Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >

Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB

  • DerekLarsson2
  • Five Star General
  • Rating: 2.7/5 this site
  • 1127 posts this site

Posted: 1/18/2013 10:51 PM

Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB Post Rating (4 votes)




The numbers tell the story. 

Joe Flacco has had a truly remarkable NFL career.  And yet he may just be the most overlooked, underrated, and under appreciated QB in the entire NFL.

Consider the following: 

Joe Flacco has played and started as the QuarterBack for Baltimore for all 5 of his seasons. And in each season, not only did he lead his team all the way to the Playoffs each year (5 straight times), he also won road games in each of his 5 Playoff seasons.

Joe Flacco has a Lifetime won-loss record of 54 - 26, with a Career completion percentage of approx.  61%, and a Lifetime 2 - 1 TD to Interception ratio.  And there have been no "bad" years, no "off years", just steady results.

And compare his Playoff record to Peyton Manning.  Joe Flacco has won games in every NFL post-season, with a combined record of:  7 - 4.   Peyton Manning's Playoff record is just a lackluster 8 - 11, and Manning has struck-out throughout his career with 8 "one and done" busts in the Playoffs for eight different years. 

All but the top 1% of QBs in the League would dream of numbers like this that would match what Flacco has done.  For example, these are far better, far more consistent, and far cleaner overall numbers than either Eli Manning, or Ben Roethlisberger have produced.

And on the big stage, Flacco has always played well.  Last year, for example, Flacco led a game-winning drive, on the road against the Patriots Defense, and threw a perfect game-winning TD to Lee Evans. Lee Evans just failed to hang-on to the ball (and then the FG Kicker also muffed an easy chip-shot field goal).  But Flacco clearly played well enough to be a Super Bowl Quarterback. 

Flacco is also one of the best Deep Ball throwers in the NFL, as we saw last week against Denver (the #2 rated Defense).   He won a shootout against Peyton Manning, on the road, and one where Manning was spotted 14 free gift points in advance (from kickoff runbacks).   How many other QB's could come out on top against those type of odds?

By winning five out of his nine road playoff games, Flacco has done something that neither Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Brett Favre, Terry Bradshaw, Steve Young and Troy Aikman have ever done.   Clearly by his performance and his consistent track-record, Joe Flacco has earned the right to be called an Elite QB.  And anyone who watched last week's game saw that with their own two eyes.

---

If the Houston Texans can put up 28-points against the Patriots last week, then how many points can Joe Flacco, and his group of tall, deep vertical threats, run-up on the scoreboard-?  Unlike last year, guys like Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, Anquan Boldin, and Dennis Pitta all make big plays, and they don't drop the ball.  

Fortunately the Patriots (in Brady) have the NFL's all-time Post-season game-winner as their QB, and the one guy who can keep pace with Flacco. 

Don't Expect a low-scoring game.

Joe Flacco may not be a household name, but he is the real deal.
And just like Brady, he too .... wins most all of the time....

Last edited 1/18/2013 11:44 PM by DerekLarsson2

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 11:08 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB Post Rating (3 votes)


Can you say Flacco had a better game than Brady and almost cost us the game last year DL?

Flacco has been playing great and is a very good QB. Bottom line though... If he loses...He's a loser every time he goes to an afc championship game. He breaks the hearts of his fans and he might have just reached his peak which was great..But.... Not great enough to be ELITE YET!

Last edited 1/18/2013 11:12 PM by PatManpower

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 11:40 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB Post Rating (3 votes)


Given DL's impecable track record of late (Stallworth's non-injury, Gronk's re-injury, etc.), if he's saying it's going to be a high-scoring game it'll probably end up something like 17-13.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/19/2013 12:15 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


a Lifetime 2 - 1 TD to Interception ratio.  And there have been no "bad" years, no "off years", just steady results.


Brady is about 5-1, Rogers about 4-1 and P Manning over 2-1, Flacco is a bit under 2-1. Moreover Brady, Rogers and P Manning average ~30 TDs/y Flacco averages about 20 with 25 as a high.  Steady per year yes. He has the ability to play at elite levels, but he is not steadily elite.

 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/19/2013 2:00 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


I think you will find that 98% of Ravens fans (me included) will tell you that Joe is NOT an elite QB. The guy to his credit has been clutch during the post season; this is true. However, (in my book anyway) he is still wildly inconsistent. If Joe played his first five years in the league during the regular season (especially on the road) like he has done in this year's playoffs; the Ravens would have hosted a couple of AFC title games instead of having to go on the road to places like Pittsburgh and New England and having to beat quality teams on the road to get to the superbowl.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/19/2013 3:51 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


I think Flacco is a dangerous QB,especially on the road.He did outplay Brady in the second half last year.Also in the second half this year in the regular season matchup.Anyone notice a trend?TB needs to deliver for 60 minutes against the ravens!They havent gotten any pressure on him.You need to get Flacco out of the pocket!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/19/2013 4:51 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB Post Rating (1 vote)


Note that no one here is saying Flacco is a bad QB. But he doesn't belong in the same conversation with the likes of Brady, Manning the Elder, Brees, Rodgers. He doesn't have the same level of production, consistency or efficiency. Maybe someday - maybe when Ray retires and the team needs to lean more on the offense he'll emerge - but just not now.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/19/2013 5:15 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 



dokgonzo wrote: Note that no one here is saying Flacco is a bad QB. But he doesn't belong in the same conversation with the likes of Brady, Manning the Elder, Brees, Rodgers. He doesn't have the same level of production, consistency or efficiency. Maybe someday - maybe when Ray retires and the team needs to lean more on the offense he'll emerge - but just not now.
Couldn't agree more.  A good QB, sure.  Great, at times, but overall, a bit inconsistent.  I would put him in the same category as Eli Manning.  Eli is not an elite QB.  He is a product of the system he plays in.  Eli has some good receivers as well as RBs.  Flacco has a great running back and some very good WR's.  To be elite you have to play in the type of atmosphere Brady has at times had to endured over the years.  Sometimes great, sometimes far from great.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/20/2013 12:48 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


Flacco has played great the past few weeks but has been up and down every season in all of his 5 years in the league. Great QB play at times but he's done nothing so far to give him the "Elite" status.
The time has come..... Here's to the 2014 Season.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/20/2013 10:58 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 




---------------------------------------------
--- Division wrote:

Flacco has played great the past few weeks but has been up and down every season in all of his 5 years in the league. Great QB play at times but he's done nothing so far to give him the "Elite" status.

---------------------------------------------

What about going on the road back-to-back weeks and SUBSTANTIALLY outplaying Manning and Brady?

What about having a 15-2 td/int ratio in the playoffs the last three years? With two game-winning touchdowns dropped.

What about having 12 touchdowns and 1 interception since the Ravens got rid of Cam Cameron? The same guy who, Drew Brees admitted that he kept quarterbacks from going to the next level?

What about 100+ qb rating in every playoff game this year?

What about outplaying Brady every time they've ever met?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/20/2013 11:15 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


Brady played like poop. Again. No denying it.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/21/2013 12:29 AM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 




---------------------------------------------
--- Heyward4MVP wrote:


HunkyDory wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- Division wrote:

Flacco has played great the past few weeks but has been up and down every season in all of his 5 years in the league. Great QB play at times but he's done nothing so far to give him the "Elite" status.

---------------------------------------------



What about outplaying Brady every time they've ever met?
The one game he completed 4 passes, yeah, that's all him.

He has the last 3 times.

Probably needs a SB to be considered "elite" though.

---------------------------------------------
He did in that game too. Brady had one of the worst games I've ever seen at quarterback position. His interception to Chris Carr was all-out giving the ball away because he was afraid to get hit.

And if Flacco isn't elite, than Brady certainly isn't either.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/21/2013 12:53 AM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 



HunkyDory wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- Heyward4MVP wrote:


HunkyDory wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- Division wrote:

Flacco has played great the past few weeks but has been up and down every season in all of his 5 years in the league. Great QB play at times but he's done nothing so far to give him the "Elite" status.

---------------------------------------------



What about outplaying Brady every time they've ever met?
The one game he completed 4 passes, yeah, that's all him.

He has the last 3 times.

Probably needs a SB to be considered "elite" though.

---------------------------------------------
He did in that game too. Brady had one of the worst games I've ever seen at quarterback position. His interception to Chris Carr was all-out giving the ball away because he was afraid to get hit.

And if Flacco isn't elite, than Brady certainly isn't either.
Brady was pretty bad no doubt, but Flacco was 4/10 for 31 yards or whatever it was.

Your last sentence cannot be serious....

Flacco has upped his status but he's probably gotta win the big one to get to elite status, jmo and probably others.

Congrats on the win though, glad yall win, good luck vs SF.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/21/2013 1:03 AM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB Post Rating (1 vote)


BAL plays offense entirely differently than GB, NE, DAl, IND, DEN, the NYG, ATL, DET, or almost anywhere you find so-called "Elite" QBs.
BAL plays offense like PIT & SF - they smash you in the face and piss in yer boots while yer bleeding into yer hankie.
Theirs is NOT a dink & dunk high percentage dump offense - it's a long sabre thrust to your heart followed by a slash across yer neck kind of offense.

Which is why you won't see gaudy numbers from Joe Flacco, but yer gunna see an awful lot of him in the playoffs and he's 2:1 cutting off NE's aspirations for advancement.
Get ready to see that number only get more lopsided until NE gets itself a QB who isn't afraid to take a hit.
(Can't be any revelation to NE fans that a LOT of NFL fans think Brady's "Man Card" was revoked long ago.)
BAL v NE will always be a game of attrition, with the tougher QB winning.
Mallett, now he looks like a tough guy.
I'm thinking the sooner NE puts him under Center, the better NE's chances at finally winning something other than meaningless elimination rounds.
HYATT™

Last edited 1/21/2013 1:10 AM by HYATT

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/21/2013 8:05 AM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 



dokgonzo wrote: Brady played like poop. Again. No denying it.
He was terrible period! And Belichick's defense can be best discribed as "you can't get chicken salad out of chicken __it".
And please, don't tell me next year 'cause same players, same results.blah2

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/21/2013 8:22 AM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


Hey Hyatt ~ New England had one bad game whereas yourJets, Jets, Jets, Jets, Jets will suck forever.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/21/2013 8:48 AM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 



usernameNEP wrote: Hey Hyatt ~ New England had one bad game whereas yourJets, Jets, Jets, Jets, Jets will suck forever.

Hyatt is actually a Packers fan but is a regular poster on the Jets board.  He is one of the good guys, not a troll or hater and brings quite a lot of football intelligence to the table.  I know feelings are raw but give it a pass if you can, he pulls no punches and most of the time he is right.

Last edited 1/21/2013 8:51 AM by MachinaVerde

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/21/2013 10:54 AM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 



Heyward4MVP wrote:
HunkyDory wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- Heyward4MVP wrote:


HunkyDory wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- Division wrote:

Flacco has played great the past few weeks but has been up and down every season in all of his 5 years in the league. Great QB play at times but he's done nothing so far to give him the "Elite" status.

---------------------------------------------



What about outplaying Brady every time they've ever met?
The one game he completed 4 passes, yeah, that's all him.

He has the last 3 times.

Probably needs a SB to be considered "elite" though.

---------------------------------------------
He did in that game too. Brady had one of the worst games I've ever seen at quarterback position. His interception to Chris Carr was all-out giving the ball away because he was afraid to get hit.

And if Flacco isn't elite, than Brady certainly isn't either.
Brady was pretty bad no doubt, but Flacco was 4/10 for 31 yards or whatever it was.

Your last sentence cannot be serious....

Flacco has upped his status but he's probably gotta win the big one to get to elite status, jmo and probably others.

Congrats on the win though, glad yall win, good luck vs SF.
If you're going to bring up ridiculous stats like the 31 yard performance, at least bring up the ENTIRE bag of facts.

Joe Flacco was badly injured in that game and for him to even play shows his toughness (and how hes one of the most durable, but yet top 3 toughest Qb's in the game right now, even tougher then tom'ia).

Go back to the game and watch Joe's movements, only a fool couldnt see the man was playing hurt, but please, keep bringing up that 31 yard performance to hide the fact that he consistently owns your defense & every time hes lost, its been due to "dropped passes". Lets not forget when he played in NE during the regular season, Mark Clayton dropped a pass that wouldve won the game and kept the drive going.

lol@lame attempts to bring up the game the man was hurt, Tom wouldve never even attempted to play in a game where he had a high ankle sprain & hip injury.
Posted Image
"Its like...Someone Created him on Madden."
~Jacoby on Joe~
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/21/2013 12:31 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


Sorry, I'm still not sold on Flacco. He played well but I didn't see anything Montana-esque out there from him. I'd say he's a top-10 QB in the league, but the only reason the "elite" discussion comes up is because he and his agent created it.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/21/2013 12:44 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 



dokgonzo wrote: Sorry, I'm still not sold on Flacco. He played well but I didn't see anything Montana-esque out there from him. I'd say he's a top-10 QB in the league, but the only reason the "elite" discussion comes up is because he and his agent created it.
Thats fine, and i can respect it. Just like many really dont respect NE's multiple championships that many want to portray Brady as the "sole" reason, when in all actuality he was along for the ride & it was Vinatieri & that opportunistic defense led by bruschi that were the real reasons that Brady has 3 rings, and hasnt won since.

I mean facts dont lie, 3 SB wins, and all won by the margin of 3 points. He never won a last second Sb with his arm like an Eli or a Big Ben, or Rodgers or Brees. He had the greatest kicker in the history of the league that helped him gain those rings. I didnt see anything Montana-esque from Brady in those SB wins, he just did enough to get Vinatieri in field goal range.
Posted Image
"Its like...Someone Created him on Madden."
~Jacoby on Joe~
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/21/2013 12:53 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


Yup. I've said many times on this board how much I enjoyed watching the Pats D operate during those glory years. The offense wasn't anything special then, really. But that D was insane.

What Brady's done since then - when he and Manning were rivals every year - that's pretty damn impressive.

I've also said, many many times, that this team never really recovered from losing Weis and Crennel after that 3rd SB.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/21/2013 1:08 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 



dokgonzo wrote: Yup. I've said many times on this board how much I enjoyed watching the Pats D operate during those glory years. The offense wasn't anything special then, really. But that D was insane.

What Brady's done since then - when he and Manning were rivals every year - that's pretty damn impressive.

I've also said, many many times, that this team never really recovered from losing Weis and Crennel after that 3rd SB.
I disagree, your team never recovered from losing Vinatieri, McDaniels has more then put your team in positions to win games since, its been those times when you guys needed field goals, just like in your previous Sb's, thats allowed your team to come up short. Brady cant win championships with his arm, has never done it and never will. Hes never scored a game winning TD in the playoffs if im mistaken, hes not that type of QB & he doesnt have a history of doing such.

The reason why hes been losing, is because like Philip Rivers, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning (this season), hes has to put the entire team on his back without any support from Special Teams to bail him out. Brady needs a clutch kicker in order to win an SB, he'll never be a QB like Eli or Ben that can win you a championship with his arm in the last minute of a game.
Posted Image
"Its like...Someone Created him on Madden."
~Jacoby on Joe~
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/21/2013 1:11 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


Nah ... I don't buy the Adam-V argument. The D has been in steady decline for years, forcing the team to put more and more weight on Brady's back.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/21/2013 4:50 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


I am a Pats fan and a Brady fan, but I must tip my hat to Joe Flacco.  He truly is a great quarterback.  He outplayed Brady yesterday, and the Ravens earned the victory.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/21/2013 7:12 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


"Nah ... I don't buy the Adam-V argument"
.
Bingo, - spot on. Vinny is/was a great kicker etc., no question about it - but Gost has 20 yards on him.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/21/2013 9:35 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 




---------------------------------------------
--- theravenkidd wrote:


Heyward4MVP wrote:
HunkyDory wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- Heyward4MVP wrote:


HunkyDory wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- Division wrote:

Flacco has played great the past few weeks but has been up and down every season in all of his 5 years in the league. Great QB play at times but he's done nothing so far to give him the "Elite" status.

---------------------------------------------



What about outplaying Brady every time they've ever met?
The one game he completed 4 passes, yeah, that's all him.

He has the last 3 times.

Probably needs a SB to be considered "elite" though.

---------------------------------------------
He did in that game too. Brady had one of the worst games I've ever seen at quarterback position. His interception to Chris Carr was all-out giving the ball away because he was afraid to get hit.

And if Flacco isn't elite, than Brady certainly isn't either.
Brady was pretty bad no doubt, but Flacco was 4/10 for 31 yards or whatever it was.

Your last sentence cannot be serious....

Flacco has upped his status but he's probably gotta win the big one to get to elite status, jmo and probably others.

Congrats on the win though, glad yall win, good luck vs SF.
If you're going to bring up ridiculous stats like the 31 yard performance, at least bring up the ENTIRE bag of facts.

Joe Flacco was badly injured in that game and for him to even play shows his toughness (and how hes one of the most durable, but yet top 3 toughest Qb's in the game right now, even tougher then tom'ia).

Go back to the game and watch Joe's movements, only a fool couldnt see the man was playing hurt, but please, keep bringing up that 31 yard performance to hide the fact that he consistently owns your defense & every time hes lost, its been due to "dropped passes". Lets not forget when he played in NE during the regular season, Mark Clayton dropped a pass that wouldve won the game and kept the drive going.

lol@lame attempts to bring up the game the man was hurt, Tom wouldve never even attempted to play in a game where he had a high ankle sprain & hip injury.

---------------------------------------------
Brady has played with broken ribs and a foot fracture. So yes he would have attempted to play with those injuries.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/23/2013 7:05 AM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB Post Rating (1 vote)



MachinaVerde wrote:
usernameNEP wrote: Hey Hyatt ~ New England had one bad game whereas yourJets, Jets, Jets, Jets, Jets will suck forever.

Hyatt is actually a Packers fan but is a regular poster on the Jets board.  He is one of the good guys, not a troll or hater and brings quite a lot of football intelligence to the table.  I know feelings are raw but give it a pass if you can, he pulls no punches and most of the time he is right.
I have an appointment with my shrink today. I am planning on sending the bill to Sir Brady. A gliddering studd but, with age, all that glidders is not gold.


Sorry Hyatt.biggrin

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/4/2013 2:00 AM

RE: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


Yep. He's elite. 18-2 touchdown/interception ratio in the playoffs the last three years, and that's with two dropped game-winning touchdown passes.

That is absolutely off the charts.

His last 6 playoff game quarterback ratings? 95. 97. 125. 115. 105. 124.

So people call him inconsistent, but he is amazing in the big games. Historically amazing.

Last edited 2/4/2013 2:02 AM by HunkyDory

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/4/2013 8:56 AM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 



usernameNEP wrote:
MachinaVerde wrote:
usernameNEP wrote: Hey Hyatt ~ New England had one bad game whereas yourJets, Jets, Jets, Jets, Jets will suck forever.

Hyatt is actually a Packers fan but is a regular poster on the Jets board.  He is one of the good guys, not a troll or hater and brings quite a lot of football intelligence to the table.  I know feelings are raw but give it a pass if you can, he pulls no punches and most of the time he is right.
I have an appointment with my shrink today. I am planning on sending the bill to Sir Brady. A gliddering studd but, with age, all that glidders is not gold.


Sorry Hyatt.biggrin
username you are awesome, seriously biggrin

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/7/2013 3:00 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


Flacco is the most inconsistent QB in the league! Get that trash out of here. I love the blinders people have about this guy just because he's won a few playoff games. He's been the QB in the worst game ever played by 2 QB's, the worst 2 games ever played by a QB, the widest swing in Good QBR vs Bad QBR games..

The defense that he's had for his entire career should have yielded that franchise multiple SB wins. Period. The amount of points that offense needed to put up vs what that defense would allow is minuscule  No QB in the NFL had the luxury of how little was needed to be done for his team to win.

He had a good playoff run this season. Bully for him. I dont forget what he does in the regular season (you know, that thing you have to play in to get to the playoffs).

This article pretty much sums up my thoughts on Flacco.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/7/2013 3:36 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


I hope he becomes the Highest Paid Elite QB In The Universe. That should pork the Ravens' CAP situation with gusto.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/7/2013 4:38 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 



BradyIsMyHero wrote: Flacco is the most inconsistent QB in the league! Get that trash out of here. I love the blinders people have about this guy just because he's won a few playoff games. He's been the QB in the worst game ever played by 2 QB's, the worst 2 games ever played by a QB, the widest swing in Good QBR vs Bad QBR games..

The defense that he's had for his entire career should have yielded that franchise multiple SB wins. Period. The amount of points that offense needed to put up vs what that defense would allow is minuscule  No QB in the NFL had the luxury of how little was needed to be done for his team to win.

He had a good playoff run this season. Bully for him. I dont forget what he does in the regular season (you know, that thing you have to play in to get to the playoffs).

This article pretty much sums up my thoughts on Flacco.
At least he doesn't kick like a girl.  Seriously.  Flacco just turned in argueably the best postseasion performance by a QB in NFL history.  That is certainly worth something.

Sublimely Self-Righteous

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/7/2013 4:39 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


It's true Flacco has played well in the post season.  But at 10-6 this year there is potential for them to miss the playoffs completely next year.  Look at what happened to the elite "Eli Manning" and the Giants this year.

Superbowl winning free agents tend to jump on big money rather than give hometown discounts.  We already know that Ray's presence in the locker room will be a hit.  6 Teams in the AFC allowed fewer points including the 7-9 Dolphins and the 8-8 Steelers.  Flacco himself threw only 22 TD's while accounting for 14 turnovers (10 int's and 4 lost fumbles).  While TB was 32/8.

On top of that The Bengals are improving and the Steelers should be able to get healthy and right their ship and at the same time the Colts will improve.  So figuring that barring major turnover or injuries the Texans, Pats and Broncos are pretty stable in their divisions leaving the other 4 teams to fight over 2 spots. 

I do give the Ravens the benefit of the doubt and say they will make the playoffs next year.
It is the NFL...Not a knitting class.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/7/2013 5:17 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


Hell no he isn't elite.

He had one of the best QB runs in playoff history but doesn't change the fact he's still way too inconsistent to be elite.

Elite is Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, and Brees.

People expect those QB's to produce 280-300 yards, and 2-3+ TD's each week.

You could argue Big Ben or Eli too but those 4 are the elite of the elite. Doesn't change the fact Flacco is still WAY too inconsistent be elite. Even in the regular season, he had a rather pedestrian season overall.

Top 10, sure, but elite, not a chance in hell.

And i hope they make him the highest paid QB in the league, will really hurt them cap-wise, and they're hurting now.

Supposedly only have 1.1 mil in cap room as it stands now.

Last edited 2/7/2013 5:28 PM by Heyward4MVP

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/7/2013 10:01 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 



GalenSevinne wrote:
At least he doesn't kick like a girl.  Seriously.  Flacco just turned in argueably the best postseasion performance by a QB in NFL history.  That is certainly worth something.

He's unquestionably turned in 2 of the worst QB performances in the history of the NFL.. That is certainly worth something.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/7/2013 10:15 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


Falco isn't just "elite" - he's "uberlite" - beyond elite. The Ravens need to pay him $30M per year, contractually guaranteed money, for the next 10 years. That's how awesome he is. 

With a bonus if he trips a guy from the sidelines - that clause is a must because if he's going to risk getting a bruise on his shin from doing that, he needs to be compensated.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/7/2013 11:46 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


Just wait till Flacco flakes go to his head.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/8/2013 12:04 AM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


"Til"? He hadn't taken his jockstrap off from the game before he and his agent were crowing about how he should be the highest paid QB in the league.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/8/2013 11:43 AM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 


Why stop at 30mil a year guaranteed.  He should get 45 Mil as he single handedly carried the other 52 players on the team to the superbowl and won it for them.  Or at least he and his agent would like us to think that.
It is the NFL...Not a knitting class.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/9/2013 1:57 PM

Re: Why Joe Flacco Is An Elite QB 



BradyIsMyHero wrote: Flacco is the most inconsistent QB in the league!

This article pretty much sums up my thoughts on Flacco.
Ok, lets all forget that we are passionate fans who support our favorite team.  Then read BradyIMH's posted article.   There has been alot of facts and stats thrown out by many but they are like a Rush Limbaugh rant.  They are only meant to support the rant and do not support reality.

This is a very good and convincing article.    If Flacco is still in the league playing ball after 12 or 13 years and he has amassed the same caliber of accomplishments that Tommy Terrific and Gayton Manning have,  Then  we might consider him elite.  

I'll say it again.  Flacco is a Eli Manning caliber of QB and Eli is not even close to being elite.  They have both had some luck through their short career's but continue to lack constantly great play.

If Flacco does a repeat next year I might consider him on his way to elite status but ya have to repeat the great play for more than a couple of games over a couple of years.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >