Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

RG III injury (merged)

Posted: 1/6/2013 7:12 PM

RG III injury (merged) 


Man that guy should've been yanked far before. He has done nothing. With Cousins they would've won. If the Redskins trade Cousins it will be a major mistake because their flashy star can't stay healthy. Too little too late playing Cousins at this point.

Last edited 1/6/2013 9:06 PM by wayupnorth

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/6/2013 7:15 PM

Re: Rg injury 


Unbelievable! You finally get a franchise quarterback only to see him get crippled. Stupid, stupid, stupid.ohlord

Terpette from Ttimes: "DanManMdFan, you are the most immature poster here."

Reply | Quote
  • Mohara
  • Raven Veteran
  • 4207 posts this site

Posted: 1/6/2013 7:16 PM

Re: Rg injury 


Too bad he got hurt.  Would have been interesting to see how far the Skins could have gone with him healthy.

I'm shocked how this game is turning out after the first two possesions.  They really came out and punched Seattle in the mouth.  Looked like they were going to roll right over them.

The initial injury where he hit his knee on Ngata was truly one of the wierdest things.  Not a dirty play or anything.  Just a freak accident.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 7:21 PM

Re: Rg injury 


I love how the announcers are saying the skins lost their playmaker when he can't make plays. Lol! 105 total yards and two turnovers.

Last edited 1/6/2013 7:23 PM by BaltimoreReeds

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 7:34 PM

Re: Rg injury 


Shanahan's offense put RGIII at risk, especially over a 16 game season. Looks like it may well shorten his career as well, though I expect him to come back strong next season. In contrast, it appears that the Ravens don't want Flacco to run at all. I am sure Flacco can run, though he is no running QB. But they don't want to risk him. And Flacco hasn't missed a game in 5 seasons.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/6/2013 7:35 PM

Re: Rg injury 


And the Foreskins lose the game.  Life is good.
"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with I shall not put." - Winston Churchill
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/6/2013 7:38 PM

Re: Rg injury 



Redstuff wrote: Shanahan's offense put RGIII at risk, especially over a 16 game season. Looks like it may well shorten his career as well, though I expect him to come back strong next season. In contrast, it appears that the Ravens don't want Flacco to run at all. I am sure Flacco can run, though he is no running QB. But they don't want to risk him. And Flacco hasn't missed a game in 5 seasons.
If that injury to RGIII is severe, you may not see him next season.

Terpette from Ttimes: "DanManMdFan, you are the most immature poster here."

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 7:39 PM

RE: Rg injury 




Did you catch the story between Dr Andrews (Skins' Dr) who issued a statement saying that contrary to Shanahan's public statement that he was medically cleared to return against us? Dr. said Shanahan didn't even allow the medical Drs to look at RGIII after Ngata tackled him and that Shanahan decided to put RGIII back in immediately after the tackle without medical clearance.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 7:40 PM

RE: Rg injury 




Did you catch the story between Dr Andrews (Skins' Dr) who issued a statement saying that contrary to Shanahan's public statement that he was medically cleared to return against us? Dr. said Shanahan didn't even allow the medical Drs to look at RGIII after Ngata tackled him and that Shanahan decided to put RGIII back in immediately after the tackle without medical clearance.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 7:46 PM

RE: Rg injury 


And people wonder why in the long illustrious history of the NFL, you don't have a lot of scrambling QB's in the Hall of Fame, winning Super Bowls, despite the obvious match-up nightmares they create for opposing defenses.
Reply | Quote
  • Mohara
  • Raven Veteran
  • 4207 posts this site

Posted: 1/6/2013 7:47 PM

Re: Rg injury 



Downeyoshenhun wrote: And the Foreskins lose the game.  Life is good.
Yeah, I think the explosion of Redskins gear will subside a bit now.
Reply | Quote
  • BMann
  • Raven Veteran
  • 4187 posts this site

Posted: 1/6/2013 8:00 PM

Re: Rg injury 


Skins one and done.  That's a shame! biggrin
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 8:00 PM

Re: Rg injury 


The only good teams in Maryland are in BALTIMORE.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 8:08 PM

RGIII: The next Ben Roethlisberger 


He goes down with a "serious" injury and looked like he would never walk again against us, and we see him dancing around on the field two weeks from then with his big fat smile.  The Redskins go down big, he misses a snap, and suddenly he can't walk again.  Hmm... wouldn't be surprised to see him at 100% health for the regular season, until they start struggling and the neck brace and theatrics start.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/6/2013 8:10 PM

RE: RGIII: The next Ben Roethlisberger 


I disagree.

His knee is injured. Griffin has been trying to play through it.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 8:12 PM

Re: RGIII: The next Ben Roethlisberger 


rg3 is actually a good guy, it seems
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 8:13 PM

Re: RGIII: The next Ben Roethlisberger 



fpats12 wrote: rg3 is actually a good guy, it seems
Because ESPN and Subway told me so.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/6/2013 8:17 PM

Re: RGIII: The next Ben Roethlisberger 


Don't compare him to DQ (Drama Queen.) He has not attacked any drunken , underage girls in a Women's Bathroom yet, or ridden his motorcycle without a helmet.
"We will never surrender or retreat! Victory or Death!"- Lt. Col. William Barret Travis, Officer Commanding, Alamo
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/6/2013 8:21 PM

Re: RGIII: The next Ben Roethlisberger 


I definitely do not see him pulling this type stunt... I believe heTRUELY should not have played... And I blame this on the coaching staff... He should never have started today....
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 8:22 PM

Re: Rg injury 



BaltimoreReeds wrote: Man that guy should've been yanked far before. He has done nothing. With Cousins they would've won. If the Redskins trade Cousins it will be a major mistake because their flashy star can't stay healthy. Too little too late playing Cousins at this point.
It was a terrible coaching decision.  Even if the player wants to stay in the game, the coach should be smart enough to see he's not helping the team. He should have definitely been pulled from the game when he limped to the sideline on that 1 running play.  I missed the 1st half, maybe he should have been pulled earlier.  If you're leg is that bad, you're not helping the team.  Plus, you have to push off strong with your right leg if you throw right handed.  And you can't do that when you're in that much pain.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 8:24 PM

Re: Rg injury 


BaltimoreReeds - Still ironic to see you revel in the injury to RG3 after you chastised all of Baltimore for being so mean to little Billy Cundiff.  And in between the cheapshots, were you trying to say that RG3 is NOT a playmaker?

Last edited 1/6/2013 8:27 PM by BmoreFan

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 8:25 PM

RE: Rg injury 


foreskins forked out a huge chunk of their 2013 draft for rg3... sure, he made them better, but that was one lucky team squeaking out a lot of wins to get a home game in the playoffs against a much better seattle team... but having milked the run/option and stretch play to death with rg3, they are screwed if he is slowed from the beating he took this year... morris is a good back but take away the rg3 option and all of a sudden it's sub mediocre
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 8:26 PM

Re: RGIII: The next Ben Roethlisberger 


No, because most of us have ears, eyes, and brains and we make our own decisions.  RG3 has never been anything but class.  Raplistburger would not know class if it punched him in the face.  The comparison is baseless and sad.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 8:26 PM

Re: Rg injury 



Mohara wrote:
Downeyoshenhun wrote: And the Foreskins lose the game.  Life is good.
Yeah, I think the explosion of Redskins gear will subside a bit now.
i work in washington dc and there really hasn't been much redskin gear... sure, there is a little more than usual but they are the biggest fair weather bunch in the nfl... it will take another dominant era like gibbs 1 to get them back out of the closet
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/6/2013 8:33 PM

Re: Rg injury 


Shame that rg3 was even put in the game today.... A player that is the franchise should have been sidelined and let the next man up take his place just like the Vikings did.... Felt sorry for him when he went down... And I for one would have liked to see them win today instead of the Seahawks and their idiotic laughing clown of a coach....
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/6/2013 8:36 PM

Re: RGIII: The next Ben Roethlisberger 



BmoreFan wrote: No, because most of us have ears, eyes, and brains and we make our own decisions.  RG3 has never been anything but class.  Raplistburger would not know class if it punched him in the face.  The comparison is baseless and sad.
This, anyone doing so loses all credibility.
Posted Image
"Its like...Someone Created him on Madden."
~Jacoby on Joe~
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/6/2013 8:40 PM

Re: RGIII: The next Ben Roethlisberger 



theravenkidd wrote:
BmoreFan wrote: No, because most of us have ears, eyes, and brains and we make our own decisions.  RG3 has never been anything but class.  Raplistburger would not know class if it punched him in the face.  The comparison is baseless and sad.
This, anyone doing so loses all credibility.
Aka, just being a hater. 

OP, do you want a video of the full operation they're about to do on his leg? You dummy.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 8:42 PM

Re: RGIII: The next Ben Roethlisberger 


At least Ben used to be very good and dependable. Rginjury will be this problem his career I think. He shows enough talent but can't stay healthy to win a long season including playoffs and coaches will stick with the high injured star.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 9:00 PM

Re: RGIII: The next Ben Roethlisberger 


Speaking of no class...
BaltimoreReeds wrote: At least Ben used to be very good and dependable. Rginjury will be this problem his career I think. He shows enough talent but can't stay healthy to win a long season including playoffs and coaches will stick with the high injured star.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/6/2013 9:14 PM

Re: RGIII: The next Ben Roethlisberger 



BaltimoreReeds wrote: At least Ben used to be very good and dependable. Rginjury will be this problem his career I think. He shows enough talent but can't stay healthy to win a long season including playoffs and coaches will stick with the high injured star.
It's his first year.. con/------\clusion

I happen to not despise the skins, though I certainly don't care either way, but RG3 seemed to be a pretty good player this year, and it's a shame they played him today.. All of us ravens fans watching the second game couldn't believe it, particularly after he limped back onto the field in the first quarter right before the second TD pass.



Without ME it's just aweso
       
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/6/2013 9:24 PM

Re: RG III injury (merged) 


I grew up hating the Skins.  I remember Monday mornings before school in the 70's, the Colts fans would line up and the Skins fans would line up and play a crazy game of what we used to call "smear the queer".  That being said, it has been difficult hating the Skins this year with RG.  He seems like a good dude.  There was that one play, I think early in the second half, where RG was sacked and it was clear if he was healthy he would have taken off an ran 50 yards probably.  It was at that point I though they should have replaced him as he didn't have any ability to scramble.

Scrambling QB's don't last in this league.  RG will need to change his style a bit if he expects to play week in and week out.  People criticize Flacco for being a statue but the guy has never missed a game in 5 years.  I will take that stat over RG's running yards any day of the week.  You need you starting QB to be starting.

Last edited 1/6/2013 9:25 PM by GalenSevinne

Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 9:51 PM

Re: Rg injury 



BmoreFan wrote: BaltimoreReeds - Still ironic to see you revel in the injury to RG3 after you chastised all of Baltimore for being so mean to little Billy Cundiff.  And in between the cheapshots, were you trying to say that RG3 is NOT a playmaker?

Ironic that I support Baltimore players? 

Yeah, I somewhat enjoy when a media hyped star who has proven nothing get about 105 total yards and loses the game for his team.  I don't like his style of QB play and prefer pocket passers and players that can show consistency both staying healthy and leading their teams year after year.  I would like Robert more if he was my QB for a video game. 

He was the opposite of a playmaker today which was the most important game of their season.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 11:30 PM

Re: Rg injury 


Proven nothing?  I always forget that rational conversation is a waste of time with you.  You do understand he is a rookie right, so the whole year after year thing isn't serious...is it?  You don't like his style of play?  You mean the Heisman Trophy winning part where he lifted that team on his back this year to become the most respected player in their locker room, right?  The guy that is probably one of the most well-liked rookies in recent memory?  The player that actually made that ridiculous trade look somewhat intelligent?  The guy who happens to be a much better "pocket" passer than the one who starts in Baltimore, and also happens to run a 4.3 40?  Sure, his durability will be a question mark, and Joe stays healthy. That does not mean RG3 deserves cheap shots and petty low blows from fan that are eager to see him fail.  That is the saddest part.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/6/2013 11:58 PM

Re: Rg injury 



BmoreFan wrote: The player that actually made that ridiculous trade look somewhat intelligent?  The guy who happens to be a much better "pocket" passer than the one who starts in Baltimore, and also happens to run a 4.3 40?
Actually this injury concern with his style of play only reinforces the belief that the trade was bad.  The redskins gave up a lot of draft picks and they're going to have years of injury concerns.  I would figure most Ravens fans would understand the importance of the NFL draft.

I don't care one bit about a QB's 40 time.  That's just stupid.  Do you think Peyton Manning or Tom Brady run a fast 40?  I want someone who can win games IN THE PLAYOFFS with his arm.

Did you see the great pocket passer Robert get 84 yards passing with an interception and fumble?  It looked "pretty" right?  I admit he has a ton of talent.  But this played out so far as predicted.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/7/2013 12:11 AM

Re: Rg injury 


Hey, even blind squirrels find nuts so I guess today is your day to look like a genius.  Sadly, the rest of us have to put up with your posts 364 other days.  

The trade was not RG3's fault, so don't try to get smart about your comprehension of the draft tough guy.  You get how that works right?  Players get picked and then show up and do the best job they can.  And I fogot, 40 times are stupid...so stupid that they get measured every single year.  So stupid that guys like Wilson and Kaepernick and Rodgers and RG3 use that speed to make plays every game.  I am not saying speed is required, and Brady and Manning are two of the top five of all time...but speed is a nice bonus, and obviously isn't just "stupid" to the rest of us.  The only prediction in this conversation that matters is this...you will try to trash RG3 to make yourself feel better while pretending to take the high road.  Name a GM that does not wish they could have RG3, if you are so good at predictions.  You have no clue.  You just like being the Skip Bayless if this website,  making bold statements that annoy reasonable people just to hear yourself talk.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/7/2013 12:36 AM

Re: Rg injury 


BmoreFan wrote: Hey, even blind squirrels find nuts so I guess today is your day to look like a genius.  Sadly, the rest of us have to put up with your posts 364 other days.  

The trade was not RG3's fault, so don't try to get smart about your comprehension of the draft tough guy.  You get how that works right?  Players get picked and then show up and do the best job they can.  And I fogot, 40 times are stupid...so stupid that they get measured every single year.  So stupid that guys like Wilson and Kaepernick and Rodgers and RG3 use that speed to make plays every game.  I am not saying speed is required, and Brady and Manning are two of the top five of all time...but speed is a nice bonus, and obviously isn't just "stupid" to the rest of us.  The only prediction in this conversation that matters is this...you will try to trash RG3 to make yourself feel better while pretending to take the high road.  Name a GM that does not wish they could have RG3, if you are so good at predictions.  You have no clue.  You just like being the Skip Bayless if this website,  making bold statements that annoy reasonable people just to hear yourself talk.

Sorry that not everyone agrees with you.  This world would be pretty ******* lame if we all agreed on everything.  Do you go outside the house much?

Rodgers is a hell of a lot smarter running the ball.  I still wouldn't JUDGE him based on his 40 time though... 

Yeah, i make these silly bold statements like Robert is injury prone based on his running style.  I refer to his talent in many of my posts.  He is gifted in a lot of areas and his concerns have always been his running approach. 

How outrageous of me!!!  eek1  

There are PLENTY of experts that say 40 times and measurables are overrated.  Suggs was too slow.  Ray Lewis slipped to us because "he wasn't the right size".  Teams make mistakes based on measurables all the time. 

Again, how outrageous of me to say that 40 times are overrated! 

The trade definitely wasn't Roberts' fault. I never said it or implied it. But it's natural for all players to be judged based on things like draft position. 


I'm sure judging him based on the trade is also outrageous to you.

I really can't find one of these comments that aren't debateable.  It's just funny how you take the liberty to link yourself WITH EVERY OTHER PERSON IN THE WORLD.  You must have done a lot of research with that one.  thumbup.gif



 

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 12:37 AM

Re: Rg injury 


I understand what Griffin was trying to do by playing through the pain. People love a good story where a player tries to play with grit. However it was the first quarter and with an injury to the knee, Griffin should have known better than to try and stay even for one more play. Too much investment into him. I still think the Redskins have a quarterback with superstar potential but he's got to be able to make better decisions about his health.

Going back to the whole Shanahan/Andrews story, I happened to find that article right here. If this is true, and I have no reason to think Andrews is being dishonest, then it shows that Shanahan is willing to put the health of his players at risk by not ensuring that they have a clean bill of health. Today was the third time this year that an injury occurred with Griffin that Shanahan dropped the ball with.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 12:47 AM

Re: Rg injury 


Hey only 2-3 more years before they can start drafting him some weapons - he should be completely beat to hell by than cool
...and don't call me Shirley
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/7/2013 1:09 AM

Re: Rg injury 


Teams with option read QB's need to have good quality backups. Luck will prove out much better than Griffin, Wilson, and Newton over time as will guys like Dalton. Once defenses know the run is hampered they are screwed
Reply | Quote

Posted: 1/7/2013 1:13 AM

Re: RG III injury (merged) 


No doubt in my mind that Griffin was playing on a very bad knee. The play that put him out of the game involved a bad snap from center. While trying to retrieve it, RG3's knee buckled in a way that just isn't normal. Nobody from either team even touched him before he went down. Fortunately for him, and his rather foolish coach HC, the knee now has an off season to be made right.

Given what Shanahan traded away in draft picks to get Griffin, he should take better car of him. At this rate, it wouldn't be a surprise if Griffin is broken before Shanahan can put together enough talent around RG3 to do any more with his team than he already has.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >