Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self

Avatar

Posted: 12/1/2012 10:40 AM

OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


"We will never surrender or retreat! Victory or Death!"- Lt. Col. William Barret Travis, Officer Commanding, Alamo
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/1/2012 11:06 AM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


Twitter: sources say LB Jovan Belcher potential victim.

Tragic!
Momma says, "Foosball is the Devil!

Last edited 12/1/2012 11:08 AM by Thedailydose

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/1/2012 11:08 AM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


Matty Boutwell™ ‏@MattyinMaine
Reports are Cheifs & former UMaine LB Jovan Belcher shot himself and his girlfriend at Chiefs facility. #caafb #Mesports #nfl


That's terrible.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/1/2012 11:10 AM

RE: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


He's the victim to himself! So very sad :(

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/1/2012 11:15 AM

RE: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


what the hell is going on in this world anymore...

PROUD PSL OWNER SECTION 111.
YOUR LOCAL EMBROIDERY COMPANY.
 VOTED BY THE RAVENS FRONT OFFICE A TOP 10 FAN 2005

Reply | Quote
  • PSURaven
  • Raven Veteran
  • 4098 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/1/2012 11:27 AM

RE: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 



braven98 wrote: what the hell is going on in this world anymore...
Some people can't handle defeat and rejection anymore.  Sad fact is that schools teach these kids today that nobody loses and everybody is the best.  Then they get out in the real world and can't handle defeat and rejection.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/1/2012 11:45 AM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 



Thedailydose wrote: Twitter: sources say LB Jovan Belcher potential victim.

Tragic!

If he is the shooter, he is not a victim. He is a murderer. His girlfriend is a victim.
"We will never surrender or retreat! Victory or Death!"- Lt. Col. William Barret Travis, Officer Commanding, Alamo
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/1/2012 11:47 AM

RE: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


Just read a report that he was confronted when he got to the practice facility by Romeo Crennel and Scott Pioli. He killed himself right in front of them and some teammates.

That's just a rumor right now though.
Reply | Quote
  • PSURaven
  • Raven Veteran
  • 4098 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 12/1/2012 11:53 AM

RE: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 



dmason85 wrote: Just read a report that he was confronted when he got to the practice facility by Romeo Crennel and Scott Pioli. He killed himself right in front of them and some teammates.

That's just a rumor right now though.
KC Star is reporting this.  It sounds like it got crazy in the Chiefs facilities.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012...girlfriend.html

Last edited 12/1/2012 11:56 AM by PSURaven

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/1/2012 12:19 PM

RE: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


Truly tragic. If you look at that organizations history they've been cursed on and off the field. Remember Derrick Thomas? Joe Delaney?
If you see me wearing a turban and sandals that means the Steelers are playing Iraq

Last edited 12/1/2012 12:22 PM by Ravnfan4life

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/1/2012 12:24 PM

RE: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


Those poor people all of them, and they are expected to play tomorrow.

"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in.You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch!'If you go in any other way you're gonna lose.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/1/2012 12:32 PM

RE: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 



drkraven wrote: Those poor people all of them, and they are expected to play tomorrow.

And at Arrowhead too.  What a senseless loss.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/1/2012 12:52 PM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 




---------------------------------------------
--- TexanRaven wrote:


Thedailydose wrote: Twitter: sources say LB Jovan Belcher potential victim.

Tragic!

If he is the shooter, he is not a victim. He is a murderer. His girlfriend is a victim.

---------------------------------------------

 I think people know what I meant. He was obviously sick and seriously depressed. A victim in his own right. Jeesh!
Momma says, "Foosball is the Devil!

Last edited 12/1/2012 1:16 PM by wayupnorth

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/1/2012 1:45 PM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 



Thedailydose wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- TexanRaven wrote:


Thedailydose wrote: Twitter: sources say LB Jovan Belcher potential victim.

Tragic!

If he is the shooter, he is not a victim. He is a murderer. His girlfriend is a victim.

---------------------------------------------

 I think people know what I meant. He was obviously sick and seriously depressed. A victim in his own right. Jeesh!

Being sick and depressed, if he was, still does not make him a victim. There are a lot of people who are sick and depressed who don't go and blow their girlfriends'/boyfriends'/spouses' heads off then blow their own brains out. He may have been sick and depressed before he pulled the trigger. He became a murderer after he pulled the trigger. I feel for his murdered girlfriend and for his family and friends. I have no compassion for a coward who took the easy way out.
"We will never surrender or retreat! Victory or Death!"- Lt. Col. William Barret Travis, Officer Commanding, Alamo
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/1/2012 1:49 PM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


Wow
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/1/2012 2:28 PM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 



TexanRaven wrote:
Thedailydose wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- TexanRaven wrote:


Thedailydose wrote: Twitter: sources say LB Jovan Belcher potential victim.

Tragic!

If he is the shooter, he is not a victim. He is a murderer. His girlfriend is a victim.

---------------------------------------------

 I think people know what I meant. He was obviously sick and seriously depressed. A victim in his own right. Jeesh!

Being sick and depressed, if he was, still does not make him a victim. There are a lot of people who are sick and depressed who don't go and blow their girlfriends'/boyfriends'/spouses' heads off then blow their own brains out. He may have been sick and depressed before he pulled the trigger. He became a murderer after he pulled the trigger. I feel for his murdered girlfriend and for his family and friends. I have no compassion for a coward who took the easy way out.
Being a victim and a murderer is not mutually exclusive. We don't know all the facts yet, but psychologically healthy people don't go out murdering others and then shoot themselves in a parking lot in front of everyone. We'll likely never know, but it's a tragedy because maybe with some professional help, both he and his girlfriend might be alive today.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/1/2012 2:46 PM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


If ypu wish to feel sorry for a person who murdered his girlfriend and the mother of their 3-month old child, go right ahead. My compassion is reserved for her, her child, her family and his family.

As someone who has had family members murdered, I have listened to the excuses and justifications until I am nauseous... "He was discriminated against as a child!"  "He was a poor student in school!"  "She came from a broken home!"  "His family was dysfunctional!" Blah blah blah blah.... End of the day? My family members are still dead. She is still brutally dead. Her child is still motherless. He is still a murderer.
"We will never surrender or retreat! Victory or Death!"- Lt. Col. William Barret Travis, Officer Commanding, Alamo
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/1/2012 3:52 PM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 



TexanRaven wrote: If ypu wish to feel sorry for a person who murdered his girlfriend and the mother of their 3-month old child, go right ahead. My compassion is reserved for her, her child, her family and his family.

As someone who has had family members murdered, I have listened to the excuses and justifications until I am nauseous... "He was discriminated against as a child!"  "He was a poor student in school!"  "She came from a broken home!"  "His family was dysfunctional!" Blah blah blah blah.... End of the day? My family members are still dead. She is still brutally dead. Her child is still motherless. He is still a murderer.
I understand where you are coming from TR, and its sad to hear about your situation. But the one thing you have to understand, to be mentally weak isnt "cowardice", theres people walking on this earth who truly are "sick", but we identify them as "normal" when they walk pass us. I see them everyday as i work with them, but i guess people in your situation have every right to be angry, and perhaps i would be myself.
Posted Image
"Its like...Someone Created him on Madden."
~Jacoby on Joe~
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/1/2012 4:05 PM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


Just a sad story to say the least. Gal was just 22 with a baby and this guy had his whole life in front of him NFL athlete or not. Just terrible. The gals poor Mom seen him shoot her daughter, poor woman is going to live that the rest of ler life and the kid will always be haunted by his father killing his mother than himself.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/1/2012 4:06 PM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 



sczepp wrote: Just a sad story to say the least. Gal was just 22 with a baby and this guy had his whole life in front of him NFL athlete or not. Just terrible. The gals poor Mom seen him shoot her daughter, poor woman is going to live that the rest of ler life and the kid will always be haunted by his father killing his mother than himself.
Yea, you just dont get over something like that in a couple of years, there will always be something to remind you of that tragedy on a daily basis.

The only thing is now, the Mom can concentrate on taking care of the baby & have that fuel her everyday.
Posted Image
"Its like...Someone Created him on Madden."
~Jacoby on Joe~
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/1/2012 4:22 PM

RE: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


" Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self"

He did it in the wrong order.

Killed his girlfriend right in front of her mother, and left a 3-month old baby orphaned. Horrendous.
Reply | Quote
  • BMann
  • Raven Veteran
  • 4208 posts this site

Posted: 12/1/2012 5:02 PM

RE: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


I'm a bit surprised that the Chiefs' game is still going to be played as scheduled.  If I'm Romeo Crennel, and I just witnessed a player of mine blow his brains out right in front of me as I tried desperately to talk him out of it, I don't think I'd be up for coaching a football game a day or two later.  My thoughts will be with him and his team tomorrow, and of course with the family of the murdered woman.  I can't imagine the poor Mom who had to witness her daughter being killed.  Just an awful story...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/1/2012 5:32 PM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


I dunno. Maybe it's better to focus on a football game instead of constantly thinking about and replaying the horrible scene they saw today over and over again. I think I'd want something, anything to take my mind off that for a while.

It's going to be a very somber atmosphere in KC tomorrow though
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/1/2012 5:37 PM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


I'm wondering what lead him to shoot his girlfriend in the first place.

 Then drive to arrowhead, thanks  Crennel and Poloi for everything they did for him. They tried talking to him as he holds a gun to his head, then he blows his brains out at the front door of the facility when the cops show up..

Something more was going on there than we know right now...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/1/2012 7:56 PM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


Anyone claiming this player was a victim, while I understand what you're trying to say . . . just no.  No.


He killed his girlfriend first.  And then after some time between (drove to Arrowhead) and meeting with coach / GM, blows his brains out in front of them.

Mental illness is real, and serious . . . but I can hardly characterize this guy as a victim.  Unless we find his was related to football biochemically (CTE or other brain damage), then he is NOT a victim here, at least in IMHO.


Sandusky obviously suffers from some mental problems like most molesters . . . doesn't mean he's a victim.  Most criminals and murderers are suffering from some kind of mental illness / distress.   I can't accept them as victims when they take ANOTHER person's life.

if he had just killed himself, it would be another story.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/1/2012 8:07 PM

RE: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 



BMann wrote: I'm a bit surprised that the Chiefs' game is still going to be played as scheduled.  If I'm Romeo Crennel, and I just witnessed a player of mine blow his brains out right in front of me as I tried desperately to talk him out of it, I don't think I'd be up for coaching a football game a day or two later.  My thoughts will be with him and his team tomorrow, and of course with the family of the murdered woman.  I can't imagine the poor Mom who had to witness her daughter being killed.  Just an awful story...

I'm with you, BMann.  The NFL has directed that the game go on.  The Chiefs and Panthers may want to counter-demand: Reschedule the game or both refuse to play.  Sure, it's not unprecedented for players to die mid-season - but these circumstances are exceptionally horrendous.

In addition to the mother witnessing her daughter being killed, most likely the child was present too in the house.

Usually I am pretty good at being able to find some silver lining or some good that can come out of a tragedy.  Not this one.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/1/2012 9:00 PM

RE: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


Anyone who thinks the player isn't as much a victim as the girlfriend, you're flat-out wrong. He's dead too. According to everything I've read about him today, I highly doubt that he would do what he did again if he had the opportunity to. Good people get caught in bad situations every day, and this seems like one of those cases, which ended up taking two peoples' lives and orphaning a baby. There's probably more information to come out, like what lead to the shooting of the girlfriend from the perspective of the mother, and what occurred up until the gunshot to himself from the perspective of Chiefs personnel.

He's not some monster that beat up the girl and then suffocated the life from her body... he pulled a trigger twice. The first likely leaving him so distraught and disgusted with himself, along with afraid of the ramifications, that he panicked and did the same to himself. He's not Chris Benoit, who had the brain of an 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient, slowly killed his family over the course of a weekend, and then hung himself.


And anyone who compares him to Jerry Sandusky is a complete moron and the opinion is already freaking null because there are NO similarities between the two cases, other than the fact that laws were broken in both. There is NO comparison to draw between a 50 year old man raping children for dozens of years, and likely conspiring programs in order to facilitate that sick pleasure... and a 25-year-old football player getting in a heated situation and freaking out in a severely detrimental way, over the course of a couple hours.

Reply | Quote
  • rjslomo
  • Just Drafted
  • 15 posts this site

Posted: 12/1/2012 10:57 PM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


I heard a report from Adam Schefter that Art Jones grew up with him & knew him very well. Very sad!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/1/2012 11:27 PM

RE: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 




---------------------------------------------
--- SouthpawImpact wrote:

Anyone who thinks the player isn't as much a victim as the girlfriend, you're flat-out wrong. He's dead too.

He's not some monster that beat up the girl and then suffocated the life from her body... he pulled a trigger twice. The first likely leaving him so distraught and disgusted with himself, along with afraid of the ramifications, that he panicked and did the same to himself.

---------------------------------------------

Whatever dude. He killed the mother of his 3-month old baby. I hope he burns in hell.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/1/2012 11:43 PM

RE: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 



12thRaven wrote:
BMann wrote: I'm a bit surprised that the Chiefs' game is still going to be played as scheduled.  If I'm Romeo Crennel, and I just witnessed a player of mine blow his brains out right in front of me as I tried desperately to talk him out of it, I don't think I'd be up for coaching a football game a day or two later.  My thoughts will be with him and his team tomorrow, and of course with the family of the murdered woman.  I can't imagine the poor Mom who had to witness her daughter being killed.  Just an awful story...

I'm with you, BMann.  The NFL has directed that the game go on.  The Chiefs and Panthers may want to counter-demand: Reschedule the game or both refuse to play.  Sure, it's not unprecedented for players to die mid-season - but these circumstances are exceptionally horrendous.

In addition to the mother witnessing her daughter being killed, most likely the child was present too in the house.

Usually I am pretty good at being able to find some silver lining or some good that can come out of a tragedy.  Not this one.

It was actually his Mother not the girlfriends Mother..news said his Mother always referred to the girlfriend as her daughter..just wanted to get facts straight! But either way it is a sad situation for all involved! I had a younger sister that committed suicide a few years back,she also shot herself,no one knows the pain that this causes everyone involved unless you have lived through it.Friends,family ,will never be the same because it is always in the back of your mind.So I am sending my thoughts and prayers out to  all of the family
,friends ,teammates and everyone who knew these two young people.I can't imaginge having a loved one murdered but I do know the pain of suicide! So everyone please stop blaming and just pray for all involved! There will be enough time for blame later..now they just need support and prayers! 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 6:52 AM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 



rjslomo wrote: I heard a report from Adam Schefter that Art Jones grew up with him & knew him very well. Very sad!
I dunno if many people know this, but concerning the football aspect Belcher was a player that the Ravens had on their radar and actually brought him in for one of their alotted free-agent visits (if I'm not mistaken) the year he came out. He was an undersized rush-end at Maine, and teams were looking at him to see if he could translate to being a linebacker. I know from the sources/connections/info I had at the time that he was a guy the team did like -- and he prolly would've come here if we hadn't gotten Ellerbe as an undrafted LB.

As for the life aspect, its supremely sad indeed.

My sincere heartfelt prayers go out to everyone related or close to this situation in any way.

C DiP
Poundin' da rock & Punishin' D wins games, period!!!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/2/2012 11:53 AM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


On a even sadder note ,if possible, for the Chiefs..this tragedy hits Jamal Charles ,their running back, extra hard I am sure! It was reported this morning on NFL channel that the young lady killed was actually Jamals wifes cousin and they had actually introduced the two of them a few years ago! So sad all the way around!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/2/2012 9:49 PM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 



ClericBlackDave wrote:

Anyone claiming this player was a victim, while I understand what you're trying to say . . . just no.  No.


He killed his girlfriend first.  And then after some time between (drove to Arrowhead) and meeting with coach / GM, blows his brains out in front of them.

Mental illness is real, and serious . . . but I can hardly characterize this guy as a victim.  Unless we find his was related to football biochemically (CTE or other brain damage), then he is NOT a victim here, at least in IMHO.


Sandusky obviously suffers from some mental problems like most molesters . . . doesn't mean he's a victim.  Most criminals and murderers are suffering from some kind of mental illness / distress.   I can't accept them as victims when they take ANOTHER person's life.

if he had just killed himself, it would be another story.

Amen. At least I am not the only one to feel he is not a victim.
"We will never surrender or retreat! Victory or Death!"- Lt. Col. William Barret Travis, Officer Commanding, Alamo
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 9:52 PM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 



TexanRaven wrote: 

Amen. At least I am not the only one to feel he is not a victim.
Does that make you feel better about yourself? Just cause you're not alone? ...ohlord
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/2/2012 10:18 PM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 


Anyone else hear that idiot Costas at halftime? He said if Belcher didn't possess a gun, he and his girlfriend would be alive today. Typical liberal psychobable BS. The problem is he really believes this. I don't need to name the many ways this guy could have taken two lives without a firearm. Biggest issue for for me is that Costas, being the classless jerk that he is, took this as an opportunity to espouse his political beliefs to the viewing audience. It's a tragedy plain and simple. Leave it at that Bob.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/2/2012 10:19 PM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 



SouthpawImpact wrote:
TexanRaven wrote: 

Amen. At least I am not the only one to feel he is not a victim.
Does that make you feel better about yourself? Just cause you're not alone? ...ohlord
Yes it does. If you want to waste breathe on feeling sorry for a murderer, go right ahead. ohlord
"We will never surrender or retreat! Victory or Death!"- Lt. Col. William Barret Travis, Officer Commanding, Alamo
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/2/2012 10:20 PM

RE: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 



---------------------------------------------


Whatever dude. He killed the mother of his 3-month old baby. I hope he burns in hell.

---------------------------------------------

You're making a lot of assumptions about "the mother of his 3-month old baby" and of Jovan Belcher.
FTB
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/2/2012 10:21 PM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 



blackbirds wrote: Anyone else hear that idiot Costas at halftime? He said if Belcher didn't possess a gun, he and his girlfriend would be alive today. Typical liberal psychobable BS. The problem is he really believes this. I don't need to name the many ways this guy could have taken two lives without a firearm. Biggest issue for for me is that Costas, being the classless jerk that he is, took this as an opportunity to espouse his political beliefs to the viewing audience. It's a tragedy plain and simple. Leave it at that Bob.

Maybe Costas would feel better if he had beaten her to death with a crowbar, or stabbed her repeatedly with a knife, or poured gas on her and torched her. The point is- he wanted her dead and he made her dead. Would she be less dead if he had used something else to kill her?
"We will never surrender or retreat! Victory or Death!"- Lt. Col. William Barret Travis, Officer Commanding, Alamo

Last edited 12/2/2012 10:21 PM by TexanRaven

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/2/2012 10:25 PM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 




---------------------------------------------
--- blackbirds wrote:

Anyone else hear that idiot Costas at halftime? He said if Belcher didn't possess a gun, he and his girlfriend would be alive today. Typical liberal psychobable BS. The problem is he really believes this. I don't need to name the many ways this guy could have taken two lives without a firearm. Biggest issue for for me is that Costas, being the classless jerk that he is, took this as an opportunity to espouse his political beliefs to the viewing audience. It's a tragedy plain and simple. Leave it at that Bob.

---------------------------------------------

I agree with Costas.

Guns are a problem.

It's not liberal psychobabble, it's fairly common sense. It takes a lot of energy to kill someone if there's no gun. Choking, burning, beating, stabbing...all those take time. A gunshot can happen so easily.
FTB
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/2/2012 10:31 PM

Re: OT- Chiefs player kills girlfriend and self 




---------------------------------------------
--- TexanRaven wrote:


blackbirds wrote: Anyone else hear that idiot Costas at halftime? He said if Belcher didn't possess a gun, he and his girlfriend would be alive today. Typical liberal psychobable BS. The problem is he really believes this. I don't need to name the many ways this guy could have taken two lives without a firearm. Biggest issue for for me is that Costas, being the classless jerk that he is, took this as an opportunity to espouse his political beliefs to the viewing audience. It's a tragedy plain and simple. Leave it at that Bob.

Maybe Costas would feel better if he had beaten her to death with a crowbar, or stabbed her repeatedly with a knife, or poured gas on her and torched her. The point is- he wanted her dead and he made her dead. Would she be less dead if he had used something else to kill her?

---------------------------------------------

That's assuming he planned to kill her that day. It may have been spontaneous. If he pulls a trigger in a fit of rage, pretty spontaneous. If he poured gass onnher and torched her, he'd have to tie her up. He may have thought twice about killing her if he had to go through so many steps to "make her dead."

Guns are a problem. It's really not even a political issue now, it's a ******** vs. a smart guy issue.
FTB
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >