti-NE bias, so F him. The only two people who's opinion on this should matter to BB are Goodell and Kraft - everything else is just the blabbering of some attention-seeking, mush-mouthed, has-been.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/25/2013 12:08 AM

Re: Shannon Sharpe 


Maybe he is just mad that Tony Gonzalez has surpass him as the best TE of all times!You mad bro?lol.Cant stand the guy.He was right though when he said that he wasnt better then his bro.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/25/2013 1:00 AM

Re: Shannon Sharpe 


He got what he wanted with the attention... Broncos lost....We got what we wanted. Put a hoof in it SS Horse head.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/25/2013 9:02 AM

Re: Shannon Sharpe 



Dreski405 wrote: You all disagree with Sharpe for ripping Belicheck after your HC dissed Steve Tasker for not taking part in the on the field interview after the Ravens/Pats game? From what Sharpe said, Belichick has a habit of doing this after a Patriots loss.

Funny, Ray Ray refused too yet, nothing was made of it by

Sharpie. What BB chooses to do is none of Sharp's business. Shannon, still running your big mouth.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/25/2013 2:04 PM

Re: Shannon Sharpe 



usernameNEP wrote:
Dreski405 wrote: You all disagree with Sharpe for ripping Belicheck after your HC dissed Steve Tasker for not taking part in the on the field interview after the Ravens/Pats game? From what Sharpe said, Belichick has a habit of doing this after a Patriots loss.

Funny, Ray Ray refused too yet, nothing was made of it by

Sharpie. What BB chooses to do is none of Sharp's business. Shannon, still running your big mouth.

Was Lewis approached about doing an interview on the field by CBS? Did not hear about that, I know he did one in the Ravens locker room with Jim Nantz. What Sharpe was saying is that Belichick has done this several times before after a Patriots loss. If that is the case, definitely not cool on BB's part. You have to be gracious in losing as you do in winning.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/25/2013 3:17 PM

Re: Shannon Sharpe Post Rating (2 votes)


After they won one of their SB's, BB told Tom Jackson - who spent considerable time that season ripping BB and the team - to GFY rather than grant a post-game interview. Sharpe is the same breed of idiot - spends a whole season looking for reasons to rip on a guy and his team, and then acts offended when they won't grant him time on-camera.

The truth is the job of the "sports analyst" has changed from that of providing an expert opinion (Steve Young is a prime example) to that of saying outlandish crap which gets people to tune in to see what moronic things gets said next (Michael Irvin is the poster child for this). 

I actually wish more NFL HC's would adopt this policy of denying access to reports who perform unprofessionally. These "commentators" have deluded themselves into thinking their opinions are news and their wardrobe affects the stock market. On-air jerks like Sharpe are going to rip on you no matter what you do - they have a personal agenda, a grudge, or in some cases probably brain damage as well. So why make their jobs easier?

If half a dozen prominent HC's stop giving interviews to Sharpe because he's a fool, then he can't do his job, and he gets canned and hopefully someone better takes his place. It's not like there's a shortage of former players who want to be announcers.

BB always makes his required press conferences, treats the Boston media very well, and will talk to any sideline/on-field reporter who conducts themselves up to his standards. The rest can GFY.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/26/2013 11:58 PM

Re: Shannon Sharpe 


^^^
Enjoyed that...Well said. And so true.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/27/2013 8:56 AM

Re: Shannon Sharpe 



Dreski405 wrote:
usernameNEP wrote:
Dreski405 wrote: You all disagree with Sharpe for ripping Belicheck after your HC dissed Steve Tasker for not taking part in the on the field interview after the Ravens/Pats game? From what Sharpe said, Belichick has a habit of doing this after a Patriots loss.

Funny, Ray Ray refused too yet, nothing was made of it by

Sharpie. What BB chooses to do is none of Sharp's business. Shannon, still running your big mouth.

Was Lewis approached about doing an interview on the field by CBS? Did not hear about that, I know he did one in the Ravens locker room with Jim Nantz. What Sharpe was saying is that Belichick has done this several times before after a Patriots loss. If that is the case, definitely not cool on BB's part. You have to be gracious in losing as you do in winning.
Dreski ~ blah2

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/27/2013 8:58 AM

Re: Shannon Sharpe 



dokgonzo wrote: After they won one of their SB's, BB told Tom Jackson - who spent considerable time that season ripping BB and the team - to GFY rather than grant a post-game interview. Sharpe is the same breed of idiot - spends a whole season looking for reasons to rip on a guy and his team, and then acts offended when they won't grant him time on-camera.

The truth is the job of the "sports analyst" has changed from that of providing an expert opinion (Steve Young is a prime example) to that of saying outlandish crap which gets people to tune in to see what moronic things gets said next (Michael Irvin is the poster child for this). 

I actually wish more NFL HC's would adopt this policy of denying access to reports who perform unprofessionally. These "commentators" have deluded themselves into thinking their opinions are news and their wardrobe affects the stock market. On-air jerks like Sharpe are going to rip on you no matter what you do - they have a personal agenda, a grudge, or in some cases probably brain damage as well. So why make their jobs easier?

If half a dozen prominent HC's stop giving interviews to Sharpe because he's a fool, then he can't do his job, and he gets canned and hopefully someone better takes his place. It's not like there's a shortage of former players who want to be announcers.

BB always makes his required press conferences, treats the Boston media very well, and will talk to any sideline/on-field reporter who conducts themselves up to his standards. The rest can GFY.

Dok ~ You are sooooooooo rite. biggrin

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/28/2013 2:22 PM

Re: Shannon Sharpe 


One word for Sharpe: Clown  Two words for his commentary: English Language.

Chance favors the Prepared Mind.

Reply | Quote
  • SaysBill
  • Five Star General
  • Rating: 3.0/5 this site
  • 1396 posts this site

Posted: 1/28/2013 7:05 PM

RE: Shannon Sharpe 


I love that Belichick is on his own program. I find his press conferences hilarious.

Having said that, he's a jerk. Unless you are an unabashed homer, you have to be able to admit that. Back in 2006, after the pats lost to the Colts in the AFC Championship Game, he gave the very press conference he refused to this time and was unbearable. He was a d*ck. From then on he has refused these press conferences. In 2007, he left the field before the game was officially over and didn't meet Coughlin on the field. I forget what happened after last year's SB, but it wouldn't surprise me if he declined the interview or was obnoxious in giving one. And now this.

I think part of what makes Belichick great is that he HATES losing. He is a poor sport. I am, too, so I have an appreciation for him. However, if he wasn't my team's coach, I would probably hate him. The Pats are disliked in most other regions of the country.

So while Sharpe is an idiot. There is a lot of truth to what he said. Outside of NE, it is easy to root against the Pats because Belichick is the way he is and the team consistently wins (jealousy).
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/28/2013 11:37 PM

RE: Shannon Sharpe 


He made arrangements with Coughlin not to meet at the center field. Coughlin was happy to oblige.

He didn't want to with Harbaugh after this last game but Coach Harbaugh wanted to so he said fine.

He is what he is. Thoughs in the know understand his lack of a show.

BooHoo to the who's who fans.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/29/2013 12:25 AM

RE: Shannon Sharpe 


I think BB has a general disdain for the media and anyone else who shows him or his team disrespect (i.e. Mangini).

if the media didn't make a spectacle of The Handshake he'd do them every time.

And the on-field interviews right at the end of a game are nothing but ambushes. What's a player or coach going to say that they're not about to say in the press conference in 10 minutes? Oh yeah, something emotional that he hasn't thought through and will boost ratings.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/29/2013 2:11 PM

RE: Shannon Sharpe 


I'm waiting for the NFL to make those on the field interviews mandatory. There is a lot of hate and jealosy regarding the Patriots and Belichick. Thats fine because that honor is usually reserved for teams that are good, that win.

Sharpe is a tool whom I am surprised still has a job. You can barely make out what he is saying half the time.

Chance favors the Prepared Mind.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/29/2013 10:19 PM

RE: Shannon Sharpe 


Well, looky here. Steve Tasker was on the radio today and BB told the network on Friday that he probably wouldn't do the interview. The Pats' media people were in contact through the whole thing and got Tasker one of the players he had asked for if BB declined.

Tasker goes on to say that BB missed an opportunity to say something about what the team had accomplished and maybe thank the fans, which is true. But he wasn't disrespected in any way, shape or form.

So Shannon Dulle and Cravens weasels can both summarily GFY.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/30/2013 7:31 AM

RE: Shannon Sharpe 



SaysBill wrote: I love that Belichick is on his own program. I find his press conferences hilarious.

Having said that, he's a jerk. Unless you are an unabashed homer, you have to be able to admit that. Back in 2006, after the pats lost to the Colts in the AFC Championship Game, he gave the very press conference he refused to this time and was unbearable. He was a d*ck. From then on he has refused these press conferences. In 2007, he left the field before the game was officially over and didn't meet Coughlin on the field. I forget what happened after last year's SB, but it wouldn't surprise me if he declined the interview or was obnoxious in giving one. And now this.

I think part of what makes Belichick great is that he HATES losing. He is a poor sport. I am, too, so I have an appreciation for him. However, if he wasn't my team's coach, I would probably hate him. The Pats are disliked in most other regions of the country.

So while Sharpe is an idiot. There is a lot of truth to what he said. Outside of NE, it is easy to root against the Pats because Belichick is the way he is and the team consistently wins (jealousy).

Sez bill ~ So Sharpie is an idiot ! - Junior what is your source on your statement that the Patriots are disliked in most other regions of the country? No. Guys like you get pissed because, yet again, New England was sooo close to going back to the SB. "In game injuries" did them in.

Last edited 2/4/2013 7:16 PM by Hunter07

Reply | Quote
  • SaysBill
  • Five Star General
  • Rating: 3.0/5 this site
  • 1396 posts this site

Posted: 2/4/2013 6:52 PM

Re: Shannon Sharpe 


Morph, I believe that I heard that these interviews are in the contracts.

NEP, I'm a diehard Pats fan (haven't missed a game since I started watching in '93). My sources? I have friends who are from other states who tell me that the Pats are generally hated where they are from. Why? Because they are so successful. It's pure jealousy. Fans love an underdog but once they have achieved sustained success, people want to see them fall. That is why they are disliked. Also mentioned, Belichick's attitude, the "tuck rule", and "rules/calls being made for Brady."

Naturally, I rebutted the tuck rule and Brady getting calls (though he likely does).

But regardless of all of this, you need to relax dude. This is a message board forum and people have different opinions. If you can't handle someone having a different opinion than you, you should either get over it or not post. No need to to start making things personal, especially when no shots were taken at you.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/6/2013 11:28 AM

Re: Shannon Sharpe 



Morpheus11 wrote: One word for Sharpe: Clown  Two words for his commentary: English Language.

Shannen 'da cannen......... biggrinbiggrin

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/6/2013 6:54 PM

Re: Shannon Sharpe 


Re the Tuck Rule preceeded Brady by quite a bit.  All you have to do is listen to Rich Gannon's explanation of the play and look at the rule. They are one and the same... except his conclusion.

 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/9/2013 1:28 PM

Re: Shannon Sharpe 


The problem is, the media mouth breathers never ask a relevant question.

Mouth Breather:   Bill, how did you feel when Steven Ridley got knocked out with Pollards helmet to helmet hit?

BB:  What!  How the &^%$ to you think I felt.

Mouth Breather:  Coach,  How do you feel after losing the division championship game?

BB:  What!  How the F$%^ to you think I feel?

The majority of the questions they ask are embarrassing and mind numbing.   In my mind there is no wonder he hates the media.  I do as well.  For BB its just hard to come up with dumb answers to dumb questions.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/9/2013 1:53 PM

Re: Shannon Sharpe 


On top of which everyone knows that there is no way in hell you get a juicy quote out of the Patriots. Ambushing them on the sidelines after the game won't change that.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/9/2013 2:53 PM

Re: Shannon Sharpe 


The more he stiffs the media, - the better I like it.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/9/2013 7:21 PM

RE: Shannon Sharpe 


GFYSDH

dokgonzo wrote: Well, looky here. Steve Tasker was on the radio today and BB told the network on Friday that he probably wouldn't do the interview. The Pats' media people were in contact through the whole thing and got Tasker one of the players he had asked for if BB declined.

Tasker goes on to say that BB missed an opportunity to say something about what the team had accomplished and maybe thank the fans, which is true. But he wasn't disrespected in any way, shape or form.

So Shannon Dulle and Cravens weasels can both summarily GFY.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/9/2013 7:43 PM

RE: Shannon Sharpe 


^^^
DH is on the baseball site.. Go tell him there.
Reply | Quote