Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 10  Next >

Do not underestimate the Browns this year!

Posted: 5/8/2013 12:16 AM

Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 


For the first time in 14 years, the Browns have a new ownership.With this ownership brings a passion for winning.An ownership that won't take losing as an option.

Over the past three years, great pieces have been added to a team that has lacked for soo many seasons.With the likings of Joe Haden, T.J Ward, Mitchell Schwatz, and wide receiver Josh "flash" Gordon, who put up almost 900 yards last season.Oh, Did I forget Trent Richardson?

Just to put a small list of players up to show just how talented this team is, let's not forget, these guys are on second and third seasons now:

Defense:
Desmond Bryant-very good, pass rush expert.
Phill Taylor-big 335 body, great tackler, first round pick
Ahtyba Rubin-big body, leading tackler three years in a row.
Paul Kruger, good rusher
DQwell Jackson, leader, leader, leader
James Michael Johnson, great tackler,  a lot like D.Jackson.
Barkevious Mingo, pass rush expert, first rounder.
Jaball Sheard, pass rush expert, second round pick, 9 sacks last year.
Joe Haden, one of the NFL's top CBs
THis years number 4 overall in the third round...CB McFadden.
Offense:
Josh Gordon, 900 yards last year
Davone Bess, big time playe maker in Miami....800 yards last season with missing 3 games.WR from Buffalo, David Nelson....had 700 yards the last few years...big bodied, sure handed WR.....6ft 6 230lbs...great hands.3rd down guy.

Greg Litte...big bodied guy...two solid season of NFL experience under his belt...640 yards last year, 750 year 2011....as a rookie.Should do better under Norv Tuner.
Trent richardson
Joe Thomas, and the rest of our good O-line.TE Jordan Cameron...loved how he caught the ball last year....this will be year three...light should really come on...former basketball player, huge, 6ft 5 1/2 255.Runs a 4.5. THen Weeden...Okay...had a decent rookie year..threw for 3,400 yards....Should turn the corner big time with being coached by Norv Turner.....I expect a decent year....maybe 3,500-4000 yards twenty something TD's....Don't be surprised if the browns have a very good year....Tird of Pukesburgh fans talking smack......I see Baltimre one, cincy two, and Browns and Steelers actually competing for the third spot in the divison.....With the new ownership....I feel the Browns doom and gloom days are over....weve acutally had a few solid years of drafting talent.
Chud told team "I don't care what's happened here in the past; it's a new time;
it's a fresh start & we're building right now

Last edited 5/8/2013 12:20 AM by oldbrown1949

Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/8/2013 1:33 AM

RE: Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 


Believe it or not I root for the Browns every year in the hope y'all will shut the hell up for once.
Baltimore Ravens 2014 mojo!  Here we go!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/8/2013 1:36 AM

RE: Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 


LOL.
akacrow wrote: Believe it or not I root for the Browns every year in the hope y'all will shut the hell up for once.
Chud told team "I don't care what's happened here in the past; it's a new time;
it's a fresh start & we're building right now
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/8/2013 5:28 AM

RE: Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 


I would hope so after as many Top 5 picks you've accumulated over the years. Can you imagine Ozzie in that position year in and year out? We would have another handful of HOF's in Purple n Black.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/8/2013 6:29 AM

Re: Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 


I don't care if the Browns have 21 all pro's. You got a bum at quarterback and yall coming in last again this year,
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/8/2013 7:02 AM

Re: Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 



SpankyJohnson wrote: I don't care if the Browns have 21 all pro's. You got a bum at quarterback and yall coming in last again this year,
+1 The Browns have a lot of talent, but they are still going to run old man Weeden out as the starting QB.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/8/2013 7:24 AM

Re: Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 



Paintballguy wrote:
SpankyJohnson wrote: I don't care if the Browns have 21 all pro's. You got a bum at quarterback and yall coming in last again this year,
+1 The Browns have a lot of talent, but they are still going to run old man Weeden out as the starting QB.
True, but the Ravens were still a pretty good football team when we were trotting out Kyle Boller.  They aren't ready to win a Super Bowl with Weeden, but they can still be a good team with him as long as the other parts are good.  You can win a lot of games with a very stout defense and a good running game.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/8/2013 7:30 AM

RE: Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 


I'll give you guys a little more credit than some others on here. Our defense was poor last year and if Little had caught some of those drop balls you probably would have split with us. The Browns are closer than most people think to being a 9 or 10 game winner. Solid defense and O-line, you need a WR that can catch and a better QB, I hear Tebow is available...sorry couldn't resist
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/8/2013 7:30 AM

Re: Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 


Cleveland=North Cincinnati

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/8/2013 7:41 AM

Re: Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 



rantnrav wrote:
Paintballguy wrote:
SpankyJohnson wrote: I don't care if the Browns have 21 all pro's. You got a bum at quarterback and yall coming in last again this year,
+1 The Browns have a lot of talent, but they are still going to run old man Weeden out as the starting QB.
True, but the Ravens were still a pretty good football team when we were trotting out Kyle Boller.  They aren't ready to win a Super Bowl with Weeden, but they can still be a good team with him as long as the other parts are good.  You can win a lot of games with a very stout defense and a good running game.
Yes but the Browns shouldn't even be mentioned in the same category as the Ravens. The Ravens win rings while the Browns win the award for being the bottom dwellers of the NFL. **** the Browns and that **** hole city.

Last edited 5/8/2013 7:42 AM by Paintballguy

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/8/2013 7:51 AM

Re: Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 


The browns seem to always play a good game but somehow always manage to lose it in the last quarter... I personally unlike a lot of people on this board believe in the any given Sunday line of thought.... Any NFL team is capable of winning at anytime... I bet if we lose to you just one game people will say it was because it was our fault instead of giving credit that you fielded a good team that day... I do not believe that your team will be last in our division this year and that you may even go as high as 2nd place in our division... I am for one sure that your team will give us a great game and it will come down to who finishes well in the fourth quarter to determine the outcome... Could be the first time in the Flacco era where you finally get the win....
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/8/2013 8:03 AM

Re: Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 


Obviously you care about your team, and as a proud Browns fan, you should. The Browns are a tough team to like for many reasons.

- Ownership being at the top of the list.

I don't think despite how Goodell tried to sweep it Flying J/Pilot Truck-Stops under the rug during his Draft Bonanza Weekend, it's going to get ugly. The FBI, and the Fed's don't get involved unless there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. And this investigation has been going on for some time.

The Browns do have talent on both sides of the ball. I still see a void at TE, QB and despite your explanation, the secondary is weak. Having Richardson try to run without leading with his head will also be interesting..

Here's a request. Beat the Bengals and the Steelers. Then, you can write all you want and probably be received with more support.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/8/2013 8:15 AM

Re: Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 



oldbrown1949 wrote: For the first time in 14 years, the Browns have a new ownership.With this ownership brings a passion for winning.An ownership that won't take losing as an option.

Over the past three years, great pieces have been added to a team that has lacked for soo many seasons.With the likings of Joe Haden, T.J Ward, Mitchell Schwatz, and wide receiver Josh "flash" Gordon, who put up almost 900 yards last season.Oh, Did I forget Trent Richardson?

Just to put a small list of players up to show just how talented this team is, let's not forget, these guys are on second and third seasons now:

Defense:
Desmond Bryant-very good, pass rush expert.
Phill Taylor-big 335 body, great tackler, first round pick
Ahtyba Rubin-big body, leading tackler three years in a row.
Paul Kruger, good rusher
DQwell Jackson, leader, leader, leader
James Michael Johnson, great tackler,  a lot like D.Jackson.
Barkevious Mingo, pass rush expert, first rounder.
Jaball Sheard, pass rush expert, second round pick, 9 sacks last year.
Joe Haden, one of the NFL's top CBs
THis years number 4 overall in the third round...CB McFadden.
Offense:
Josh Gordon, 900 yards last year
Davone Bess, big time playe maker in Miami....800 yards last season with missing 3 games.WR from Buffalo, David Nelson....had 700 yards the last few years...big bodied, sure handed WR.....6ft 6 230lbs...great hands.3rd down guy.

Greg Litte...big bodied guy...two solid season of NFL experience under his belt...640 yards last year, 750 year 2011....as a rookie.Should do better under Norv Tuner.
Trent richardson
Joe Thomas, and the rest of our good O-line.TE Jordan Cameron...loved how he caught the ball last year....this will be year three...light should really come on...former basketball player, huge, 6ft 5 1/2 255.Runs a 4.5. THen Weeden...Okay...had a decent rookie year..threw for 3,400 yards....Should turn the corner big time with being coached by Norv Turner.....I expect a decent year....maybe 3,500-4000 yards twenty something TD's....Don't be surprised if the browns have a very good year....Tird of Pukesburgh fans talking smack......I see Baltimre one, cincy two, and Browns and Steelers actually competing for the third spot in the divison.....With the new ownership....I feel the Browns doom and gloom days are over....weve acutally had a few solid years of drafting talent.
Screw the Browns. Because of the Browns the AFC North is always a dogfight until the very end. Here's the Browns formula:

Browns vs Pittsburgh: Bend over and spread buttcheeks with a sign that says "THIS A WAY -->"

Browns vs Baltimore: Play like your lives depend on it
Reply | Quote
  • mdnjdevil
  • Raven Starter
  • 1922 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 5/8/2013 9:01 AM

Re: Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 


I don't see it.  As someone mentioned above I don't see a legit QB and I don't see any receivers to throw the ball to.

This leaves it to Trent Richardson, who I like, but I don't think that he can bear that load alone.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/8/2013 9:16 AM

Re: Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 


Who are the Browns?
"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with I shall not put." - Winston Churchill
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/8/2013 9:27 AM

Re: Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 


Poor Browns....they never learn.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/8/2013 9:27 AM

RE: Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 


It's a new season. A new roster. A new owner. But it's still Cleveland. Until Art Modell is in Canton, Cleveland isn't winning anything.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!

Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/8/2013 9:47 AM

RE: Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 


They have Joe Thomas, Trent Richardson, Joe Haden, and an average front 7.

That's a good start, but not enough to finish strong in the playoffs.
Reply | Quote
  • riprulz8
  • Raven Starter
  • 1618 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 5/8/2013 9:55 AM

Re: Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 



oldbrown1949 wrote: For the first time in 14 years, the Browns have a new ownership.With this ownership brings a passion for winning.An ownership that won't take losing as an option.

Over the past three years, great pieces have been added to a team that has lacked for soo many seasons.With the likings of Joe Haden, T.J Ward, Mitchell Schwatz, and wide receiver Josh "flash" Gordon, who put up almost 900 yards last season.Oh, Did I forget Trent Richardson?

Just to put a small list of players up to show just how talented this team is, let's not forget, these guys are on second and third seasons now:

Defense:
Desmond Bryant-very good, pass rush expert.
Phill Taylor-big 335 body, great tackler, first round pick
Ahtyba Rubin-big body, leading tackler three years in a row.
Paul Kruger, good rusher
DQwell Jackson, leader, leader, leader
James Michael Johnson, great tackler,  a lot like D.Jackson.
Barkevious Mingo, pass rush expert, first rounder.
Jaball Sheard, pass rush expert, second round pick, 9 sacks last year.
Joe Haden, one of the NFL's top CBs
THis years number 4 overall in the third round...CB McFadden.
Offense:
Josh Gordon, 900 yards last year
Davone Bess, big time playe maker in Miami....800 yards last season with missing 3 games.WR from Buffalo, David Nelson....had 700 yards the last few years...big bodied, sure handed WR.....6ft 6 230lbs...great hands.3rd down guy.

Greg Litte...big bodied guy...two solid season of NFL experience under his belt...640 yards last year, 750 year 2011....as a rookie.Should do better under Norv Tuner.
Trent richardson
Joe Thomas, and the rest of our good O-line.TE Jordan Cameron...loved how he caught the ball last year....this will be year three...light should really come on...former basketball player, huge, 6ft 5 1/2 255.Runs a 4.5. THen Weeden...Okay...had a decent rookie year..threw for 3,400 yards....Should turn the corner big time with being coached by Norv Turner.....I expect a decent year....maybe 3,500-4000 yards twenty something TD's....Don't be surprised if the browns have a very good year....Tird of Pukesburgh fans talking smack......I see Baltimre one, cincy two, and Browns and Steelers actually competing for the third spot in the divison.....With the new ownership....I feel the Browns doom and gloom days are over....weve acutally had a few solid years of drafting talent.
In beating the Bengals and Steelers I wish you well,
But every other week you can go to hell.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/8/2013 10:20 AM

RE: Do not underestimate the Browns this year! 


We should ban opposing fans like the clowns board does.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 10  Next >