Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT

Posted: 1/15/2013 8:41 PM

It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 



http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/schedule/NE

I'm serious. Take a close look at their schedule and tell me who they have beaten? With the exception of Houston I do not see a "quality" win on the whole schedule. they did beat Denver on Oct 7 by 10 points. But that was before Denver was in a groove and found their way. Loss at home to ARIZONA. The Jets took them to OT in NE & Mark Sanchez threw for 328 yards. Chad Henne put up 348 against them. Any "tight" game against a good team they got beat. The rest of the schedule is them blowing out bum teams.

My friends are big Pats fans and I have been telling them for a cpl of years that all of these blowout wins DO NOT IMPRESS ME. I actually consider those bad wins. Gives them a false sense of confidence. If you've never been in a dog fight then how do you know how to win one? They don't. Lee Evans & Billy Cundiff are the sole reason they won last year. And if you look at the schedule that was the last real tough game they were in that they won. I remember on Thanksgiving my friend was going crazy while they blew out the Jets. Kept telling me "Great Win, Great Win". I told him those wins would cost them in the playoffs. Those wins that make the "experts" drool, make the public in awe, and make the line come out at 9.5 are the exact reason they lost to the Giants in the Superbowl. Why they should have lost to us last year & why they will lose to us on Sunday.

The Ravens are battle tested and been through more adversity than most teams ever could imagine. I'm starting to think this could be like 2009 all over again. Ravens are gonna go in their and blow the doors off them.

Last edited 1/15/2013 8:47 PM by Ravens401

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/15/2013 9:18 PM

RE: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


I like what you're selling! Can't wait for Sunday.

Unfortunately it will still be very hard because we all know Brady will be bailed out by at least one bogus illegal contact/defensive holding.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/15/2013 10:00 PM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 



Ravens401 wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/schedule/NE

I'm serious. Take a close look at their schedule and tell me who they have beaten? With the exception of Houston I do not see a "quality" win on the whole schedule. they did beat Denver on Oct 7 by 10 points. But that was before Denver was in a groove and found their way. Loss at home to ARIZONA. The Jets took them to OT in NE & Mark Sanchez threw for 328 yards. Chad Henne put up 348 against them. Any "tight" game against a good team they got beat. The rest of the schedule is them blowing out bum teams.

My friends are big Pats fans and I have been telling them for a cpl of years that all of these blowout wins DO NOT IMPRESS ME. I actually consider those bad wins. Gives them a false sense of confidence. If you've never been in a dog fight then how do you know how to win one? They don't. Lee Evans & Billy Cundiff are the sole reason they won last year. And if you look at the schedule that was the last real tough game they were in that they won. I remember on Thanksgiving my friend was going crazy while they blew out the Jets. Kept telling me "Great Win, Great Win". I told him those wins would cost them in the playoffs. Those wins that make the "experts" drool, make the public in awe, and make the line come out at 9.5 are the exact reason they lost to the Giants in the Superbowl. Why they should have lost to us last year & why they will lose to us on Sunday.

The Ravens are battle tested and been through more adversity than most teams ever could imagine. I'm starting to think this could be like 2009 all over again. Ravens are gonna go in their and blow the doors off them.
Excellent point. Houston sucks. They should have lost to the Bengals. Ed Reed controls that back end, and with our horses up front, we should win. Remember, Sizzle did not play in the first game! I repeat Sizzle did not play!  Use the NFC West Template and we smash these whores!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/15/2013 10:05 PM

RE: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


Week 5 let downs don't happen in the playoffs...this is going to be a heavy weight fight and if we're still standing in the 4th quarter we may have a chance for a knockout
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/15/2013 10:47 PM

RE: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


Patriots have no pass rush.  We have all seen how Flacco can carve up teams like that.

Ravens pass rush has gone into Playoff mode, along with the Defense.

This game could get ugly in a hurry.  I can just picture Brady pleading with the Officials

already.

I believe the Ravens were the 4 seed back in 2000. That was the AFCCG against Oakland,

when Goose squished Gannon.  Deja Vu
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/16/2013 12:35 AM

RE: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


When I imagine this game.... I just can't picture an easy game, or a NE team playing "soft."

I can however picture Ngata squishing Brady, so hopefully that happens.

We're in for a slugfest again this week. I swear these playoffs, and especially last game have been like a Rocky fight.
 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/16/2013 1:10 AM

RE: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


I don't see how you all can dismiss the Patriots. We've only beaten them comfortably once. And their defense is better now. No chance we catch them asleep this time.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/16/2013 6:43 AM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


pats are a very smart team...they understand game situations...we have to beat them physically, and mentally....

BUT, it helps them, and their record year after year to get to play Buffalo, miami, and NYJ twice a season...

"Got a cover of Sports Illustrated..it says the Titans are the best team in football...maybe they are...but not today" Brian Billick

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/16/2013 8:21 AM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


You guys are nuts if you think we're blowing the Patriots out. Like our rivalry with the Steelers, every game comes down to the last possession. The teams know each other very well.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/16/2013 8:29 AM

RE: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


canonian1 wrote: I don't see how you all can dismiss the Patriots. We've only beaten them comfortably once. And their defense is better now. No chance we catch them asleep this time.
They have the 25th ranked Defense. We just hung up 38 on the 2nd ranked defense in Denver. We also just held the #4 offense to 21 points in over 5 quarters. I am not scared of this Pats team.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/16/2013 8:29 AM

RE: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 



canonian1 wrote: I don't see how you all can dismiss the Patriots. We've only beaten them comfortably once. And their defense is better now. No chance we catch them asleep this time.

I have heard this all week, and I have to say that Im confused. Im fully not understanding how the Pansies have beefed up their defense just by adding Talib...please elaborate

         

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/16/2013 8:48 AM

RE: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


I like everyones confidence. We can beat the Pats. We have done it before. I like the fact that their pass rush could be hampered a little in this game. Not having to deal with that beast Gronkowski is nice too. That said, they are still the Pats. This is gonna be a really tough win to get. I still think we pull it out, but by no more that 3-4 points.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/16/2013 9:07 AM

RE: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


How will their pass-rush be hampered?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/16/2013 9:32 AM

RE: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 



21XXXV wrote: How will their pass-rush be hampered?
Ninkovich is the only real attacking DE they have since Chandler will be hobbled with an ankle injury. Collectively, I think I saw that they had 14 sacks. So McK and Oher could have their hands full once again with Ninko, but without those 2 working in tandem, their rush should be hampered

         

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/16/2013 9:33 AM

RE: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 



BuckinRavenstown wrote:
21XXXV wrote: How will their pass-rush be hampered?
Ninkovich is the only real attacking DE they have since Chandler will be hobbled with an ankle injury. Collectively, I think I saw that they had 14 sacks. So McK and Oher could have their hands full once again with Ninko, but without those 2 working in tandem, their rush should be hampered
They really didn't have much with Chandler in there too. I think his ankle injury is slowing him down or something.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/16/2013 9:41 AM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


Bill Bellichick will have a great game plan to exploit our weaknesses and frustrate Flacco.  Don't be fooled by their ranking or that you think they don't have a pass rush.  They will have a plan to give us fits on both sides of the ball.  Coaching will play a larger part than normal in this game.  Won't be simply execution as people like to say.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/16/2013 9:54 AM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


Its all about Vince Wilfork.  Control him, and we beat them pretty easily.  Yeah, respect the Pats, blah blah blah

But I remember 3 years ago in the wildcard round blowing them out because the pass rush was there, the blitz was getting home, and we could run the ball.

That that was with an injured, younger Flacco.

Not trying to jynx it, but with Caldwell calling it, we've been setting franchise record playoff offensivive efforts.   And the Pats defense is NOT the broncos defense.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/16/2013 10:06 AM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


I have no doubts the Ravens can beat the Pats.
The only think they can't POSSIBLY do is beat themselves with dumb penalties.
The Ravens have to play smart, hard nosed football..
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/16/2013 10:09 AM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


Michael Oher ruled Chandler Jones, Mckinnie will too. This Ninko cat will be a non factor.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/16/2013 11:21 AM

RE: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


Right...let's not act like Denver fans did last week.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/16/2013 2:16 PM

RE: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 



BuckinRavenstown wrote:
canonian1 wrote: I don't see how you all can dismiss the Patriots. We've only beaten them comfortably once. And their defense is better now. No chance we catch them asleep this time.

I have heard this all week, and I have to say that Im confused. Im fully not understanding how the Pansies have beefed up their defense just by adding Talib...please elaborate
We have beaten them comfortably only ONCE. Their defense is better than it was in the AFCCG, particularly against the run. Your optimism is not based on anything REAL.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/16/2013 3:30 PM

RE: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 



BuckinRavenstown wrote:
canonian1 wrote: I don't see how you all can dismiss the Patriots. We've only beaten them comfortably once. And their defense is better now. No chance we catch them asleep this time.

I have heard this all week, and I have to say that Im confused. Im fully not understanding how the Pansies have beefed up their defense just by adding Talib...please elaborate
Simple, they're playing better, more cohesive.  This is the M.O. of the hoodie's teams.  By January, they're playing fundamentally sound, well coached ball.  The coaches have honed in, a little better, on what works well with the pieces they have.  They will have a gameplan that will challenge us in different ways than our first meeting.  If there's one thing they're good at is making the game a real chess match.

Not related to Buck's comment, I really think that anyone seeing a clear advantage for us, or a soft team ready to be run over in this game is just kidding themselves.  Someone mentioned earlier that it's like playing Pittsburgh, they can be down on talent, busted up and look off their game, but they're going to play us tough.  This is the reality.  Some fans may be looking at the Pats as softer than usual, and maybe they're not quite what they were in years past, but I can guarantee the coaching staff and the players are thinking anything but.
 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/16/2013 3:55 PM

RE: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 



TonyZXT wrote: 

Simple, they're playing better, more cohesive.  This is the M.O. of the hoodie's teams.  By January, they're playing fundamentally sound, well coached ball.  The coaches have honed in, a little better, on what works well with the pieces they have.  They will have a gameplan that will challenge us in different ways than our first meeting.  If there's one thing they're good at is making the game a real chess match.

Not related to Buck's comment, I really think that anyone seeing a clear advantage for us, or a soft team ready to be run over in this game is just kidding themselves.  Someone mentioned earlier that it's like playing Pittsburgh, they can be down on talent, busted up and look off their game, but they're going to play us tough.  This is the reality.  Some fans may be looking at the Pats as softer than usual, and maybe they're not quite what they were in years past, but I can guarantee the coaching staff and the players are thinking anything but.

I'm not kidding myself at all.

No one is saying its going to be an easy game.  Thats hyperbole I dont think anyone is saying.

Saying the Pats are soft - thats pretty true.  They, like the Broncos, play in the softest 2 divisions in the AFC.  Both divisions send 1 team to the playoffs - their division champion.  Thats it.  The other 3 teams in teh West and the East were basically between mediocre and incompetent.

Their defense has some more names and young talent, but just let and under-manned Texans offense hang 28 on them.  

They are succeptible to the run, and to chunk passing.

We don't turn it over, and I honestly thing we have a chance to run away with this thing.  Just have to execute.

And yes, they are soft.  They are a finesse offense with young, maybe up and coming, defense.  But certainly not one to fear.   If we can't score on them, its on OUR offense.  Only proven impact guy they truly have is Wilfork.  Him and a bunch of young bucks trying to figure it out.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/16/2013 9:57 PM

RE: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


If I were a gambling man, I'd say that the Patriots have a slightly better chance of beating us, mainly because of their homefield advantage. But I think it's absolutely absurd that they're giving us 9 points, that's about about as much as we had against the Broncos.  I'd say 2.5 to 3 would be more logical.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/17/2013 3:47 PM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/...photos/12678856


Yep, they're soft alright.  Look at what Stevan Ridley decided to wear  because he was cold.  Real football players would simply walk outside in sub-zero weather, wind blowing, and hail falling from the sky and comment that it looks like a beatiful day to throw the rock around for a few hours.

This guy?  He decides to put on his "staying warm" outfit when it's a balmy 35 with light wind and snow.  At 35, I'll put on a sweatshirt and gloves.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!

Last edited 1/17/2013 3:47 PM by cvilleRaven

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/17/2013 3:56 PM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 



cvilleRaven wrote: http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/...photos/12678856


Yep, they're soft alright.  Look at what Stevan Ridley decided to wear  because he was cold.  Real football players would simply walk outside in sub-zero weather, wind blowing, and hail falling from the sky and comment that it looks like a beatiful day to throw the rock around for a few hours.

This guy?  He decides to put on his "staying warm" outfit when it's a balmy 35 with light wind and snow.  At 35, I'll put on a sweatshirt and gloves.
Must be photoshoped, what's that bag he's carrying? OMG, were did he get that outfit from?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/17/2013 4:15 PM

RE: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 



ClericBlackDave wrote:
TonyZXT wrote: 

Simple, they're playing better, more cohesive.  This is the M.O. of the hoodie's teams.  By January, they're playing fundamentally sound, well coached ball.  The coaches have honed in, a little better, on what works well with the pieces they have.  They will have a gameplan that will challenge us in different ways than our first meeting.  If there's one thing they're good at is making the game a real chess match.

Not related to Buck's comment, I really think that anyone seeing a clear advantage for us, or a soft team ready to be run over in this game is just kidding themselves.  Someone mentioned earlier that it's like playing Pittsburgh, they can be down on talent, busted up and look off their game, but they're going to play us tough.  This is the reality.  Some fans may be looking at the Pats as softer than usual, and maybe they're not quite what they were in years past, but I can guarantee the coaching staff and the players are thinking anything but.

I'm not kidding myself at all.

No one is saying its going to be an easy game.  Thats hyperbole I dont think anyone is saying.

Saying the Pats are soft - thats pretty true.  They, like the Broncos, play in the softest 2 divisions in the AFC.  Both divisions send 1 team to the playoffs - their division champion.  Thats it.  The other 3 teams in teh West and the East were basically between mediocre and incompetent.

Their defense has some more names and young talent, but just let and under-manned Texans offense hang 28 on them.  

They are succeptible to the run, and to chunk passing.

We don't turn it over, and I honestly thing we have a chance to run away with this thing.  Just have to execute.

And yes, they are soft.  They are a finesse offense with young, maybe up and coming, defense.  But certainly not one to fear.   If we can't score on them, its on OUR offense.  Only proven impact guy they truly have is Wilfork.  Him and a bunch of young bucks trying to figure it out.

You may be right, you may not. All I know is Brady's offense is good for at least 28 themselves. I don't expect our D to hold Brady to just 21 the way they did Manning. Brady has better weapons and is more in his natural environment. Also unlike Manning, Brady also isn't a choker and one of the best Playoff QBs in NFL history. Luckily though, we have a QB in Flacco who is on his way to establishing himself as a dominant playoff QB too.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/17/2013 6:42 PM

RE: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 



RavenDomination wrote:
 
You may be right, you may not. All I know is Brady's offense is good for at least 28 themselves. I don't expect our D to hold Brady to just 21 the way they did Manning. Brady has better weapons and is more in his natural environment. Also unlike Manning, Brady also isn't a choker and one of the best Playoff QBs in NFL history. Luckily though, we have a QB in Flacco who is on his way to establishing himself as a dominant playoff QB too.
Brady does not have better weapons, but like you say he is a better clutch QB and has a very good HC who will do anything to gain an advantage. The irony is that they haven't won since Brady was a game manager. 

My worry is Wilfork. We've tried to move him, and the other big boys, laterally before, but we haven't managed. Birk is just overmatched against him and their LBs are good open field tacklers if we try to run at the edges.

My other worry is stopping their running game. For the first time in years they have a decent running game.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/17/2013 7:07 PM

RE: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 



ClericBlackDave wrote:
TonyZXT wrote: 

Simple, they're playing better, more cohesive.  This is the M.O. of the hoodie's teams.  By January, they're playing fundamentally sound, well coached ball.  The coaches have honed in, a little better, on what works well with the pieces they have.  They will have a gameplan that will challenge us in different ways than our first meeting.  If there's one thing they're good at is making the game a real chess match.

Not related to Buck's comment, I really think that anyone seeing a clear advantage for us, or a soft team ready to be run over in this game is just kidding themselves.  Someone mentioned earlier that it's like playing Pittsburgh, they can be down on talent, busted up and look off their game, but they're going to play us tough.  This is the reality.  Some fans may be looking at the Pats as softer than usual, and maybe they're not quite what they were in years past, but I can guarantee the coaching staff and the players are thinking anything but.

I'm not kidding myself at all.

No one is saying its going to be an easy game.  Thats hyperbole I dont think anyone is saying.

Saying the Pats are soft - thats pretty true.  They, like the Broncos, play in the softest 2 divisions in the AFC.  Both divisions send 1 team to the playoffs - their division champion.  Thats it.  The other 3 teams in teh West and the East were basically between mediocre and incompetent.

Their defense has some more names and young talent, but just let and under-manned Texans offense hang 28 on them.  

They are succeptible to the run, and to chunk passing.

We don't turn it over, and I honestly thing we have a chance to run away with this thing.  Just have to execute.

And yes, they are soft.  They are a finesse offense with young, maybe up and coming, defense.  But certainly not one to fear.   If we can't score on them, its on OUR offense.  Only proven impact guy they truly have is Wilfork.  Him and a bunch of young bucks trying to figure it out.

The way I see it, they always show up in the post-season, and are always a tough out.  Regardless of a soft schedule, or somewhat mediocre regular season play.  Is their defense softer than past years?  Sure.  But to expect them to play soft in this game, or not to give us trouble like a tough division opponent is too cocky IMO.  I will say this; It is possible for us to come out and punch them in the mouth on Sunday.  Better believe that's what I'm dying to see!  However, it's much more likely that they'll step up and play like a team that's not as soft as they appear on paper.  They've shown their ability to do that more than a couple times before.
 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/17/2013 8:05 PM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


http://nesn.com/2012/10/stevan...teammates-phot/

 
It's not just Ridley. They all wear Telletubby Pajamas. Punch these guys in the mouth.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 10:09 AM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


Saying the Patriots are soft and have a week schedule coming from Raven fans are funny. First off the Ravens defense is soft and is like watching a back yard pick up game at the local nursing home. And if you look at the schedule the Patriots played more playoff teams then the Ravens this year. Just a fact. Let the game play out but i say 34-21 Pats.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 10:52 AM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 



philsxxxx wrote: Saying the Patriots are soft and have a week schedule coming from Raven fans are funny. First off the Ravens defense is soft and is like watching a back yard pick up game at the local nursing home. And if you look at the schedule the Patriots played more playoff teams then the Ravens this year. Just a fact. Let the game play out but i say 34-21 Pats.

The only "old" guys are lewis and reed. And your precious team got to play the bills, jets and dolphins twice this year.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 11:09 AM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


Just let the game play out. Im just not worried about the Ravens in the least bit. They don't scare me at all. Thats all. Hope its a good game.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 11:29 AM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


And just to comment on how good the Ravens defense is and how bad the Patriots defense is. Here are some numbers. Total points giving up by Ravens 344, by Patriots 331. Rushing yards giving up by Ravens 1,965, by Patriots 1,630. And points per game giving up Ravens 21.5, by Patriots 20.7. The Ravens do hold a advantage of yards per by game by about 20 yards. So that the Raven fans can say they are a so much better defense is crazy. And lets not even bring up the offense.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 11:36 AM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 



philsxxxx wrote: Total points giving up by Ravens 344, by Patriots 331. Rushing yards giving up by Ravens 1,965, by Patriots 1,630. And points per game giving up Ravens 21.5, by Patriots 20.7. 
Did you seriously just list total points and points per game as two separate statistics?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 11:44 AM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 



philsxxxx wrote: And just to comment on how good the Ravens defense is and how bad the Patriots defense is. Here are some numbers. Total points giving up by Ravens 344, by Patriots 331. Rushing yards giving up by Ravens 1,965, by Patriots 1,630. And points per game giving up Ravens 21.5, by Patriots 20.7. The Ravens do hold a advantage of yards per by game by about 20 yards. So that the Raven fans can say they are a so much better defense is crazy. And lets not even bring up the offense.

You want to look at the numbers a little more closely next time.

Rushing yards per carry - Patriots 3.92 (415 carries, 1630 yards), Ravens 3.99 (492 carries, 1965 yards)
Total yards per play - Patriots 5.7, Ravens 5.2
First Downs allowed - Patriots 21.2, Ravens 20.4
Penalties - Patriots 101/932, Ravens 107/929

And this is with you playing the NFC West - YOU LOST TO ARIZONA!  AT HOME!  And you lost to the 49rs.  AT HOME!  You had big margins of victory over the Bills, Jets, Colts, and Rams.  Congratulations - that's what makes a dominant team - completely obliterating bad opponents rolleyes.  We beat you once this year, we'll do it again.  Why?  Because Tom Brady and the rest of the Patriots are SOFT!  Sure, you'll score points.  But not enough.  Not this time.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 11:47 AM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 



philsxxxx wrote: Saying the Patriots are soft and have a week schedule coming from Raven fans are funny. First off the Ravens defense is soft and is like watching a back yard pick up game at the local nursing home. And if you look at the schedule the Patriots played more playoff teams then the Ravens this year. Just a fact. Let the game play out but i say 34-21 Pats.
There were a bunch of uneducated Broncos fans that called the Ravens defense old too.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 11:48 AM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 



edreedisgod20 wrote:
philsxxxx wrote: Total points giving up by Ravens 344, by Patriots 331. Rushing yards giving up by Ravens 1,965, by Patriots 1,630. And points per game giving up Ravens 21.5, by Patriots 20.7. 
Did you seriously just list total points and points per game as two separate statistics?

That's the kind of tardedness you're dealing with talking to Pats homers.

Boston / New England is a BASEBALL town / region.  As soon as the Pats lose Sunday, they'll be thinking back to Red Sox.

The level of football knowledge up there is low, because so many fans are bandwagon fans who haven't learned much about the game.   I lived up there 7 years and it was miserable - not because they were opposing fans, but just because the level of football discourse up there was like YBR on its worst day, but 24x7, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/18/2013 11:51 AM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


the Broncos had one of the top defenses in the NFL this year.. That worked well for them last week..

One thing fans need to understand.. It's the playoffs. You can toss the regualr season stats right out the window..

The onlt one that counts is the score when the clock hits 0:00
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/18/2013 11:51 AM

Re: It's a FACT, The Patriots are SOFT 


As for the Pats being soft, their offense is missing its biggest playmaker - Gronk.

Hernandez has talent, but he isn't nearly as consistent as Gronk, and isn't the same matchup problem.

Here is how the Ravens lose the game:

Turnovers (more than one)

Can't stop the run (meaning our defense is soft and can't get off the field)

Can't score 24 or more (which means we have failed at performing against a mediocre defense)

I see predictions showing Pats scoring in the 30's or 40's.  I just don't see it that way.  Reed has knack against the pats, and for all the injuries our secondary had, its underrated. I trust Graham v. Welker right now.  Straight up.

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >