Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

WOW-Gronk

Posted: 11/18/2012 9:53 PM

WOW-Gronk 


breaks his forearm....per espn.
damn
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8650833/s ource-rob-gronkowski-breaks-forearm-new-england-pa triots-win
http://www.yankeesource.com/images/mrgsig.png
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 10:09 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


Oh crap. He's out 4-6 weeks.
Reply | Quote
  • Jay02
  • Private
  • Rating: 2.9/5 this site
  • 41 posts this site

Posted: 11/18/2012 10:11 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


fox sports says he out for season
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 10:17 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


All these people have a lot to say, but the Patriots have not said anything yet. How about we wait until the Team reports what his status is?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/18/2012 10:22 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


hope its all bs...
K1770PW wrote: All these people have a lot to say, but the Patriots have not said anything yet. How about we wait until the Team reports what his status is?
http://www.yankeesource.com/images/mrgsig.png
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 10:23 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


Rodney said he had the same injury and there is no way Gronk will play. Harrison said he couldn't even sleep let alone play.

The New England Patriots' huge win over the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday came with a big price.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports that Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski broke his forearm during the game and is telling people he'll be out 4 to 6 weeks, according to a source close to the Patriots says Gronkowski had 137 yards and two touchdowns before leaving the game, which will be tough production to replace. Fellow Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez hasn't played since Week 7 because of an ankle injury, but is believed to be close to returning to the field. Visanthe Shiancoe and Julian Edelman figure to pick up snaps with Gronkowski out, but this is a brutal blow for the top-ranked New England offense.Gronkowski was seen going to the Patriots' locker room late in the fourth quarter with what was an undisclosed injury. Rapoport confirms the injury took place on an extra point try with under five minutes left.

The time has come and gone, Here's to the 2014 Season.

Last edited 11/18/2012 10:28 PM by Division

Reply | Quote
  • DerekLarsson2
  • Five Star General
  • Rating: 2.8/5 this site
  • 1112 posts this site

Posted: 11/18/2012 10:29 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


 


How did this happen?  I didn't see any actual play where he appeared to get injured.

He obviously had a big day ( 135 yards, 2 TDs), but something must of happened right at the end of the game...... what?....

I remember they announced that he was heading to the locker room early, but no details were given at the time...

Anyone know what happened?

This is a huge blow to their Playoff chances .....

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 10:30 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 



DerekLarsson2 wrote:

 


How did this happen?  I didn't see any actual play where he appeared to get injured.

He obviously had a big day ( 135 yards, 2 TDs), but something must of happened right at the end of the game...... what?....

I remember they announced that he was heading to the locker room early, but no details were given at the time...

Anyone know what happened?

This is a huge blow to their Playoff chances .....

Rapoport confirms the injury took place on an extra point try with under five minutes left.
The time has come and gone, Here's to the 2014 Season.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 10:43 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


From what I see on Twitter, there was some scrapping after the PAT - maybe the Colts went after Gronk, not sure - but that's when it happened.

Every feed I follow says 4-6 weeks. So he should be back for the 1st playoff game. The rest may do him good, he's been nursing multiple injuries. If they start post season with Gronk healthy, rested, and hungry - that's a good thing.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 10:48 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


Why is the best TE in the league blocking for extra points, blowout or not?
Division wrote:
DerekLarsson2 wrote:

 


How did this happen?  I didn't see any actual play where he appeared to get injured.

He obviously had a big day ( 135 yards, 2 TDs), but something must of happened right at the end of the game...... what?....

I remember they announced that he was heading to the locker room early, but no details were given at the time...

Anyone know what happened?

This is a huge blow to their Playoff chances .....

Rapoport confirms the injury took place on an extra point try with under five minutes left.
I've heard it both ways.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 11:00 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 



GCBen wrote: Why is the best TE in the league blocking for extra points, blowout or not?
Division wrote:
DerekLarsson2 wrote:

 


How did this happen?  I didn't see any actual play where he appeared to get injured.

He obviously had a big day ( 135 yards, 2 TDs), but something must of happened right at the end of the game...... what?....

I remember they announced that he was heading to the locker room early, but no details were given at the time...

Anyone know what happened?

This is a huge blow to their Playoff chances .....

Rapoport confirms the injury took place on an extra point try with under five minutes left.
Why is Gronk and other starters even playing with a lead like that with 5 mins to go.
The time has come and gone, Here's to the 2014 Season.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/18/2012 11:48 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


Ridiculous if it was on an extra point play.What in the world is he doing out there in the first place.My problem with this injury is that Hernandez hasnt looked 100 percent even when he was on the field and healthy.This offense is gonna have to start runing the ball effectively.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 7:46 AM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


BB gets what he deserves as far as I am concerned. He always runs up the score, and he has been very lucky previously when it comes to injury. Gronk NEVER should have been in this game. BB WAS running up the score...the Patriots were up 52-24 with five minutes left ( or whatever it was ), and they were THROWING the ball. This is running up the score. Once again BB's arrogance hurts this team.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 8:26 AM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


What a shame. Who's got the bad Luck now? Last time it may have cost New England a SB.

Running it up?? SO WHAT ....................after all they are the Colts!

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 9:40 AM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


You play hard and its got to be expected that injuries happen.  If you key in on the Gronk during a game you know he plays at 100%.  Ya just hope that no injuries occur.

I broke the small radial bone in my forearm and it took more than 6 weeks to completely heal but then again,  I live in rural NH and don't have the Pats medical staff to put me on the right track.

Pats got the Texans and 49ers in week 14 / 15.  All there other games look like wins so if they can make sure Hernandez is right for game 14 and 15 they have a chance to sweep them all.  I'd hate to see them go into the Texans and 9ers without a first line TE.  Then again,  maybe MYMY Shicon-a or HooieHooie if given some play time will end up working out.

Good thing they kept 5 TEs on the roster.

Last edited 11/19/2012 9:48 AM by hddcrash

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2012 10:21 AM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


Any chance they bring in Plaxico.Idk.It sounds desperate but who knows.We will see just how much this offense is affected now.
Reply | Quote
  • sakes
  • Five Star General
  • Rating: 3.2/5 this site
  • 1058 posts this site

Posted: 11/19/2012 11:48 AM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


During last year's playoffs, the NY Giants beat the Green Bay Packers and the SF 49ers and were at the top of their game defensively.  Frankly, we did a decent job moving the ball against them with a decoy Gronk playing. 


It'll be much harder but we have Lloyd and a better running game.  Also, the Jets don't have Revis and 3 days instead of 6 to gameplan against us (which Rex does very well at).  We really have no excuses if we lose on Thurdsay. 

Reply | Quote
  • DerekLarsson2
  • Five Star General
  • Rating: 2.8/5 this site
  • 1112 posts this site

Posted: 11/19/2012 12:27 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk Post Rating (2 votes)



Putting Gronk in for extra point plays is ridiculous, especially given the score.

I have no problem with the Offense passing, or trying to move the ball when they are ahead.  Either you finish games or you do not, and the challange for any Football team is to be able to play 60-full-minutes well at high-intensity and execute well.  Doing that gives a team a certain confidence, and a swagger, to be able to compete in the tougher games. So that's fine...I'm not concerned about "running up the score". 

But the issue here is the foolish lack of substitutions.

You simply don't need to put the superstars out on the field for extra-point plays.  It's an automatic play anyway!!  And up by 30+points, this is totally indefensible.

They've got 4 TEs!!  Use them.....

Last edited 11/20/2012 1:23 PM by DerekLarsson2

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2012 1:35 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


Chandler Jones also left the game with an injury.Havent heard much about him.ohlord
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2012 2:48 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


They're saying Gronk is out 4-8 weeks now ... up from 4-6 ... so, knowing Gronk, that probably means he's back doing walk-thru's in 3 weeks and playing in 5.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 6:01 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


I'm taking the optimistic view with this for now...that he'll be fine come playoff time. It might be a blessing in disguise.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 6:21 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


It's not like they have second and third team extra point units.  Gronk happens to be on that  unit, so he was out there.  It's not like you say hey we have a big lead let's put our backup extra point team out there.  Nobody complains about it until he gets hurt.  The chances of getting hurt on an extra point are extremely slim.  But that's football.  Things like this happen.  Cursing BB for having Gronk out there on an extra point is just silly.
**
**
“I don’t have a response. If I had a response to everything that people said about me or us, then I’d be busy all freaking day responding to things." -- Tom Brady, September 2007
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/19/2012 6:23 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


And to anyone who asks why the Pats were still throwing the ball and trying to score in the 4th quarter with a big lead, I ask this... Have you been watching the Pats 4th quarter defense lately?  That should answer it for you.
**
**
“I don’t have a response. If I had a response to everything that people said about me or us, then I’d be busy all freaking day responding to things." -- Tom Brady, September 2007
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/19/2012 10:51 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


Bad luck? The Pats are just lucky it wasn't Brady. Running up the score with the starters exposes those starters to injury. 
usernameNEP wrote: What a shame. Who's got the bad Luck now? Last time it may have cost New England a SB.

Running it up?? SO WHAT ....................after all they are the Colts!

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/20/2012 5:26 AM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


Ya it's far better to pout on your helmet on the sidelines.

 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/20/2012 7:33 AM

Re: WOW-Gronk 



HunterSTomlinson wrote: Bad luck? The Pats are just lucky it wasn't Brady. Running up the score with the starters exposes those starters to injury. 
usernameNEP wrote: What a shame. Who's got the bad Luck now? Last time it may have cost New England a SB.

Running it up?? SO WHAT ....................after all they are the Colts!

HUmmmm...........now there's a name from the past !  So, you guy's got "jack" to cheer about so come over here and tell us what we are doing wrong???  Nice to know you finally got out of the witness protection program and, welcome to New England's board.biggrin

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/20/2012 7:53 AM

Re: WOW-Gronk 




---------------------------------------------
--- TNPatsFan wrote:

And to anyone who asks why the Pats were still throwing the ball and trying to score in the 4th quarter with a big lead, I ask this... Have you been watching the Pats 4th quarter defense lately?  That should answer it for you.

---------------------------------------------

Really TN? They were up 52-24 with five minutes left and were STILL throwing the ball. The game was WELL in hand at that point.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/20/2012 10:01 AM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


Running up the Score.  Who ever came up with that 5th quarter quote never played the game.   Football is no different than any other sport.  You think a score of 15 to 1 in baseball is thought of as running up the score?  I think not.

The term is used by poor sports and whiners.    You never never ever let up in a game.  As soon as you do you end up becoming complacent with a 7 point win.

I say, "No way Hernandez".  Play ball for the entire 60 minutes (180+ with commercials).   Running up the score is so much crap.  There is no running up the score any more than there should be pulling your starters because its a field goal or extra point attempt.

This debate never came up before because someone of the Gronks caliber seldom gets hurt on a field goal/extra point.  Its there job.  They get payed millions of dollars to play the game.

The only thing the Running up the score or playing your starters the whole game debate ever achieves is it allows the BB detractors a forum to unload useless banter.

I suppose that useless banter includes mine.  Pissa,,,,,,,Its Good times in football land.
Reply | Quote
  • sakes
  • Five Star General
  • Rating: 3.2/5 this site
  • 1058 posts this site

Posted: 11/20/2012 11:22 AM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


Ya, I pretty much agree with all of this. I get the argument about injuries but if the Patriots get wiped out and are unprepared to play, I don't think that these athletes who make millions before the age of 30 should be pitied just because they sucked so much during one of their 16 work days that the game is well decided after 3 quarters.


---------------------------------------------
--- hddcrash wrote:

Running up the Score.  Who ever came up with that 5th quarter quote never played the game.   Football is no different than any other sport.  You think a score of 15 to 1 in baseball is thought of as running up the score?  I think not.

The term is used by poor sports and whiners.    You never never ever let up in a game.  As soon as you do you end up becoming complacent with a 7 point win.

I say, "No way Hernandez".  Play ball for the entire 60 minutes (180+ with commercials).   Running up the score is so much crap.  There is no running up the score any more than there should be pulling your starters because its a field goal or extra point attempt.

This debate never came up before because someone of the Gronks caliber seldom gets hurt on a field goal/extra point.  Its there job.  They get payed millions of dollars to play the game.

The only thing the Running up the score or playing your starters the whole game debate ever achieves is it allows the BB detractors a forum to unload useless banter.

I suppose that useless banter includes mine.  Pissa,,,,,,,Its Good times in football land.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
  • DerekLarsson2
  • Five Star General
  • Rating: 2.8/5 this site
  • 1112 posts this site

Posted: 11/20/2012 1:20 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk Post Rating (1 vote)




> "It's not like they have second and third team extra point units.  Gronk happens to be on that  unit, so he was out there."

Not true.  There is no reason on earth why Daniel Fells, or one of the other 2 TEs (whose names I can't pronounce or spell) can't be blocking on a simple extra-point play.  They're also Football players too.  Use them.

The extra-point play is the simplist play in all of Football.  You do not need to put your team's few Superstars in those 11 positions for that play.  This is a low-skill play.  It's almost an automatic play.  Kicking a 2-yard conversion is a piece of cake. 

You use your high-skill players for the high-skill plays.
The reason why you have a 55 man Roster, is for the other low-skill plays (and substitutions).

Given that Gronk plays such a big role (between blocking and pass routes) in every single Offensive snap, he should be spelled and relieved on Kickoffs, Punts, Extra-Points, and special teams chores.   We did not pay this guy $50 Million Dollars to be a special team player. 

His high-skill-level talent belongs applied to the times when Tom Brady is on the field with him.

Last edited 11/20/2012 4:35 PM by DerekLarsson2

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/20/2012 2:57 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


still no explanation as to how he got hurt?
http://www.yankeesource.com/images/mrgsig.png
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/20/2012 4:04 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


I full-on in favor of playing it to the end.  Doesn't mean it has to be Brady, but they can't sub in 22 players.

 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/20/2012 5:48 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 



DerekLarsson2 wrote:

> "It's not like they have second and third team extra point units.  Gronk happens to be on that  unit, so he was out there."

Not true.  There is no reason on earth why Daniel Fells, or one of the other 2 TEs (whose names I can't pronounce or spell) can't be blocking on a simple extra-point play.  They're also Football players too.  Use them.

The extra-point play is the simplist play in all of Football.  You do not need to put your team's few Superstars in those 11 positions for that play.  This is a low-skill play.  It's almost an automatic play.  Kicking a 2-yard conversion is a piece of cake. 

You use your high-skill players for the high-skill plays.
The reason why you have a 55 man Roster, is for the other low-skill plays (and substitutions).

Given that Gronk plays such a big role (between blocking and pass routes) in every single Offensive snap, he should be spelled and relieved on Kickoffs, Punts, Extra-Points, and special teams chores.   We did not pay this guy $50 Million Dollars to be a special team player. 

His high-skill-level talent belongs applied to the times when Tom Brady is on the field with him.
  What's this WE s^*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/20/2012 5:51 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 



DerekLarsson2 wrote:

> "It's not like they have second and third team extra point units.  Gronk happens to be on that  unit, so he was out there."

Not true.  There is no reason on earth why Daniel Fells, or one of the other 2 TEs (whose names I can't pronounce or spell) can't be blocking on a simple extra-point play.  They're also Football players too.  Use them.

The extra-point play is the simplist play in all of Football.  You do not need to put your team's few Superstars in those 11 positions for that play.  This is a low-skill play.  It's almost an automatic play.  Kicking a 2-yard conversion is a piece of cake. 

You use your high-skill players for the high-skill plays.
The reason why you have a 55 man Roster, is for the other low-skill plays (and substitutions).

Given that Gronk plays such a big role (between blocking and pass routes) in every single Offensive snap, he should be spelled and relieved on Kickoffs, Punts, Extra-Points, and special teams chores.   We did not pay this guy $50 Million Dollars to be a special team player. 

His high-skill-level talent belongs applied to the times when Tom Brady is on the field with him.
He's been on that team for at least the last two seasons and nobody every complained about it.  Now all of a sudden it's a problem?  And NO, you don't just throw anybody out there on special teams just because you have a lead.  You put the guys out there who know what they are doing.  Just ask the Jets and Tim Tebow if they think you can put any old player out there who has no experience doing it.  You get blocked punts/kicks for touchdowns when you try that.
**
**
“I don’t have a response. If I had a response to everything that people said about me or us, then I’d be busy all freaking day responding to things." -- Tom Brady, September 2007
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/20/2012 6:06 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


Each and every guy on those teams has a specific task to do on each and every play.The opposition tries to fool these guys into making a mistake that they can exploit  and take advantage of.One mistake can cost a team the game.That's all I've got!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/20/2012 6:12 PM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


They had a 3rd and 7 with 5:32 left in the game and threw a short pass for a first down.  It was the last pass they threw in the game.  They only threw four passes in the whole 4th quarter.  So yeah, I don't really see what the problem is with that.

Jimbothekid wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- TNPatsFan wrote:

And to anyone who asks why the Pats were still throwing the ball and trying to score in the 4th quarter with a big lead, I ask this... Have you been watching the Pats 4th quarter defense lately?  That should answer it for you.

---------------------------------------------

Really TN? They were up 52-24 with five minutes left and were STILL throwing the ball. The game was WELL in hand at that point.
**
**
“I don’t have a response. If I had a response to everything that people said about me or us, then I’d be busy all freaking day responding to things." -- Tom Brady, September 2007

Last edited 11/20/2012 6:20 PM by TNPatsFan

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/21/2012 6:48 AM

Re: WOW-Gronk 



TN we will have to agree to disagree apparently. There was no reason for the Patriots to be throwing on third down, period. It is dumb anyway because throwing the ball takes less time on the clock. If all the Patriots did was run the ball and they still scored that is a different story. No TD, no extra point, no injury. There is no question it was a fluke injury, but they shouldn't have been throwing the ball.
---------------------------------------------
--- TNPatsFan wrote:

They had a 3rd and 7 with 5:32 left in the game and threw a short pass for a first down.  It was the last pass they threw in the game.  They only threw four passes in the whole 4th quarter.  So yeah, I don't really see what the problem is with that.

Jimbothekid wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- TNPatsFan wrote:

And to anyone who asks why the Pats were still throwing the ball and trying to score in the 4th quarter with a big lead, I ask this... Have you been watching the Pats 4th quarter defense lately?  That should answer it for you.

---------------------------------------------

Really TN? They were up 52-24 with five minutes left and were STILL throwing the ball. The game was WELL in hand at that point.


---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/21/2012 7:37 AM

Re: WOW-Gronk 


My Gawd I can't believe it, - we're fighting about winning a game. - It IS FOOTBALL, not golf, - BOTH teams are supposed to "go for it", ... on both offense & defense, for 60 minutes. "Being nice" isn't in the rule book, - at least yet. The fact there was an injury to an important player is unfortunate, but it's part of the game. He was simply doing what he's supposed to do,  - he is on the team after all.

Last edited 11/21/2012 7:39 AM by Hunter07

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/21/2012 9:14 AM

Re: WOW-Gronk 



Hunter07 wrote: My Gawd I can't believe it, - we're fighting about winning a game. - It IS FOOTBALL, not golf, - BOTH teams are supposed to "go for it", ... on both offense & defense, for 60 minutes. "Being nice" isn't in the rule book, - at least yet. The fact there was an injury to an important player is unfortunate, but it's part of the game. He was simply doing what he's supposed to do,  - he is on the team after all.
Well here go's on my 2c worth. Isn't the premise of this thread and discussion, to determine IF he should have been out there in the first place? Yes, thats a risk that should never have been taken. Thank you King Belichick.  As another posted so aptly pointed out, 50 mil golden boys whose team is sporting an unsurmountible(sp) lead, have no buz out there in the first place. That should include an aging Sir Brady, too. Who, by the way, has a surpurlative(sp) game >300 yds and 3 TD's.
For a coach and organization who are supposed to be prepared with back-ups and bench strength, our golden boy sits for up to 6 weeks. Go figa'

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/21/2012 11:35 AM

Re: WOW-Gronk Post Rating (1 vote)


This is all about "second guessing" something that's already happened. - If a few know in advance who should be out there - say so before a play or game, not after.  Whining after the fact - doesn't take much insight. The mere fact that we're ahead DOES NOT mean top players should become spectators. - Through out the league, how many times have we heard about some team scoring 2-3 touchdowns in just a few minutes? Fumbles, interception, good run backs, ... it's NOT something unusual. Forget there's a brake pedal.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >