Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

OT: Andy Dalton contract extension

Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 10:18 AM

OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 


From me and Adam Caplan: Cincinnati and Bengals QB Andy Dalton reached agreement on a 6-year, $115 million contract, per two sources.



Holy smokes, you'd think the guy just came off a Super Bowl MVP season or something devil

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SBsteelerfan wrote:
 uggh no, im not dense.  according to this dui was for marijuana not alcohol.  so no, he wouldnt have been arrested if weed were legal.


Last edited 8/4/2014 10:28 AM by DeltaRaven

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 10:48 AM

Re: OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 


In another 2-3 years Flaccos contract is going to look like a bargin
...and don't call me Shirley
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 11:13 AM

Re: OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 


Not only has Cincinnati not won a playoff game under Marvin or Dalton. But, the team has yet to deal with so called starts getting their real pay day. Green, Burfict, Bernard, and many others will force the cheapest owner in the league, Mike Brown to finally manage the cap. Up until the last CBA, the Bengals would never spend to the cap ceiling.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 11:43 AM

Re: OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 


Wonder if he gets an incentive for not tripping over his feet and falling on his face in the playoffs.wink

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 12:10 PM

Re: OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 



21XXXV wrote: Not only has Cincinnati not won a playoff game under Marvin or Dalton. But, the team has yet to deal with so called starts getting their real pay day. Green, Burfict, Bernard, and many others will force the cheapest owner in the league, Mike Brown to finally manage the cap. Up until the last CBA, the Bengals would never spend to the cap ceiling.
They also never had talent worth paying
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SBsteelerfan wrote:
 uggh no, im not dense.  according to this dui was for marijuana not alcohol.  so no, he wouldnt have been arrested if weed were legal.


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 12:15 PM

Re: OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 



TheOrioleWay wrote: Wonder if he gets an incentive for not tripping over his feet and falling on his face in the playoffs.wink
I think Matt Ryan and Tony Romo both had that clause put into their recent extensions pirate
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SBsteelerfan wrote:
 uggh no, im not dense.  according to this dui was for marijuana not alcohol.  so no, he wouldnt have been arrested if weed were legal.


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 12:16 PM

Re: OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 



DeltaRaven wrote:
21XXXV wrote: Not only has Cincinnati not won a playoff game under Marvin or Dalton. But, the team has yet to deal with so called starts getting their real pay day. Green, Burfict, Bernard, and many others will force the cheapest owner in the league, Mike Brown to finally manage the cap. Up until the last CBA, the Bengals would never spend to the cap ceiling.
They also never had talent worth paying
Watch what they wish for...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 12:17 PM

Re: OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 


poor marvin...

PROUD PSL OWNER SECTION 111.
YOUR LOCAL EMBROIDERY COMPANY.
 VOTED BY THE RAVENS FRONT OFFICE A TOP 10 FAN 2005

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:13 PM

Re: OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 



braven98 wrote: poor marvin...
What is the record for longest tenured coach with out a playoff win?
...and don't call me Shirley
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:31 PM

Re: OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 




I'll call Cincinnati and get back to you on that . . .  tongue


(Prolly Jack Del Rio.)



If you ain't the lead dog . . . 
           don't complain about the view . . .

Last edited 8/4/2014 2:35 PM by Paulie1

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:57 PM

Re: OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 


I read where thats not exactly right. More like 6 years $96 million.

I think incentives like winning the Super Bowl,  could push it to $115 million.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 3:51 PM

Re: OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 



The Bengals have had choice and multiple draft picks early for a while now,  the Browns have had what, 2 first rounders and a multitude of second day picks for like 37 years? 

It is about time those franchises capitalized on those picks,  or not.
 
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 4:08 PM

Re: OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 



Paulie1 wrote:

I'll call Cincinnati and get back to you on that . . .  tongue


(Prolly Jack Del Rio.)
Nope Del Rio did win one in 2007.

Marvin sits alone with this distinction....

Link
He took a franchise that was in a 15-year playoff drought to the playoffs four times in the last eight years.

That's all well and good but Lewis has not won a playoff game in his 10 previous seasons in Cincinnati. As a matter of fact, he is the longest tenured coach in NFL history (164 games, and counting) without a single playoff win.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 5:58 PM

Re: OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 


It's hard to comprehend - could you imagine Baltimore is harbaugh was on year TEN with no playoff wins?
...and don't call me Shirley
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 7:01 PM

Re: OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 


How about the 6 years they didn't even go to the playoffs?! The Ravens missed by 1 game last year and all hell broke loose on this board.

Back to Dalton...does anyone think he actually has what it takes to push through to the next level? A lot of folks like to compare him to Joe with the whole "he just wins" narrative, but would anyone here honestly take him over Flacco? Contracts aside, I'm talking purely arm talent and decision making with the game on the line? And without A.J Green?!

How many would take Romo here without Dez and Witten?
Stafford without Calvin Johnson?
Cutler without Marshall and Jeffries?
Ryan without Julio, Roddy and Tony G?

I think the way the Ravens structured Joe's contract could cause them potential cap issues down the road, but I think he was worth the money they signed him for. Not making any excuses for his periodic bonehead plays or his once a year 3-4 int game, but I would love to see what Joe could do with any of those weapons the QBs above have been playing with.

The 5 guys above, I just don't see how they are worth 100 million dollar contracts. Top notch weapons and abysmal performances with games on the line or against the best the league has to offer. I know the market is skewed for the qb position but those guys should all be on Kaepernick type deals.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 9:19 PM

Re: OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 


In the last couple of years it has often said that Cincinnati has the best talent in the AFCN.  That may well be true.  In any case, Dalton's performance in the playoffs has had a lot to do with his teams failure to advance in the playoffs.  So at this point, I'm pleased that the Bengals have hitched their star to Dalton.  And given the fact that a lot of that young talent will be coming up for contract renewal soon, my guess is that the talent level on the Bengals has peaked, and will begin to decline in a year or two.
Reply | Quote
  • Mohara
  • Raven Veteran
  • 4348 posts this site

Posted: 8/4/2014 9:54 PM

Re: OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 


After Flacco got his new contract and everyone was going crazy I knew this would happen.  As all these so called better QB's get their new contracts, Joe is starting to look like a bargain.  He set the Market.  We won't be in that bad a shape compared with the rest of the league except maybe for guys on their rookie contracts.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 10:31 PM

Re: OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 



Redstuff wrote: In the last couple of years it has often said that Cincinnati has the best talent in the AFCN.  That may well be true.  In any case, Dalton's performance in the playoffs has had a lot to do with his teams failure to advance in the playoffs.  So at this point, I'm pleased that the Bengals have hitched their star to Dalton.  And given the fact that a lot of that young talent will be coming up for contract renewal soon, my guess is that the talent level on the Bengals has peaked, and will begin to decline in a year or two.
Someone on the Browns board broke Dalton down pretty well. He's Peyton Manning lite. Thrives in ideal conditions, folds when he's pressured. Get pressure in his face early and he never recovers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SBsteelerfan wrote:
 uggh no, im not dense.  according to this dui was for marijuana not alcohol.  so no, he wouldnt have been arrested if weed were legal.


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/5/2014 12:32 AM

Re: OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 



Mohara wrote: After Flacco got his new contract and everyone was going crazy I knew this would happen.  As all these so called better QB's get their new contracts, Joe is starting to look like a bargain.  He set the Market.  We won't be in that bad a shape compared with the rest of the league except maybe for guys on their rookie contracts.
I agree and the cap is going to explode soon
...and don't call me Shirley
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/5/2014 1:17 AM

Re: OT: Andy Dalton contract extension 



DiscoJamal wrote:
Mohara wrote: After Flacco got his new contract and everyone was going crazy I knew this would happen.  As all these so called better QB's get their new contracts, Joe is starting to look like a bargain.  He set the Market.  We won't be in that bad a shape compared with the rest of the league except maybe for guys on their rookie contracts.
I agree and the cap is going to explode soon
2015 should see an increase like 2014, and then back to a slow but steady increase.
 
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >