Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era...

  • BMann
  • Raven Veteran
  • 4204 posts this site

Posted: 1/6/2013 9:18 PM

Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 


...to win a playoff game in 5 straight seasons.  And Harbs is the first coach to do so.  Ya know, some say that it's Super Bowl or Bust when it comes to grading coaches and QBs, but being at the stadium today reminded me that individual wins can be pretty awesome, too.  We've been fortunate to enjoy a LOT of wins over the past 5 years, and I'm not sure all of my fellow Ravens fans really appreciate our success over that period, just cuz we haven't gotten back to the Super Bowl.

Today was so much fun - in some ways, it was more enjoyable than the Super Bowl win in 2001, as this was in our stadium, filled with screaming Ravens fans, possibly the loudest I've heard the place.  Yes, a championship parade is the ultimate thrill, but sending Ray off in style in our home stadium ranks right up there.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/6/2013 9:23 PM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 


I get what you're saying, but I have to be honest.  The seasons that end in playoff losses hurt a lot more than the seasons that end with no playoff appearances.  The Ravens went 13-3 a couple years back and the game I remember most is the playoff loss at home to the Colts 15-6. 

Here's hoping that this is the year that ends in a parade so we can all be happy.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/6/2013 9:48 PM

RE: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 


I think the Andy Reid comparisons will stop if he can win a ring this season. He will be top 3 if he wins a ring this season, on top of an already impressive, yet consistent resume. But consistently getting to the playoffs mean nothing when you have nothing to show for, and you constantly have to pick at the bottom of the draft.
Posted Image
"Its like...Someone Created him on Madden."
~Jacoby on Joe~
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/6/2013 9:51 PM

RE: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 


I think the Andy Reid comparison is valid.  Jeff Fisher is also a good example of a guy who can win a lot in the regular season and playoffs and really not be thought of as great because of the lack of a ring.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 9:58 PM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 


We'll just have to be more consistent and win a couple.  Until then i'm enjoying the ride.  This year had as many challenges as i've ever seen and we're in the second round and I get the pleasure of watching my team at least another week.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/6/2013 10:03 PM

RE: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



smackums wrote: I think the Andy Reid comparison is valid.  Jeff Fisher is also a good example of a guy who can win a lot in the regular season and playoffs and really not be thought of as great because of the lack of a ring.
The are VERY valid
Posted Image
"Its like...Someone Created him on Madden."
~Jacoby on Joe~
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 10:20 PM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 


Too bad Andy Reid couldn't make the playoffs.  Can't relate.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/6/2013 11:10 PM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 


Congrats to them both!

Flacco had a weird game, lacked consistency (completion %) but hit on a number of deep ball / big plays.  Those big passes were the daggers that stabbed the Colts right in the heart.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 7:57 AM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



smackums wrote: I get what you're saying, but I have to be honest.  The seasons that end in playoff losses hurt a lot more than the seasons that end with no playoff appearances.  The Ravens went 13-3 a couple years back and the game I remember most is the playoff loss at home to the Colts 15-6. 

dam that Viniteri..   We hold the forehead to 0 TD's and that guy beats us with 5FG's..

I'm so glad he missed that last one yesterday....
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 8:05 AM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



AirHead3745 wrote: Congrats to them both!

Flacco had a weird game, lacked consistency (completion %) but hit on a number of deep ball / big plays.  Those big passes were the daggers that stabbed the Colts right in the heart.
3 dropps by Doss  and 1 by Rice didn't help..

Last edited 1/7/2013 8:05 AM by ravmaniac

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/7/2013 8:12 AM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



AirHead3745 wrote: Congrats to them both!

Flacco had a weird game, lacked consistency (completion %) but hit on a number of deep ball / big plays.  Those big passes were the daggers that stabbed the Colts right in the heart.

Flacco left a ton of plays out on the field in the first half during which he was just next to awful, but he stepped up big more or less in the 2nd half, though one of the big plays was complete luck as Anquan Boldin intercepted a pass that was intended for Tandon Doss.

Can't live and die like that against the Broncos for many reasons.

Also started another thread about this but god damn we've been lucky with our playoff matchups in the early rounds. Honestly, we haven't really been challenged in our first playoff game in the Harbaugh era. Even the Patriots blow out which is easily the most impressive by far and away of the 5 was the Patriots in a down year. The Dolphins, Chiefs, Texans (with Yates) and Colts were simply not good football teams.

Luck goes a long way.
Reply | Quote
  • BMann
  • Raven Veteran
  • 4204 posts this site

Posted: 1/7/2013 8:18 AM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



RavenzNTerps wrote:
AirHead3745 wrote: Congrats to them both!

Flacco had a weird game, lacked consistency (completion %) but hit on a number of deep ball / big plays.  Those big passes were the daggers that stabbed the Colts right in the heart.

Flacco left a ton of plays out on the field in the first half during which he was just next to awful, but he stepped up big more or less in the 2nd half, though one of the big plays was complete luck as Anquan Boldin intercepted a pass that was intended for Tandon Doss.

Can't live and die like that against the Broncos for many reasons.

Also started another thread about this but god damn we've been lucky with our playoff matchups in the early rounds. Honestly, we haven't really been challenged in our first playoff game in the Harbaugh era. Even the Patriots blow out which is easily the most impressive by far and away of the 5 was the Patriots in a down year. The Dolphins, Chiefs, Texans (with Yates) and Colts were simply not good football teams.

Luck goes a long way.
Yeah, all the way back to Indy! tongue
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 8:19 AM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



RavenzNTerps wrote:
AirHead3745 wrote: Congrats to them both!

Flacco had a weird game, lacked consistency (completion %) but hit on a number of deep ball / big plays.  Those big passes were the daggers that stabbed the Colts right in the heart.

Flacco left a ton of plays out on the field in the first half during which he was just next to awful, but he stepped up big more or less in the 2nd half, though one of the big plays was complete luck as Anquan Boldin intercepted a pass that was intended for Tandon Doss.

Can't live and die like that against the Broncos for many reasons.

Also started another thread about this but god damn we've been lucky with our playoff matchups in the early rounds. Honestly, we haven't really been challenged in our first playoff game in the Harbaugh era. Even the Patriots blow out which is easily the most impressive by far and away of the 5 was the Patriots in a down year. The Dolphins, Chiefs, Texans (with Yates) and Colts were simply not good football teams.

Luck goes a long way.
Not yesterday it didn't!



Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 8:26 AM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



BMann wrote:
Yeah, all the way back to Indy! tongue

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 8:39 AM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 


I noticed Luck getting hit in the helmet numerous times yesterday, does anyone else wonder if they'd have been called if it was Brady or Manning?

The British are coming the British are coming!

Sun, Nov 20 vs Cincinnati


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 8:58 AM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



BMann wrote: ...to win a playoff game in 5 straight seasons.  And Harbs is the first coach to do so. 
not only the Super Bowl era, but in NFL history......
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/7/2013 9:22 AM

RE: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 


Gosh we're so fortunate to have such a lucky QB, or a good team, or play terrible teams, or whatever else takes away from his accomplishments.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/7/2013 9:29 AM

RE: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



RchmondRvnsFan wrote: Gosh we're so fortunate to have such a lucky QB, or a good team, or play terrible teams, or whatever else takes away from his accomplishments.

lol WTF. Yes, of course we've been lucky with our matchups in the playoffs. eek1. Why is that considered disparaging.

I'm glad we have a coach and QB who consistently, and I do mean consistently, beat the teams that we're supposed to beat. That is not selling them short. But we can't ignore context either. The Colts are a bad team as were the Chiefs and the Dolphins. Period. The Texans were an OK team with no QB. Luck matters and is a big part of success.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/7/2013 10:38 AM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 


If Flacco could luck up and get one big stud receiver, the possibilities would take him to the next level.
Reply | Quote
  • BMann
  • Raven Veteran
  • 4204 posts this site

Posted: 1/7/2013 10:54 AM

RE: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



RavenzNTerps wrote:
RchmondRvnsFan wrote: Gosh we're so fortunate to have such a lucky QB, or a good team, or play terrible teams, or whatever else takes away from his accomplishments.

lol WTF. Yes, of course we've been lucky with our matchups in the playoffs. eek1. Why is that considered disparaging.

I'm glad we have a coach and QB who consistently, and I do mean consistently, beat the teams that we're supposed to beat. That is not selling them short. But we can't ignore context either. The Colts are a bad team as were the Chiefs and the Dolphins. Period. The Texans were an OK team with no QB. Luck matters and is a big part of success.
Do bad teams win 11 games?  I'd say they're a weak playoff team, but not a bad team.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 11:33 AM

Interesting Flacco Stats 


Courtesy of a few threads on Russell Street Report forum.

In his previous 5 playoff games, Flacco has the following passing stats:

89 / 150, 1154 Yards, 9 TD, 2 INT --> 98.0 QB Rating

In the 3rd quarter, Flacco went 4 / 7, 126 Yards, 1 TD, 0 INT for a 141.4 Rating, and in the 4th quarter he went 3 / 4, 48 Yards, 1 TD, 0 INT for a 154.2 Rating.

Overall, Flacco went 7 / 11 for 174 Yards, 2 TD, and 0 INT in the second half for a 146.8 Rating.

This season (including the play-off game yesterday), Flacco has played excellently in the 4th quarter, and hasn't thrown an interception yet.

He ranked 3rd out of 32 qualifying QBs (which the NFL defines as 224 pass attempts on the season). I also included 3 QBs who were within a couple passes of qualifying, but didn't qualify (they are denoted with an asterisk). In order, they are (from 1st through 35th):

Jay Cutler: 57 / 90, 853 Yards, 8 TD, 2 INT --> 114.7
Aaron Rodgers: 75 / 117, 948 Yards, 11 TD, 2 INT --> 113.5
Joe Flacco: 69 / 110, 933 Yards, 7 TD, 0 INT --> 110.9
Peyton Manning: 72 / 123, 847 Yards, 9 TD, 0 INT --> 103.9
Russell Wilson: 66 / 108, 816 Yards, 7 TD, 1 INT --> 102.2
Tony Romo: 122 / 187, 1448 Yards, 12 TD, 4 INT --> 101.2
* Colin Kaepernick: 32 / 47, 391 Yards, 2 TD, 1 INT --> 98.8
Tom Brady: 87 / 141, 1059 Yards, 7 TD, 1 INT --> 98.4
Matt Ryan: 107 / 157, 1186 Yards, 6 TD, 3 INT --> 95.1
Cam Newton: 75 / 119, 1147 Yards, 5 TD, 4 INT --> 94.8
Andy Dalton: 86 / 135, 1031 Yards, 9 TD, 5 INT --> 93.8
Ben Roethlisberger: 59 / 95, 719 Yards, 6 TD, 3 INT --> 93.3
Eli Manning: 57 / 106, 761 Yards, 8 TD, 3 INT --> 90.2
Sam Bradford: 99 / 166, 1085 Yards, 9 TD, 4 INT --> 87.0
Carson Palmer: 111 / 178, 1266 Yards, 8 TD, 5 INT --> 87.0
Christian Ponder: 87 / 145, 940 Yards, 8 TD, 4 INT --> 86.0
Blaine Gabbert: 52 / 84, 519 Yards, 4 TD, 2 INT --> 85.4
RGIII: 79 / 128, 841 Yards, 4 TD, 2 INT --> 84.8
* Matt Hasselbeck: 54 / 84, 468 Yards, 4 TD, 2 INT --> 84.8
Matthew Stafford: 144 / 254, 1719 Yards, 9 TD, 3 INT --> 84.4
Ryan Tannehill: 77 / 140, 999 Yards, 6 TD, 3 INT --> 83.0
Josh Freeman: 91 / 166, 1219 Yards, 6 TD, 3 INT --> 82.9
Michael Vick: 50 / 90, 555 Yards, 4 TD, 2 INT --> 79.6
Matt Schaub: 66 / 96, 621 Yards, 3 TD, 4 INT --> 79.4
Drew Brees: 103 / 179, 1277 Yards, 7 TD, 6 INT --> 78.8
Brandon Weeden: 71 / 122, 888 Yards, 5 TD, 5 INT --> 77.5
Mark Sanchez: 63 / 119, 766 Yards, 4 TD, 3 INT --> 73.7
Ryan Fitzpatrick: 80 / 132, 755 Yards, 7 TD, 7 INT --> 72.0
Nick Foles: 52 / 98, 518 Yards, 2 TD, 1 INT --> 70.9
Matt Cassel: 50 / 91, 574 Yards, 4 TD, 4 INT --> 70.5
Andrew Luck: 96 / 185, 1244 Yards, 7 TD, 7 INT --> 70.2
Chad Henne: 66 / 121, 824 Yards, 4 TD, 5 INT --> 69.7
Jake Locker: 37 / 69, 533 Yards, 3 TD, 4 INT --> 69.3
Philip Rivers: 79 / 126, 807 Yards, 5 TD, 8 INT --> 67.8
* Alex Smith: 20 / 35, 189 Yards, 2 TD, 2 INT --> 67.4
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/7/2013 11:54 AM

Re: Interesting Flacco Stats 


Why would you post something like this?!?!?!?  It's the kiss of death!  Start apologizing to the football gods now!  banghead

Ok, it's nice to see that stuff, but it won't mean anything if he doesn't keep it up.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 12:17 PM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



BMann wrote: ...to win a playoff game in 5 straight seasons.  And Harbs is the first coach to do so.  Ya know, some say that it's Super Bowl or Bust when it comes to grading coaches and QBs, but being at the stadium today reminded me that individual wins can be pretty awesome, too.  We've been fortunate to enjoy a LOT of wins over the past 5 years, and I'm not sure all of my fellow Ravens fans really appreciate our success over that period, just cuz we haven't gotten back to the Super Bowl.

Today was so much fun - in some ways, it was more enjoyable than the Super Bowl win in 2001, as this was in our stadium, filled with screaming Ravens fans, possibly the loudest I've heard the place.  Yes, a championship parade is the ultimate thrill, but sending Ray off in style in our home stadium ranks right up there.
Very well said were spoiled rotten at times. One team a year leaves satisfied being at the table the last 5 seasons tells me were heading on the right path. Now if we can shock the world Saturday great if not then it wasn't our year. If Ray can live with it then so can I.

War OJ Brigance War kicking Peyton Manning ass War Kicking it Live in New Orleans. God Bless Baltimore
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/7/2013 12:19 PM

RE: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 


Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.  We are fortunate to be in the running 5 years in a row.  And each time to win a game.

One of those 2 AFCCG's we made we should have won.  Thats a high level of a success.


There are only a few special trolls out there who would ignore that.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 12:43 PM

RE: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



ClericBlackDave wrote:

Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.  We are fortunate to be in the running 5 years in a row.  And each time to win a game.

One of those 2 AFCCG's we made we should have won.  Thats a high level of a success.


There are only a few special trolls out there who would ignore that.

we're the only lucky team in NFL history to have played bad teams for 5 years in a row in the playoff's..
eek1
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/7/2013 12:49 PM

RE: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 


Just when you hope you do not have to look at stupid posts by a person that is SUPPOSED to be a Raven fan you see a post that says Flacco is not all that good. It is funny to see these AHoles that pretend to be Ravens fans and are really stupid Squeeler fans. eek1

Last edited 1/7/2013 12:50 PM by aloharay52

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/7/2013 12:54 PM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



BMann wrote: ...to win a playoff game in 5 straight seasons.  And Harbs is the first coach to do so.  Ya know, some say that it's Super Bowl or Bust when it comes to grading coaches and QBs, but being at the stadium today reminded me that individual wins can be pretty awesome, too.  We've been fortunate to enjoy a LOT of wins over the past 5 years, and I'm not sure all of my fellow Ravens fans really appreciate our success over that period, just cuz we haven't gotten back to the Super Bowl.

Today was so much fun - in some ways, it was more enjoyable than the Super Bowl win in 2001, as this was in our stadium, filled with screaming Ravens fans, possibly the loudest I've heard the place.  Yes, a championship parade is the ultimate thrill, but sending Ray off in style in our home stadium ranks right up there.
psl owner been going since 96 best time ever at a ravens game

PROUD PSL OWNER SECTION 111.
YOUR LOCAL EMBROIDERY COMPANY.
 VOTED BY THE RAVENS FRONT OFFICE A TOP 10 FAN 2005

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/7/2013 1:11 PM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 


Guess who had the highest QB rating out of all the first round quarterbacks this past weekend?  Yep, slingin' Joe Flacco with a 125.6 rating.  Who was it that said, next to Ponder, he was the worst quarterback in the playoffs?  He won again.  4 other quarterbacks did not.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 1:42 PM

RE: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



ravmaniac wrote:
ClericBlackDave wrote:

Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.  We are fortunate to be in the running 5 years in a row.  And each time to win a game.

One of those 2 AFCCG's we made we should have won.  Thats a high level of a success.


There are only a few special trolls out there who would ignore that.

we're the only lucky team in NFL history to have played bad teams for 5 years in a row in the playoff's..
eek1
2008 - Beat an up and coming Miami team, then beat Tennessee on the road. #1 seed Tennessee

2009 - Demolished the Patriots in their house.

2010 - Beat a mediocre KC team, in their house, where they play well at home.

2011 - Beat a Houston team with no QB, but still a great D and running game.

We've had some favorable draws for sure, but we can't help who we play, and we've beaten some pretty good teams too.

"If ravens fans are confident you can win a playoff game, then I don't see where that confidence is coming from. Be realistic"

- rkn0720 
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 2:12 PM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



rantnrav wrote: Guess who had the highest QB rating out of all the first round quarterbacks this past weekend?  Yep, slingin' Joe Flacco with a 125.6 rating.  Who was it that said, next to Ponder, he was the worst quarterback in the playoffs?  He won again.  4 other quarterbacks did not.
I thought rodgers had 131???
Posted Image
"Its like...Someone Created him on Madden."
~Jacoby on Joe~
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/7/2013 2:14 PM

RE: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



JLew295 wrote:

eek1
2008 - Beat an up and coming Miami team, then beat Tennessee on the road. #1 seed Tennessee

2009 - Demolished the Patriots in their house.

2010 - Beat a mediocre KC team, in their house, where they play well at home.

2011 - Beat a Houston team with no QB, but still a great D and running game.

We've had some favorable draws for sure, but we can't help who we play, and we've beaten some pretty good teams too.

You forgot 2011 - Beat the Patriots but Lee Evans dropped the Pass, and then Billy Cundiff missed the kick to take it to overtime
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/7/2013 2:26 PM

RE: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



ClericBlackDave wrote:
JLew295 wrote:

eek1
2008 - Beat an up and coming Miami team, then beat Tennessee on the road. #1 seed Tennessee

2009 - Demolished the Patriots in their house.

2010 - Beat a mediocre KC team, in their house, where they play well at home.

2011 - Beat a Houston team with no QB, but still a great D and running game.

We've had some favorable draws for sure, but we can't help who we play, and we've beaten some pretty good teams too.

You forgot 2011 - Beat the Patriots but Lee Evans dropped the Pass, and then Billy Cundiff missed the kick to take it to overtime
No he didn't, it's irrelevant to the conversation which is that he's the first QB to win at least one playoff game in his first 5 years. I just said it helps to get a favorable draw.

The Dolphins were up and coming? Still waiting for them to get there 5 years later. The Chiefs were just a bad team that had a lucky season in a crap division. Colts are NOT a good team by any metric. They won 11 games but were far worse than their win total. They were by far and away the weakest team in the playoff field this season (MAYBE the Vikings with Joe Webb were worse, but I don't think so).

You can't help who you play and one of the best parts about John Harbaugh's era is that we rarely if ever lose to anyone we shouldn't. But yeah, I'd say we've been pretty fortunate in our playoff matches. The Patriots game being the clear exception.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/7/2013 2:32 PM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



theravenkidd wrote:
rantnrav wrote: Guess who had the highest QB rating out of all the first round quarterbacks this past weekend?  Yep, slingin' Joe Flacco with a 125.6 rating.  Who was it that said, next to Ponder, he was the worst quarterback in the playoffs?  He won again.  4 other quarterbacks did not.
I thought rodgers had 131???
Accoring to ESPN, Rodgers had 104.9.  And I was talking about passer rating.  It also says Flacco had the highest QBR at 89.5.  Rodgers was 71.7. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statist...12/seasontype/3

Last edited 1/7/2013 2:34 PM by rantnrav

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 2:39 PM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



rantnrav wrote:
theravenkidd wrote:
rantnrav wrote: Guess who had the highest QB rating out of all the first round quarterbacks this past weekend?  Yep, slingin' Joe Flacco with a 125.6 rating.  Who was it that said, next to Ponder, he was the worst quarterback in the playoffs?  He won again.  4 other quarterbacks did not.
I thought rodgers had 131???
Accoring to ESPN, Rodgers had 104.9.  And I was talking about passer rating.  It also says Flacco had the highest QBR at 89.5.  Rodgers was 71.7. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statist...12/seasontype/3
oh ok i was watching the game and heard them mention 131, but thats impressive for Joe, hope he can keep his rating over 100 for the remainder of the playoffs
Posted Image
"Its like...Someone Created him on Madden."
~Jacoby on Joe~
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 2:46 PM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 


RK PLAYER TEAM COMP ATT PCT YDS YDS/A LONG TD INT SACK RATE YDS/G
1 Joe Flacco, QB BAL 12 23 52.2 282 12.26 50 2 0 1 125.6 282
2 Aaron Rodgers, QB GB 23 33 69.7 274 8.30 32 1 0 3 104.9 274
3 Russell Wilson, QB SEA 15 26 57.7 187 7.19 33 1 0 5 92.9 187
4 Matt Schaub, QB HOU 29 38 76.3 262 6.90 22 0 1 0 83.4 262
5 Robert Griffin III, QB WSH 10 19 52.6 84 4.42 30 2 1 2 77.5 84
6 Andrew Luck, QB IND 28 54 51.9 288 5.33 25 0 1 3 59.8 288
7 Joe Webb, QB MIN 11 30 36.7 180 6.00 50 1 1 3 54.9 180
8 Andy Dalton, QB CIN 14 30 46.7 127 4.23 45 0 1 2 44.7 127
9 Kirk Cousins, QB WSH 3 10 30.0 31 3.10 15 0 0 0 40.0 31
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 2:47 PM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 


RK PLAYER PASS EPA RUN EPA SACK EPA PEN EPA TOTAL EPA ACT PLAYS QB PAR QB PAA TOTAL QBR
1 Joe Flacco, BAL 7.6 0.0 -1.0 0.0 6.6 27 6.6 4.3 89.5
2 Aaron Rodgers, GB 5.2 -0.2 -1.2 0.4 4.1 39 6.0 2.7 71.7
3 Matt Schaub, HOU 5.1 -0.5 0.0 0.5 5.1 42 5.5 2.0 64.9
4 Russell Wilson, SEA 5.5 1.9 -6.6 0.4 1.3 42 1.8 -1.7 36.7
5 Robert Griffin III, WSH 1.8 0.1 -1.6 0.2 0.5 28 0.9 -1.4 33.9
6 Andrew Luck, IND 1.9 1.7 -4.1 -0.1 -0.6 67 0.6 -5.0 27.2
7 Joe Webb, MIN -1.4 2.7 -1.9 -0.3 -0.9 39 -0.7 -3.9 20.7
8 Andy Dalton, CIN -2.9 0.3 -1.3 1.3 -2.6 38 -1.7 -4.8 15.8
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/7/2013 2:59 PM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 


Are Passer rating (which I don't like) and QBR (which I like better) still going to be valid after the Bronco's game?

just asking......................   biggrin
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 3:09 PM

Re: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



zeusman52 wrote: Are Passer rating (which I don't like) and QBR (which I like better) still going to be valid after the Bronco's game?

just asking......................   biggrin
They're always going to be valid. Critique Flacco all you want, but......

1. Give him credit when credit is due
2. He's not a top 5, "elite" QB, but he's a top 10 guy who WILL have ups and downs...just as they all do
3. Flacco is the best option at QB for this team now and at least the next few years
4. Flacco is going to be the QB of this team for the next several years. Get used to it.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/7/2013 3:19 PM

RE: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



RavenzNTerps wrote: 

No he didn't, it's irrelevant to the conversation which is that he's the first QB to win at least one playoff game in his first 5 years. I just said it helps to get a favorable draw.

The Dolphins were up and coming? Still waiting for them to get there 5 years later. The Chiefs were just a bad team that had a lucky season in a crap division. Colts are NOT a good team by any metric. They won 11 games but were far worse than their win total. They were by far and away the weakest team in the playoff field this season (MAYBE the Vikings with Joe Webb were worse, but I don't think so).

You can't help who you play and one of the best parts about John Harbaugh's era is that we rarely if ever lose to anyone we shouldn't. But yeah, I'd say we've been pretty fortunate in our playoff matches. The Patriots game being the clear exception.

I stand by the fact that Flacco won that game.  He made the plays necessary in the end.  

I have my opinion on that.  He played a game good enough to win.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 3:20 PM

RE: Joe Flacco, first QB of the Super Bowl Era... 



---------------------------------------------
--- RavenzNTerps wrote:


RchmondRvnsFan wrote: Gosh we're so fortunate to have such a lucky QB, or a good team, or play terrible teams, or whatever else takes away from his accomplishments.

lol WTF. Yes, of course we've been lucky with our matchups in the playoffs. eek1. Why is that considered disparaging.

I'm glad we have a coach and QB who consistently, and I do mean consistently, beat the teams that we're supposed to beat. That is not selling them short. But we can't ignore context either. The Colts are a bad team as were the Chiefs and the Dolphins. Period. The Texans were an OK team with no QB. Luck matters and is a big part of success.

---------------------------------------------

The steelers never had to play the patriots to get to their 3 recent superbowls. If they had, they wouldn't have been in the Super Bowl.

And saying that Flacco was "downright awful" in the first half, and then stepped up "more or less" in the second half (with a 150 qbr in the second half) is some of the biggest bullshit I've ever heard.

Last edited 1/7/2013 3:21 PM by HunkyDory

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >